the creation story a myth????

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(jkdjr25;24944)
(thesuperjag;24942)
If the King of Tyrus is not there in Eden, the Garden of God, why did God say He was there...Look...Ezekiel 28:12-13 - Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God;... Jag
As I said it was satire. God was chastising him for his arrogance. Look at the language used and the context in which it is used. Content and context. Its like I've been saying all along. You have to let the Holy Spirit guide you and then use deductive reasoning to test the teaching. If the teaching and the scripture fail because of content or because they ignore the context of the language then the teaching fails the test of logic aligning with scripture and is therefore false.So God decided to make fun of a person for the person who is not there? That seems not right bud. Do you have scriptures that God made some satire? If you don't have scriptures, you've let me down.Jag

jkdjr25

Nov 5, 2007
(thesuperjag;24946)
So God decided to make fun of a person for the person who is not there? That seems not right bud. Do you have scriptures that God made some satire? If you don't have scriptures, you've let me down.Jag
Do you honestly not see that what was being said was satirical chastisement? I've explained what was going on three times now. The text is both a literal description of Satan AND a satirical chastising of the King of Tyrus for his arrogance. How is that difficult to see? You can't just take one or two verses out of context and demand an explanation. Language just doesn't work like that. You have to know the content and context of the entire chapter to get an accurate view of what's being said. Once you have that let the Holy Spirit guide you through logic and deductive reasoning to the correct answer. If you truly want to understand, try looking at the whole of the text through that light. It'll help you understand things far better.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(jkdjr25;24948)
(thesuperjag;24946)
So God decided to make fun of a person for the person who is not there? That seems not right bud. Do you have scriptures that God made some satire? If you don't have scriptures, you've let me down.Jag
Do you honestly not see that what was being said was satirical chastisement? I've explained what was going on three times now. The text is both a literal description of Satan AND a satirical chastising of the King of Tyrus for his arrogance. How is that difficult to see? You can't just take one or two verses out of context and demand an explanation. Language just doesn't work like that. You have to know the content and context of the entire chapter to get an accurate view of what's being said. Once you have that let the Holy Spirit guide you through logic and deductive reasoning to the correct answer.If you truly want to understand, try looking at the whole of the text through that light. It'll help you understand things far better.So you are saying that we need the Hebrew and Greek languages to understand the deeper meaning of the Word of God and by your superior knowledge, you can't seem to provide me scriptures to back up that truth?Jag

jkdjr25

Nov 5, 2007
You don't want truth. You want blind agreement to what you believe and I will not give it. I didn't say that about Hebrew or Greek and you know it. You're being willfully obtuse and its not right. You asked a question about scripture, I gave it. You then proceed to try and goad me into a verbal fight and, sorry, but I'm no fool. You have no desire to reason anything. As I said You want blind, unthinking adherence to your interpretation and I will not give it.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(jkdjr25;24950)
You don't want truth. You want blind agreement to what you believe and I will not give it. I didn't say that about Hebrew or Greek and you know it. You're being willfully obtuse and its not right. You asked a question about scripture, I gave it. You then proceed to try and goad me into a verbal fight and, sorry, but I'm no fool. You have no desire to reason anything. As I said You want blind, unthinking adherence to your interpretation and I will not give it.
This is a perfect example of discussions of why I can't believe in a soul who can not back up with scriptures, yet they claim it as Truth. I don't take men's tradition. I take Truth.(crooner;24929)
Snake s sym language for satan isnt it?
Yes crooner, the serpent is symbolic to Satan. It is not a literal snake.Jag

jkdjr25

Nov 5, 2007
(thesuperjag;24952)
This is a perfect example of discussions of why I can't believe in a soul who can not back up with scriptures, yet they claim it as Truth. I don't take men's tradition. I take Truth.Yes crooner, the serpent is symbolic to Satan. It is not a literal snake.Jag
The serpent is not symbolic. I told you what that meant. You claim I can't back myself up with scripture but I don't need to. The scriptures say EXACTLY what I'm saying. You're the one who has to back up what they believe by using verses out of context to what is being talked about. You cannot reason, so you berate and dimiss anyone out of turn who won't adhere to your way of thinking. You've already determined that someone like myself is wrong so you ask them questions that you already know their answer to and then summarily declare them to be wrong for not adhering to your standards. You can't have it both ways Jag. Either the Bible is 100% inerrant or it is 100% figurative. I cannot be both by definition. There is NO argument around that simple fact/

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(jkdjr25;24957)
The serpent is not symbolic. You can't have it both ways Jag. Either the Bible is 100% inerrant or it is 100% figurative. I cannot be both by definition. There is NO argument around that simple fact/
Revelation 12:8 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.The devil, Satan is.....the old serpent! :eek:........Whirlwind

jkdjr25

Nov 5, 2007
And I also never, not one singular time, said that it wasn't. I said, and maintain, that it was both Satan and a literal serpent. Either Satan speaking through it via possession OR him having taken that form.Why is that difficult to comprehend?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Its just plain not in scripture another opinion based on your own ideasand to say the Bible has to be 100% literal or 100% figurative is absolutely the most ridiculuos thing I ever heard who's rule is that? yours.The bible is literal, figurative, symbolical, and spiritual and anyone who doesn't get that is never going understand anything in the Word.