The Eternal Security Heresy: A Comprehensive Refutation of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Sola Fide is at odds with the teachings of Jesus .. hence why the majority of Christianity rejects this doctrine.
Further .. I have stated previously that this may not show that Paul was on conflict with the teachings of Jesus but a misinterpretation of Gods word by folks such as yourself.

Paul himself conflicts with Sola Fide.

What does this have to do with Paul supposedly being tutored in the desert for 3 years .. or did you forget what we were discussing ?

Why does Paul know almost nothing of the words of Jesus .. why does not regularly say .. Jesus said this .. Jesus said that .. if he was tutored for 3 years..

Or do you think that Paul was just a terrible student ?
the old argument from silence fallacy...............................next

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The majority of Christianity does not believe that every word in Scripture is the Literal word of God - and for good reason :)

I view the teachings of Jesus as inspired .. the teachings of those which conflict with the teachings of Jesus .. not so much.

How about you ?
It's either all the word of God or it's not. If it's not, why take any of it seriously? If you get to just pick and choose, you can make up any doctrine.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's either all the word of God or it's not. If it's not, why take any of it seriously? If you get to just pick and choose, you can make up any doctrine.

God doesn't speak every word of Scripture.
God Inspired men to write and Approved their writings.

MADE up Doctrines? Ugh,
...there are Umpteen Doctrines OUTSIDE of Scripture!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3.16).

Reactions: Taken

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of these deeds are summed up in Jesus saying love your neighbor. But no one does that perfectly. I know. I've been to " holiness" churches a lot.
Christianity is a holiness movement. But I know you mean a "holiness" church in the bad way that the Pentecostals have made Christianity.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been stumping for sola fide

Without Faith...there is not one iota a man can DO to Please or Glorify God.

"Saved Once and Forever- by Gods Power- Expressly Sufficient for me"

Me too!

Then when corrected via my posting of the teachings of Jesus .. you state "my position has not changed"

So disingenuous and full of deception you are.

LOL - you have not corrected me, or proved your accusations against me, or persuaded me to change my position.
No that is not me being disingenuous...
That is me not falling for YOUR MindFull conclusions, regarding a Spiritual Subject.

Instead of worrying about what everyone believes...

Why not tell us what you Should know...
About you??

Like HOW MANY TIMES YOU HAVE been Saved, and WHY The Lords Salvation Repeatedly Failed to Save you...

Hummm?

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
where are teachings of Paul at odds with teachings of Jesus

That we should submit and view vicious dictators as subjugating us under the authority of God ... such that we should not rebel .. and be passive sheep of Jesus .. because these are ordained servants of the Lord ..

but hey .. you are welcome to have this vision of Jesus .. give to Caesar what is Caesar's right ?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That we should submit and view vicious dictators as subjugating us under the authority of God ... such that we should not rebel .. and be passive sheep of Jesus .. because these are ordained servants of the Lord ..

but hey .. you are welcome to have this vision of Jesus .. give to Caesar what is Caesar's right ?

You have a Very twisted mindset.

I ask you to show an example of Paul being as ODDS with Jesus (as you claimed)

And your response is submitting to dictators, and imply that is my vision of Jesus...

Weird!

Reactions: ChristisGod

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

NO .. it is not black and white as you say ... Not at all .. I can prove that not all Scripture is God Breathed .. and not simply on the basis that some global flood killing all Land Creatures sans Noah and kin didn't happen round 2100-2300 BC .. but simply on the basis that if we compare Two Bible versions of the same passage .. say and Older Bible such as the LXX Septuagint - and a modern Translation - they will say something completely different.

We are then tasked with the uncomfortable .. "Which is the Word of God ?"

Much of the Bible is narrative and not even meant to be the word of God .. .. David sent so many troops out .. read Maccaabes sometime - Straight up history .. Ptolomy married Cleopatra .. Xerxes of Persia .. and so on .. narrating real historical events that happened.

The NT - good grief .. whole books were thrown out of the original .. Shepherd of Hermes .. Epistle of Barnabus -- are these no longer the word of God ?

Martin Luther claimed that James should not be part of canon because it disagreed with his sola fide perspective.

The hands of men are all over the Bible ..which is part of the reason no self respecting theologian accepts literalism - and for a host of other reasons .. some of the bible was meant as allegory .. a story that is supposed to convey a message .. the underlying story not necessarily being true..

Say for example in the distant past .. in Genesis times .... someone penned a few details about the common creation narrative that everyone held... Was not just the Israelites that had a flood story in their past .. was everyone .. every culture had the same narrative .. and in the near east .. All recognized the God of Abraham as the Most High .. although they - including the Israelites - also believed in other Gods.

So the roots of the Genesis story go way way back .. so supposed someone penning the story was writing in allegory .. a story that had some basis in fact .. but was really trying to send a message about God .. and the people of the day all realized this .. or they just may have believed that the flood was Global . When the black sea was formed .. that could have flooded a huge region in the near east .. way bigger than the black sea itself .. as it was a geological dam breaking .. after 1000s of years of sea level rising due to ice melt.

but -- I have digressed too far. The God of Abraham was El -- and this was the Most High to the entire Near Easth .. The Father - The Creator - the one who sent the Flood .. the one who dwells in the Mountain ..
They all knew .. and believed the same story.

So there was a massive flood .. one which wiped out allcivilization as these people knew it... We folks in China affected .. well.. Yes .. but in different ways at different times .. rising sea levels over 7000 years affect different areas different ways .. But folks living round 5000 BC when this event actually happened (as opposed to the Bible account which is round 2200BC if taken literally) - didn't know the Chinese people existed... the whole world was destroyed sfar as they could tell .. No many folks with big boats that they could fit some livestock onto either..

Do I have to believe that God teleported 2 Spectacled bears from South Africa - Polar Bears from the Arctic - Kangaroos from Australia to believe my version of the story ... Nope .. but you do.. You also have to believe that either God or Satan came after the fact and planted all the geological, archaeological, and historical "Proof" - to the contrary - unless one is able to completely throw out any semblance of logic and reason .. in which case - God still becomes the author of idiocy - which I personally do not believe he is.

but now to the scripture promised. Open your Bible to Deut 32:43 and tell me what it says.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have a Very twisted mindset.

I ask you to show an example of Paul being as ODDS with Jesus (as you claimed)

And your response is submitting to dictators, and imply that is my vision of Jesus...

Weird!

That is what Paul says ... not my problem you don't know scripture. Paul said we should submit to and view vicious dictators as subjugating us under the authority of God ... such that we should not rebel .. and be passive sheep of Jesus .. because these are ordained servants of the Lord .

You claimed that Jesus and Paul did not conflict with each other in any way .. so .. this means you believe that Jesus held the same view as Paul.

So this is not something I am implying .. This is YOUR Stated belief - unless you want to claim that this particular utterance from Paul was perhaps "uninspired" ? - such that Jesus shares no part of it.

Bottom line .. Paul and Jesus are at odds - and that is a scriptural fact - despite your desperate desire to claim otherwise .. and then deny your own claim .. as you just did above. .. in some twisted circular dance of the literalist.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says...Paul said... .
You claimed,
Bottom line .. Paul and Jesus are at odds - and that is a scriptural fact -

Pathetic!
Not one shred of evidence to support your ridiculous claims.

WOT

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You claimed,
Bottom line .. Paul and Jesus are at odds - and that is a scriptural fact -

Pathetic!
Not one shred of evidence to support your ridiculous claims.

WOT

As I said .. don't blame your lack if knowledge of Paul on me .. in a desperate attempt to evade and avoid the Truth while pretending to now know Romans 13 :) Such a deceptive tactic ..

Romans 13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves ..... 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good....They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

So yes .. That we should submit and view vicious dictators as subjugating us under the authority of God ... such that we should not rebel .. and be passive sheep of Jesus .. because these are ordained servants of the Lord ..

You claim that this is the perspective of Jesus .. I beg to differ ..

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO .. it is not black and white as you say ... Not at all .. I can prove that not all Scripture is God Breathed .. and not simply on the basis that some global flood killing all Land Creatures sans Noah and kin didn't happen round 2100-2300 BC .. but simply on the basis that if we compare Two Bible versions of the same passage .. say and Older Bible such as the LXX Septuagint - and a modern Translation - they will say something completely different.

We are then tasked with the uncomfortable .. "Which is the Word of God ?"

Much of the Bible is narrative and not even meant to be the word of God .. .. David sent so many troops out .. read Maccaabes sometime - Straight up history .. Ptolomy married Cleopatra .. Xerxes of Persia .. and so on .. narrating real historical events that happened.

The NT - good grief .. whole books were thrown out of the original .. Shepherd of Hermes .. Epistle of Barnabus -- are these no longer the word of God ?

Martin Luther claimed that James should not be part of canon because it disagreed with his sola fide perspective.

The hands of men are all over the Bible ..which is part of the reason no self respecting theologian accepts literalism - and for a host of other reasons .. some of the bible was meant as allegory .. a story that is supposed to convey a message .. the underlying story not necessarily being true..

Say for example in the distant past .. in Genesis times .... someone penned a few details about the common creation narrative that everyone held... Was not just the Israelites that had a flood story in their past .. was everyone .. every culture had the same narrative .. and in the near east .. All recognized the God of Abraham as the Most High .. although they - including the Israelites - also believed in other Gods.

So the roots of the Genesis story go way way back .. so supposed someone penning the story was writing in allegory .. a story that had some basis in fact .. but was really trying to send a message about God .. and the people of the day all realized this .. or they just may have believed that the flood was Global . When the black sea was formed .. that could have flooded a huge region in the near east .. way bigger than the black sea itself .. as it was a geological dam breaking .. after 1000s of years of sea level rising due to ice melt.

but -- I have digressed too far. The God of Abraham was El -- and this was the Most High to the entire Near Easth .. The Father - The Creator - the one who sent the Flood .. the one who dwells in the Mountain ..
They all knew .. and believed the same story.

So there was a massive flood .. one which wiped out allcivilization as these people knew it... We folks in China affected .. well.. Yes .. but in different ways at different times .. rising sea levels over 7000 years affect different areas different ways .. But folks living round 5000 BC when this event actually happened (as opposed to the Bible account which is round 2200BC if taken literally) - didn't know the Chinese people existed... the whole world was destroyed sfar as they could tell .. No many folks with big boats that they could fit some livestock onto either..

Do I have to believe that God teleported 2 Spectacled bears from South Africa - Polar Bears from the Arctic - Kangaroos from Australia to believe my version of the story ... Nope .. but you do.. You also have to believe that either God or Satan came after the fact and planted all the geological, archaeological, and historical "Proof" - to the contrary - unless one is able to completely throw out any semblance of logic and reason .. in which case - God still becomes the author of idiocy - which I personally do not believe he is.

but now to the scripture promised. Open your Bible to Deut 32:43 and tell me what it says.
Mt St Helens in 1980 destroys your humanism, atheism, darwinism...............and all your fake dates just like the fake news of today.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As I said... WOT.

LOL .... you wipe out my entire post - because you can't bear the scriptural content - post a blank page .. and on the floor rocking back and forth, mumbling to yourself.

Checkmate I think was the term you were looking for :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Eternal Security Heresy: A Comprehensive Refutation of OSAS.

Saved ONCE...

How many times have y'all been Saved?