The Flawed Reasoning Of Total Depravity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Good, or merciful, or just, none of these have any meaning in a context of God Alone the Story-teller, Who alone decided who will and who won't receive His mercy, and the rest He "justly" punishes, Hmm . . . that one, and that one . . . and that one! They deserve it! Well, they all deserve it! They did everything I wanted them to do, and now they must die!

I'm sorry, but that's how this tracks for me.

Much love!
It works like this; God tested Adam under ideal condition as a sample of the pending human race. Adam flunked thereby flunking all of us. So into the garbage incinerator we go. But God in his love took some of the garbage and represented them himself in Christ. Not only paying for their sins on the cross, but treating us as though we are Christ without any sin.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.” (John 3:19–21)

That is non-responsive, did you not have a reply?

Yes, they loved evil. But as many as received Jesus are born again, whosoever . . .

This is why God said, the saving grace of God was manifested to all men . . . we need His grace to believe.

God presents Himself to us, and we can accept or reject His offer.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

That doesn't work.

Someone sets the play in motion.

I steal a candy bar. God get's the glory for that too.

It's just the same.

Much love!
It means God is moving you in a bad direction to possibly teach you something, or worse, to condemn you. But if you are in Christ, it works for your good and you learn from it.

D

Dave L

That is non-responsive, did you not have a reply?

Yes, they loved evil. But as many as received Jesus are born again, whosoever . . .

This is why God said, the saving grace of God was manifested to all men . . . we need His grace to believe.

God presents Himself to us, and we can accept or reject His offer.

Much love!
God's grace to all only leaves them defenseless.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.” (John 3:19–21)
Apparently, you want "the light" to be the "point of conversion" to which the responsive yet unconverted "elect" journey in order to be converted, right?

The "light" is not the "point of conversion", it is "the destination of the converted" - they whose eyes God opened and made the choice to remain seeing and become converted saints instead of their fellow sinners who chose to return to blind darkness.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It works like this; God tested Adam under ideal condition as a sample of the pending human race. Adam flunked thereby flunking all of us. So into the garbage incinerator we go. But God in his love took some of the garbage and represented them himself in Christ. Not only paying for their sins on the cross, but treating us as though we are Christ without any sin.

Here's my idea . . .

God wrote a book, a book of names of all the people He would make, each one designed for love, to love and be loved, each one special, unique, treasured.

Sin entered, and all died, but meanwhile God was making arrangements. As sin was imputed to those who broke His Laws, God removed those names from His book, and not with pleasure.

In Christ, sin is not imputed, and our names are not removed. But God made all because God loves all. But not all love God.

Much love!
Mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's grace to all only leaves them defenseless.
What? Only if they are on the hook to choose.

Otherwise . . . well, it's like saying my plastic soldiers, when I was a kid, were defenseless. And boy were they ever! Talk about lake of fire! They should never have given lighter fluid to my brother and I!

Much love!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lost do not want to

They do not want to be saved. They think it is foolishness unless God opens their heart to hear and believe.
God opens all hearts for that purpose - again, "inequality of outcome" does not demand "inequality of opportunity" unless one is a leftist snowflake racist crybaby.

D

Dave L

God opens all hearts for that purpose - again, "inequality of outcome" does not demand "inequality of opportunity" unless one is a leftist snowflake racist crybaby.
“Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man’s feet, whose name was Saul.” (Acts 7:57–58)

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"Hereby we do know that we know Him, if, we keep His commandments. [None of us however keep his commandments, and therefore…] He that says, I know Him, and keeps not His commandments, is a LIAR and the truth is not in him. [“Yea, let God be true and every man a liar.”] But whoso does keep His word, in HIM verily, is the love of God perfected: whereby we, know that we are in Him…" because verily in none of us “is the love of God perfected”.

D

Dave L

What? Only if they are on the hook to choose.

Otherwise . . . well, it's like saying my plastic soldiers, when I was a kid, were defenseless. And boy were they ever! Talk about lake of fire! They should never have given lighter fluid to my brother and I!

Much love!
The law only condemns. It cannot save.

D

Dave L

Here's my idea . . .

God wrote a book, a book of names of all the people He would make, each one designed for love, to love and be loved, each one special, unique, treasured.

Sin entered, and all died, but meanwhile God was making arrangements. As sin was imputed to those who broke His Laws, God removed those names from His book, and not with pleasure.

In Christ, sin is not imputed, and our names are not removed. But God made all because God loves all. But not all love God.

Much love!
Mark
Paul says all sinned in Adam.

D

Dave L

Apparently, you want "the light" to be the "point of conversion" to which the responsive yet unconverted "elect" journey in order to be converted, right?

The "light" is not the "point of conversion", it is "the destination of the converted" - they whose eyes God opened and made the choice to remain seeing and become converted saints instead of their fellow sinners who chose to return to blind darkness.
People love their sins and hate God unless he does a heart transplant.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
? ok. I'll catch up to your interp there later, gotta run right now.
But really? God did not create evil?

I don't usually decide to talk about a thing like this without reference to bible verses, though I am looser with my references And paraphrases. And I will talk about it with bible verses at some point, but I can't help thinking that we have moved backwards in some atrocious way if, in our zeal to only believe what the bible says, we can read a verse like the one given by dave and say, well there it is, God creates evil, rather than say, this obviously cannot be so, so the problem must be in my understanding.

Its too MUCH zeal, and I never thought I'd hear those words from my own mouth.

This has given me a sick headache. I just want someone to think about this and at least admit that they don't at all like the thought. I want someone to think and see and admit that the very thought of it makes them sick and queasy...

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is ,unfortunately, too many will refuse this free gift of God.
Well those that get the opportunity to hear the gospel only half will become Christians. That’s if you count every group from Catholics Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons. You remove any group you go to under 25% of the worlds population.
What really sad is that 40% of the worlds population will never hear about Jesus as seen in the scriptures. Yea 40 % won’t have the opportunity right off the bat .
Blessings
Bill

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please instead of your unproven assertions, inflammatory non sequitur political remarks, and philosophising provide Scripture that says God opens all hearts, the heart of every single person ever. I can guess which Scripture you'll use that doesn't say nor imply this, but I'll allow you to provide it.

Try sticking with Scripture instead of the above?

Honestly, your remarks in quotations are quite leftist and "snow flake" in essence. They, as well as you, DEMAND all get the same "fairness." You're showing you are a Romans 9:20 person which is leftist snow flake ideology personified.

Last edited: