The first of the mighty men of old. Original Nephilim

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just throwing this out there for consideration or discussion. I think it fits.

Gen 4

18 And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech.

19 And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.

23 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.

24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think the daughters of men are of the line of Cain?

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the 'mighty men of old' were famous for their violence and strength. Vengeful men willing to murder if wronged.

Their legendary fame became mythic. They are remembered as the Nephilim in the language and symbols that communicate myth.

Reactions: Cassandra

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me either.
There was an excellent thread about this @ a month ago. I can't remember the name of it, though.
I forgot to mention that introducing Lamech as the origin of the Nephilim is new. I think.:)

Reactions: Cassandra