The Divine Council.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

You should speak to my son, he'd fancy that idea SO much! He too cannot fathom that there is soo many stars and planets out there, only for them to be barren. And who knows, you may both be right. For myself, I cannot wait for the new creation and the possibility that we might get to go out and explore the incredible 'heavens' that God has created. We only have eternity to explore, right? Why stop at Canada, or Bangladesh?
I've even heard one Pastor speculate that even if there is not life out there now, there may be in the new creation. The part in scripture that teaches that we get to 'rule'. I mean...if we're all Christians, who do we 'rule' over? I've often wondered that myself.
I would suggest also that the parable where Jesus describes leaving the 99 in search of the one lost sheep is not solely about a hyperbole of individual people... But a literal understatement of leaving unfallen worlds to save the one.

Reactions: Giuliano

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would suggest also that the parable where Jesus describes leaving the 99 in search of the one lost sheep is not solely about a hyperbole of individual people... But a literal understatement of leaving unfallen worlds to save the one.
Ah. As nice as that sounds, and as much as I hesitate to get into a deeper theological conversation on all this (just due to my general lack of knowledge on it all), I have to wonder if that's taking the clear and simple meaning of an allegory and going far beyond what was ever intended for it. And, I do so for a few reasons. First, the parable simply doesn't say anything of the like. It is pure supposition that leads to the conclusion that the parable is speaking beyond the most obvious.
Secondly, I have to wonder at the 'unfallen worlds and peoples' idea. Romans clearly tells us that Adam and Eve's sin fractured the entire cosmos. All of creation groans under the weight of it, longing for redemption...its redemption, and our redemption.
This is why we see stars burn out and collapse. This is why asteroids hit planets, causing destruction. Sin reached beyond Earth and devastated the entire Universe. That is why when God makes all things new, he makes a "new heavens and a new Earth". So...how is it that in this fractured and sinful universe we would find 'unfallen' planets and beings?