The Elect Of God Who Are They?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

seems God does have Elect
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
You know what I wonder if they could possably be the same ones who are sealed
ohmy.gif

Very good posit Christina. Stirring up the Body to investigate on their own, to find truth, is a good thing and glorifies God. This is an excellent possibilty that could lead to a deeper understanding of the Father's ways and heart. Thank you for posting.

Something I have considered while reading this in the past, is that it is saying all flesh on earth would be destroyed, every living thing, if there had not been these elect ones on the scene.

Is He stopping His destruction and powerful judgments in order to keep the elect from experiencing and seeing relentless slaughter of the wicked, to show pity on the elect? Is He stopping His fury so there will be something left for the elect to rule over as kings and priests, even though it would be just and righteous to kill off all opposition?

Imagine being of the nations at that time, witnessing this horror and being helpless until all of a sudden it all stops and the elect come on the scene and you realize it is because of them that the affliction ceased. How quickly men will advance themselves as servants and slaves to them as God prophecied they would do. Imagine...
fivesense

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

seems God does have Elect :eek: :eek: You know what I wonder if they could possably be the same ones who are sealed :eek:

No.

The 144,000 are alive. They are sealed to prevent any harm coming to them during the times of the return of the Messiah.

But the elect, thoes the angels will be gathering at the retun of the Messiah will be both alive and dead.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Well, the way I read it, ALL means ALL.............................. So that should take care of any Elect saved or predetermined doctrine out there. Everybody on the whole planet has already been reconciled to Jesus..........................

What God had in Store for Mankind (Judgement, punishment) the Lord made peace for us though His blood. That is everybody!!!!

[/size]

Well i can show you one who shall not be reconciled. The false prophet spoken of in the book of Revelation.

Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

No i have heard some say that the beast and the devil are the same being. but this verse makes a clear distinction between them. But i have heard no one say that the false prophet is the same being as the devil. The false prophet is a human being one who will be tormented day and night forever and ever in the lake of fire.

So there is clearly 1 human being who will not be reconciled. There are so many scriptures that clearly reveal people having eternal condemnation but i guess those who find these truths hard to swallow like to have their itching ears eased by universalist preachers.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Well i can show you one who shall not be reconciled. The false prophet spoken of in the book of Revelation.

Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

No i have heard some say that the beast and the devil are the same being. but this verse makes a clear distinction between them. But i have heard no one say that the false prophet is the same being as the devil. The false prophet is a human being one who will be tormented day and night forever and ever in the lake of fire.

So there is clearly 1 human being who will not be reconciled. There are so many scriptures that clearly reveal people having eternal condemnation but i guess those who find these truths hard to swallow like to have their itching ears eased by universalist preachers.

Revelation 20:10
and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages.

A word study of the Hebrew word olam and the Greek word aion may help you with this conflict Adstar.
smile.gif
This is one of several key words that KJV mistransated and seemingly many of the more modern translations follow suit.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Revelation 20:10
and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages.

A word study of the Hebrew word olam and the Greek word aion may help you with this conflict Adstar.
smile.gif
This is one of several key words that KJV mistransated and seemingly many of the more modern translations follow suit.

It is unfair, jiggyfly, to introduce this into the post. You know quite well that there are very few students of the word who have taken the needed time to come to a correct understanding of the Greek word aion. Most have not gotten beyond the KJV and are limited in their abilities to apprehend things outside that version. While you may have spent hour upon hour concordantly studying its usage, and your conclusion that aion is an unspecified duration of time whenever used in Scripture, that truth is not known to most. So you are using your knowledge of the truth to tip the scales of the post in your favor, and I am seeing right through it.
You are naughty.
fivesense

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
It is unfair, jiggyfly, to introduce this into the post. You know quite well that there are very few students of the word who have taken the needed time to come to a correct understanding of the Greek word aion. Most have not gotten beyond the KJV and are limited in their abilities to apprehend things outside that version. While you may have spent hour upon hour concordantly studying its usage, and your conclusion that aion is an unspecified duration of time whenever used in Scripture, that truth is not known to most. So you are using your knowledge of the truth to tip the scales of the post in your favor, and I am seeing right through it.
You are naughty.
fivesense

I plead the 5th.
unsure.gif

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Fivesense:

It is unfair, jiggyfly, to introduce this into the post. You know quite well that there are very few students of the word who have taken the needed time to come to a correct understanding of the Greek word aion. Most have not gotten beyond the KJV and are limited in their abilities to apprehend things outside that version.

Grrrrrrrrr..................... I'll show you King James............umph............ apprehend nutthin............varmint........ :p

Jesus Is Lord.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
I believe the Elect of God are those whom Jesus calls out by name, and then follow Jesus.

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."