THE FULFILLMENT OF DANIEL 11, Part 2 of 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

3692 AM, 4402 JP, 312 BC

2563. Seleucus took with him 1000 foot soldiers from Ptolemy’s (as Appianus has it, for Diodorus says only 800.) and 200 cavalry. With so small a force he went to recover his government of the province of Babylon. When he came with them into Mesopotamia, he there dealt with the Macedonians he found living in Carran. He persuaded some to follow him, others he forced to go along with him in his journey. No sooner had he set foot within the territory of Babylon, then the inhabitants came flocking to him and offered him their service in the recovering of his government. Polyarchus also, who held some kind of office among them, came to him to receive his commands and brought 1000 armed troops to him. When those who sided with Antigonus knew of his popularity with the people, they all fled to the citadel which was commanded by Diphilus. Seleucus besieged it and took it by force. He released from there the children and friends of his that Antigonus had imprisoned when Seleucus had fled to Egypt for fear. When this was done, he started raising soldiers in the country. He bought horses and distributed them among those who were able to ride them. With all of them he behaved fairly and friendly. He secured their loyalty so they were all ready to risk any hazard with him. So for the third time he again recovered all his government of Babylon. (Diod. Sic. with Appian. in his Syriaca, p. 121.)

2564. Nicanor, whom Antigonus had made governor of the province of Media, marched against Seleucus with 10,000 foot soldiers and 7000 cavalry. Seleucus immediately went to meet him with a little more than 3000 foot soldiers and 400 cavalry. When he had crossed the Tigris River, he heard that the enemy was not far off. He hid his men in the marshes around there and planned to ambush Nicanor. When Nicanor came to the bank of the Tigris River, he could not find the enemy and camped near to a post house of the kings. Little did he think that the enemy was so near. The next night he was not even thinking about the enemy and did not post a proper military watch. Seleucus attacked him and raised a great tumult in his army. When the Persians started to fight back, Euager their general along with other commanders were killed. After this fight most of Nicanor’s army abandoned him and defected to Seleucus. They did not like the fix they were in nor did they care for Antigonus. Thereupon Nicanor feared what would happen next lest his soldiers turn him over to Seleucus. He stole away with some few of his friends, and fled home through the desert into Media again. (Diod. Sic.)

2565. When Seleucus had gotten this powerful army, he still behaved well toward all men and easily subdued the provinces of Media, Susa and the other bordering countries. He quickly sent Ptolemy word how he had regained his full regal power and majesty. (Diod. Sic. year 1. Olymp. 117.) Based on this, Eusebius counts this as the first year of Seleucus’ reign. All note that the Edesseni begin their epoch here. The story of the Maccabees’ account of the Greek reign begins here. Without a doubt this is from the autumn of this very year, that is, from September or October of the year 4402 JP (years from creation). Starting at that time, the writer of the second book of Maccabees calculates his Greek years, and the Jews there, “eram Contractium”, i.e. “their account of Contracts”, and those of Edessa, and other Syrians, in their “Epoch of the Seleucian Kingdom”, and the Arabians, “the years of Alexander Dehiplarnain”, as they call them. Yet the writer of the first book of Maccabees begins his account of the Greek year, from the previous spring to this autumn and Ptolemy of Alexandria, in his great Syntaxis begins his Chaldean account from the next spring.

Seleucus recaptured Babylon from Antigonus in 312 BC and began establishing the Seleucid Kingdom

Annals of the World record 2746 confirms that Seleucus was the Prince that grew in strength with Ptolemy, who was the king of the South, while he took refuge in Egypt and after he recaptured Babylon, his dominion grew greater and he ascended over King Ptolemy, the King of the South when the historian Arrian concludes that Seleucus was the greatest man that lived after Alexander the Great and that he had the most noble spirit and the largest dominion of all others.

The Seleucid Empire grew greater in domain and dominion than the Ptolemic Empire as described in Dan 11:5.

2746. Arrian tells us that Seleucus was the greatest man that lived after Alexander the Great and had the most noble spirit of all the rest. He had the largest dominions of all others. (l. de Reb. Alexand.) He died in the 43rd year after the death of Alexander, the 32nd year of the Greek or Seleucian Calendar. Appian said he lived 73 years but Justin says 78 years. His body was buried by Philetaerus the king of Pergamus, which he redeemed from Ceraunus with a great sum of money. After he had buried it in a most solemn manner, he sent his ashes to his son Antiochus. He burned it in Seleucia which stands on the sea coast. He built a shrine to his tomb which was called Nicatorium after his surname. (Appian, in Syriac. p. 129.) Justin tells us that both he, his sons and grand children after him, were all born with the sign of an anchor on one of their thighs. This was a natural birthmark of that family. (l. 15. c. 4.) Ausonius in his book “de Claris Urbius”, that is, “of famous cities”, spoke of Antioch and said: (l. 2.) –Illa Selucum. &c. She for her founder did Seleucus praise, Who ware a native anchor in his thigh; A true impress of his nativity, And cognizance on all his progeny.

The king of the North was probably first fulfilled by the Roman Empire and then followed by England.

After Egypt the king of the South was most likely fulfilled by Saudi Arabia when Mohammed started the Islamic religion and subsequent Islamic rulers set out on Islamic Crusades and conquered North Africa, part of the Middle East and part of Europe.

Some of the wars between the Roman/Byzantine Empires and Islam most likely fulfilled some of the earlier wars described in Dan 11 between the king of the North and the King of the South.

According to William Branham's visions, which I posted below Russia is the current king of the North.

1933 Seven Visions by William Branham
(Concerning Endtime Events From 1933 to The End)

The first vision was that Mussolini would invade Ethiopia and that nation would "fall at his steps". That vision surely did cause some repercussions, and some were very angry when I said it and would not believe it. But it happened that way. He just walked in there with his modern arms and took over. The natives didn't have a chance. But the vision also said that Mussolini would come to a horrible end with his own people turning on him. That came to pass just exactly as it was said.

The next vision foretold that an Austrian by the name of Adolph Hitler would rise up as dictator over Germany, and that he would draw the world into war. It showed the Siegfried line and how our troops would have a terrible time to overcome it. Then it showed that Hitler would come to a mysterious end.

The third vision was in the realm of world politics for it showed me that there would be three great ISMS, Fascism, Nazism, Communism, but that the first two would be swallowed up into the third. The voice admonished, "WATCH RUSSIA, WATCH RUSSIA. Keep your eye on the King of the North."

The fourth vision showed the great advances in science that would come after the Second World War. It was headed up in the vision of a plastic bubble-topped car that was running down beautiful highways under remote control so that people appeared seated in this car without a steering wheel and they were playing some sort of a game to amuse themselves.

The fifth vision had to do with the moral problem of our age, centering mostly around women. God showed me that women began to be out of their place with the granting of the vote. Then they cut off their hair, which signified that they were no longer under the authority of a man but insisted on either equal rights, or in most cases, more than equal rights. She adopted men's clothing and went into a state of undress, until the last picture I saw was a woman naked except for a little fig leaf type apron. With this vision I saw the terrible perversion and moral plight of the whole world.

Then in the sixth vision there arose up in America a most beautiful, but cruel woman. She held the people in her complete power

The last and seventh vision was wherein I heard a most terrible explosion. As I turned to look I saw nothing but debris, craters, and smoke all over the land of America. (This is Ocasio Cortez)

I am in agreement with other believers that Saudi Arabia is the current king of the South.

The Soviet-Afghan War, in which Saudi Arabia was the main organizer of the Muslim Militia that pushed the invading Russians out of Afghanistan was most likely the fulfillment of one of the wars described in Dan 11.

The Progressive USA/ Sunni Saudi Arabia orchestrated attempt to overthrow Assad and install a Sunni Muslim Brotherhood government in Syria in which Russia and Iran successfully defended Assad is an instance when the King of the South Saudi Arabia and it’s proxies attempted to expand it’s realm into the realm of the king of the North, Russia and it’s allies Syria and Iran.

