The Flesh & The Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia

Now you use the word "as". Why are you changing your wording? Before you called him "the serpent".

"What does the serpent (Jesus) being lifted up on a cross and dieing have to do with eternal life?"

Your message is from THE SERPENT himself.

I will make the question even easier.

Does Jesus liken himself to "the" Serpent in the wilderness?

Yes or No.

In no what does is the scripture teaching?

Alethos

Clue: 2 Cor 5:21

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I will make the question even easier.

Does Jesus liken himself to "the" Serpent in the wilderness?

Yes or No.

In no what does is the scripture teaching?

Clue: 2 Cor 5:21
I don't need a clue from someone who calls Jesus "the serpent". On Judgment Day you will wish you never had a keyboard.

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Basically everything is good when it's ruled by God... even our flesh...

Hi Robbie,

How do you view Rom 7:18 in light of your above statement.

Good question Robbie.

Is there anything good about the flesh?

Yes or No

I don't need a clue from someone who calls Jesus "the serpent". On Judgment Day you will wish you never had a keyboard.

Still waiting for your understanding of Num 21:9 & John 3:13-15

Insults dont sway me from truth Ducky you should know that by now...you could stone me and cast me off the forum and these verses will still be here long after you and I enter the grave.

The clue is to guide you to understanding, but you are not willing to open your mind to Jesus Christ and his message.

Alethos

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Insults dont sway me from truth Ducky you should know that by now...you could stone me and cast me off the forum and these verses will still be here long after you and I enter the grave.

The clue is to guide you to understanding, but you are not willing to open your mind to Jesus Christ and his message.
You mean I am not willing to open myself up to your "doctrines of demons".

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
The way I see that is he's basically saying our flesh isn't God... nor should we ever see it as God... and only God is good... in our flesh we'll never understand what's right... the understanding of what's right comes from God alone...

An example would be you're walking through the garden of Eden and the flesh feels hungry... there's nothing wrong with that as long as the feeling of hunger is ruled by the understanding of God... eat from any tree but this one...

Make sense?

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
The way I see that is he's basically saying our flesh isn't God... nor should we ever see it as God... and only God is good... in our flesh we'll never understand what's right... the understanding of what's right comes from God alone...

An example would be you're walking through the garden of Eden and the flesh feels hungry... there's nothing wrong with that as long as the feeling of hunger is ruled by the understanding of God... eat from any tree but this one...

Make sense?

Robbie.

Can you see how there is something wrong with our flesh: Rom 7:18 and Rom 8:1-3, 4-5,6-8,8-10 show us that "in" our flesh is "no" good thing.

I will put it another way.

The flesh is so "useless" that in God's eyes it was only good for nailing to a cross, otherwise if there was any good in it He would have found a way to save flesh. Gal 5:24 speaks to those who likewise "crucify" the lusts of the flesh in the hope of serving God.

You are right though, nothing wrong with feeling hungry? But in the west what do we have as an epidemic? Phil 3:19; Prov 23:20-21; Psa 78:18; Gal 5:16-21; Rom 13:14 and on and on..

This is why there is no good thing in flesh...its lusts need fufilling and we satisfy them everyday whether with God or without Him.

Alethos

You mean I am not willing to open myself up to your "doctrines of demons".

I am still waiting for your explanation of Num 21:9 & John 3:13-15.

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia

My explanation is that you are calling Jesus "the serpent". Any true Christian won't want to hear anything else you have to say.

Everyone reading this post has seen how forcefully opposed to my understanding and is waiting now for yours?

If you don’t know Num 21:9 & John 3:13-15 be honest!

Alethos

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I guess I just don't believe anything that God creates is evil in and of itself but evil happens when His creation rebels against Him since God is good and rebelling against Him is rebelling against good... so I believe it's the absence of God that is evil... so when God is present and rules our flesh even that becomes clean... that's what I believe... like I don't believe when God created Adam and Eve that He made them out of evil... nor do I think their desires became evil until they became their authority overruling what God had said...God should always be our ultimate authority no matter what disagrees with Him...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Everyone reading this post has seen how forcefully opposed to my understanding and is waiting now for yours?

