The First Resurrection In Revelation 20:5-6, Is Reformed Preterist Eschatology Correct In Its Interpretation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Troublemaker?

Of course I'm going to expose your false Pro-Zionist teachings, get use to it

When the last person receives salvation upon earth and added to the Church, then "All Israel Will Be Saved"

Jesus Is The Lord
I will never get used to a trouble-maker, a Christian posing as one who has God's love. You lost that some time ago--not sure when?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will never get used to a trouble-maker, a Christian posing as one who has God's love. You lost that some time ago--not sure when?
Jesus really loved those Pharisees!

Big Smiles!

Jesus Is The Lord!

Matthew 23:23-33KJV
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus really loved those Pharisees!
But you don't. Neither do you love brothers and sisters in the Lord when you have opportunity to oppose them with your pet doctrines. Instead of just disagreeing with them in a respectful way you insult them--quite the opposite of what Jesus would do.

Reactions: Taken

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you don't. Neither do you love brothers and sisters in the Lord when you have opportunity to oppose them with your pet doctrines. Instead of just disagreeing with them in a respectful way you insult them--quite the opposite of what Jesus would do.
I don't know who you are Randy in your personal life, but one thing I do know is your full of false teachings and doctrine

My bibles teaches to mark and avoid you, let alone call you a brother, the truth

Jesus Is The Lord

Romans 16:17KJV
17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reformed preterist eschatology in its interpretation of "First Resurrection" claims this represents "Jesus Christ" being the "First Resurrected" thousands of years ago?

Scripture clearly teaches when the Non-Literal 1,000 years are "Finished"

LOL…Scripture DOES NOT TEACH “a non-literal” 1,000 years.

You confuse @Truth7t7 opinion and teaching with Scriptural Truth.

Rev 20:
[6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

1 Cor 15:
[25] For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

Must reign….Shall reign….are Literal Facts!
HOW LONG? 1,000 years…is a Literal Fact!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AGREE….Every individual has freewill to Agree and Disagree on ANY matter.

IMPLYING via derogatory accusations against an other IS A validation of ones correctness IS an OLD underhanded Tactic.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know who you are Randy in your personal life, but one thing I do know is your full of false teachings and doctrine

Contradictory.
You do not know Randy, yet you claim he is full of false teachings and doctrine.

Not once has Randy said ANYTHING against the Lord.

Numerous times Randy has ACKNOWLEDGED his agreement WITH the Lord.

My bibles teaches to mark and avoid you, let alone call you a brother, the truth
Jesus Is The Lord

Romans 16:17KJV
17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Interesting, since YOU are the one claiming Scripture (which explicitly says Christ reigns for 1,000 years,) does not mean Christ reigns for 1,000 years….

IRONIC

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL…Scripture DOES NOT TEACH “a non-literal” 1,000 years.

You confuse @Truth7t7 opinion and teaching with Scriptural Truth.

Rev 20:
[6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

1 Cor 15:
[25] For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

Must reign….Shall reign….are Literal Facts!
HOW LONG? 1,000 years…is a Literal Fact!

Revelation 20:1-6 Isnt A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth, Dont Be Deceived​

Can you find the things claimed by those teaching a Literal 1,000 year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth in Revelation 20:1-6 below?

1.) Physical Earthly Kingdom?
2.) Physical Earthly Throne?
3.) Physical Mortal Humans?

The Above Claims (Don't Exist)

Revelation 20:1-6 Is 100% In The Lords (Spiritual) Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ

100% Spiritual Realm, No "Literal" Time

2 Peter 3:8KJV
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Revelation 20:1-6KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you find the things claimed by those teaching a Literal 1,000 year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth in Revelation 20:1-6 below?

The above CLAIMS are expressed IN YOUR Words….

I have no obligation to consider your words.

I have no elementary one liner to satisfy the ignorant.

Knowledge is hearing and reading the Scriptural Text,
Wisdom is understanding in Context.

Rev 20 Expressly teaches a millennial reign of KING Christ Jesus.

Revelations expressly notifies you there are ” “NATIONS and kings” on Earth during KING Christ’s millennial reign.

Do you NOT know, Nations are divided land masses, occupied by MORTAL MEN? And the highest sitting governor of NATIONS is seat by a Mortal man with a TITLE (historically and modernly called a king)?

Do you NOT KNOW God Himself pledged a SPECIFIC Earthly LAND MASS, as an inheritance to Abraham and his Faithful descendants ?

Do you NOT KNOW Jesus IS a lawful Faithful Descendant of Abraham, ENTITLED by LAW and HEIRSHIP to CLAIM Abraham’s Promised LAND….and Occupy that LAND WITH others who are ENTITLED BY LAW and HEIRSHIP?

Do you NOT KNOW, those Entitled to Heirship of Abrahams Promised Land, (WAS first ONLY to faithful Tribesmen….and NOW includes “ANYONE” (tribesman, Jew or Gentile) IN Christ….?

Do you NOT KNOW Land masses UNDER a Governing Authority called A KING, are called KINGDOMS?

Do you NOT KNOW, God ANCIENTLY Established and Seated DAVID on a THRONE IN the city of Jerusalem ?

Do you NOT KNOW, the THRONE God Established (and seated king David), IS A THRONE without end? And everlasting Throne? (2 Sam 7:16)

The Knowledge of Truth is Established and revealed IN Scripture….
Reading and Hearing is one thing.
Studying verses IN Context is Wisdom.
Understanding the Knowledge is Given an individual FROM the Lord God Himself.

You spend your time IN denial, PLAIN express Language and accusations, rather than trying to DISCOVER
The “Significance” and WHY” there IS a millennial reign, WHO occupies NATIONS, and WHO shall occupy Christ’s Kingdom, and WHO are the “kings” KING Christ Jesus shall have Supreme Authority OVER.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Of course, more than one even:

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev_22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Yes, the thousand years is all about them!

Second coming:

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

The verb RULE here is in the future tense so it happens after the events of Armageddon are completed.

After the second coming:

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Even Daniel saw beasts still alive after the destruction of the ten horned beast and beasts are kingdoms full of people! That further proves a thousand years of ruling over people!

Dan 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
Dan 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

The peoples who made up these beasts will live on for a season and a time, and that TIME is the thousand years.

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

And guess what we have here? Christ comes after the ten horned beast is destroyed and he is given a kingdom! That kingdom begins at the start of the thousand years just as Premillennialism teaches. All of this proves Amillennialism to be false.

That's laughable and sad because the claims are scriptural.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev_22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Revelation Chapters 21 & 22 is the (Eternal Kingdom) in the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, basic Christian knowledge 101

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation Chapters 21 & 22 is the (Eternal Kingdom) in the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, basic Christian knowledge 101

Yes, and there is an Earthly throne just as there is before the NHNE.

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.