Iran’s attempt to take control of Yemen through the Shiite Houthis in Yemen is an instance when the king of north, Russia and it’s ally, Iran is attempting to seize control of Yemen, which is located right at the door step of the king of the South, Saudi Arabia.

The Saudi attempt to take control of Syria and and Iran’s attempt take control of Yemen are most likely part of the fulfillment of the wars described in Dan 11, which lead up to the rising of the Antichrist.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The king of the North was probably first fulfilled by the Roman Empire and then followed by England.

After Egypt the king of the South was most likely fulfilled by Saudi Arabia when Mohammed started the Islamic religion and subsequent Islamic rulers set out on Islamic Crusades and conquered North Africa, part of the Middle East and part of Europe.

Some of the wars between the Roman/Byzantine Empires and Islam most likely fulfilled some of the earlier wars described in Dan 11 between the king of the North and the King of the South.

According to William Branham's visions, which I posted below Russia is the current king of the North.

I am in agreement with other believers that Saudi Arabia is the current king of the South.

The Soviet-Afghan War, in which Saudi Arabia was the main organizer of the Muslim Militia that pushed the invading Russians out of Afghanistan was most likely the fulfillment of one of the wars described in Dan 11.

The Progressive USA/ Sunni Saudi Arabia orchestrated attempt to overthrow Assad and install a Sunni Muslim Brotherhood government in Syria in which Russia and Iran successfully defended Assad is an instance when the King of the South Saudi Arabia and it’s proxies attempted to expand it’s realm into the realm of the king of the North, Russia and it’s allies Syria and Iran.

Iran’s attempt to take control of Yemen through the Shiite Houthis in Yemen is an instance when the king of north, Russia and it’s ally, Iran is attempting to seize control of Yemen, which is located right at the door step of the king of the South, Saudi Arabia.

The Saudi attempt to take control of Syria and and Iran’s attempt take control of Yemen are most likely part of the fulfillment of the wars described in Dan 11, which lead up to the rising of the Antichrist.
Though there may be parallels with the historical fulfillment of Dan 11, I do not agree that these prophecies were meant to be applied in modern times. They largely pointed to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Jewish religion, which followed after the Syrian and Egyptian kings in the BC era.

As Daniel had indicated, Greece would be a 3rd power, to be followed by a 4th, which was Rome. And Rome destroyed the Jewish symbol of their covenant with God--their temple. It was an indication that a New Covenant had to be made, not just with Israel but with all nations. This is the Covenant of Christ.

The kings of the North were, I believe, the ancient Syrian kings, climaxing with Antiochus 4. The kings of the South were, I believe, the ancient Egyptian kings, who were ultimately at war with the Syrian kings. But we all have our own views....

William Branham was a powerful Pentecostal minister, and I am a Pentecostal. However, my understanding is that something "went to his head," and he became a false prophet. I can't sign on to all that he did and said. (I must say now, after reading over Branham's prophecy, that it is very interesting!)

Last edited:

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though there may be parallels with the historical fulfillment of Dan 11, I do not agree that these prophecies were meant to be applied in modern times. They largely pointed to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Jewish religion, which followed after the Syrian and Egyptian kings in the BC era.

As Daniel had indicated, Greece would be a 3rd power, to be followed by a 4th, which was Rome. And Rome destroyed the Jewish symbol of their covenant with God--their temple. It was an indication that a New Covenant had to be made, not just with Israel but with all nations. This is the Covenant of Christ.

The kings of the North were, I believe, the ancient Syrian kings, climaxing with Antiochus 4. The kings of the South were, I believe, the ancient Egyptian kings, who were ultimately at war with the Syrian kings. But we all have our own views....

