The gifts of the Spirit are all designed to get you listening to Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which means what exactly?

Back it up with God’s Living word please?..thanks.
There are so many voices it seems in this world and yet what i say to one i say to all
IF ANY VOICE cometh and preaches or teaches CONTRARY to BIBLICAL DOCTRINE , ITS of darkness
and has come to lead one astray through deception .
What is the working of the serpent one might ask , TO PLANT DOUBT in WHAT GOD HAS SAID . always remember that .
Cause the serpent is fast at work in these last hours .
And many do his bidding too . They have crept in .
So lets remember the example given us in genesis .
There once was a man and his wife named adam and eve .
GOD had told adam not to eat of that tree cause in the day ye do ye shall surely die .
And eve had even quoated the pure and holy truth of what GOD had said to the serpent .
To which the sepent then replied , YE SHALL NOT SURELY DIE
and eve made a deadly and dangerous mistake . SHE BELIEVED THE SERPENT , NOT GOD .
and thus , well they died indeed .
SO now allow me a very dire important reminder .
JESUS Once said to a man named nichodemus
that GOD so LOVED the WORLD that HE sent HIS only begotten SON into the WORLD
that all who do BELIEVE would be saved .
That all who hear and reject WOULD be damned .
YET many who do the serpents bidding now say , NAY NAY ye nor they shall be damned if they believe not .
WHICH ONE YOU GONNA BELIEVE . As for ME ITS GOD its CHRIST . let us be not as adam and eve
and be beleiving men who contradict WHAT JESUS HIMSELF said . Be encouraged
but i am wore out and very tired of watching a false love take captive so many right into a lie that simply WONT SAVE THEM
but WILL END THEM .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We HEAR God when we read & study the word of God !
Seems you mean something outside of what God has said in his word.
If voices ppl hear saying such & such unto them cannot be verified in the word of God, then a deep trying of the spirits is needed!
Correct my dear sister .
Thus if anyone cometh and also tries to remove any of those reminders , including the warnings and the dire need
to continue IN CHRIST , WE WONT BE HEEDING the direction they trying to lead us into.
For again many can come and yet they preach another jesus , one created in the image of their own doctrines and precepts .
AND LAMBS WONT HEED NO SUCH ONES . Lambs gonna READ N HEED what was long ago written down in that bible .
CAUSE GOD INSPIRED IT . that alone should have ended the rebuttals of those who do oppose . sadly IT DONT
they clamor only madly down on the precepts of men and at most they use the bible to JUISTFY MENS PRECEPTS
and not to simply teach the WHOLE RIGHTLY DIVIDED TRUTH OF IT . lambs wont be heeding them . Now raise
those hands , CHRIST JESUS Is with the lambs . HE is our hope and our salvation
The voice of the GREAT SHEPARD of the sheep is the VOICE the lambs do heed .
AND THAT VOICE WILL NEVER CONTRADICT THE TRUTH WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE . IF it do , IT AINT HIS VOICE .
Lambs know this too and thus they wont be a heeding truth twisters at all .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
but i am wore out and very tired of watching a false love take captive so many right into a lie that simply WONT SAVE THEM
but WILL END THEM
Only God can save , through the Spirit.

We must be Born Again...period....not think we are.....only God can testify with our spirit that we are his children.....he does it through the Living word/ Holy Spirit.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And i will send the COMFORTER and he shall REMIND you of all things I HAVE SAID .
take note JESUS DIDNT SAY and HE shall remind you of things that contradict what i have said . CAUSE MANY MEN
sure seem to be a heeding a voice that does that and yet they claim its coming from SPIRIT filled men . IT AINT , its a delusion .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We hear through the Living Holy Spirit....if he speaks to our spirit in the Spirit...then we check it out with scripture.

God is not a book...that’s his word...God is very much Alive and speaks to his children, through the Living Holy Spirit....who testifies his truth with our spirit...my opinion.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God can save , through the Spirit.

