The Free Gift of Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

findingmyfaith1

Mar 20, 2014
The salvation of God is free to those who
will do what is required to receive it.
To receive the salvation of God,
it will cost you your life.

Did you give your life to Jesus to receive Him as your Lord and Savior?

If you did, then you gave your life in return for the salvation of God.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
findingmyfaith1 said:
What did you give to God in return for His salvation?
Ideally, your life in covenant.

The Gift of Salvation is only the Free Entrance into Covenant. A MISNOMER for the endgame scene, the final denouement of all individual believers...
The word 'salvation' meaning you made it in the shade, you can rest easy, sit on your perch all lookin' pretty and such...makes God YHWH Elohim into Santy Claus who loves you unconditionally...giving you the free pardon, all you gotta do is TAKE IT. Whoo hoo, I am impressed by modern day culture, mainstream religion, dominant theology which says your HEAVEN is guaranteed, you need do nothing, it cost you nada, and just be generally good (or something) and don't rock that boat you got into, that free boat to heaven...we all like FREE don't we? EXPECT IT even, when nothing ever was free in essence, not even Google who spams me every time I click on something, or Facebook who took away my privacy...

...exemplified with these two parables in Mt 13:

[SIZE=.75em]44 [/SIZE]Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
[SIZE=.75em]45 [/SIZE]Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
[SIZE=.75em]46 [/SIZE]Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

See the COVENANT is the thing we give all for. The ENTRANCE INTO Covenant was free and cost nothing except a commitment, a promise to give it up, give it up...

...give WHAT up...give it up...give it up...give WHAT up, your WHOLE LIFE what do you think?

He who does not bear his cross and come after me is not worthy to be my disciple.

Who said that? Is Shema after all moot and void for the Christian?

See this Gift of Salvation concept, it is vastly misplaced. A modern ideal, having nothing WHATSOEVER to do with Truth.

findingmyfaith1 said:

Yeah you got it. Billy Graham did not. His 1% or less who STAY ON COURSE never got told even that to make Jesus Lord, this might cost something dear, as in well all of you.

Shema is still true. Love God with all you have, and the Circumcision of the Heart is this very thing the YONTOO to love God.

Deut 30

[SIZE=.75em]6 [/SIZE]And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love theLord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Those who tried to do Shema in OT came to revelation of circumcision of some kind, beyond the circumcision of the flesh. But those who believed in faith and ultimate loyalty to the LORD Jesus will know the True Circumcision.

This is the fulfillment of this verse.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
nothead said:

The Gift of Salvation is only the Free Entrance into Covenant. A MISNOMER for the endgame scene, the final denouement of all individual believers...
The word 'salvation' meaning you made it in the shade, you can rest easy, sit on your perch all lookin' pretty and such...makes God YHWH Elohim into Santy Claus who loves you unconditionally...giving you the free pardon, all you gotta do is TAKE IT. Whoo hoo, I am impressed by modern day culture, mainstream religion, dominant theology which says your HEAVEN is guaranteed, you need do nothing, it cost you nada, and just be generally good (or something) and don't rock that boat you got into, that free boat to heaven...we all like FREE don't we? EXPECT IT even, when nothing ever was free in essence, not even Google who spams me every time I click on something, or Facebook who took away my privacy...

[SIZE=.75em]44 [/SIZE]Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
[SIZE=.75em]45 [/SIZE]Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
[SIZE=.75em]46 [/SIZE]Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

See the COVENANT is the thing we give all for. The ENTRANCE INTO Covenant was free and cost nothing except a commitment, a promise to give it up, give it up...

...give WHAT up...give it up...give it up...give WHAT up, your WHOLE LIFE what do you think?

He who does not bear his cross and come after me is not worthy to be my disciple.

See this Gift of Salvation concept, it is vastly misplaced. A modern ideal, having nothing WHATSOEVER to do with Truth.

Yeah you got it. Billy Graham did not. His 1% or less who STAY ON COURSE never got told even that to make Jesus Lord, this might cost something dear, as in well all of you.

Shema is still true. Love God with all you have, and the Circumcision of the Heart is this very thing the YONTOO to love God.

Deut 30

[SIZE=.75em]6 [/SIZE]And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love theLord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
nothead said:

Deut 30

[SIZE=.75em]6 [/SIZE]And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love theLord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Those who tried to do Shema in OT came to revelation of circumcision of some kind, beyond the circumcision of the flesh. But those who believed in faith and ultimate loyalty to the LORD Jesus will know the True Circumcision.

