The Cup of Salvations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ps. 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation(S), and call upon the name of the LORD.

כּוֹס-יְשׁוּעוֹת אֶשָּׂא וּבְשֵׁם יְהוָה אֶקְרָא

The Hebrew text has the word for "salvation" as plural...or "yeshouot" ...and for good reason.

There are 2 salvations necessary to enter into the kingdom life of God. Saved FROM the world and saved INTO Christ. Most people consider themselves saved by being in the wilderness. But there is an abundant rest of God waiting for us in Zion. Just like the Israelites had to cross the red sea AND the Jordan river. Now a lot of people were saved FROM Egypt. But few were saved INTO the promised land. Many are called, few are chosen. Run to win!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saved FROM the world and saved INTO Christ.
The only way to be saved from the world . . . actually, saved from sin and death, is by being saved into Christ. It's not the world that kills us. We die because we sin. The only way to remove us from the penalty of sin is to be immersed into Christ.

Consider . . . The did not have to cross Jordan to reach Kadesh-Barnea. Straight shot from Egypt. But because they did not believe that they could enter, then came the wilderness, and later crossing the Jordan.

If they had only trusted their God, they would have gone straight in.

There truly is abundant life, now, yours for the believing! Yes! Run the race! Looking to Jesus, Who originates, and completes our faith.

Much love!

Reactions: mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That desert, is our testing ground, its that place where self has no place, its where we have to lean on Christ, where we ouselves can do nothing, where Christ becomes our bread of life and our water to drink, where the Spirit leads us into those places of God where we can only learn from Him, for we become dependent on Him. But few desire this place, for we as people desire companions, many do not desire this walk with God alone. Its lonely and its hard, and you will be called a fool for going this way, but thus is the only way to life in abundace.

Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are 2 salvations necessary to enter into the kingdom life of God.
You could have saved yourself some embarrassment by quoting Psalm 27:1 also:The LORD is my light and my salvation*; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

*Strong's Concordance
yesha: deliverance, rescue, salvation, safety, welfare
Original Word: יֶשַׁע

Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: yesha
Phonetic Spelling: (yeh'-shah)
Definition: deliverance, rescue, salvation, safety, welfare

The LORD (Yahweh) Himself -- AS YESHUA -- is our salvation.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could have saved yourself some embarrassment by quoting Psalm 27:1 also:The LORD is my light and my salvation*; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

*Strong's Concordance
yesha: deliverance, rescue, salvation, safety, welfare
Original Word: יֶשַׁע
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: yesha
Phonetic Spelling: (yeh'-shah)
Definition: deliverance, rescue, salvation, safety, welfare

The LORD (Yahweh) Himself -- AS YESHUA -- is our salvation.
This makes for a clear example of taking a Scripture out of it's context in support of something that Scripture doesn't say. If it did teach such an idea as "two salvations", shouldn't there be places that actually teach that?

In this instance, we need to remember that salvation speaks of our eternal salvation, but also speaks of being saved from physical death, as the writer speaks of earlier in the Psalm.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The parable of the 10 virgins shows...for they who can discern it...that there is more than one step into the abundant life. There is the gift of the lamp....and then the gift of the oil that gives light to the world....when these are put together.

Now half the virgins (of Israel) neglected the added step of buying oil for the lamps they had been given, (no doubt thinking that that would be works).

Jesus said to go the extra mile.

Being under grace takes a lot more effort to get into than the law. The rest is there once God allows us into His rest.
God upped the ante. He gave more grace but also expects more increase from they who have received it...making things to be in balance with Israel according to the flesh and the law.

God does not favour Gentiles over the Jews.

The virgins of Israel are the people of God...both Jew and Gentile.

Amos 5
5:1 Hear ye this word which I take up against you, even a lamentation, O house of Israel.
2 The virgin of Israel is fallen; she shall no more rise: she is forsaken upon her land; there is none to raise her up.
3 For thus saith the Lord God; The city that went out by a thousand shall leave an hundred, and that which went forth by an hundred shall leave ten, to the house of Israel.
4 For thus saith the Lord unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live:

Basically...go buy oil for your lamp (if indeed you have actually received the deposit of the Spirit.) In Amos 5 only 1 in 10 are accepted by God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not favour Gentiles over the Jews.
This is true, and, in fact, He's made promises of blessing to Israel that He didn't make to the Gentiles. Just the same, the New Covenant is a better covenant than the Old Covenant, based on better promises, and that is true regardless of whether you are Jew or Gentile.

To attempt to define the New Covenant according to the Old Covenant fails to take into account this difference.

And yes, I'm in complete agreement, where more is given, more is required. Or, another way to put it, is that if you say you know, then you are responsible to actually know. It's like Jesus talking to the Pharisees, since you say you know, your sin remains.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I find so dishonest and misleading about purveyors of modern "doctrines" is a lack of the truth that God is very selective in whom He accepts into the beloved. Many will fail the test. Especially considering the lack of wisdom, humility and fear of the Lord that is so widespread these days. Warning people about the judgment to come is made very difficult indeed. Indoctrination into a happy ending for all believers is like a virus or a drug that immunizes people from any kind of sound doctrine. It all seems foolish to these.

But notice the wisdom of God. They who stiffen their necks against receiving the truth in a holy fear and humility...have always been rejected. There is really nothing new under the sun. We are not more special to God than the sons of the kingdom who were rejected before us. But very few are wise enough to consider that. People rail and remain very confident in their beliefs.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I find so dishonest and misleading about purveyors of modern "doctrines" is a lack of the truth that God is very selective in whom He accepts into the beloved.
God certainly is Extremely selective! There is one way, and one way only. And I too think there are many people who fool themselves into something that isn't actually true.

But He gives His criteria. We need to heed it.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I find so dishonest and misleading about purveyors of modern "doctrines" is a lack of the truth that God is very selective in whom He accepts into the beloved. Many will fail the test. Especially considering the lack of wisdom, humility and fear of the Lord that is so widespread these days. Warning people about the judgment to come is made very difficult indeed. Indoctrination into a happy ending for all believers is like a virus or a drug that immunizes people from any kind of sound doctrine. It all seems foolish to these.

But notice the wisdom of God. They who stiffen their necks against receiving the truth in a holy fear and humility...have always been rejected. There is really nothing new under the sun. We are not more special to God than the sons of the kingdom who were rejected before us. But very few are wise enough to consider that. People rail and remain very confident in their beliefs.

Do you see this casual attitude of today's Church toward God as connected to "The falling away"? Or, just the age? I have known many stiff-necked, set in cement, un-teachable Christians. There is fear there...I know. ;) And, as long as we are "confident" in Christ, we won't be tripped up by our "beliefs". :)