William Branham was a powerful Pentecostal minister, and I am a Pentecostal. However, my understanding is that something "went to his head," and he became a false prophet. I can't sign on to all that he did and said. (I must say now, after reading over Branham's prophecy, that it is very interesting!)
The fulfillment of the Daniel 11 vision has to be presented and discussed verse by verse and whatever is said has to not only fit what is described in each verse but also the sequence presented in the entire vision. Dan. 11:31-34 and Dan. 12:1-2 pertain to the time the Antichrist breaks the peace treaty, captures Jerusalem, the period of great tribulation and the resurrection, which means Dan 11 isn't just about the past but rather it pertains to the present and the future.
Dan.11:31 “And forces from him will arise, desecrate the sanctuary fortress, and do away with the regular sacrifice. And they will set up the abomination of desolation. 32 “And by smooth words he will turn to godlessness those who act wickedly toward the covenant, but the people who know their God will display strength and take action. 33 “And those who have insight among the people will give understanding to the many; yet they will fall by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plunder, for many days. 34 “Now when they fall they will be granted a little help, and many will join with them in hypocrisy. 35 “And some of those who have insight will fall, in order to refine, purge, and make them pure, until the end time; because it is still to come at the appointed time.
Dan. 12:1 “Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued. 2 “And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.
All of William Branham's visions and dreams were from the Holy Spirit. It is his teachings about the 7 churches being different ages and his teaching about Satan having sex with women and starting a lineage of unsaved that are wrong.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fulfillment of the Daniel 11 vision has to be presented and discussed verse by verse and whatever is said has to not only fit what is described in each verse but also the sequence presented in the entire vision. Dan. 11:31-34 and Dan. 12:1-2 pertain to the time the Antichrist breaks the peace treaty, captures Jerusalem, the period of great tribulation and the resurrection, which means Dan 11 isn't just about the past but rather it pertains to the present and the future.
I know this is a popular perspective, but I believe it makes a huge assumption. There is nothing whatsoever in the passage that mentions Antichrist--at all! Taken in context, the series of Egyptian and Syrian kings lead to Antiochus 4, who features at the end of ch. 11. Then in ch. 12 there is a sudden leap to the endtimes.

That appears to be because that was the time in history when Rome usurped the place of Antiochus, and the Greek heritage gave way to the Roman heritage, which ended Jewish worship under the Law and crucified Christ. This is the beginning of what we might call "the end times," or "the last days." It is the time when Jews temporarily lose their place in covenant with God until the nations have their opportunity with God through the covenant of Christ.

This is a time of "great tribulation" for the Jewish People until their final national salvation. And at the end of it the resurrection from the dead will take place, leading to a final determination regarding both righteous and wicked. Ch. 12 does mention the 3.5 years, associated with the 3.5 years of Antichrist's Reign in ch. 7. But it also closes with reference to the more immediate time of Antiochus 4, who loomed in the near future for the Jewish People. He would be destroyed after a 1290 day period of tormenting the Jewish People.

There is therefore nothing in this indicating that any kings of the north or south would be the Antichrist. This is an unnatural insertion, I believe, of a future event into an ancient, already-fulfilled event, which led to the NT era of Jewish Diaspora.
Dan.11:31 “And forces from him will arise, desecrate the sanctuary fortress, and do away with the regular sacrifice. And they will set up the abomination of desolation. 32 “And by smooth words he will turn to godlessness those who act wickedly toward the covenant, but the people who know their God will display strength and take action. 33 “And those who have insight among the people will give understanding to the many; yet they will fall by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plunder, for many days. 34 “Now when they fall they will be granted a little help, and many will join with them in hypocrisy. 35 “And some of those who have insight will fall, in order to refine, purge, and make them pure, until the end time; because it is still to come at the appointed time.
Dan. 12:1 “Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued. 2 “And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.
All of William Branham's visions and dreams were from the Holy Spirit. It is his teachings about the 7 churches being different ages and his teaching about Satan having sex with women and starting a lineage of unsaved that are wrong.
Though Branham was undoubtedly wrong in a number of eras, I have to admit I respect him after reading about him today. God apparently chose a humble man, with a background in poverty--a man who was honest and humble, who obeyed God's voice.

