The Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Squeaky

Jul 30, 2014
FLESH (EMOTIONS=UNCLEAN SPIRITS)(FEELINGS=TEMPTATIONS)
Rom 1:24-25
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
James 1:14
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
Luke 22:31-32
31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
32 "But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
Luke 22:3
3 Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve.
James 4:7
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Gal 5:17
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
Gal 6:8
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
1 Cor 10:13
13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
Rom 8:5-8
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:1
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:14
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
James 3:13-15
13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.
14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.
15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.
Jude 1:19
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
Matt 22:16
16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.
Gal 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Rom 12:1
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
1 Cor 9:26-27
26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
Rom 9:8
8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.
1 Pet 1:24
24 because "All flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls away,
Rom 13:13-14
13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.
14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.
1 Cor 15:30-32
30 And why do we stand in jeopardy every hour?
31 I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
32 If, in the manner of men, I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantage is it to me? If the dead do not rise, "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die!"
James 4:1-4
1 Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members?
2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask.
3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.
1 Tim 6:12-16
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing,
15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.
(NKJ)
xxx The flesh is your outer person where feelings and emotions live. You have an inner man which is your spirit and soul. So you have an inner man, and an outer person. Your spirit is the mind of your inner man, and your soul is the body of your inner man. Your soul is where your affections come from, sadness, joy, compassion. Your outer person, is where your emotions are. Emotions or passions over take your being with strong feelings that are uncontrollable. when it talks about your flesh most of the time it is talking about your emotions. Your emotions control what you do in the flesh. That is why is tells us to crucify our flesh. Let the Word of God control your flesh. And you will be born again to the Spirit.

Gal 6:7-10
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.
(NKJ)
Gal 6:14-18
14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.
17 From now on let no one trouble me, for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
(NKJ)
Phil 3:3
3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
(NKJ)

FLESH (CRUSIFY)
2 Cor 7:1
1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
James 1:21-24
21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
Luke 9:23-24
23 Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
24 "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
Rom 6:8-10
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.
10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
1 Pet 4:19
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.
Eph 3:16
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
Matt 18:8-9
8 "If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
9 "And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
2 Tim 2:3-7
3 You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.
5 And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.
6 The hard-working farmer must be first to partake of the crops.
7 Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things.
Rom 6:6-7
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.
Heb 5:8-9
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,
Eph 6:12
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Eph 6:11
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
2 Cor 2:11
11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.
2 Cor 11:3
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
2 Cor 10:12
12 For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
2 Cor 3:4-6
4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God.
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
Rom 12:1-2
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
I Jn 2:15-17
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world-- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-- is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
Titus 2:11-15
11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
Gal 5:16-24
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Matt 5:29-30
29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
Rev 2:11
11 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death."'
(NKJ)
xxx Flesh is your outer person where your emotions(passions) dwell in you. Your inner man is your spirit and soul. Your spirit is the mind of your inner man, and your soul is the body of your inner man where your affections come from. Affections have no desire with them, whether it be joy, sadness, or compassion there is no desire to do anything about them. Your outer person is very strong feelings or emotions that you cant control, you have to give into them. One needs the Holy Spirit(verses) for power over their outer person.
James 1:4
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
(KJV)
1 Tim 6:7-8
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.
(NKJ)
Rom 12:1-3
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
(NKJ)

James 4:7-10
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
(NKJ)
1 Pet 5:9-10
9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
(NKJ)
1 Cor 15:58
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 15:30-31
30 And why do we stand in jeopardy every hour?
31 I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
(NKJ)
1 Tim 6:12-14
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing,
(NKJ)
Rom 7:18
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
(NKJ)

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Hey....save yourself some time and just copy and paste the entire bible and get it over with.

Squeaky

Jul 30, 2014
RANDOR said:
Hey....save yourself some time and just copy and paste the entire bible and get it over with.
I said
I'm sorry but is there any Christians in here that have a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit like I do?

Squeaky

Jul 30, 2014
Angelina said:
If you knew the Holy Spirit personally...you would never have asked such a question. :huh:
I said
I know the Holy Spirit personally, that is why I asked. The Holy Spirit keeps pointing out the hypocrites in here.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Squeaky said:
I said
I know the Holy Spirit personally, that is why I asked. The Holy Spirit keeps pointing out the hypocrites in here.
I said
More Judgment and name calling

James 1:26
If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That does not sound like the Holy Spirit. He is more interested in your personal walk with Christ [since he lives in you], not someone else's.

Forsakenone

Dec 25, 2013

26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain​
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
James 1:26-27​
Of course, God and the Father are the same since the fatherless believe that with God all things are possible, which if true represents that Eternal God can lie, and if Eternal God can not lie then all things are not possible with God Therefore as written in Hebrews 6:18, " that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:". Anyone care to pontificate upon what the second immutable thing is?

