The Truth about the Nfaliym (or Nephaliym)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, everyone.

I haven't been here for a while, but I came back to this WEIRD story of "Nephaliym in Miami."
Here's the truth about the word:

The word found in Genesis 6:4 is this Hebrew word: הַנְּפִלִים. It's pronounced "han-feel-eem'." It's the plural word of נָפִיל, pronounced "naw-feel'".
The word means, ...

(Strong's Concordance)
5303 Nephilim plural of נְפִיל n-fiyl (neh-feel'). Or nphil {nef-eel'}; from naphal; properly, a feller, i.e. A bully or tyrant:
-- giant.

5307 naafal (naphal) נָפַל (naw-fal'). A primitive root; to fall, in a great variety of applications (intransitive or causative, literal or figurative):
-- be accepted, cast (down, self, (lots), out), cease, die, divide (by lot), (let) fail, (cause to, let, make, ready to) fall (away, down, -en, -ing), fell(-ing), fugitive, have (inheritance), inferior, be judged (by mistake for palal), lay (along), (cause to) lie down, light (down), be (X hast) lost, lying, overthrow, overwhelm, perish, present(-ed, -ing), (make to) rot, slay, smite out, X surely, throw down.

The term doesn't refer to a people or a tribe of people; it's a term that refers to an OCCUPATION! A "feller" is one who "fells" trees! He's a WOOD-CUTTER or a LUMBERJACK!

It's just a term that means a "chopper of wood," and such a person is naturally going to be stronger, and often and preferably bigger than other men. So, if he is a "bully" or a "tyrant," that is incidental to the term. This is why they could be killed off from the Flood, and still appear in Numbers 13:33

Numbers 13:33 (KJV)
33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

These were MEN who were bigger and stronger than most! They were the "Hell's Angels" gang of the times of the children of Israel's trek across the Arabah desert south of the Land.

In Genesis 6:4, as well, they were the bigger-than-usual, stronger-than-usual bullies of the antediluvian world. This is why we read,

Genesis 6:1-8 (KJV)
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took (by force) them wives of all which they chose. 3 And the LORD said,

"My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also [is] flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years."

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown. 5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7 And the LORD said,

"I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them!"

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

He didn't destroy them because they were the product of "fallen angels"; He destroyed them because they were ENSLAVING one another! He destroyed them because they were treating others like DIRT! Some were called "sons of God" and others were simply called "men" because of a different reason:

Qayin's ("Cain's") family, whose city was called "Chanokh" ("Enoch") after his son, all were banished to live UNDERGROUND! LITERALLY! Thus, they were "mere men" while those who were allowed to live on the surface of the earth, under the face of God, CALLED THEMSELVES, "sons of God!" The children of Lamekh ("Lamach") were the first to emerge after several generations because he had killed a man in self-defense and was afraid of retribution. One of his sons was the first to "live in tents" as a Bedouin herdsman!

It helps to read it in Hebrew!