God chose to give him visions and made him a kind of John the Baptist, anticipating a final spiritual movement that is leading to the final apostasy and judgment in the age. I could be wrong, but if those 1933 7 visions are accurate, then he's indeed amazing!

I looked in vain to find those visions drawn up as an actual account from the 30s. All I got were interpretations in more recent times of what he "meant" back then. I'd love to hear an authentic account in its original form, if indeed he wrote it down at all?

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is a popular perspective, but I believe it makes a huge assumption. There is nothing whatsoever in the passage that mentions Antichrist--at all! Taken in context, the series of Egyptian and Syrian kings lead to Antiochus 4, who features at the end of ch. 11. Then in ch. 12 there is a sudden leap to the endtimes.

That appears to be because that was the time in history when Rome usurped the place of Antiochus, and the Greek heritage gave way to the Roman heritage, which ended Jewish worship under the Law and crucified Christ. This is the beginning of what we might call "the end times," or "the last days." It is the time when Jews temporarily lose their place in covenant with God until the nations have their opportunity with God through the covenant of Christ.

This is a time of "great tribulation" for the Jewish People until their final national salvation. And at the end of it the resurrection from the dead will take place, leading to a final determination regarding both righteous and wicked. Ch. 12 does mention the 3.5 years, associated with the 3.5 years of Antichrist's Reign in ch. 7. But it also closes with reference to the more immediate time of Antiochus 4, who loomed in the near future for the Jewish People. He would be destroyed after a 1290 day period of tormenting the Jewish People.

There is therefore nothing in this indicating that any kings of the north or south would be the Antichrist. This is an unnatural insertion, I believe, of a future event into an ancient, already-fulfilled event, which led to the NT era of Jewish Diaspora.

Though Branham was undoubtedly wrong in a number of eras, I have to admit I respect him after reading about him today. God apparently chose a humble man, with a background in poverty--a man who was honest and humble, who obeyed God's voice.

God chose to give him visions and made him a kind of John the Baptist, anticipating a final spiritual movement that is leading to the final apostasy and judgment in the age. I could be wrong, but if those 1933 7 visions are accurate, then he's indeed amazing!

I looked in vain to find those visions drawn up as an actual account from the 30s. All I got were interpretations in more recent times of what he "meant" back then. I'd love to hear an authentic account in its original form, if indeed he wrote it down at all?
Your insistence that the dream has already been fulfilled contradicts the scriptures about the time of the Antichrist found in Dan 11 and Dan 12. Your claim that the scriptures that pertain to the Antichrist do not is preposterous. This is supported by the fact that the vision continues into Dan 12, which refers to the great tribulation period and the resurrection. You need to stop listening to your opinions about the scriptures and return to the scriptures themselves in order to correct such obvious mistakes as you just posted.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This part you left out:

Then in the sixth vision there arose up in America a most beautiful, but cruel woman. She held the people in her complete power. I believed that this was the rise of the Roman Catholic Church, though I knew it could possibly be a vision of some woman rising in great power in America due to a popular vote by women.

Also is AOC the storm or the woman? 6 or 7? He didn't specify a name as he did with Hitler or Mussolini? Hitler and Mussolini were both known then.

Also Matthew 24 says that the whole world will fight each other before Christ returns.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your insistence that the dream has already been fulfilled contradicts the scriptures about the time of the Antichrist found in Dan 11 and Dan 12. Your claim that the scriptures that pertain to the Antichrist do not is preposterous. This is supported by the fact that the vision continues into Dan 12, which refers to the great tribulation period and the resurrection. You need to stop listening to your opinions about the scriptures and return to the scriptures themselves in order to correct such obvious mistakes as you just posted.
You need to recognize that your own view isn't the only legitimate view in town. Sound Christians have believed that the end of Dan 11 referred to Antiochus 4 for a long time. You're asserting your own view is true. Where's the argument?

