The End of the World has come and we missed it!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
In the New Testament the word 'WORLD' is used many times. In many cases it was the Greek word 'aion' which according to the dictionary should be translated as *properly an age, other times the Greek word is 'kosmos' *by implication the world. So one must check to see if 'world' used in the scripture is speaking of, age or natural world. Some newer translations have gone on to use the word 'age' for 'aion' today.

But the KJV in e-Sword one will find, just in the book of Matthew, the scriptures where the word 'aion' has been translated as 'world' are:
Mat 12:32
Mat 13:22
Mat 13:39
Mat 13:40
Mat 13:49
Mat 24:3
Mat 28:20

What difference does this make? For one, in Matthew 24:3 the disciples ask Jesus "what shall be the sign of thy coming and the end of the world?' if it had been translated properly it would read "what shall be the sign of thy coming and the end of the age?". The big difference is that the end of the world is not destruction of the natural world, but the age that one is in.

The next thing one must look at is 'who asked the question?'. The answer of course, in this case, is the disciples. Then we might ask 'what brought about the question?'. It was because Jesus had told them that the temple, that the disciples had just pointed out to Jesus, would be totally destroyed. Now what age revolved around the temple in Jerusalem? It was the age they were living in, the age where God commanded them to offer sacrifices in that temple for their sins.

A few verses down Jesus told them the 'end' would come in their generation. Mat 24:34

Was the temple destroyed in their generation? Yes, it was destroyed in 70 AD by the Roman army.

The end of the world happened at that time, and so many people missed it.

Another scripture that speaks of the new age that came about says:
Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world (aion) without end. Amen.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Rocky Wiley said:
In the New Testament the word 'WORLD' is used many times. In many cases it was the Greek word 'aion' which according to the dictionary should be translated as *properly an age, other times the Greek word is 'kosmos' *by implication the world. So one must check to see if 'world' used in the scripture is speaking of, age or natural world. Some newer translations have gone on to use the word 'age' for 'aion' today.

But the KJV in e-Sword one will find, just in the book of Matthew, the scriptures where the word 'aion' has been translated as 'world' are:

What difference does this make? For one, in Matthew 24:3 the disciples ask Jesus "what shall be the sign of thy coming and the end of the world?' if it had been translated properly it would read "what shall be the sign of thy coming and the end of the age?". The big difference is that the end of the world is not destruction of the natural world, but the age that one is in.

The next thing one must look at is 'who asked the question?'. The answer of course, in this case, is the disciples. Then we might ask 'what brought about the question?'. It was because Jesus had told them that the temple, that the disciples had just pointed out to Jesus, would be totally destroyed. Now what age revolved around the temple in Jerusalem? It was the age they were living in, the age where God commanded them to offer sacrifices in that temple for their sins.

A few verses down Jesus told them the 'end' would come in their generation. Mat 24:34

Was the temple destroyed in their generation? Yes, it was destroyed in 70 AD by the Roman army.

Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world (aion) without end. Amen.
Mark 13:28-30
28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
KJV

When you see these signs... KNOW that the generation that they come about in.. shall not pass away until it is all finished. 1948-2018=70 yrs a generation
Keep your eye on 2014-2015 aka Psalms114-115 or 111-118. Do you know that P-urim where the people of God are spared from their enemy is always on the 14th & 15th on the JEWISH calendar? So are Passover & Feast of Tabernacles always on the 14th and 15th of their months on the JEWISH calendar.
I am a mid trib believer according to Rev 12 where the holy body of Christ will be caught up to God's throne and Satan kicked out of heaven and down to earth for the last 3-1/2ys of the Great Tribulation. Satan is the Temptor of man and the Accuser, not the Judge, Satan tempts the guilible to sin, then judgment comes from God and Satan and his are the tormentors.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
afaithfulone4u said:
Mark 13:28-30
28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
KJV

When you see these signs... KNOW that the generation that they come about in.. shall not pass away until it is all finished. 1948-2018=70 yrs a generation
Keep your eye on 2014-2015 aka Psalms114-115 or 111-118. Do you know that P-urim where the people of God are spared from their enemy is always on the 14th & 15th on the JEWISH calendar? So are Passover & Feast of Tabernacles always on the 14th and 15th of their months on the JEWISH calendar.
I am a mid trib believer according to Rev 12 where the holy body of Christ will be caught up to God's throne and Satan kicked out of heaven and down to earth for the last 3-1/2ys of the Great Tribulation. Satan is the Temptor of man and the Accuser, not the Judge, Satan tempts the guilible to sin, then judgment comes from God and Satan and his are the tormentors.
Hi afaithful1,

So many prophecy teachers of today, say the same as you. It does not line up with scripture. You changed the scripture to read the way you want it to read. To understand what was said in the scripture we do these steps:

1. Who is speaking - Jesus

2. To whom is it directed - The disciples

With just these two facts we now take to scripture this way.

