The element of unseen faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

child of fire

Mar 2, 2014
to begin i would like to talk about a conversation god and i have been having. see ever since a young age my body has had medical problems from briain damge to cancer to having to take all sorts of pills and shots just to stay alive. my body is a real mess and believe me life has not been a cake walk.
but lately i have been talking to god about healing. i have asked him to heal me, i dont just believe he can i know he can. how easily he could do it amazes me he wouldnt have to touch me or even speak- he could even just think it and BAM its done. i have never experienced healing like that or seen it but i believe in him fully.
if he hasnt healed me it just simply wasnt his will or just not time yet. 70% of my life as been nothing but pain and sadness from birth to now and because of what life delt me i have so many medical issues and physical damage
someone once asked me if god loves u so much why did he allow such horrible things? my answer- so that his glory would shine through. that answer of course just confused him more lol. but do you see the importance of believing even without seeing? everything god does and doesnt do has a purpose and if we have faith in him we just might see a miracle.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith can be trusting or believing anything, but the Lord God requires faith in His Word that He has given. Has the Lord told you that He would heal you? Surly you wouldn’t do something some one else has assumed you would do that you haven’t agreed to do, correct? Just because you can do a thing doesn’t, mean you will do a thing. Then wouldn’t it be foolish to assume that the Lord God would heal you as you like Him to? Though you are correct in that He can.

If the Lord has told you that He will heal you, then seek affirmation that what you have heard is truly of the Lord God in the name of Jesus the Christ, because if the Lord has told you He will heal you then your expectation will not be disappointed.

May the Lord be with you always

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
child of fire said:
to begin i would like to talk about a conversation god and i have been having. see ever since a young age my body has had medical problems from briain damge to cancer to having to take all sorts of pills and shots just to stay alive. my body is a real mess and believe me life has not been a cake walk.
but lately i have been talking to god about healing. i have asked him to heal me, i dont just believe he can i know he can. how easily he could do it amazes me he wouldnt have to touch me or even speak- he could even just think it and BAM its done. i have never experienced healing like that or seen it but i believe in him fully.
if he hasnt healed me it just simply wasnt his will or just not time yet. 70% of my life as been nothing but pain and sadness from birth to now and because of what life delt me i have so many medical issues and physical damage
someone once asked me if god loves u so much why did he allow such horrible things? my answer- so that his glory would shine through. that answer of course just confused him more lol. but do you see the importance of believing even without seeing? everything god does and doesnt do has a purpose and if we have faith in him we just might see a miracle.
Sorry to hear what you going through bud!

There is only one thing you need to be certain of: Joshua 24:15 because of John 9:31.

We need to be saved for God to hear our prayers. If we are certain we are saved, then He will hear and answer. If we are saved but not healed, then great is our reward in heaven Rom 8:18.

Most prayers are un-answered because those praying are not saved or don't understand the will of God for their lives. We need qualified elders for prayer and personal advice James 5:14.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
There's no easy answer to your dilemma and I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm distraught at how some people are set up for a great life and others are dealt a terrible hand of cards and the only real equalizer is death, our finite time on this earth that applies to rich and poor, healthy and unhealthy. And what tests our faith even more is that God has the power to heal illnesses but most often chooses not to; that in our asking God to heal us, we must allow God the freedom to say no.

We search the scriptures and find spectacular examples of God's power to heal and even raise the dead and often those examples push from our vision the many (majority) of instances where God's intervention was inexplicably absent. Why can't God send angels with a chariot of fire to take us from this earth, onward to heaven leaving behind all toil, sadness, and suffering?

Your story is redolent of the vast majority of people who believed God, suffered through cruel vicissitudes that life deals to people, and believed God still with unwavering faith. With eternity on our minds, we know that God's "no" is really a "not yet". Our suffering is more bearable when we know that God keeps our tears in a bottle and that our distress does not go unnoticed. So we opt to be maimed rather than to be cast whole-bodied into hell; knowing that God is closest to those who suffer the greatest. And in the end, we'd rather have God's closeness than a healing that might create distance. The tradeoff is much to our advantage.

Hope this helps.