Your argument runs something like this. The Bible begins at Creation and ends at the 2nd Coming. Therefore, the Bible's account of Creation is about the 2nd Coming, and everything in the Bible is about the 2nd Coming. ;)

Yes, Dan 12 mentions the 3.5 years of Antichrist's Reign. That does not mean Dan 11 is about Antichrist's Reign. That doesn't mean the 1290 days in Dan 12 is about Antichrist's Reign.

I gave you my reasons. Where are yours? Dan 11 tells a linear story of the relationship between the kings of the north and the kings of the south. They fit the history of the Syrian and Egyptian kings right after the time of Daniel. And Daniel had said Babylon would be followed by Persia, which would be followed by Greece.

In the account in Dan 11 of the king of the north, Antiochus 4 is confronted by a power who stifles his attempt to reconquer Egypt. In history, this was Rome. Therefore, Dan 11 covers all 4 empires that Daniel wrote about in Dan 2 and 7.

It is at this point that Daniel introduces elements of the endtimes, in particular the "great tribulation" of the Jewish People. In Dan 9 he had indicated that Messiah would be "cut off" and that the Army of a General, the "people of the prince to come," would destroy Jerusalem and the temple.

This signals the 70 AD destruction brought on Jerusalem by Rome in Jesus' generation. And it identifies the time of "great tribulation" being the Jewish Diaspora, which began after 70 AD.

But where is your argument? It does not take any of this into consideration. I've gotten all of this material from Christian scholars, and from comparing what is said in Daniel with what is said in the Olivet Discourse.

One Gospel author, in fact, refers us, in the Olivet Discourse, to Daniel to better understand what he meant. So I'm just following the Bible, brother.

But you want me to ignore how I see the Bible direct me? Why would you do that?

Last edited:

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This part you left out:

Then in the sixth vision there arose up in America a most beautiful, but cruel woman. She held the people in her complete power. I believed that this was the rise of the Roman Catholic Church, though I knew it could possibly be a vision of some woman rising in great power in America due to a popular vote by women.

Also is AOC the storm or the woman? 6 or 7? He didn't specify a name as he did with Hitler or Mussolini? Hitler and Mussolini were both known then.

Also Matthew 24 says that the whole world will fight each other before Christ returns.
I talked to William Branham's family members who continue to share his ministry. Catholicism is a religion not a woman. I have been waiting for the fulfillment of the woman in vision six and I am almost certain AOC is the fulfillment. I don't know where the idea of a storm came from. The seventh vision pertains to the judgment of Babylon the great, which Jesus revealed to me and sent me out to tell whoever will listen is the USA. If you read The Revelation you will see that the judgment of Babylon the great or the US occurs in the midst of the fighting you pointed out is described in Matt. 24. The earthquake John saw in Rev 16 will render the US defenseless to the point the Antichrist will form the fourth beast with the seven heads and ten horns and become Jesus's instrument of indignation towards Woke US an defeat the US militarily. I will be posting a thread about Babylon the great.

Vision Six:
Then there arose in the United States a most beautiful woman clothed in splendor, and great power was given to her. She was lovely of feature but there was a hardness about her that defied description. Beautiful as she was, she was yet cruel, wicked and cunning. She dominated the land with her authority; she had complete power over the people.

Vision Seven:
The voice bade him look once more. As he turned and beheld, a great explosion rent the entire land, and left the land of America a smoldering, chaotic ruin. As far as the eye could see there was naught but craters, smoking piles of debris, and no humanity in sight. The vision then faded away.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to recognize that your own view isn't the only legitimate view in town. Sound Christians have believed that the end of Dan 11 referred to Antiochus 4 for a long time. You're asserting your own view is true. Where's the argument?

Your argument runs something like this. The Bible begins at Creation and ends at the 2nd Coming. Therefore, the Bible's account of Creation is about the 2nd Coming, and everything in the Bible is about the 2nd Coming. ;)

Yes, Dan 12 mentions the 3.5 years of Antichrist's Reign. That does not mean Dan 11 is about Antichrist's Reign. That doesn't mean the 1290 days in Dan 12 is about Antichrist's Reign.