The only one true and Eternal God has neither a beginning nor an end, being timeless it is the same from everlasting to everlasting, He changes not. Thus the reason it is written that the Lamb of God who was slain from the foundation of the world said in John 8:44, "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." John 5:37-39. As written in John 5:37, "... search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life:"

18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites? 19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. Matt 22:18-19 KJV
Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it. Mark 12:15 KJV

While it is interesting that God asked them why they tempted him, since the scriptures are the breath inspired 'Word of God' wherein it is written in Acts that "God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." However, it is written in Genesis 22:1 KJV wherein it is written, "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am." Hebrews 3:7 KJV
So can anyone bring the Holy Ghost a Roman penny as written?

However, the point being that we all have our own perspective of what the Spirit has taught us, just as one color of the prism doesn't reveal the visible Light, neither does one's own perspective of the scriptures bring them any closer to the knowledge of the truth. Blessed are those who come in the name of the LORD.

Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out.
Prov 20:5

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
While it is interesting that God asked them why they tempted him, since the scriptures are the breath inspired 'Word of God' wherein it is written in Acts that "God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man."
Jas 1:13 “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:”

In Matt 22:18-19 Its not interesting that God asked them why they are trying to test or play games with him. They endeavor to tempt him, meaning its all on them, it doesn't mean that God was tempted to make a foolish mistake in his ministry.
Read Matt 22:15 KJV “Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk.”

However, it is written in Genesis 22:1 KJV wherein it is written, "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am."
In James it says that God cannot be tempted "with evil", nor does he tempt any man.
This scripture in context gives the key words “With Evil” as in God does not tempt any man “With Evil” just as He can not be tempted “With Evil”
Abraham was not tempted with an “Evil” desire to kill his son, but a righteous testing on his commitment to God.

:)

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
Thank you folks for caring for sure!

From the peanut gallery, Gen.22:1, "...God put Abraham to the test..." is a better rendition of course.

Old Jack butting in.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
A number of years ago, I raised my hand in Sunday school one morning and
asked the instructor to define the flesh as per the section of scripture he was
teaching that morning. Well; his wife, sitting at our table, without first
raising her hand to speak, chimed right in over her husband and proceeded,
in a patronizing tone, to define the flesh for me. Her husband remained
silent while his wife commandeered the class.

Well; that woman's definition was so long, so confusing, and so convoluted
that I never did figure out what she was trying to say; and her husband
never did answer my question. After his wife finished her unsolicited
treatise, he continued on with the lesson that morning as if I had asked him
nothing. I guess his definition was no different than his wife's or he might
have challenged it; but probably not in front of the class or he might have

been eating TV dinners for the rest of the week.

You know human nature isn't all that difficult to define. Webster's says its
(1) the ways of thinking, feeling, and acting that are common to most
people, and (2) the nature of humans; especially the fundamental
dispositions and traits of humans. In other words: the flesh is just simply
that which comes natural to humans as opposed to that which comes natural
to God.

Getting back to that instructor's wife again; What was it that prompted her
to commandeer the class like she did with her unsolicited treatise in brazen
disregard for the Lord's wishes as per 1Cor 14:33-35 and 1Tim 2:11-13?
Well; ironically it was the very thing she attempted to define. Let's face it;

human nature is impulsive; and takes an effort to suppress; which, by the way,
is one of the fruits of the Spirit.

†. Gal 5:22-23 . . The fruit of the Spirit is . . self-control.

Buen Camino
/

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
Webers_Home said:
-
A number of years ago, I raised my hand in Sunday school one morning and
asked the instructor to define the flesh as per the section of scripture he was
teaching that morning. Well; his wife, sitting at our table, without first
raising her hand to speak, chimed right in over her husband and proceeded,
in a patronizing tone, to define the flesh for me. Her husband remained
silent while his wife commandeered the class.

Well; that woman's definition was so long, so confusing, and so convoluted
that I never did figure out what she was trying to say; and her husband
never did answer my question. After his wife finished her unsolicited
treatise, he continued on with the lesson that morning as if I had asked him
nothing. I guess his definition was no different than his wife's or he might
have challenged it; but probably not in front of the class or he might have

been eating TV dinners for the rest of the week.

You know human nature isn't all that difficult to define. Webster's says its
(1) the ways of thinking, feeling, and acting that are common to most
people, and (2) the nature of humans; especially the fundamental
dispositions and traits of humans. In other words: the flesh is just simply
that which comes natural to humans as opposed to that which comes natural
to God.

