The gifts of the Spirit are all designed to get you listening to Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to think these are two different things, and they are not.

For a person to not understand that reading the Scriptures and hearing from the Lord are 2 different thing, shows they don't hear from the Lord!!

It is like thinking going to class and reading the text book are the same thing,

That does not mean the Teacher does not ask the students to read and study the text book, but if they were the same thing then who needs to go to class?

So what are we reading we a person writes:

allow yourself to be taught by the Bible

The Bible is not alive to teach you!! Have you not even read that they will all be taught of God???

Jn 6:45 “It is written in the prophets, ‘AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

So you are right by noting if you are in communion with God, it will show in your walk and in your talk! But you are wrote to think the Bible will explain that to you, because you didn't get the explanation?

Did you not see how John told the Pharisees:

Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

And Jesus said John was right to do that and pointed to the white washed tombs!

Mat 23:27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.

When you are in communion with God, it will show in your walk, and in your talk. The Bible will explain that to you.

You still do not get it! It is not the Bible that explains things to you, but the Lord our God Jesus Christ who explains things to you, but only if you listen to Him!

And you don't understand because you don't listen, which can be seen when you write things like, "The Bible will explain". and "allow yourself to be taught of the Bible"

You own words testify against you - that you don't know Him, don't listen to Him, and you are not taught by Jesus Christ!!

If you would have repented then you would have stopped leaning on your own understanding and actually started seeking Jesus Christ for understanding, teachings, and explanations.

He would have told you things like:

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

WHEN WE TALK TO GOD, GOD TALKS TO US……. WHEN WE LISTEN TO GOD, GOD LISTENS TO US!

THE BEST LISTENERS MAKE THE BEST TEACHERS.

SHOULDN’T YOU HEAR FROM A MAN YOU’RE JUDGING WORTHY OF DEATH AND EXAMINE WHETHER THERE IS TRUTH IN WHAT HE SAYS. SO IT IS THAT I HAVE MADE HEARING FROM ME THE VERY THINGS THAT GIVES YOU ETERNAL LIFE.

WE DON’T HAVE UNDERSTANDING BECAUSE WE DON’T READ THE BIBLE WITH UNDERSTANDING, BUT OUR UNDERSTANDING…. UNDERSTAND???

THE SCRIPTURES ARE RIGHT, BUT THEY ARE NOT RIGHTEOUS. THEY HAVE NO ABILITY TO ACT. THEY ARE NOT ALIVE, BUT THE WORD OF GOD IS ALIVE AND ACTIVE.

WE DON’T USE THE LORD TO PREACH THE SCRIPTURES; WE USE THE SCRIPTURES TO PREACH THE LORD!!

Those are how He actually sounds as He gives you understanding about what you read in the Bible. And the Bible backs it all up!

Did you not read:

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

So you think the Scriptures teach you instead of Jesus Christ, according to what you wrote! So then we know that you are still shut up under sin, according to what is written, and have not gotten the promise by faith in Jesus Christ which is given to those who believe!

But you could get it, if you just repent of your ways (that means leaning on your own understand) and open up to Jesus Christ and hear from Him! (See Rev 3:19,20)

If and when that happens your walk and talk will reflect it, because you will start talking about He is the Teacher who teaches you, and He is the One who gives you explanations, not only of the Bible but also about all the things going on around you. You will also stop considering yourself to be that wonderful whitewashed person, but will understand more like Paul who wrote:

Rom 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?

and also Rom 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

That is because when you spend a lot of time talking to our Lord Jesus Christ, you become acutely aware of the difference between Him and you. If indeed you have spent some time walking and talking with Him, you become more aware of how far off we are from being like Him. And that means a lot of considering and finally coming to the conclusion that you have not achieved, nor are going to, but you press onward to try to be better and that by trying to listen to Him more and more and more. Still, it is not that you achieve what He has achieved; and Jesus achieved living by doing and saying only what His Father tells Him, Jesus did not live by the Scriptures, He lived by every word that proceeds out of God, and that is why He is the Word of God. He has always been the Word of God, so He was the One who talk Malichi to write:

Mal 2:3 “And now this commandment is for you, O priests. “If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart. “Behold, I am going to rebuke your offspring, and I will spread refuse on your faces, the refuse of your feasts; and you will be taken away with it.

Note: It does not read "If you do not read and study", but read and study so that you will know to listen!!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a reason all the gifts of the spirit are designed to get us to listen to THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OR LORD (Jesus Christ) and that reason is that we don't listen to Him!!

People tend to close off their spiritual ears, eyes, and other spiritual senses least they get reproved by God!

We do not want God, or anyone for that matter, telling us what to do and showing us how we are wrong!! We want to do and think what we want to do and think. Oh- we want to think good of ourselves, but really we are selfish, and want to be self determined!

And yet the Lord our God, Jesus Christ, loves us. He loves us because He made us. He also made with the ability to decide for ourselves. So if He made us like that He does not want to change that, but for our own good He wants us seeking Him for wonderful counseling, and seeking Him for our Teachers, and knowing Him personally as the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

So are we following Him as our Lord, or ourselves as our lord?

Are we thinking that we are even smarter that God?

All too often I find "Christians" who say things like "I am following the Bible.", and "I believe in Jesus Christ", but they don't seek Him and listen to Him!! Otherwise they would have been saying, "I am following Jesus Christ", and "I know Jesus Christ."

They couldn't say things like "The Bible teaches me", because they would know Jesus Christ is the Teacher who teaches them.

They couldn't say, "The Bible is the Word of God", because they know that the words of God come to them personally via Jesus Christ.

And because they know Jesus Christ personally, they would know that the Bible was written to lead them to Him, and Him as their Lord, Teacher, Wonderful Counselor, Eternal Father, and their good friend who loves them. They would know that He is the Great I Am, so they could not be thinking that He is not around to lead us and instruct us!

So they would not be saying, you got to read the Bible, because they would be saying you got to hear from the Lord our God Jesus Christ. And they would know and understand that He, as The Teacher, is going to give them assignments to read out of His textbook. If they listen to Him, He will reprove them if they are not reading and studying the Bible like He asks them. Yet He will also know what He asks them, so it is not about the reading but about the hearing and obeying!

Still, we don't want to follow Him by listening to what the Great I Am has to say to us, so many tell themselves that He is either dead or in a far-off place called heaven. They just can not get themselves to believe that God is really there to have a conversation with. So He get cleaver, and gives them gifts through His Holy Spirit which are to encourage them to seek Him and what He has to say to them. Those gifts are good, because they are from God, but even then they don't desire to hear from Him, so they don't desire the gifts of the Spirit!

The other day I was working at a prayer room, where people sometimes come into for a quite place where they can talk to the Lord. A very nice person came in, spent some time in the room and was about to leave when suddenly the Lord started talking to me about how that person needed to pray in tongues. He explained to me that they had come in to pray for something important, but they didn't know how to pray for it. So I talk to that person, found out that they had been given the ability to believe God to pray through them in tongues, but He was right. That person had some important and specific things to pray for. They even had it written down, but they did not use the gift she had been given, and had not sought Him for how to pray. When I went over it with that person it became apparent to them that they should have and would do so in the car on the way home.

The gifts of the Spirit are important, and they will all lead you to actually seeking Him and listening to Him!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You own words testify against you - that you don't know Him, don't listen to Him, and you are not taught by Jesus Christ!!
You judge what you don't know. Be it on your head. Obviously you aren't getting His message.

But enough of this silliness!

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You judge what you don't know. Be it on your head. Obviously you aren't getting His message.

Much love!
I'm sorry you received condemnation from him.
I no longer engage; we are ants to his giant !
Thank God we serve the real judge, who knows the hearts of all men, even those of ppl who think they keep something hidden.
Chin up, brother; our redemption draws ever nearer.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Again - you just don't understand, and that because you don't listen to Him!!

Where you think I am judging you I am not. I am actually trying to help you - and that by pointing you to Jesus Christ!!

And that is what the Holy Spirit is doing also!! But we don't listen, so we don't have understanding!!

You see, Jesus Christ is Understanding, and to get Him into our lives we have to listen to Him!!! (Rev 3:20)

If you were listening to Him you would understand that I am trying to get you to listen to Him!! And you would then appreciate the message about listening to Him and view it as encouragement, but even your viewing it as judgment means the Holy Spirit is convicting you for not listening to Jesus Christ, and that is what sin is! All unrighteousness is sin, and the right thing to do always comes from listening to the Lord, because He is who says what is right or wrong, even down to the smallest detail.

Yet if you just believe in Him, then He can get through to you as needed and can accomplish in you what He needs. So just your belief in Him is counted to you as righteousness. Still, faith comes from hearing Him so if you don't hear Him you don't have faith and do works of faith but works according to you own understanding.

When that happens, will act differently, and speak differently.

A Chrisitan who falls away from Him (stops listening to Him) starts making the Sacred writings "The Word of God" instead of Him, because they don't make it about listening to Him by faith, but rather reading their Bible and say that is hearing from Him. He will have you read the Sacred Text, and that to teach your from them, but He is the Teacher who talks to us, and not even yourself.

He will back up the Sacred Texts by what He tells you and give you proper understanding of them, but if you have gotten that proper understanding, you will understand the Sacred Texts were written to tell you to listen to Him!! You will then understand that He is Understanding, meaning that understanding comes from listening to Him and not by leaning on your own understanding.

It should be easy to just say, 'listen to Him', and for someone to just seek Him and hear what He has to say to them, but if a person is dull of hearing it is extremely hard to explain. Any they are dull of hearing because with their ears they don't hear! This is all explained in the Bible, if you happened to have read it!

Mat 13:15 FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES,
OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.'

Isaiah had written it, and Jesus pointed to what Isaiah had written, thereby trying to explain this same thing to the people then, but they didn't understand and thought Jesus Christ was judging them - when He was honestly trying to help them by explaining that they needed to start hearing with their spiritual ears!! He was honestly trying to help them, but they thought He was judging them!

Jn 12:47 “If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

Do you not see that Jesus was trying to get people to hear Him, and that is what He has me also trying to do - get people to hear His sayings. But it you have hear Him then you have saying He told you, right? Things like:

SHOULDN’T YOU HEAR FROM A MAN YOU’RE JUDGING WORTHY OF DEATH AND EXAMINE WHETHER THERE IS TRUTH IN WHAT HE SAYS. SO IT IS THAT I HAVE MADE HEARING FROM ME THE VERY THINGS THAT GIVES YOU ETERNAL LIFE.

WHEN WE TALK TO GOD, GOD TALKS TO US……. WHEN WE LISTEN TO GOD, GOD LISTENS TO US!

WE HEAR WISDOM, BUT IS IT THE HEARING OR THE ACTING UPON IT THAT MAKES A MAN WISE?

And if you have heard those types of saying from Him, did you still not realize that it is hearing from Him that is the important thing?

So you read the Bible with the saying He spoke to others like:

Prov 1:2 To know wisdom and instruction,
To discern the sayings of understanding,

Prov 1:5 A wise man will hear and increase in learning,
And a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel,

Prov 1:8 Hear, my son, your father’s instruction
And do not forsake your mother’s teaching;

Yet you didn't understand that it was about hearing from our Lord Jesus Christ???

And so Him, being Understanding, sent His Holy Spirit with gifts that if desired would cause you to turn to Him and listen!

If you speak in a language you do not understand, do you not desire then to get understanding from the Lord our God, Jesus Christ?
If you are get a word of knowledge, do you not have to get it from the Lord our God, Jesus Christ?
It you going to get prophecy, do you not have to get if from the Lord our God, Jesus Christ?

Even if you want to get healing for a person, do you not need to turn Him who said 'I am the Lord who heals you', and get information from Him?

And again, if you have heard from Him yourself, was it not explained to you by Him:

Since He is the teacher, and if you want to even give a teaching to someone, then do you not have to listen to The Teacher to get the teaching? Still, do what He says and not what you think best.

As for me. He asked me to preach the Word of God and that to mean Him. And He sends me hear to post. The thread was His idea and the explanation for how all the gifts of the Spirit are designed to get us to listen to Him, was explained to me by Him. Yet it was also explained to me that they would not listen to Him because they were unwilling to listen to Him, just like He told Ezekeil.

Eze 3:7 yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. Surely the whole house of Israel is stubborn and obstinate.

If you were willing to listen to Him you would surely be willing to listen to me explaining that we need to listen to Him, but you don't except my testimony, just like it is written:

Jn 3:11 “Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God we serve the real judge, who knows the hearts of all men, even those of ppl who think they keep something hidden.
To the trenches dear friend . The lambs are gonna stay glued to the scriptures of our LORD . man gonna do as man gonna do
but lambs gonna do as CHRIST JESUS sayeth . TO THE LORD be the GLORY and to the LORD be the praise .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the trenches dear friend . The lambs are gonna stay glued to the scriptures of our LORD . man gonna do as man gonna do
but lambs gonna do as CHRIST JESUS sayeth . TO THE LORD be the GLORY and to the LORD be the praise .

We follow Jesus Christ and that because we hear His voice, so the Word of God (Jesus Christ) we preach is found near you, in your mouth and heart if you have the Holy Spirit sent to you with His words - but there were those that don't believe what they read in the Scriptures!! How then are they going to hear His words if they don't believe the Sacred Writings?

Jn 5: 45, 47“For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.
“But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Rom 10:5-9 For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness.
But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”
But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

"Staying glued to the scriptures" is not the same thing and listening to Jesus Christ as your Lord.

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Yeah - He will most certainly have you read and study them, so that He can teach you, and even use the Scriptures to help tell people about Him - if you can read and they are available. Abraham didn't have the Scriptures, but knew the Lord and is often thought of as the father of faith. Noah didn't have the Scriptures but knew the Lord and followed His instructions. Enoch didn't have the Scriptures but walked with the Lord. Moses didn't have the Scriptures but knew the Lord and brought the Israelite out of Egypt. But they were a stubborn people, who said 'Let God not speak to us'. They said they would do what the Lord told Moses, and the Law was given to Him and the books of Moses yet of them Moses himself wrote that they would perish like the nations before them because they would not listen!

So you read the Scriptures and miss all this, and say you are going to stay glued to the Scriptures but refuse to listen to the voice of the Lord??

Sounds like those Jesus spoke to and said:

Jn 8:47 “He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”

Never-the-less Jesus also said:

REv 3:20-22 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. ‘He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. ‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”

So maybe there is a chance even for those who think they need to stayed glued to the Scriptures instead of hearing from Jesus Christ our Lord, via His Holy Spirit? Or maybe not, and I am just told to preach Him as the Word of God so they will have not excuse on that day?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is not condemnation for the in Jesus Christ!!!

But if indeed a person is in Jesus Christ and He is in them, then they hear from Him!!

If indeed you hear from Him then you will make hearing from Him the important part of your life, because He, Jesus Christ the Lord our God, is just that important! It is in fact hearing from Him that gives us life! And that takes faith that He is there to be heard from, because His words are spirit, and come to us via His Holy Spirit.

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

So if I point this out to them, and what they are saying shows they are not hearing from Him, then am I condemning them or helping them to seek the Lord by faith and hear from Him?

Yet if you say that it is ok for them to not seek Him and hear from Him; is it not you who is condemning them to eternal death? So who is hearing from whom? Yet the Lord our God does not all this, for the very next verse after the above is:

Jn 6:64 “But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.

He indeed does know who hears from Him and who does not! And He knows who is actually betraying Him and who is not!!

Still, because He has made all things He cares for them and thus the work of God is that all should come to know Him!

Which is why He tells me personally to come here and preach the Word of God (meaning that we need to listen to Him). If you or others are feeling condemnation by that message, then that is not Him but you might need to feel convicted from that message so that you will turn back to Him.

There is a difference between being convicted of you sin, and that is your not hearing from Him and doing what He asks, and condemnation!! Do you not know that?

Never-the-less: He still knows and a day will come when those who do not receive the conviction of their sins which the Holy Spirit bring, so that they might indeed turn back to our Lord Jesus Christ and listen to Him, will find themselves in a day of judgement. Yet if anyone is reading what I write, and the message He asks me to bring, then is there not still time for them to repent and actually start seeking Hin and what He has to say to them?

I bring a message of hope that the condemnation can still be avoided! But I will not lie to them and tell them, "Thank God we serve the real judge", when they are not listening to Him by faith. Indeed, we all need to listen to Him more, even on that day called "Today".

Yet this thread was about how the gifts of the Spirit are meant to get us to listen to Him - so why are they upset with that message? Is it not written to desire the gifts? So who is has not desired the gifts? Is it not those who do not listen to Him?