I gave you my reasons. Where are yours? Dan 11 tells a linear story of the relationship between the kings of the north and the kings of the south. They fit the history of the Syrian and Egyptian kings right after the time of Daniel. And Daniel had said Babylon would be followed by Persia, which would be followed by Greece.

In the account in Dan 11 of the king of the south, Antiochus 4 is confronted by a power who stifles his attempt to reconquer Egypt. In history, this was Rome. Therefore, Dan 11 covers all 4 empires that Daniel wrote about in Dan 2 and 7.

It is at this point that Daniel introduces elements of the endtimes, in particular the "great tribulation" of the Jewish People. In Dan 9 he had indicated that Messiah would be "cut off" and that the Army of a General, the "people of the prince to come," would destroy Jerusalem and the temple.

This signals the 70 AD destruction brought on Jerusalem by Rome in Jesus' generation. And it identifies the time of "great tribulation" being the Jewish Diaspora, which began after 70 AD.

But where is your argument? It does not take any of this into consideration. I've gotten all of this material from Christian scholars, and from comparing what is said in Daniel with what is said in the Olivet Discourse.

One Gospel author, in fact, refers us, in the Olivet Discourse, to Daniel to better understand what he meant. So I'm just following the Bible, brother.

But you want me to ignore how I see the Bible direct me? Why would you do that?
Again your claim is a blatant disregard for the scriptures below, which pertain to the Antichrist. I am not going to spend five hours gathering all the scriptures that correlate with the scriptures below, only for you to ignore them. You need to study the scriptures and gather them yourself to see if you are wrong or not, which the lack thereof is how you got yourself into the situation of being so utterly wrong to start with.
Dan 11:31 “And forces from him will arise, desecrate the sanctuary fortress, and do away with the regular sacrifice. And they will set up the abomination of desolation. 32 “And by smooth words he will turn to godlessness those who act wickedly toward the covenant, but the people who know their God will display strength and take action.
Dan. 11:36 “Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt and magnify himself above every god, and will speak monstrous things against the God of gods; and he will prosper until the indignation is finished, for that which is decreed will be done.
Dan. 12:1 “Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again your claim is a blatant disregard for the scriptures below, which pertain to the Antichrist. I am not going to spend five hours gathering all the scriptures that correlate with the scriptures below, only for you to ignore them. You need to study the scriptures and gather them yourself to see if you are wrong or not, which the lack thereof is how you got yourself into the situation of being so utterly wrong to start with.
You seem to be an angry man who is intolerant of the legitimate view of others, who are at least as Christian as you and at least as studied as you. You don't seem to have the discernment to know that I've been through all of this before?

I don't make this an issue of division among Christians. And yet your hostile words indicate a lack of attention to your Christian duty, which is to promote unity among Christians. Differences of opinion should not produce such hostility!

Your judgmentalism is evident. You think what I say is "preposterous" and suggest that I'm unstudied in this. You think I have a "blatant" disregard for the Scriptures, and indicate you shouldn't have to take the time to argue with someone you think is "unstudied" or careless with Scriptures.

But brother, before you throw out such wild accusations, you should be ready to defend yourself. Making excuses for not taking the time to prove your points betrays a serious interest in producing clear statements of truth on behalf of others--not just me!
Dan 11:31 “And forces from him will arise, desecrate the sanctuary fortress, and do away with the regular sacrifice. And they will set up the abomination of desolation. 32 “And by smooth words he will turn to godlessness those who act wickedly toward the covenant, but the people who know their God will display strength and take action.
Dan. 11:36 “Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt and magnify himself above every god, and will speak monstrous things against the God of gods; and he will prosper until the indignation is finished, for that which is decreed will be done.
Dan. 12:1 “Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued.
If all you can do is quote Scriptures, providing no arguments whatsoever, I rest my case--you have nothing to prove your claims. If you think explaining yourself takes "5 hours," then it sounds as if you haven't studied the subject well yourself?

Last edited: