The Divine Viewpoint

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
THE DIVINE VIEWPOINT IN OUR RELATIONSHIPS

The way we see things – any of us – all depends upon our viewpoint. Now there are two basic viewpoints: one is human, earthly and carnal; the other is divine, heavenly and spiritual.

Our viewpoint determines the way that we perceive things. If we view things humanly, earthly and carnally, then that is what we will "see." We will always "see" the carnal, when we look from the carnal viewpoint; but if we will see things from God's viewpoint we will "see" spiritually.

Example: sometimes we know there are discussions about hearing from each others' hearts; speaking from the heart; knowing what's in our hearts, talking heart to heart, sharing what's on our hearts, and revealing our hearts. In all of this it is important that we keep the divine perspective. After all, it is His viewpoint that is true reality.

As believers, who are we? Who are we really? Well, let's allow Paul to answer that question.

"For to me to live is Christ …" (Philippians 1:21).

"I am crucified … but Christ lives in me" (Galatians 2:20).

So who are we really? If it is true that we no longer live, but Christ lives in us – and that is true – and we want to get to know who we are, who in reality are we going to have to get to know, whether we are dealing with our "own heart" or the "heart of our brother?" Who are we going to have to get to know? The Lord Jesus Christ! He's our true identity! If you really want to get to me, you must first get to know Him. If I am really going to get to know you, I must first get to know Him.

The truth of who HE IS removes our "need" to constantly evaluate, analyze or go over the past to get to know our old selves.
. Christ frees us from all of this!

"I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 7:25).

Clyde L. Pilkington, Jr.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
THE DIVINE VIEWPOINT IN OUR RELATIONSHIPS

The way we see things – any of us – all depends upon our viewpoint. Now there are two basic viewpoints: one is human, earthly and carnal; the other is divine, heavenly and spiritual.

Our viewpoint determines the way that we perceive things. If we view things humanly, earthly and carnally, then that is what we will "see." We will always "see" the carnal, when we look from the carnal viewpoint; but if we will see things from God's viewpoint we will "see" spiritually.

Example: sometimes we know there are discussions about hearing from each others' hearts; speaking from the heart; knowing what's in our hearts, talking heart to heart, sharing what's on our hearts, and revealing our hearts. In all of this it is important that we keep the divine perspective. After all, it is His viewpoint that is true reality.

As believers, who are we? Who are we really? Well, let's allow Paul to answer that question.

"For to me to live is Christ …" (Philippians 1:21).

"I am crucified … but Christ lives in me" (Galatians 2:20).

So who are we really? If it is true that we no longer live, but Christ lives in us – and that is true – and we want to get to know who we are, who in reality are we going to have to get to know, whether we are dealing with our "own heart" or the "heart of our brother?" Who are we going to have to get to know? The Lord Jesus Christ! He's our true identity! If you really want to get to me, you must first get to know Him. If I am really going to get to know you, I must first get to know Him.

The truth of who HE IS removes our "need" to constantly evaluate, analyze or go over the past to get to know our old selves.
. Christ frees us from all of this!

"I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 7:25).

Clyde L. Pilkington, Jr.
Good post. Reminds me of a question to be pondered by all Christians: "Is this how Christ would behave?"

1Cor 6:15-20
(15) Know you not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
(16) What? know you not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
(17) But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
(18) Flee fornication. Every sin that a man does is without the body; but he that commits fornication sins against his own body.
(19) What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own?
(20) For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.