The Divine Plan of the Ages by Charles T Russell - Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As we are finding God never abandons His promises - He judges them severely but never goes back on His Promises 2 Peter 3:9 ...you and I are slack but not Him ;)
The JW's and others dont know God or How He works - they will!

Heaven is an exclusive "Christians-only gated community", so if jews or any other non-christians were let in it'd be a case of "oops there goes the neighbourhood" and it ain't never gonna happen..:)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Heaven is an exclusive "Christians-only gated community", so if jews or any other non-christians were let in it'd be a case of "oops there goes the neighbourhood" and it ain't never gonna happen..:)
The Kingdom is on earth...may need to revisit that belief of yours.

The Lord refers to himself as “the Son of Man” in Matthew 25:31, the title He most frequently used for Himself during His earthly ministry and one that from the time of its first use in Daniel 7:13 was considered a messianic title. Christ also spoke of the “throne” on which He will sit; namely, the Davidic throne that He will occupy as David’s descendant when He rules over David’s Kingdom (2 Samuel 7:16 & Luke 1:32-33)
This is elementary dear watson!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Kingdom is on earth..

That's not what I heard..:)
Jesus said to the chap on the cross next to him-
"Today you'll be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:41)
But if people prefer to stay on earth instead of go to a heavenly paradise, good luck to them..:)

1-thessalonians-4-16-17.jpg

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's not what I heard..:)
Jesus said to the chap on the cross next to him-
"Today you'll be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:41)
But if people prefer to stay on earth instead of go to a heavenly paradise, good luck to them..:)

View attachment 24865
And the moment that chap awakes he will lol!
Don't you know Jesus spent 3 days in the tomb!
There is work to be done and I doubt lazy Christians will be admitted hahaha

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..There is work to be done and I doubt lazy Christians will be admitted hahaha

As Christians, 99% of our work was already done the instant we locked onto Jesus..:)
Jesus said - "The work God requires is to believe in the one he has sent" (John 6:29)
The trick now is to stay locked onto him or we'll become like a missile that loses it's lock and in military parlance "goes stupid"..:)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
re your attached image - "Come Down" states it all ;)

Yes, Jesus will be coming to pick us up to take us to Paradise, don't miss the bus ..:)
"At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds.." (Mark 13:26-27)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, Jesus will be coming to pick us up to take us to Paradise, don't miss the bus ..:)
"At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds.." (Mark 13:26-27)
Na...Matthew 5:5 hope you qualify

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As Christians, 99% of our work was already done the instant we locked onto Jesus..:)
Jesus said - "The work God requires is to believe in the one he has sent" (John 6:29)
The trick now is to stay locked onto him or we'll become like a missile that loses it's lock and in military parlance "goes stupid"..:)
This comment shows you don't yet know the work...if you want to learn you only need ask.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Na...Matthew 5:5 hope you qualify

"Meek" simply means "laid back and kool" by standing like rocks and not letting ourselves get drawn into the mire of the world,
because Christians don't do "wimp"..:)
"..I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel..Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should" (Ephesians 6:19-20)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Meek" simply means "laid back and kool" by standing like rocks and not letting ourselves get drawn into the mire of the world,
because Christians don't do "wimp"..:)
"..I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel..Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should" (Ephesians 6:19-20)
It's the inheritance of the earth which is your reward and you would trample over that? Each to their own..but good luck with that!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This comment shows you don't yet know the work...if you want to learn you only need ask.

Christians stopped "learning" the instant they knocked on Jesus's door and he said "Come on in, the kettle's on"..:)
"Knock and the door shall be opened" (Matthew 7:7-8)
I mean, he's very easy to understand, so it beats me why some people think they have to go on searching.
Paul said -
"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3)
Jesus said-"You have one teacher, me" (Matthew 23:10)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christians stopped "learning" the instant they knocked on Jesus's door and he said "Come on in, the kettle's on"..:)
"Knock and the door shall be opened" (Matthew 7:7-8)
I mean, he's very easy to understand, so it beats me why some people think they have to go on searching.
Paul said -
"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3)
Jesus said-"You have one teacher, me" (Matthew 23:10)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)

You have it all worked out then.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's the inheritance of the earth which is your reward and you would trample over that? Each to their own..but good luck with that!

The earth is a material place of atoms and molecules, and therefore has no attraction for Christians..:)
"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth" (Colossians 3:2)
"For we look at things unseen rather than the seen, for the seen are temporary,but the unseen are eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:18)

After resurrection we become purely non-material spirit beings in a new heavenly paradise in the sky-
"So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable..it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body..flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 15:42-50)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You have it all worked out then.

Not all..:)
Jesus said "You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things, so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?....
....I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going.....you are of this world, I am not of this world" (John 3:12,John 10:38,8:14,8:23)

Our weak human minds therefore haven't the horsepower to see the Big Picture, but as long as we have a good grasp of the essential basics we're on the right track..:)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The earth is a material place of atoms and molecules, and therefore has no attraction for Christians..:)
"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth" (Colossians 3:2)
"For we look at things unseen rather than the seen, for the seen are temporary,but the unseen are eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:18)

After resurrection we become purely non-material spirit beings in a new heavenly paradise in the sky-
"So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable..it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body..flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 15:42-50)
Ultimately that is true for the all in all phase...but you are getting ahead of yourself.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The JW's held the true belief that God would reunite natural Israel under the Kingship of the Lord Jesus Christ on earth. They moved away from this belief by spiritualising "all" the OT prophecies and making them the "Israel of God". They believe 144,000 believers (those worthy) will ascend Heaven to rule the earth with Christ from Heaven which is nowhere taught in the Bible.
So then...you are not JW?? The only reason I ask, is I would like to address the right person if there is an issue to confront.

However, with your explanation the JW may as well be John Lennon...who was not not demonic, just wrong. But then again most of Christendom has been wrong, and before them Israel. Which is not all the result of evil men, but of confusion, confusion from God that divides the wheat from the chaff, that slumber placed upon men to prolong the times for the salvation of many generations.

Nonetheless, if we now want to speak of what is actually true--these are the times appointed for all truth (not before).

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So then...you are not JW?? The only reason I ask, is I would like to address the right person if there is an issue to confront.

However, with your explanation the JW may as well be John Lennon...who was not not demonic, just wrong. But then again most of Christendom has been wrong, and before them Israel. Which is not all the result of evil men, but of confusion, confusion from God that divides the wheat from the chaff, that slumber placed upon men to prolong the times for the salvation of many generations.

Nonetheless, if we now want to speak of what is actually true--these are the times appointed for all truth (not before).
No not a JW. This thread is looking at the various OT prophecies concerning the regathering of Israel prior to the judgement on the world by Christ and his saints.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No not a JW. This thread is looking at the various OT prophecies concerning the regathering of Israel prior to the judgement on the world by Christ and his saints.
Okay, thanks!

Israel has preceded us. Then we who are grafted in "each one in his own order" 1 Corinthians 15:23. As for the modern "state" of Israel, it is only a redeclaration ex post facto declaring the time of the end. "Then comes the end."