The Fulness of Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We begin with a small deposit of grace...like a sample. This is the first deposit which is Christ in us the "hope" of glory (but not the glory itself). But to get the full measure we need to go to God...to seek His presence. We still need to enter INTO Christ. God will not give us the death and life of His Son unless we really want it. The life of Jesus comes with the death of Jesus...these cannot be separated. The work of the cross is that we lose everything that gets in the way of an intimate walk with God. But who wants that kind of intimacy with God? Not very many. Most just want to have some guarantee of salvation but WITHOUT actual contact with God.

So there is a difference between Christ in us and us entering into Christ. Many have received the free gift of grace...but few have gone to God for the full measure. Many are indeed called but few chosen.

Christ in us is the new divine nature. But that doesn't give us His perfect walk...and the grace which is the power over sin.

Then we put on the new man by entering into Christ. From there we cannot sin. We put on the new man which is already perfect and holy. So then we don't earn this victory...it is a gift of God...by faith. Grace through faith.

When we enter into Christ the new life within us is DRAWN out so that a spark becomes a flame. The life of God takes over in us so that it is no longer us...but Christ living through us.

Why doesn't God just give us the full grace at the outset? The cost...to enter Christ we need to let everything else go. We need to pass through His cross.

Because few want to surrender their lives and follow Christ...EVEN AFTER experiencing a taste of the Spirit. But some do....so God is very efficient in His ways.

If we taste of the Lord and love Him...then we will go get the whole measure. And we will keep going back.
Most who do enter will go in and out of the Spirit for many years before learning to remain. When we can remain we have achieved the full stature of Christ...looking only to Him.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We begin with a small deposit of grace...like a sample. This is the first deposit which is Christ in us the "hope" of glory (but not the glory itself). But to get the full measure we need to go to God...to seek His presence. We still need to enter INTO Christ. God will not give us the death and life of His Son unless we really want it. The life of Jesus comes with the death of Jesus...these cannot be separated. The work of the cross is that we lose everything that gets in the way of an intimate walk with God. But who wants that kind of intimacy with God? Not very many. Most just want to have some guarantee of salvation but WITHOUT actual contact with God.
where does it say scripturally that we begin with a small deposit of Grace?

Then we put on the new man by entering into Christ. From there we cannot sin. We put on the new man which is already perfect and holy. So then we don't earn this victory...it is a gift of God...by faith. Grace through faith.
where in scripture does it say we put on the new man only by entering into Christ?

When we enter into Christ the new life within us is DRAWN out so that a spark becomes a flame. The life of God takes over in us so that it is no longer us...but Christ living through us.
where does it say scripturally that as we enter into Christ the new life within us is drawn out so that a spark becomes flame?

Why doesn't God just give us the full grace at the outset? The cost...to enter Christ we need to let everything else go. We need to pass through His cross.
where does it say scripturally that God does not give us the full grace from the outset? also where does it say we need to give up everything in order to enter into Christ?

God bless

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

where in scripture does it say we put on the new man only by entering into Christ?

where does it say scripturally that as we enter into Christ the new life within us is drawn out so that a spark becomes flame?

where does it say scripturally that God does not give us the full grace from the outset? also where does it say we need to give up everything in order to enter into Christ?

God bless

The Bereans would check the scriptures for themselves after Paul spoke to them to see if indeed what he said was true. So I'm going to give you the same chance to prove yourself faithful and not slack expecting me to do all the work for you... :)

Reactions: faithfulness

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bereans would check the scriptures for themselves after Paul spoke to them to see if indeed what he said was true. So I'm going to give you the same chance to prove yourself faithful and not slack expecting me to do all the work for you... :)
if i knew where the scriptures were that could prove your points i would not of asked. also since what you said is unscriptural to my knowledge is why i asked for scripture to see if what you say is the truth or not.

God bless

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if i knew where the scriptures were that could prove your points i would not of asked. also since what you said is unscriptural to my knowledge is why i asked for scripture to see if what you say is the truth or not.

God bless

I see. How can you know if something is unscriptural before looking things up? What knowledge do you have of scripture?

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see. How can you know if something is unscriptural before looking things up? What knowledge do you have of scripture?
ok last time if you do not want to post and support your points then this discussion is over. this is your starting post which should mean that what you say is true. but here we on this forum most people agree that there statements must be scriptural. i am guessing that since you are not posting scripture that you have none to support the questions i asked in post #2. also why should i post any scripture to support your points when i do not even believe they are scriptural. i am here to learn if my views are correct by reading what others say to see if my beliefs are sound. if you cannot prove your points or cast shadow of a doubt on what i believe then i know i am on the right track.

God bless

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ok last time if you do not want to post and support your points then this discussion is over. this is your starting post which should mean that what you say is true. but here we on this forum most people agree that there statements must be scriptural. i am guessing that since you are not posting scripture that you have none to support the questions i asked in post #2. also why should i post any scripture to support your points when i do not even believe they are scriptural. i am here to learn if my views are correct by reading what others say to see if my beliefs are sound. if you cannot prove your points or cast shadow of a doubt on what i believe then i know i am on the right track.

God bless

As I said before...it is on you to check out the post for it's integrity with the bible. All my statements are scriptural and true. If you ever want to know the scriptures...now's the chance. Otherwise you just think what you think is scriptural...but without any knowledge to that effect.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is pretty weak.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is pretty weak.

2 Cor. 12:9 But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me.

But so is the easy demand to provide verses for every single thing I said. I may as well just post random verses. So until I get an informed question...how can I give an informed answer.

Unless the culture here is based on chapter verse but without any kind of understanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But so is the easy demand to provide verses for every single thing I said. I may as well just post random verses. So until I get an informed question...how can I give an informed answer.

Unless the culture here is based on chapter verse but without any kind of understanding.
You were asked specific questions about WHERE you got certain information from, and you don't seem to know where you got it from.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Acys 17:11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

You don't find Paul or Jesus for that matter giving chapter and verse...we are to encourage people to read the bible for themselves not just spoon-feed people and expect chapter and verse to replace understanding.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where is the scriptural support for giving chapter and verse when speaking the truth? You won't find it in the bible...

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Practice, practice, practice....Being still...emptying your cup, going to that Secret Place inside for hours on end sitting in stillness where Grace, or the Holy Spirit or God Himself, or Divine Insights
are invited to come...the welcome mat in the heart has been rolled out waiting for His Divine Love like palms upturned waiting for a few drops of water...for hours.
My experience.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why doesn't God just give us the full grace at the outset?
Almost every epistle in the NT begins with grace and peace from God and from the Lord Jesus Christ. So the fulness of grace is received from the outset and it is undeserved.

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. [or grace upon grace]. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. (John 1:16,17).

To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom 1:7)

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know @Episkopos is using scripture and his OP I find clear.

For example. The ‘initial’ grace is given to us as new converts – newbies in Christ. We have 'tasted' AND 'swallowed' grace, the true life of the spirit and this is our seal of approval from God.

Scripture speaks of receiving ‘grace upon grace’ as we walk in Christ’s spirit (entering into Christ- we are one in his spirit) provided by God. Yes, God is the provider of more grace.

(Joh 1:16) Of his fullness we all received, with grace upon grace.
(Joh 1:17) For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
(Rom 5:17) " For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned on account of the one man; much more shall they that receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life on account of the one man, Jesus Christ. "
(Rom 5:20) " Now the law was added to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace increased all the more, "
(Rom 12:3) " For I say, through the grace that was given me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, accordingly as God has dealt to each man a measure of faith. "
(1Co 15:10) But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than all of them. Yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
(Jas 4:6) But He gives more grace. Wherefore the scripture said: God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. (NEV)

We must desire, from the heart to want more grace to keep growing or be given more grace, faith as we a shaped in a likeness of Christ. God will help this desire as we cooperate in the ‘walk’ to the prize.

We understand, experience, and live with more grace the more we give ourselves to Christ (his body and blood) and in his death and resurrection.

Yes, the complete surrender of our lives to commune with Christ’s spirit continuously is the ultimate goal, and this is completed at our own glorification in the future. Not all will be at the same state of grace or faith before their glorification. Scripture indicates a ranking order of saints based on the degree of our likeness of Christ in this life.

Blessing to all,

APAK

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know @Episkopos is using scripture and his OP I find clear.

For example. The ‘initial’ grace is given to us as new converts – newbies in Christ. We have 'tasted' AND 'swallowed' grace, the true life of the spirit and this is our seal of approval from God.

Scripture speaks of receiving ‘grace upon grace’ as we walk in Christ’s spirit (entering into Christ- we are one in his spirit) provided by God. Yes, God is the provider of more grace.

(Joh 1:16) Of his fullness we all received, with grace upon grace.
(Joh 1:17) For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
(Rom 5:17) " For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned on account of the one man; much more shall they that receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life on account of the one man, Jesus Christ. "
(Rom 5:20) " Now the law was added to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace increased all the more, "
(Rom 12:3) " For I say, through the grace that was given me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, accordingly as God has dealt to each man a measure of faith. "
(1Co 15:10) But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than all of them. Yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
(Jas 4:6) But He gives more grace. Wherefore the scripture said: God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. (NEV)

We must desire, from the heart to want more grace to keep growing or be given more grace, faith as we a shaped in a likeness of Christ. God will help this desire as we cooperate in the ‘walk’ to the prize.

We understand, experience, and live with more grace the more we give ourselves to Christ (his body and blood) and in his death and resurrection.

Yes, the complete surrender of our lives to commune with Christ’s spirit continuously is the ultimate goal, and this is completed at our own glorification in the future. Not all will be at the same state of grace or faith before their glorification. Scripture indicates a ranking order of saints based on the degree of our likeness of Christ in this life.

Blessing to all,

APAK

A very good post.

And how do we get more grace? By going to God. That's the whole point of it. We are to go to God by faith in order to receive more grace. We are to have a personal contact with the living God..as the saints of old. We are to have a personal relationship. That is what God expects us to seek.

Heb. 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless

The small deposit of grace question - faith is like a mustard seed. It is the smallest of seeds but grows into a huge tree. (my paraphrase).

Your second question - Paul tells us to put off the old man and put on the new man which is in Christ. (my paraphrase).

Your third question: Paul spoke to Timothy and told him to fan into flames the gift he had been given (my paraphrase).

Your last question - In many places paul spoke of growing in grace, increasing.

Reactions: faithfulness