They say they follow the Bible, but they don't seek after the gifts like is explained in the Bible! So they don't listen to Him like the Bible explains! And since the gifts of the Spirit were design to get them to seek the voice of the Lord they don't hear from Him like they should. So they don't even follow the instructions in the Bible like they say!

Therefore, seek the gifts of the Holy Spirit, because they will help you seek the voice of the Lord our God, and by that you will be saved and avoid the condemnation which awaits those who do not listen to Him!! And if that message make you fell convicted, then good. That is solved by actually turning to Him and finding out what He has to say to you!!

One of the most common things I hear from the Lord when I seek Him is, "Karl, I need to talk to you."

Like others, I get busy going about the things I think I need to do. He even gave me a business to run and that takes time. And it is easy for me to get going about running that business and stop listening to Him. Still, I try to turn my ears back to Him through out the day, and when I do sometimes He tells me "It's ok", but often He says, "Karl, I need to talk to you." So I have to slow down and ask Him, "Ok, what do you want to talk to me about Lord?"

And so it is that I hear from Him about a dozen different times during the day. I confess, it should be more. Yet if someone tells me that we need to listen to Him, I say amen and usually open up my ears to Him again to find out if I am "ok" at that moment of if He tells me, "Karl, I need to talk to you." So if there is a bit of conviction from what another person saying we need to hear from Him, I embarrass it and it cause me to turn back to the Lord. It is a good thing and encouraging for me. Is it not written:

Heb 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

What were those old-time fire and brimstone preachers up to, when they yelled out "REPENT"? Were they condemning the people or convicting the people of their sins. Were that from God or not? And what did we read in the Bible?

Jer 8:4 “You shall say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD,
“Do men fall and not get up again?
Does one turn away and not repent?

Eze 18:30 “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, each according to his conduct,” declares the Lord GOD. “Repent and turn away from all your transgressions, so that iniquity may not become a stumbling block to you.

Mat 3:2 “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Mat 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach and say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Yeah - I too bring a message saying "Repent", because the King and His kingdom of heaven is at hand!

That is conviction, but a day of judgement will follow for those who do not listen to Him!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the day i do see you agreeing with him This lamb gonna rebuke you big time before all .
IF you ever see me agreeing with him , DO THE SAME . Lambs dont let lambs heed those who try and seduce folks
out of the scriptures and into the idea of feelings . WE STAYING GLUED IN THE BIBLE SISTER , no matter
HOW hated we are for doing so and reminding others to do so . BIBLE TIME . we test all against it .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the day i do see you agreeing with him This lamb gonna rebuke you big time before all .
IF you ever see me agreeing with him , DO THE SAME . Lambs dont let lambs heed those who try and seduce folks
out of the scriptures and into the idea of feelings . WE STAYING GLUED IN THE BIBLE SISTER , no matter
HOW hated we are for doing so and reminding others to do so . BIBLE TIME . we test all against it .

The "Lamb" if not the wolf in sheep's clothing but the Jesus Christ who is the Word of God, does not rebuke you for seeking Him and what He has to say to you personally for listening to Him and listening to Him.

Yet that snake of old whose first recorded words were, "Did God really say", does not want you seeking the our Lord Jesus Christ, the Word of God, and listening to Him! The snake is the spirit that says, "WE STAYING GLUED IN THE BIBLE SISTER". because he that snake to this day is saying "Did God really say", in one way or another!

The Holy Spirit says "Hear, O Israel", but who listens?

Ps 81: 8-13 “Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you;
O Israel, if you would listen to Me!
“Let there be no strange god among you;
Nor shall you worship any foreign god.
“I, the LORD, am your God,
Who brought you up from the land of Egypt;
Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.
“But My people did not listen to My voice,
And Israel did not obey Me.
“So I gave them over to the stubbornness of their heart,
To walk in their own devices.
“Oh that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!

They can stay glued to their Bible, but Christians hear His voice and follow Him, Jesus Christ our Lord, just like we are told to do in the Bible!!

They can't understand this because they don't actually believe in Him, Jesus Christ our Lord. They say in their hearts that He is either dead or in a far off place called heaven and perhaps will return some day. That is not the Word of God we are preaching!

Rom 10: 6 -8 But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down),
or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”
But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the important thing is, when you hear from God: you hear inspired words!

(That's how you tell if they are from God or not, are they inspired?)