This is the fulfillment of this verse.
Thank you for your caring again - had Internet issues with my previous post, sorry!

Matt.13:44 is one of the more important parables, ie, deals with the supreme concept in the N.T. - the Kingodm of God. The 4 preceding important parables show how the Kingdom of God is bestowed, and how it operates. Now Jesus shows how it's ACQUIRED! One needs to become an owner of this Kingdom.

Old Jack

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
findingmyfaith1 said:
That is like saying my paycheck is free if I work for it. I think you need to consider what "free" means.

The salvation that is free is that which cost Jesus His life. You want us to reverse roles with Him?

Rather, Jesus Himself said " Most assuredly, he who believes in Me has everlasting life" (John 6:47).

But apparently, taking a gift freely is not so easy as it would seem. Too bad for they who deem it too good to be true, or too easy.

In Rom.5:15-19, life and righteousness are both called free gifts. And in that passage there is no mention of the free gift costing anyone his life. In fact, there is no passage concerning salvation that says any such thing. Case in point, Rom.10:9,10. where it states the only cost to us is our faith and our confession.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
williemac said:
That is like saying my paycheck is free if I work for it. I think you need to consider what "free" means.

The salvation that is free is that which cost Jesus His life. You want us to reverse roles with Him?

Rather, Jesus Himself said " Most assuredly, he who believes in Me has everlasting life" (John 6:47).

But apparently, taking a gift freely is not so easy as it would seem. Too bad for they who deem it too good to be true, or too easy.

In Rom.5:15-19, life and righteousness are both called free gifts. And in that passage there is no mention of the free gift costing anyone his life. In fact, there is no passage concerning salvation that says any such thing. Case in point, Rom.10:9,10. where it states the only cost to us is our faith and our confession.

You ignore half of the NT sir, I don't mind correcting you.

This is modern tech, NT gloss, lukewarm hodgepodge of unmitigated muck. I can quote a single passage that puts you to shame, repentance and ashes as to your putrient theology:

[SIZE=.75em]26 [/SIZE]If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
[SIZE=.75em]27 [/SIZE]And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
[SIZE=.75em]28 [/SIZE]For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
[SIZE=.75em]29 [/SIZE]Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
[SIZE=.75em]30 [/SIZE]Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
[SIZE=.75em]31 [/SIZE]Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
[SIZE=.75em]32 [/SIZE]Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
[SIZE=.75em]33 [/SIZE]So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14

Git on with you now, Willie. Proskuneow to the Truth.

Where are the naysayers here? Only one, who could not defend his position? Surely there are OTHERS who believe their Salvation was a Free Gift, given without cost from the FINISHED ACT of Jesus...and to deny this is to deny what HE HAS DONE for us...

Catherine Kulman, 1970's. God's pardon is like the warden who has your get-out-of-jail-free card, that which RELEASES you from the prison of hell and damnation...
...all that is required is for you to TAKE IT in your grubby little hands, and maybe a smidgen of comprehension will suffice...

I say COW MANURE to that, and I can back up everything I say with scripture. Can you? Come out of the closet; this theology is prevalent among modern believers...I know you are out there.

What is pray tell the difference with foresaking ALL YOU HAVE including YOUR LIFE, and something that costs nothing? Is there a GREATER CONTRAST under the sun? Something MORE oppositional?

How has mainstream Christianity perverted the Truth? Turned it upside down OPPOSITE what it says?

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
williemac said:

Thank you for caring!

I know you don't want to cheapen a "Free Gift" thus let's not place the donkey before the cart. The excellent confession voices "faith" that was already wrought by one's undergoing a "born again" experience God's way. Now we have a valid confession after one is "born again" effected through a valid "repentance." Sorry was trying to get around "repentance," but unable to.

Old repentant Jack
nothead said:
You ignore half of the NT sir, I don't mind correcting you.

This is modern tech, NT gloss, lukewarm hodgepodge of unmitigated muck. I can quote a single passage that puts you to shame, repentance and ashes as to your putrient theology:

[SIZE=.75em]26 [/SIZE]If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
[SIZE=.75em]27 [/SIZE]And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
[SIZE=.75em]28 [/SIZE]For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
[SIZE=.75em]29 [/SIZE]Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
[SIZE=.75em]30 [/SIZE]Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
[SIZE=.75em]31 [/SIZE]Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
[SIZE=.75em]32 [/SIZE]Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
[SIZE=.75em]33 [/SIZE]So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14

Git on with you now, Willie. Proskuneow to the Truth.

Where are the naysayers here? Only one, who could not defend his position? Surely there are OTHERS who believe their Salvation was a Free Gift, given without cost from the FINISHED ACT of Jesus...and to deny this is to deny what HE HAS DONE for us...

Catherine Kulman, 1970's. God's pardon is like the warden who has your get-out-of-jail-free card, that which RELEASES you from the prison of hell and damnation...
...all that is required is for you to TAKE IT in your grubby little hands, and maybe a smidgen of comprehension will suffice...

I say COW MANURE to that, and I can back up everything I say with scripture. Can you? Come out of the closet; this theology is prevalent among modern believers...I know you are out there.

What is pray tell the difference with foresaking ALL YOU HAVE including YOUR LIFE, and something that costs nothing? Is there a GREATER CONTRAST under the sun? Something MORE oppositional?

How has mainstream Christianity perverted the Truth? Turned it upside down OPPOSITE what it says?
Thank you again for caring!

You have a lot of good things to offer, and for us to think about on this one, great!

Old trying to think Jack, age and mileage thing.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
findingmyfaith1 said:
What did you give to God in return for His salvation?
I made him Lord, Jesus that is. What this gives God is reason to covenant with me, a wanton Gentile. He covenants with me through His Spirit come in the name of his Son.

I think what you meant was what can WE give God that HE would value? The answer is, our life and love. And I suspect you confuse the FREE GIFT as Salvation itself, just handed to you without cost.

The entrance to Covenant always costed the God-fearer something whether being a foreigner disalowed into the inner chambers of the Temple or the non-Jew or the Faithful Centurion. NOW it is free, and without cost. STILL costing everything in Covenant.

Which was ALWAYS the Everything Cost of God. Shema cost a man everything in Old Covenant. Shema realized still costs a man everything in New Covenant.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
nothead said:
I made him Lord, Jesus that is.
Thank you for caring again!

Only a head's up, ie, by default you just made Jesus = God in light of Acts16:14, "whose Lord opened wide to be heeding the things spoken by Paul." Maybe the Lord is opening your heart?

What this gives God is reason to covenant with me, a wanton Gentile. He covenants with me through His Spirit come in the name of his Son.

I think what you meant was what can WE give God that HE would value? The answer is, our life and love. And I suspect you confuse the FREE GIFT as Salvation itself, just handed to you without cost.

The entrance to Covenant always costed the God-fearer something whether being a foreigner disalowed into the inner chambers of the Temple or the non-Jew or the Faithful Centurion. NOW it is free, and without cost. STILL costing everything in Covenant.

Which was ALWAYS the Everything Cost of God. Shema cost a man everything in Old Covenant. Shema realized still costs a man everything in New Covenant.
Old Jack

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
shturt678 said:
I made him Lord, Jesus that is.
Thank you for caring again!

Only a head's up, ie, by default you just made Jesus = God in light of Acts16:14, "whose Lord opened wide to be heeding the things spoken by Paul." Maybe the Lord is opening your heart?

What this gives God is reason to covenant with me, a wanton Gentile. He covenants with me through His Spirit come in the name of his Son.

Old Jack

It is a generally involved exercise, figuring out when Paul means God and when he does not, when he says "lord." But the verses of Paul with God and the Lord Jesus IN THE SAME VERSE shows us for Paul, the Father is always God and Jesus is always "lord."

Does this mean for Paul God is never "lord?" Heaven forbid.

But 71 verses in NT with ANY author of NT has Jesus only as Lord and never but possibly one time as Lord and God. This one has to fit the norm, sir. Thomas 20:28 has to fit the others, since it is the lonely verse NOT in three synoptics.

Remember each synoptic was a stand-alone gospel originally.

Also Jack consider that they were calling Jesus LORD way before they could have known he was GOD. In three synoptics, "What sort of MAN is this who calms the wind and seas?"

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Madad21 said:
I'm sure God appreciated YOUR SIN, sir. Try this when you see Him at the Judgement.

Here are ALL MY SINS, sir.

God: "Well, gloree be. I am blessed to receive them FOR SURE."

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
findingmyfaith1 said:

Just to clarify for any other bridge dwellers.

Before Christ:
I was suicidal, I was a drug addict and an alcoholic and i loved violence.

after Christ:
I gave over my sin, this by way of repentance.
I also work regularly with in my local community for the Salvation army as a volunteer.
I brought up my Son to love Jesus and he is now in Bible college.
I am a good husband to my wife and father to my son, whom I love with all my heart.
I study my bible and I love Jesus.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothead

You don't understand the parables of Mt 13 44-46 nor the meaning of Deut 30:6 and you dare come into this market place to sell and teach your false goods? I knew sooner or later you will trip on your own false doctrines and be exposed for what you stand for.