Mar 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
So you, my disciples, as you know when summer is nigh, will also know that these things are about to happen.
Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
The word ‘this’ is used as a demonstrative pronoun to indicate an object or a thing which is near. On the other hand the word ‘that’ is used as a demonstrative pronoun to indicate an object or a thing which is far. http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-this-and-that-in-english-grammar/
So I say to you, my disciples, that your generation shall not pass, till all these things are finished.

I would also point to the book of Daniel:
Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
The words were to be sealed until the time of the end (several hundred years).

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
The words spoke of things that were near (very close).

There is a free on-line book that explains hermeneutics A type of traditional hermeneutic is biblical hermeneutics which concerns the study of the interpretation of the Bible.
http://www.preteristarchive.com/Books/1883_terry_biblical-hermeneutics.html

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
If one believes the Matt.24 and Mark 13 Scripture is already past history, linked with the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem in 70 A.D. by the Roman army, then they might as well throw away our Lord's Book of Revelation also. That because the 7 signs our Lord Jesus was giving in Matt.24 and Mark 13 parallel the 6 Seals of Revelation 6.

Jerusalem and the temple was destroyed in 70 A.D.

Apostle John was given Christ's Revelation approx. 96 A.D. while in prison on the Isle of Patmos.

How much common sense is required to grasp there's something amiss with the idea those signs in Matt.24 and Mark 13 ended in 70 A.D., since Christ linked them to His Book of Revelation given through Apostle John around 26 years later?

Just as it was in the days of old Israel, many in the Church today are just as gullable with heeding false prophets as Israel was in Old Testament times, instead of using simple common sense reasoning within God's Word.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
veteran said:
If one believes the Matt.24 and Mark 13 Scripture is already past history, linked with the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem in 70 A.D. by the Roman army, then they might as well throw away our Lord's Book of Revelation also. That because the 7 signs our Lord Jesus was giving in Matt.24 and Mark 13 parallel the 6 Seals of Revelation 6.

Jerusalem and the temple was destroyed in 70 A.D.

Apostle John was given Christ's Revelation approx. 96 A.D. while in prison on the Isle of Patmos.

How much common sense is required to grasp there's something amiss with the idea those signs in Matt.24 and Mark 13 ended in 70 A.D., since Christ linked them to His Book of Revelation given through Apostle John around 26 years later?

Just as it was in the days of old Israel, many in the Church today are just as gullable with heeding false prophets as Israel was in Old Testament times, instead of using simple common sense reasoning within God's Word.
Hello Veteran,

There are other historians that date the time of the writting earlier. We also know that the temple was important to the disciples and yet in the book of Revelation nothing was said about it being destroyed. As a matter of fact:
Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
How was he to measure the temple, if it had been destroyed? The court outside to be given to the Gentiles for 42 months, isn't that 3 1/2 years that would relate to the part of the 7 years that would be in the tribulation period?

While we are in the book of Revelation, can we not point to the very clear warnings of Jesus.

Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

I believe Jesus when he said he would come quickly and I would never change his word, especially when it is so clear that quickly means very soon to those 7 churches to whom this book was written.

Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The book of Revelation is not one to go to for clearification of Matthew, in fact Matthew makes the book of Revelation clear.

Jan 6, 2013
THE PARABLE OF THE GOOD AND EVIL FIGS

Jeremiah 24:1 (KJV) The LORD shewed me, and, behold, two baskets of figs were set before the temple of the LORD, after that Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and the princes of Judah, with the carpenters and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon.

Jeremiah 24:2 (KJV) One basket had very good figs, even like the figs that are first ripe: and the other basket have very naughty figs, which could not be eaten, they were so bad.

Jeremiah 24:3 (KJV) Then said the LORD unto me, What seest thou, Jeremiah? And I said, Figs; the good figs, very good; and the evil, very evil, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil.

Jeremiah 24:4 (KJV) Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying.

Jeremiah 24:5 (KJV) Thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good.

Jeremiah 24:6 (KJV) For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down: and I will plant them, and not pluck them up.

