The ELECT of God will endure & the Trib. Days shortened.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
"For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be.

And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it".........

I would ask those who vehemently oppose the idea of the Church, His Elect, going through the Tribulation Period, as heresy, to consider this above strait-forward prophecy of the Lord Jesus. God will shorten the fiber of time itself to assure those that await His coming to attain it. They are obviously IN the midst of THE GREAT TRIBULATION, the worst time of trouble ever, or ever to be.

Then the Lord Jesus goes on, lest anyone would infer that there is an Earthly Savior, such as the Anti-Christ, or Mohammad, who is Christ in disguise. "DO NOT BELIEVE IT!", He implores.

"But in those days, AFTER that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light & the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.

THEN they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

And THEN He will send His angels, and gather together HIS ELECT from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven."................

"For the ELECT'S sake....whom He chose...THE CHURCH REMAINING....

[ And are they exclusively Jews? ..."From the 4 winds, the farthest part of Earth & Heaven"....]

If you are His Elect, You will not be Raptured before this Tribulation at our door. You will have died before it occurs, in it, or be translated in it, or upon the End of it, when Jesus returns & you are gathered.

There are some bound in the chains of Dogma here, who ignore many simple & clear scriptural warnings as these, preferring to believe a lie, that they will be delivered from any & all hardship. God did not save you to bless you, but so that you could be conformed to the image of His Son, & that is no matter the cost.

When your attacks become venomous, to those who are telling you the scriptural truth, such as those above, I think it is the Lord Himself that you are becoming hateful to, & you should examine your heart, less you come under judgment.

No one wants to suffer, or embrace hardship, but from time to time, God allows it for the sake of His people, & to justify Judgment to the wicked. THIS trial, that shall come upon the Earth, is the final one, & by far the most intense, for the Lord will give the Anti-Christ power over the entire Earth, & he will OVERCOME the Saints...the believers in it.

THE MINISTRY OF THE ANTI-CHRIST.

"Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.

It was granted to him [ THE ANTI-CHRIST ] to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.

[ How can the Saints be here to be overcome, if they have been "raptured" before?]

All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

The Elect are gathered from Heaven & all around the Earth upon the return of Jesus, after the days of that Tribulation. The Beast will be given authority, but not enough to take the Remnant Bride on Earth, who will be here from around the World to witness His Return, & will be changed alive into His Image!

It is then that pure wrath will be administered by God Himself, & pure joy, forever, upon those He elected.

And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand."

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose
"Whom He chose" ...... sounds like the ..... "chosen people" Israel

We Christians have chosen Christ on an individual and personal basis
God has chosen Israel as the people he will use to reconcile with mankind
Israel figures prominently in end-time events

All Israel will be saved according to Romans 9-11
Not necessarily because they deserve it
But because God decided to use them for that purpose.

There clearly is a "time of the Gentiles"
One day in the future "The time of the gentiles comes to fulfillment"
Then the focus is back fully on Israel
We have to observe that distinction
Otherwise we run into endless snags trying to harmonize Israel and the Christian church

We should see the church as the church , and Israel as Israel
End times events then become much clearer

Most likely "THE ELECT" of 1 cor 15 are ISRAEL
They are the ones who will be looking for Messiah during the tribulation
The Christians already have The Messiah .... they are not "looking for Him"

I am Second

Jan 22, 2013
USA

Not necessarily because they deserve it
But because God decided to use them for that purpose.
Are you suggesting that God values the Jews so much that He will eventually save them on a basis different from that of the Gentiles?

TWC

Dec 1, 2008
Arnie Manitoba said:
"Whom He chose" ...... sounds like the ..... "chosen people" Israel

That's not what Romans 9 says.

I am Second

Jan 22, 2013
USA
All Israel is the sum of the various processes in relation to the Olive Tree. Natural branches that remained faithful, Gentiles grafted into the covenant nation and cut off branches that were grafted back in. This includes all of the faithful men and women of all generations to which the Gospel is preached. Not the unfaithful.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
TWC said:
That's not what Romans 9 says.
I said read Romans 9 to 11

I am Second said:
Are you suggesting that God values the Jews so much that He will eventually save them on a basis different from that of the Gentiles?
I am saying what Romans is saying
It has nothing to do with what I think
or what you think

I am Second said:
All Israel is the sum of the various processes in relation to the Olive Tree. Natural branches that remained faithful, Gentiles grafted into the covenant nation and cut off branches that were grafted back in. This includes all of the faithful men and women of all generations to which the Gospel is preached. Not the unfaithful.

(Snips From Romans 11)

The Remnant of Israel
11 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew.

All Israel Will Be Saved
25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30 Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. 32 For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Arnie, Imo, the "all" of Israel will consist of the remnant elect who have attained salvation. Among them will be the 144,000. That is the "all" of Israel who will be left alive and who survive the sheep and goat judgment.

Brothertom

May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
Here is a very clear scripture as to who the Elect really ARE. The Elect are the born-again, the chosen, from the Gentiles & Israel; the Church. They are not natural Jews exclusively.

"What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the ELECT have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
Just as it is written"
The ELECT & THE CHOSEN ARE SYNONYMOUS..

Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but CHOSEN by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,

“Behold, I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone, ELECT, precious,
And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.”

Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious;

But you are a CHOSEN generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation,
His own special people!

That YOU may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy."

The ELECT are those named before the foundation of the Earth who have received mercy by the Blood of Jesus embedded in the gentiles of the Earth, & natural Israel. The Elect are the true Church.

Brothertom

May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
Here is a very clear scripture as to who the Elect really ARE. The Elect are the born-again, the chosen, from the Gentiles & Israel; the Church. They are not natural Jews exclusively.
"What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the ELECT have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
Just as it is written"

The ELECT & THE CHOSEN ARE SYNONYMOUS..

"Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but CHOSEN by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,

“Behold, I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone, ELECT, precious,
And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.”

Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious;
But you are a CHOSEN generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation,
His own special people!

That YOU may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light

who once were NOT a people but are NOW the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy."

[ Thus eliminating the idea of the ELECT being Natural Israel only. ]

The ELECT are those named before the foundation of the Earth who have received mercy by the Blood of Jesus embedded in the gentiles of the Earth, & natural Israel. The ELECT are the true Church.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
The days of the elect are shortened, not the Great Tribulation. The elect will minister for the first 3-1/2yrs just as Jesus did and then in the MIDDLE of the seven years will be caught up to God's throne just as it says in Rev 12:5 when the son's of God are birthed, Christ being the Male Head of his body, but consisting of natural believing Jew's and Gentiles male and female.

The are two accouts of his coming one is for the elect where those sleeping under the altar in heaven will come with Christ to meet the 144,000 who remained alive and sealed from harm will be caught up to God's throne to meet them and only THEY(The elect) will see him:

Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
KJV

Then you have the return WITH the saints with him from HEAVEN only, and where ALL men see Christ and there will be the trumpet annoucement for the Wedding Supper the Great Supper of God being the wedding banquet aka Armageddon!
Matt 24:30-31
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

Rev 19:9-19
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
KJV

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
The Church, as I understand it, are all believers in Christ, which includes those that have died throughout time. Will someone who believes that the elect is the church please explain how shortening the GT benefits thoses believers which have already died.