Reactions: Karl Peters

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the important thing is, when you hear from God: you hear inspired words!

A hint on whether or not GOD inspired them . cause beware satan inspires too , but tis the wrong kind of inspiration .
SO here is the huge clue . IF WHAT gets said CONTRADICTS the HOLY SCRIPTURES , IT AINT COMING FROM GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I kind of like this post. :)

The things it that when the Lord tells you something He knows what it is going to accomplish, and so He does inspire us, whether we know it or not!!

That other part to this is that His thoughts are not our thoughts!!!! His ways are not our ways!!!

So do you know, really know, if it is and how it is that He has inspired you????

That is the problem with making the statement above! Certainly He inspired something in you when He spoke to you, but that does not mean that you know what it is or even that you know you were inspired!!!!

And the beauty of the whole thing is that when you actually listen to Him, the above is what you wind up figuring out!! That His thoughts are not your thoughts and His ways are not your ways!! You find our from actually getting to know Him, that as high as the heavens are above the earth so are His ways beyond your ways!! And the post, while I really like it, also shows a bit of ignorance about this.

Still, the post also shows that Gottservant is also aware of times when the Lord did inspire em. And for all I know, even that faith might be enough. Still, we should want to seek Him and listen to the Lord our God more.

Let me see if I can give you an example.

See if this is not a good example:

One day I was working my business at my computer at home, when the Lord told me to go to the bathroom. I heard Him, but I didn't need to go to the bathroom, and I told Him so. Then instantly I had to go. I guess I was "inspired to go", you might say. But for what silly reason was He telling me this. My guess was that He wanted to talk to me about something and I was too busy working to hear Him. So I figured He wanted me in a quite place to tell me something. But I didn't really get anything from Him while I went to the bathroom> what was that then?

Yet that night I went to a Bible study I was attending regularly at that time. The man at whose house it was being held told everyone that night at the Bible study 'that God does not tell you unimportant things, like when to go to the bathroom'

That explained it. The Lord earlier that day had told me to go to the bathroom just so I could reprove that type of thinking that goes on in the church!!!! And I did. I told everyone at the study that indeed the Lord might tell you even when to go to the bathroom, because He had done that exact things earlier that day to me, and obviously the reason was to reprove that poor thinking!!

YOU AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE LORD IS UPTO!!!!

YOU AND I MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND NOR CAN OR SHOULD WE DICTATE TO THE LORD OUR GOD WHAT HE CAN AND CAN NOT DO!!!

Reactions: Gottservant

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A hint on whether or not GOD inspired them . cause beware satan inspires too , but tis the wrong kind of inspiration .
SO here is the huge clue . IF WHAT gets said CONTRADICTS the HOLY SCRIPTURES , IT AINT COMING FROM GOD .

I read, see, and hear this misunderstanding soooooo many times in and around the church it is amazing!!

The Lord does not match up to the Scriptures, the Scriptures match up to the Lord!!!!

You see 'amigo de christo' has is completely backwards!!!!!

The reason he has it backwards is because he does not seek the Lord and what He has to say about the Scriptures, but instead he leans on his own understanding!! And did he not read about that being a mistake??

Prov 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.

He probably read the above scriptures at sometime, but he didn't believe they were important so as to take the advice that was written by king Solomon.

See in the post who fearful he is of Satan??

He is worried that if someone seeks our Lord Jesus Christ they will wind up hearing from Satan. So he doesn't believed that if we seek the Lord Jesus Christ and thus "acknowledge Him" and that He is there to be heard from. That is because he does not actually believe in Jesus Christ. He doesn't understand that Jesus Christ is the Great I AM, the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OR LORDS, and THE WORD OF GOD.

He might read:

Luke 11: 9-13 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
“Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he?
“Or if he is asked for an egg, he will not give him a scorpion, will he?
“If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?”

Instead he believes that if you ask for Jesus Christ you will get a snake, and if you want the Holy Spirit bringing you words for the Lord you will get a scorpion coming and stinging you.

He reads but he has no understanding, because he does "acknowledge Him", the Lord Jesus Christ but instead leans on his own understanding! Too many Christians are doing that!! He is far from alone in that regard. People, the Word of God (Jesus Christ) that we preach is near you!! Believing that is believing in Jesus Christ!!