Jeremiah 24:7 (KJV) And I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Jeremiah 24:8 (KJV) And as the evil figs, which cannot be eaten, they are so evil; surely thus saith the LORD, So will I give Zedekiah the king of Judah, and his princes, and the residue of Jerusalem, that remain in this land, and them that dwell in the land of Egypt:

Jeremiah 24:9 (KJV) And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.

Jeremiah 24:10 (KJV) And I will send the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, among them, till they be consumed from off the land that I gave unto them and to their fathers.

THE HOLOCAUST

The Holocaust (from the Greek ὁλόκαυστος holókaustos: hólos, "whole" and kaustós, "burnt") also known as the Shoah (Hebrew: השואה, HaShoah, "catastrophe"; Yiddish: חורבן, Churben or Hurban, from the Hebrew for "destruction"), was the mass murder or genocide of approximately six million Jews during World War II, a programme of systematic state-sponsored murder by Nazi Germany, led by Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party, throughout German-occupied territory. Of the nine million Jews who had resided in Europe before the Holocaust, approximately two-thirds were killed. Over one million Jewish children were killed in the Holocaust, as were approximately two million Jewish women and three million Jewish men.

CREATION OF ISRAEL, 1948 (Regeneration of the Fig Tree)

On May 14, 1948, David Ben-Gurion, the head of the Jewish Agency, proclaimed the establishment of the State of Israel. U.S. President Harry S. Truman recognized the new nation on the same day.

PARABLE OF THE FIG TREE

Matthew 24:32 (KJV) Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh;

Matthew 24:33 (KJV) So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Matthew 24:34 (KJV) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Matthew 24:35 (KJV) Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matthew 24:36 (KJV) But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Matthew 24:37 (KJV) But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

ISRAEL (Represented as the Fig Tree)

Hosea 9:10 (KJV) I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness; I saw your fathers as the firstripe in the fig tree at her first time: but they went to Baalpeor, and separated themselves unto that shame; and their abominations were according as they loved.

SALVATION (The continuation of the fig tree)

Zechariah 3:8 (KJV) Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.

Zechariah 3:9 (KJV) For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

Zechariah 3:10 (KJV) In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.

A GENERATION

Genesis 6:3 (KJV) And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Living within the generation of the Fig tree for 64 years as of May 14, 2012

PATIENCE (Global Security for Repentance)

II Peter 3:7 (KJV) But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

II Peter 3:9 (KJV) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

LOVE BY FAITH, FAITH BY WORKS

Son of The Living God

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Foreigner said:
Excellent points, Veteran.
Simple, to the point, and irrefutable.
Pretty simple, indeed. Preterism is a bucket with a lot of holes.

Jan 6, 2013
THE DECEPTION (Antichrist and his false prophets)

Daniel 8:23 (KJV) And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

Daniel 8:24 (KJV) And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

Daniel 8:25 (KJV) And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

II Thessalonians 2:1 (KJV) Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

II Thessalonians 2:2 (KJV) That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

II Thessalonians 2:3 (KJV) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

John 17:12 (KJV) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

II Thessalonians 2:4 (KJV) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

DEATH (The Devil)

Revelation 6:8 (KJV) And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over a fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Hebrews 2:14 (KJV) Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Revelation 12:9 (KJV) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

I Corinthians 15:26 (KJV) The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Revelation 20:14 (KJV) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.

ANTICHRIST (Pretends to be Jesus Christ)

II Corinthians 11:13 (KJV) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

II Corinthians 11:14 (KJV) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

II Corinthians 11:15 (KJV) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Revelation 13:11 (KJV) And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Revelation 13:12 (KJV) And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Revelation 13:13 (KJV) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Revelation 13:14 (KJV) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 13:15 (KJV) And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

THOSE KILLED

Matthew 24:10 (KJV) And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Matthew 24:12 (KJV) And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Mark 13:12 (KJV) Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

Luke 21:16 (KJV) And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

Luke 21:17 (KJV) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake.

John 16:2 (KJV) They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

John 16:3 (KJV) And these things will they do unto you because they have not known the Father, nor me.

THE WARNING

Matthew 24:4 (KJV) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Matthew 24:5 (KJV) For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:21 (KJV) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Matthew 24:22 (KJV) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

Matthew 24:23(KJV) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

Matthew 24:24 (KJV) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Matthew 24:25 (KJV) Behold, I have told you before.

Matthew 24:26 (KJV) Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

IN CAPTIVITY

Matthew 24:9 (KJV) Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.

Mark 13:9 (KJV) But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.

Mark 13:11 (KJV) But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Luke 21:12 (KJV) But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name’s sake.

