The Enemy Not Acknowledged Enough ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

musicworld

Apr 1, 2009
Canary Islands Tenerife
Hi

With regard to church services and bible studies would anyone agree that the enemy is not talked about enough. Dont get me wrong i know GODs word is sovereign and through Jesus GOD can not be praised enough for what he has done for us, Amen. But it seems so common that each time i attend church or go to a bible study the whole focus is based on being good, repent, don't sin, persevere, be humble, love your neighbour, and the enemy is realy mentiond. This is all correct in accordance with GODs will and as a christian i stand by it, Aman. But i beleive there should be a balance in the teaching of scripture,

My point is (to win a war a good soldier must know his enemy)
People all over the world are confused sad and in pain because of wrong decisions and choices they make simply because they are not aware of the schemes and tactics of how Satan and evil spirits work around them. I'm just saying if the enemy was acknowledged more it would enable people to be more aware of the ruler of this kingdom and the spiritual war we are all involved in.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
A church that is doing it right is concerned with equipping its people with the Christian's tactics of spiritual warfare, not ignoring the enemy, but teaching who and what the enemy is and how he operates. Without that knowledge, one really has no real opportunity for genuine victory. I praise God that these churches exist and one of them is mine. We are taught who we are in Christ, what we are up against as King's kids, and how to be overcomers in Christ.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If, on the other hand you consider that often we/I are our own enemy, then the enemy is talked of too much.
Sure, satan needs to be exposed for who he is; but I think what should be emphasized more than it is, is Christ and Him crucified for the christian.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
With regard to church services and bible studies would anyone agree that the enemy is not talked about enough. Dont get me wrong i know GODs word is sovereign and through Jesus GOD can not be praised enough for what he has done for us, Amen. But it seems so common that each time i attend church or go to a bible study the whole focus is based on being good, repent, don't sin, persevere, be humble, love your neighbour, and the enemy is realy mentiond. This is all correct in accordance with GODs will and as a christian i stand by it, Aman. But i beleive there should be a balance in the teaching of scripture,

My point is (to win a war a good soldier must know his enemy)
People all over the world are confused sad and in pain because of wrong decisions and choices they make simply because they are not aware of the schemes and tactics of how Satan and evil spirits work around them. I'm just saying if the enemy was acknowledged more it would enable people to be more aware of the ruler of this kingdom and the spiritual war we are all involved in.

Hi musicworld!
Every time we speak to friends or family about Jesus...we step onto the enemies ground. Every time we pray for others or help a neighbor or are spreading the word of God. We are engaging the enemy of the cross. In a "Church service", the main focus is going to be on equipping ourselves for the work of the ministry for edifying of the body of Christ. This is usually centered around growing and maturing in the Lord so that all members can individually share in the effective work that each one does in their sphere of influence, which causes the body to grow and be blessed. Those in positions of authority [eg: Pastor] will be careful not to put too much emphasis on the enemy in the service itself because of the various levels of growth and maturity of individual members. Most Churches however, usually have other ministries that are functioning within the Church for example: Prayer teams, outreaches, bible study, home groups, evangelism teams, counseling and deliverance, healing ministries, missions, music outreaches etc: these are usually the areas that are more focused on equipping the saints who are engaging in Spiritual Warfare. Knowing the enemy is very important when children of God are being used to lead people to Christ because when they do so...they must understand, that they are stepping onto the enemies long held territory and believers must know how to stand their ground during battle...in the name and in the authority of Jesus Christ our redeemer and our Mighty Warrior!...and it is a battle...a battle over someones life according to the will of God and his amazing Grace!

Blessings!!!

Reactions: Angelina

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
What does it mean to be an enemy of Christ? It is to not believe that His cross paid for the sins of mankind.

The churches, today, preach the gospel of good works and very little about belief, faith, trust and confidence is what Jesus did for us on the cross.

It is good works that people have placed their faith in.

I am not against good works but they will not pay for a person's sins. To give head knowledge that Jesus' shed blood pays for sins is not being totally confident that your sins are paid for "in Christ." ---- Jesus shed His blood on a cross to pay for your sins. Do you realy believe it?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is not Jesus' death that saves us...but His life. The devil doesn't want people to know this.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
It is not Jesus' death that saves us...but His life. The devil doesn't want people to know this.