If you don’t know Num 21:9 & John 3:13-15 be honest!
You're a victim of Satan. We were warned. Your message that Jesus is "the serpent" is from Satan. You are his messenger.

1 Timothy 4:1 (NKJV)
[sup]1 [/sup]Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,

Yes I know, you don't believe what God said. Nothing new from you.

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Ducky, your insults are like Eph 6:16 but why dont you inform us of what Num 21:9 & John 3:13-15 means to you?

Why does Jesus liken himself to a brass serpent on a pole in the wilderness?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Ducky, your insults are like Eph 6:16 but why dont you inform us of what Num 21: & John 3:13-15 means to you?

Why does Jesus liken himself to a brass serpent on a pole in the wilderness?
No insults, just facts.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
[sup]44 [/sup]You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do.

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
I guess I just don't believe anything that God creates is evil in and of itself but evil happens when His creation rebels against Him since God is good and rebelling against Him is rebelling against good... so I believe it's the absence of God that is evil... so when God is present and rules our flesh even that becomes clean... that's what I believe... like I don't believe when God created Adam and Eve that He made them out of evil... nor do I think their desires became evil until they became their authority overruling what God had said...God should always be our ultimate authority no matter what disagrees with Him...

If you read about sin and death all will become clear.

Alethos

No insults, just facts.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
[sup]44 [/sup]You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do.

Num 21:9 & John 3:13-15

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Is that your :( interpration of Num 21:9 & John 3:13-15?

How did Jesus destroy the serpent Heb 2:14
If I explained it 500 times you would still be asking for explanation because it doesn't fit your agenda to give Jesus a sinful nature.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Truth,

Why don't you do us all a favor and just SAY what specifically you believe about this?

Please.

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Truth,

Why don't you do us all a favor and just SAY what specifically you believe about this?

Please.

Hi Foreigner,

We know in the wilderness the serpent was lifted up and fastened to a pole, "so must the Son of man be lifted up", i.e. die by crucifixion...by being impaled on a cross.

In Num 21 you will see the urgency being implied in Num 21:7-9. The Israelites were dying in great numbers from the venomous bites which is the same today of the nations. Mortal man is dying from the bite of sin Num 21:7 - a sting which produced death (1 Cor 15:55-56). Jesus (the Son of Man) must (an urgent necessity) be 'lifted up meaning die by crucifixion in order to save a perishing world.

In John 3:13-15 Jesus is saying you need faith in the bronze serpent (Christ) and if you ignor him, you will perish in unbelief.

The bronze serpent (Jesus) is a provision by God outside the scope of the Mosaic Law for it wasn’t mentioned once therein. In this respect it was a pattern of Christ, who was provided by God outside the scope of the Mosaic Law.

The Greek word for 'lifted up is 'hupsoo', and means 'to exalt, elevate, set on high', This word refers to Christ's crucifixion. This is proven by John.12:32-33: "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die." Since Christ died by crucifixion, to be 'lifted up' must mean death by crucifixion.

Foriengner, as side note you may find it of interest the hebrew word 'nes' for 'pole' in Num.21:8 means a 'sign, banner'. The serpent was not hidden in Moses tent to be secretly viewed by only a fewv but publicly exhibited for all to behold. Likewise in the crucifixion of Christ, the Divine principles were demonstrated publicly Gal 3:1.

And finally, the serpent in Gen.3 while a literal serpent is used as a figurative lineage to mean a seed, and or sin

(Gen.3:15).See Matt.23:33; Rev.12:9, 20:2. You may like to consider the make up of the serpent in the wilderness. You see they didn’t use a fiery serpent killed and fastened to a pole to signify SIN, this would not foreshadow the work of Jesus Christ. However a bronze (flesh) serpent was venomless. This is the perfect parallel with Jesus Christ who never yielded to sin. Rather the 'prince of this world Jn.12:31 was cast out in the life and death of the Son of God. Jesus possessed human nature, with its proneness to sin, and mortal constitution. This nature is sinful in its tendencies, and is therefore appropriately depicted by a serpent, but a venomless one, since Jesus overcame the impulses to sin.

Alethos

Sin & Death

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
John 3:14 (NKJV)
[sup]14 [/sup]And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,

Says NOTHING about Jesus being THE SERPENT.