The fight against atheism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KingJ said:
I went to a popular bookstore looking for a book on chemistry. I was shocked to see around 30% of the books in the science section were on atheism. The God delusion was sitting next to Einstein :D. So I guess the course of this thread is excusable.
Well played! :)

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
River Jordan said:
Ok....you're going to have to explain to me what you're getting at.
Well, the way I see it is that you are the one who needs to explain what you are getting at. You put forth the argument that "mutations can improve fitness" as though it somehow refuted adaption.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
UppsalaDragby said:
Well, the way I see it is that you are the one who needs to explain what you are getting at. You put forth the argument that "mutations can improve fitness" as though it somehow refuted adaption.
You need to pay closer attention. Forsakenone posted "I doubt any mutation can be proven to be an improvement" and I pointed out that increased fitness due to mutation is a directly observed fact.
StanJ said:
Isn't the OP on Atheism? How did it get to evolution?
To many fundamentalists, evolution = atheism.

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
River Jordan said:
You need to pay closer attention. Forsakenone posted "I doubt any mutation can be proven to be an improvement" and I pointed out that increased fitness due to mutation is a directly observed fact.
And you need to refrain from drawing hasty conclusions!

I never said that I was trying to prove Forsakenone's "doubts". I was just asking YOU a simple question. OK?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
River Jordan said:
To many fundamentalists, evolution = atheism.
Not my experience, but then again I find evolution to be full of holes. I agree that many liberal Christians(not the political ones), accept it much more easily than conservative Christians do.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
StanJ said:
Not my experience, but then again I find evolution to be full of holes.
Then you should publish a paper and become both the most famous scientist, and Christian in history.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
River Jordan said:
Then you should publish a paper and become both the most famous scientist, and Christian in history.
What does it profit a man? I don't need to prove anything I just need to have faith that what God's word says is true and anything that takes away from it is a lie. I can deal with specifics but it usually is not beneficial.

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
River Jordan said:
And I never said you were. :blink:
Then why did you clain that I needed to pay closer attention? :blink:
River Jordan said:
As simple as that is it? How utterly naive..

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
I think you mean he must take his number. The holes are so big that evolutionist and scientist are fast becoming mutually exclusive.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
StanJ said:
What does it profit a man? I don't need to prove anything I just need to have faith that what God's word says is true and anything that takes away from it is a lie. I can deal with specifics but it usually is not beneficial.
I understand.
UppsalaDragby said:
Then why did you clain that I needed to pay closer attention?
Because you apparently weren't paying attention to the discussion you injected yourself into.
KingJ said:
The holes are so big that evolutionist and scientist are fast becoming mutually exclusive.
Really? Any actual....you know....data to back that up?

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
pom2014 said:
Holes in evolution?

What are the holes?
What aren't the holes?
River Jordan said:
Really? Any actual....you know....data to back that up?
I want nothing more then to help fellow Christians see the light on evolution.

But there is sadly a But with you River.

Just consider our last discussion. It seemed you based your entire 'Christianity / evolution is mutually inclusive' on Gen 2:7 being the time God gave us spirits. You stuck to your opinion / formulated belief instead of reading it honestly for what it clearly says. ''God breathed life into all creatures''.

As long as you think a monkey with big brains is a creation just beneath the angels, you and I cannot discuss as fellow Christians.

If you started the discussion with ''I am sorry I am not a Christian, I am an atheist or I am a Hindu or I am a Muslim'' I would gladly discuss the bible / Christianity (the truth), science and evolution with you!

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
UppsalaDragby said:
So what did I miss?
Sorry, but I have no interest in getting into yet another "I said this" "You said that" exchange with you.
KingJ said:
As long as you think a monkey with big brains is a creation just beneath the angels, you and I cannot discuss as fellow Christians.

If you started the discussion with ''I am sorry I am not a Christian, I am an atheist or I am a Hindu or I am a Muslim'' I would gladly discuss the bible / Christianity (the truth), science and evolution with you!
That's what I thought.

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
River Jordan said:
Sorry, but I have no interest in getting into yet another "I said this" "You said that" exchange with you.
Well I'm sure you don't. No one who makes it a habit of distorting what other people say are interested in taking responsibility for their words. If you had put some thought behind your comments then you would easily be able to point out the error of my ways without shying away from me pointing out how what "I said", is not what you insinuated. Got it???????

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Kingj

If you simply do not want to discuss it then don't. But answering questions with questions is evasion and a form of deception.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
pom2014 said:
Kingj

If you simply do not want to discuss it then don't. But answering questions with questions is evasion and a form of deception.
Well unless you are 100% clueless on the subject.... not seeing its holes points to biasedness, naivety and dishonesty.

Ignoring its opposition to scripture is un-Christian / false teacher.

River Jordan said:
That's what I thought.
My first line you quoted speaks of respecting scripture. Why are you not dealing with the facts of scripture presented?

As for no holes / assuming a sarcastic 4 worded reply alleviates you... I know firsthand that evolution and bashing Christians for not being political correct constitutes 999 of your 1 000 posts here. No holes = 10-20 posts.