The Doctrine of Circumcision - The Mysterious Plan of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you Believe that Circumcision of the Heart is a Requirement for Salvation?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I'm Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessed Friends, I cannot imagine a more important set of Biblical information than what is found within this no-frills video. Why? Because if we do not understand what it means to have our Hearts Circumcised by Christ, all of information, or knowledge about God's Holy Word is illusory . . . none of it matters. For without Circumcision of the Heart by Christ, there can be no Eternal Life.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the OP only, not the Video . . . maybe you can summarize it for me if you like,

Salvation IS circumcision of the heart. Christ does it when we believe.

Much love!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the OP only, not the Video . . . maybe you can summarize it for me if you like,

Salvation IS circumcision of the heart. Christ does it when we believe.

Much love!

What you believe is what my Bibles also report, and thus we believe. I think you've got it.

Please cast your vote! :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you believe is what my Bibles also report, and thus we believe. I think you've got it.

Please cast your vote! :)
Your question doesn't work for me.

What is required is that we trust Jesus. And then what is required is that He save us.

Much love!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@2nd Timothy Group The idea of heart circumcision would correspond with repentance, right?

100% - Repentance cannot take place unless the Curse of Adam and Eve, the Curse of the Sinful Nature, the Curse of the Mind of the Devil (all the same thing), has been completely, totally, and utterly removed.

No person can have a repentant heart unless that Heart contains no impurities . . . no imperfections. These are just a couple verses that indicate what you are suggesting, which is spot-on.

Psalm 51:17 NLT - "The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God."
Isaiah 57:15 NLT - "The high and lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One, says this: "I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts."

All that our Powerful, Almighty God cares about is the condition of our Heart. So if you begin to read the Bible with that hypothesis in mind, you will clearly see what I am suggesting.

Thank you for your question. Appreciated.

Michael1985

Sep 30, 2020
British Columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I first saw this title, I assumed it would be a debate over whether male believers must circumcise a different body part. o_O

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first saw this title, I assumed it would be a debate over whether male believers must circumcise a different body part. o_O

Exactly. This is precisely how our Powerful, Almighty God has kept the utter Core of His Word a complete Mystery, so that the vast majority of "believers" would miss it completely. Really, it is quite incredible.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
100% - Repentance cannot take place unless the Curse of Adam and Eve, the Curse of the Sinful Nature, the Curse of the Mind of the Devil (all the same thing), has been completely, totally, and utterly removed.

No person can have a repentant heart unless that Heart contains no impurities . . . no imperfections. These are just a couple verses that indicate what you are suggesting, which is spot-on.

Psalm 51:17 NLT - "The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God."
Isaiah 57:15 NLT - "The high and lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One, says this: "I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts."

All that our Powerful, Almighty God cares about is the condition of our Heart. So if you begin to read the Bible with that hypothesis in mind, you will clearly see what I am suggesting.

Thank you for your question. Appreciated.
Great verse there, Isaiah 57.15.

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@2nd Timothy Group The idea of heart circumcision would correspond with repentance, right?
indeed it comes from God by His Mercy and Grace.

Acts 5:31
God exalted Him to His right hand as Prince and Savior, in order to grant repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.

Acts 11:8
When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

2 Timothy 2:25
with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Romans 4:11 is not only speaking of physical circumcision then circumcision of the heart is not a requirement for salvation.

Those who have not been thus sanctified will receive entire sanctification when they receive their glorified bodies.

I will say that I believe that entire sanctification (circumcision of the heart) is possible in this life and that this is good news to those who are discontented with their sinful lifestyles as Paul also expressed in Romans 7:24.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great verse there, Isaiah 57.15.

It sure is, my friend. In fact, Isa 57:14-19 is a wonderful set of Scripture that deals with the Sinful Nature being removed, the entire point and purpose of the Bible as a Whole.

Vs 14, "Remove the obstacles" refers to the Sinful Nature that causes men to stumble. Vs 15, this is writte for the contrite and lowly in spirit, just as the New Testament clearly states. God helps the struggling, poor and oppressed. Vs 15 deals with the condition of the heart, that our hearts would be healed, or, Circumcised, to have the Filthy Curse lifted and removed. Vs 16 is powerful, as God states that He will not accuse forever, meaning that His Holy Curse will be lifted for those that Truly turn to Christ. But God enables our hearts so that we will, in fact, turn to Him and in by doing so, will have our hearts purified and cleansed.

Isaiah 57:14-16, 18 CSB - "He said, "Build it up, build it up, prepare the way, remove every obstacle from my people's way." 15 For the High and Exalted One, who lives forever, whose name is holy, says this: "I live in a high and holy place, and with the oppressed and lowly of spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and revive the heart of the oppressed. 16 "For I will not accuse you forever, and I will not always be angry; for then the spirit would grow weak before me, even the breath, which I have made. ... 18 "I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will lead him and restore comfort to him and his mourners . . ."

Do you see it? Do you see how the entire Bible is focused on our Hearts? The Lord God only cares, Truly, about one thing, and it is our Hearts. So while we may have all things, and know all things, and be all great things, if our Heart is not right, our Father will remain the Devil. And if this sounds familiar to that of the Love Chapter, 1 Corinthians chapter 13, it is all because of this same principle. If we are all things amazing, but do not have Love (which can only come through a Circumcised Heart, the lifting of a simple Curse), then we nothing but a clanging bell.

Thank you. Did you cast your vote? Please cast your vote!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:28 - For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:28 - For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

This is the Heart (no pun intended) of the entire Bible! Without this Circumcision of the Heart, there is no reason for Christ to suffer and die. And there is also no reason for us to suffer and die, if this were not the focal point of our entire Bibles.

Thank you, and cast your vote in the Poll above! It is so important that others see that we agree. Thank you!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Circumcision of the heart has to do with having the sinful nature cut away from you (Colossians 2:11 (nlt)) so that you walk only after the Spirit from that point forward.

Whereas outward circumcision has to do with a commitment to keep the law.

Of course, those who are circumcised inwardly, in being obedient to the Spirit, will be obedient to the law (Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4)...not because they are attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts...but because they bear the fruit of the Spirit and against such there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).