Sorry but you are wrong. It is the shed blood of Jesus on the cross that has paid for all the sins of mankind. But only those that believe it are saved.-- The scriptures teach that without the sheding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin. You don't seem to teach this fact.

Proof that Jesus' shed blood pays for all the sins of mankind was seen in the fact the God raised Him up and placed Him on His right hand until His enemies are made His footstool.

All you seem to do is teach the perfection of man BY MAN'S efforts and that will not get a person into heaven. You say nothing about the work that Jesus did on the cross to buy your freedom from the penalty of sin; to justify a person before God.

What the devil wants is for mankind to become religious and lost and this seems to be your message.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry but you are wrong. It is the shed blood of Jesus on the cross that has paid for all the sins of mankind. But only those that believe it are saved.-- The scriptures teach that without the sheding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin. You don't seem to teach this fact.

Proof that Jesus' shed blood pays for all the sins of mankind was seen in the fact the God raised Him up and placed Him on His right hand until His enemies are made His footstool.

All you seem to do is teach the perfection of man BY MAN'S efforts and that will not get a person into heaven. You say nothing about the work that Jesus did on the cross to buy your freedom from the penalty of sin; to justify a person before God.

What the devil wants is for mankind to become religious and lost and this seems to be your message.

People are not saved by believing in what Jesus did. That is false. We are saved by abiding in Christ and bearing fruit...or else we are burned.

We are to belive INTO Christ. That is the truth. The devils believe in Jesus....but this does not save them any more than we do unless we believe into the abiding place of Christ.

musicworld

Apr 1, 2009
Canary Islands Tenerife
An example to make is that because the church almost becomes silent on the topic of spiritual warfare that i did some personal research on demonology. This really made me see thorugh the lens of what is happning in the spiritual realm of evil and gave me forsight not only to understand but to be aware of how evil spirits (satan) can take you captive. It's because of this time out to study the enemy that I'm now more aware of how they operate.

I really wish the church was more fundamental and definitive on this topic instead of casual scriptural verses.

Remember the devil does not tempt at random, he tempts as part of a comprehensive strategy to constantly have a hold on you.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Gentlemen...please stick to the OP

Thank you... :)

The OP is about acknowledging who the enemy is. Discussing how he works is a part of knowing who he is. Since the devil got mankind to crucify the Son of God he thought he had won. The the Gentiles would never be saved by the Jews and sins would remain because no one would ever belive Jesus' shed blood pays for the sins of mankind.

But God had a hidden plan of salvation and He (JESUS) gave that plan to Saul (Paul) to preach to the Gentiles. That gospel was of God's grace to all that would believe in His Son's work on the cross; His shed blood as the payment for all sins..

So how can the devil get around this fact? He wants people to think salvation is by the good works of man at trying to be good. In other words, to be religious and lost. ---- good works will not pay for a person's sins of the flesh. Only the shed blood of Jesus pays for sins.

But the devil does not want mankind to believe this and be saved. That is why most do not preach salvation by the shed blood of Jesus on these forums. They do not believe Jesus has given them a free gift. If a person does not believe it then it doesn't pay for their sins.

Romans 3:21-26
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
NKJV

Romans 5:8-9
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
NKJV

Ephesians 1:6-9
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
NKJV

Colossians 1:13-14
13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
NKJV

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
An example to make is that because the church almost becomes silent on the topic of spiritual warfare that i did some personal research on demonology. This really made me see thorugh the lens of what is happning in the spiritual realm of evil and gave me forsight not only to understand but to be aware of how evil spirits (satan) can take you captive. It's because of this time out to study the enemy that I'm now more aware of how they operate.

I really wish the church was more fundamental and definitive on this topic instead of casual scriptural verses.

Remember the devil does not tempt at random, he tempts as part of a comprehensive strategy to constantly have a hold on you.
The

the god of this world rules through worldly systems. I think that believers are so caught up in their own poor performance so as to miss the bigger picture of being caught in the web of the religious system. We don't hear too much about that strategy....because it is working.