Luke 21:13 (KJV) And it shall turn to you for a testimony.

Luke 21:14 (KJV) Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:

Luke 21:15 (KJV) For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

MARTYR’S FOR CHRIST

Matthew 10:28 (KJV) And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 16:24 (KJV) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25 (KJV) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:26 (KJV) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Matthew 16:27 (KJV) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Mark 12:29 (KJV) And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:30 (KJV) And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Mark 12:31 (KJV) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Romans 8:35 (KJV) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Romans 8:36 (KJV) As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Romans 8:37 (KJV) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Romans 8:38 (KJV) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Romans 8:39 (KJV) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Revelation 6:9 (KJV) And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Revelation 6:10 (KJV) And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Revelation 6:11 (KJV) And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Revelation 14:12 (KJV) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 14:13 (KJV) And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

John 10:3 (KJV) To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.​
John 10:4 (KJV) And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.​
John 10:5 (KJV) And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.​

Love by faith, faith by works

Son of The Living God

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
Rocky Wiley said:

Eph 3: 21 says the powere will be in the Church throughout, ALL ages, World without end.
We God is still doing powerful healings and miracles in the Church today,
I know He is doing healings and miracles in my Church.

So how could have the world ended.

The end times starts with the rapture of the Church, Then the ant-christ comes, Then Jesus comes to cast the devil into the bottomless pit, The Jesus rules with His Church for a thousand years, The the great judgmen day, The the end of the world as we know it, As a new heaven and earth comes down.

So the world won't end for at least 1.700 years.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Son of The Living God said:
THE DECEPTION (Antichrist and his false prophets)

Daniel 8:23 (KJV) And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

Daniel 8:24 (KJV) And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

Daniel 8:25 (KJV) And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

II Thessalonians 2:1 (KJV) Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

II Thessalonians 2:2 (KJV) That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

II Thessalonians 2:3 (KJV) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

John 17:12 (KJV) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

II Thessalonians 2:4 (KJV) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

DEATH (The Devil)

Revelation 6:8 (KJV) And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over a fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Hebrews 2:14 (KJV) Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Revelation 12:9 (KJV) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

I Corinthians 15:26 (KJV) The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Revelation 20:14 (KJV) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.

ANTICHRIST (Pretends to be Jesus Christ)

II Corinthians 11:13 (KJV) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

II Corinthians 11:14 (KJV) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

II Corinthians 11:15 (KJV) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Revelation 13:11 (KJV) And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Revelation 13:12 (KJV) And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Revelation 13:13 (KJV) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Revelation 13:14 (KJV) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 13:15 (KJV) And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

THOSE KILLED

Matthew 24:10 (KJV) And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Matthew 24:12 (KJV) And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Mark 13:12 (KJV) Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

Luke 21:16 (KJV) And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

Luke 21:17 (KJV) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake.

John 16:2 (KJV) They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

John 16:3 (KJV) And these things will they do unto you because they have not known the Father, nor me.

THE WARNING

Matthew 24:4 (KJV) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Matthew 24:5 (KJV) For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:21 (KJV) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Matthew 24:22 (KJV) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

Matthew 24:23(KJV) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

Matthew 24:24 (KJV) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Matthew 24:25 (KJV) Behold, I have told you before.

Matthew 24:26 (KJV) Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

IN CAPTIVITY

Matthew 24:9 (KJV) Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.

Mark 13:9 (KJV) But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.

Mark 13:11 (KJV) But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Luke 21:12 (KJV) But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name’s sake.

Luke 21:13 (KJV) And it shall turn to you for a testimony.

Luke 21:14 (KJV) Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:

Luke 21:15 (KJV) For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

MARTYR’S FOR CHRIST

Matthew 10:28 (KJV) And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 16:24 (KJV) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25 (KJV) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:26 (KJV) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Matthew 16:27 (KJV) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Mark 12:29 (KJV) And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:30 (KJV) And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Mark 12:31 (KJV) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Romans 8:35 (KJV) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Romans 8:36 (KJV) As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Romans 8:37 (KJV) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Romans 8:38 (KJV) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Romans 8:39 (KJV) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Revelation 6:9 (KJV) And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Revelation 6:10 (KJV) And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Revelation 6:11 (KJV) And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Revelation 14:12 (KJV) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 14:13 (KJV) And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

John 10:3 (KJV) To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.​
John 10:4 (KJV) And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.​
John 10:5 (KJV) And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.​

Love by faith, faith by works

Son of The Living God
Lovely!