You have been rude in this forum by using gibberish language. If indeed you are a Christian you will have the spirit of meekness!

The interpretations of Mt 13:44-46:

Verse 44
Kingdom of heaven = body of believers
Treasure = a believer
Field = the world
Man = the Lord Jesus
Sold all that he had = emptied Himself of His glory
Bought the field = ransomed the world with His life

Verse 45
Kingdom of heaven = body of believers
Merchant man = the Lord Jesus
Seeking goodly things = seeking the lost sheep of Israel

Verse 46
One pearl of good price = story of the lost sheep in Lu 15:4 and note the importance of one sheep
Sold all that He had = emptied Himself of His glory
Bought it = bought it with His life

THE MEANIG OF DEUTERONOMY 30:6:

Deut 30:6 is giving the answer to the statement found in Deut 10:16. where the command by God to circumcise the foreskin of your heart was given and in conjunction with Deut 30:19. God is telling us we can't do it! Why? Because He comes to a valley of dry bones MEANING a “spiritually dead” people.

We are all accountable, but how can we “choose life” if we are spiritually dead? Same principle that no one (have the power) seeks after God! Romans 3:10:11

SALVATION CAN BE SEEN IN THE RAISING OF LAZARUS

After telling Martha He is the resurrection and the life, Jesus arrives at the tomb of Lazarus and cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth.” Could Lazarus hear the command? No, he was physically dead! But Lazarus did come forth. What had to have happened? Jesus had to qualify him and reached into the tomb to give him life.
As Lazarus was physically dead so are we spiritually dead (impossible for us to understand spiritual things, unless given from above).

As Lazarus was physically deaf so are we spiritually deaf (our ears are dull in hearing the true Gospel).

As Lazarus was physically blind so are we spiritually blind (we cannot see the truths of the Bible).

As Lazarus was physically closed lip so are we spiritually dumb (we are incapable to speak spiritual things).

Did Lazarus make any kind of contribution to his resurrection? Did he have the ability to accept or deny Jesus from raising him up? So, too, we cannot make any kind of contribution towards our salvation.

All the miracles performed by Jesus we read about in Scripture were not only to show He is God, but also to show through those miracles man's condition that he is a reprobate creature.

Tell me, what part in the raising of Lazarus did Lazarus make a contribution of? None...nada.

If we do not understand and accept that we are spiritually dead, I'm afraid many of us will have a rude awakening on Judgment Day.

To God Be The Glory

Stephen Levi

May 11, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
Madad21 said:
Just to clarify for any other bridge dwellers.

Before Christ:
I was suicidal, I was a drug addict and an alcoholic and i loved violence.

after Christ:
I gave over my sin, this by way of repentance.
I also work regularly with in my local community for the Salvation army as a volunteer.
I brought up my Son to love Jesus and he is now in Bible college.
I am a good husband to my wife and father to my son, whom I love with all my heart.
I study my bible and I love Jesus.
I am just the messenger. The Lord told me to post this to you.
Matthew, Chapter 7, 2:
with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

I have a feeling you made a vow to God, you did not keep.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Stephen Levi said:
Matthew, Chapter 7, 2:

I thank you,
I am unaware of any vows as I have been living by grace since the day I was saved.
However I will pray and ask God to search my heart to reveal any vow I may have made and bring it to mind.

Can you please expand on what the scripture may have to do with it, it really doesnt ring any bells.

I appreciate your comment, thanks Stephen.

Blessings :)

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Stephen Levi said:
Matthew, Chapter 7, 2:

Thank you for caring!

Only posting because of ol' memories where decades ago others use to spring Matt.7:2 on me when I use to question them. It took me a few weeks to find a passage to respond with, ie, Jn.7:24. We are to judge others especially guarding the Word keeping it inviolate.

btw I'm a Jam.5:12 type vower.

Old Jack

Appreciate you and your words sir

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Madad21 said:
I thank you,
I am unaware of any vows as I have been living by grace since the day I was saved.
However I will pray and ask God to search my heart to reveal any vow I may have made and bring it to mind.

Can you please expand on what the scripture may have to do with it, it really doesnt ring any bells.

I appreciate your comment, thanks Stephen.

Blessings :)
It basically means that God treats you the way you treat others. For example: The lord may send lying spirits to a liar and deceiver.