Getting back to that instructor's wife again; What was it that prompted her
to commandeer the class like she did with her unsolicited treatise in brazen
disregard for the Lord's wishes as per 1Cor 14:33-35 and 1Tim 2:11-13?
Well; ironically it was the very thing she attempted to define. Let's face it;

human nature is impulsive; and takes an effort to suppress; which, by the way,
is one of the fruits of the Spirit.

†. Gal 5:22-23 . . The fruit of the Spirit is . . self-control.

Buen Camino
/
Thank you again for caring again!

I was thinking "sinful nature"?

Old Jack's two-bits

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shturt678s said:

I was thinking "sinful nature"?
†. Rom 7:18 . . I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful
nature. (NIV)

The words "sinful nature" --used extensively throughout the NIV-- are not
actually in the Greek manuscripts. That word combination isn't a translation;
it's an editorial interpretation of the word sarx (sarx); which essentially
indicates the meaty parts of either man or beast. The meat of the human
body would of course include all of its organic tissues; including the 3-pound
lump of flabby material housed within everyone's bony little skull sufficing for

a mind.

The human body's reproductive organs are meat too; hence the saying:

†. John 3:6 . . Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
(NIV)

BTW: you can see there how inconsistent the NIV really is. The Greek word
for "flesh" in it's version of John 3:6 is the very same Greek word that the
NIV translates "sinful nature" in its version of Rom 7:18.

I'll grant that the human body is sinful; but it's unfair to serious students of
the Bible when editors take it upon themselves to insert their personal
interpretations into the text as if they were God's words; when it's their
words; not His.

You know what scares me? I am who the organic tissues of my body have
made me. In other words; the "me" that I am today can easily be
transformed into another "me" by little more than a blow to the head. I once
read the story of a woman who was in a very bad auto accident that left her
in a coma for a while. When she came to; the woman was someone else.
Her favorite foods were no longer her favorite foods. Her favorite colors were
no longer her favorite colors. She preferred different fashions, different
music, and even her mannerisms were different. She had a whole new
personality. The woman was so unlike her original self that neither her own
children nor her own husband recognized her. They could legitimately ask:

Where is our mother; and what have you done with her?

What happened? Well obviously her brain function changed. The auto
accident had somehow altered its activity; subsequently making her into
another woman. It's somewhat disturbing to realize that we are who the
organic tissues of our bodies have made us; and that those same organic
tissues can make us become someone else; and there is not one thing we
can do to stop it.

Buen Camino
/

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Hey...it's just me..................but...............................................when one has been Born Again.....the last thing they need is a bible.....
What I mean by this?.............glad ya asked.

Ya see.........when you have been forgiven of sins and saved from the pits of hell............your eyes are opened...
and I must say immediately...............so when you do pick up a bible all you do is agree with it. You recognize it, it's familar, it's you, you know it.....but not by one scripture to the next.....let me repeat that.....................not by one scripture to the next...............you know it and it knows you only by the changed life brought on by ALL SCRIPTURES MIXED TOGETHER...which makes that ever lasting platter........ called your life.

Throw all the scriptures into a blender.........pour them out and drink......for that my friends is now your lifes walk. HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Now, when one has been saved by Christ...............i'm talkin personally, in person....one on one and they pick up the bible again all they do is agree.
They don't need to be taught by man........and are not infected by man's teachings.

They can spot someone in seconds who have been taught by man........for there is no fruit....not even a limb to carry the fruit.

There is no love for their God.........they never say how much they love God......and God forbid they give Him any praise.

Jesus will let you know if your sins are forgiven......ya just don't have to hope so....

Sooooooooooooooooooo...when ya have truly asked..........to be forgiven.............and Jesus knows you truly ask.....

then ya can't help but do this........................

PRAISE YOUR HOLY NAME!
I was not saved by one scripture........nope not one..............I just asked.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
I think one of the most interesting stories (it is true) I've heard concerning our annoying friend "the flesh" was a few years ago.
Their was this young guy who used to slap his mother (both went to church), and the mother had the home Church group
pray and the result was zero, niks, nothing, the guy in question still carried on.
The matter was escalated and Pastors were brought in, devils were bound and cast out, tons of counselling took place but still nothing.

After a few months of no progress the matter was escalated to the Senior Pastor of the church.
He made time for the mother and son and arranged an appointment date at his office.
As the mother and son sat down the Senior Pastor pointed his finger at the young guy and said, "If you ever touch your mother again, I'm
going to come to your house and beat the daylights out of you".
And then he ended the meeting.
The result ... the guy stopped his nonsense immediately and has never tried this stunt again.

Let's stop spiritualising everything and make practical decisions to tackle our common enemy.