Rocky Wiley said:
Hello Veteran,

There are other historians that date the time of the writting earlier. We also know that the temple was important to the disciples and yet in the book of Revelation nothing was said about it being destroyed. As a matter of fact:
You're really just contradicting yourself, because when you push the Church Ages stuff linked with Christ's Messages to the seven Churches in Asia of Rev.2 & 3, you are admitting Revelation is TO Christ's Church still today. Since the signs given in Rev.6 directly parallel the signs Christ gave in Matt.24 & Mark 13, your view from men is a contradiction.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
BiggAndyy said:
You mean The Battle of Masada in AD 74.
I understand that the battle of Masada came after the destruction of the temple.
On the 10th of August, in A.D. 70 -- the 9th of Av -- in Jewish reckoning, the very day when the King of Babylon burned the Temple in 586 B.C., the Temple was burned again. Titus took the city and put it to the torch, burning the Temple.

Flavius Josephus, a Jewish historian, wrote a book about the seige and destruction of the temple called 'The Jewish War'. It is available free to read on-line or download at; http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2850

Reading the book will bring understanding about 'the end of the age' that came to the Jewish people.

veteran said:
Lovely!

You're really just contradicting yourself, because when you push the Church Ages stuff linked with Christ's Messages to the seven Churches in Asia of Rev.2 & 3, you are admitting Revelation is TO Christ's Church still today. Since the signs given in Rev.6 directly parallel the signs Christ gave in Matt.24 & Mark 13, your view from men is a contradiction.
Hi veteran,

It would sure help me if you could explain how the signs given in Rev 6 parallel the signs Christ gave in Mat 24 amd Mark 13 are speaking of things that were not going to happen in the disciples generation.

Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

As I have pointed out earlier: the pronoun 'this' shows something near ,while 'that' shows something far off
In other words it can be said that the word ‘this’ is used to indicate something within the range of one’s sight, whereas the word ‘that’ on the other hand is used to indicate something not within the range of one’s sight.

Read more: http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-this-and-that-in-english-grammar/#ixzz2HbM8CQDo

Think spiritually, God's kingdom is a spiritual kingdom.

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
It would sure help me if you could explain how the signs given in Rev 6 parallel the signs Christ gave in Mat 24 amd Mark 13 are speaking of things that were not going to happen in the disciples generation.

Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

As I have pointed out earlier: the pronoun 'this' shows something near ,while 'that' shows something far off
In other words it can be said that the word ‘this’ is used to indicate something within the range of one’s sight, whereas the word ‘that’ on the other hand is used to indicate something not within the range of one’s sight.

Read more: http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-this-and-that-in-english-grammar/#ixzz2HbM8CQDo

1st off...

1st Seal: Religious Deception...

Rev 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Christ is never pictured with a bow, He is pictured with the sword...

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

2nd Seal: War...

Rev 6:3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
Rev 6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Notice here that Christ says that these early signs are not the end?

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

3rd Seal: Famine...

Rev 6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
Rev 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

4th Seal: Widespread Death from a variety of causes...

Rev 6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

5th Seal: Religious Persecution...

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

6th Seal: The Heavenly Signs...

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

As for this generation...

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

This was not possible until the early to mid 1950's when the stockpile of weaponry (nuclear, biological and/or chemical) reached the point that all life could be erased. Notice this does not say all flesh in Judea, it says ALL FLESH. It means that the earth would become sterile. This generation is the generation when ALL these conditions become extant. Was that possible in 70AD?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Rocky Wiley said:
Hi veteran,

If you're not already in your 90's, just wait a while longer, and if you're not deceived like I think you will be, you might begin wonder about that parallel more. If I'm still around, you can ask me then.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
veteran said:
If you're not already in your 90's, just wait a while longer, and if you're not deceived like I think you will be, you might begin wonder about that parallel more. If I'm still around, you can ask me then.
Hi Vet,

I'm getting close to that age, but awhile back I was deceived, not now. I had to ask myself these questions.

1, Was any of the Old Testament written to the Gentiles?

2. Did Jesus come to the Gentiles as their Messiah?

3. Are any of the epistles addressed to a church/Christian today?

4. Were the seven churches of Asia, that the book of Revelation was written to, actually the churches of today?

5. Does Jesus say 'My kingdom is of this world'?

6. Was Jesus in error when he told his disciples "there be some standing here that shall not taste death, tell they see the son of man coming in his kingdom".

If your answer to any of the above is 'yes', then show me scripture and not just an opinion. You won't be able to, because everyone of these can be answered 'no' and proven by scripture, and the bible is not opinion but truth.