We must be Born Again...period....not think we are.....only God can testify with our spirit that we are his children.....he does it through the Living word/ Holy Spirit.
No one argues we must be born again . WHO do you THINK put such a love for reading the bible into my heart . GOD DID .
And folks need to examine to see if its truly JESUS they be following or has it been a jesus created of men .
Thus we bess get busy in bibles is all i can say . REAL busy in bibles . cause rita
many who have NOT BEEN born again are actually LEADING MANY CHURCHES RIGHT NOW . THOSE we must not sit under .
Yet many do . yet many do . Something is not right at all . Something has come in , crept into even houses
who have called themselves christain . And this something has appeared untothem as though it be light
BUT IT IS DARKNESS portraying itself as though it be light .
IT is preaching a love that it claims is of GOD . BUT IT IS NOT OF GOD at all .
Folks perish all right . My people perish FROM LACK OF KNOWLEDGE .
many have chosen to sit under men who twist scripture unto their own destruction .
And the many have loved to have it so . But what will they do in the end thereof ........................................
it wont bode well rita . It wont bode well for them at all on the DAY OF THE LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We hear through the Living Holy Spirit....if he speaks to our spirit in the Spirit...then we check it out with scripture.

God is not a book...that’s his word...God is very much Alive and speaks to his children, through the Living Holy Spirit....who testifies his truth with our spirit...my opinion.
PS i know GOD is not a book . BUT I ALSO KNOW HE DID INSPIRE THAT BOOK . To all , to all i make this call
and this upmost plea ... GET back into those bibles or men will decieve you . Hurry and do test all voices
against the HOLY BOOK , THE BIBLE .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you hear God's voice in your heart and in His Word?

Your condescension is fully misplaced.

Listen to yourself. You don't know me. But you seem to have need to speak falsely of me. You should pay attention to that fact.

One of the key purposes of the Bible, of remaining in the Bible, is to keep you from error. This is important, and you should heed this.

Much love!

Is that how it is written: "in you heart and in His Word?"

No - that is not how it is explain in the Bible/Scriptures!!

So how did you get this wrong??? Who told you that??

It is written and explained that the Word is near us, and that the Word of God we preach is found in our mouth and in our heart!!

So who has you preaching a different gospel??

Gal 3:1-3 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?
This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

Do you not even understand what Paul was telling them?

There are those you hear from our Lord Jesus Christ, whose name is called "The Word of God", because He has the words of God and the Holy Spirit (who does not speak on His own initiative) takes those words of God which Jesus the Christ has because His Father gave them to Him, and the Holy Spirt gives them to your spirit. Yet after they have heard from the Holy Spirit then go back to leaning on their own understanding of their flesh instead of continuing seeking Jesus Christ via the Holy Spirit!

And that sad part is that they do it because they have bought into the gospel of demons!!!

This is what God explained through Isaiah:

Is 28:12,13 He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen
So the word of the LORD to them will be,
“Order on order, order on order,
Line on line, line on line,
A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

That prophesy is not fulfilled in you, is it?

People, Jesus the Christ has always been called The Word of God, because He was given the words of God by His Father from the beginning! That is how all things were created through Him. He, Jesus Christ spoke the words of God that His Father gave Him and things happened, even the creation of all things happened because the Son of God spoke the words of God which His Father gave to Him to speak!!

So if indeed you have ever heard from God, you heard from God the Son whose name is called "The Word of God"!! And since God is spirit, those words of God which belong to the Son come via His Holy Spirit - and not even in the writings of men, even holy mean that were used by God to write the Sacred Writings!!

That does not mean that He is not going to ask you to read and study the Scriptures - He certainly will if you can read and the Scriptures are available to you. Yet what He spoke to Moses, Isaiah, Paul, and others are not Him speaking to you!! It is you reading what they who heard from Him wrote after they heard from Him. And they were all telling you about Him, our Lord Jesus Christ, and how you need to get to know Him by hearing from Him!! Which is to say, like Paul, "This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Hearing with faith is not reading your Bible, it is hearing Him speak via the Holy Spirit to your spirit - so who writes:

"Don't you hear God's voice in your heart and in His Word?"

That does not even make sense! If you hear God's voice in your heart, then you heard from His Word!

But if you think reading the Bible is hearing from Him, then at best your hearing is so dull that you can't tell the difference between hearing and reading!!

I hear from Him often talking to me about the Bible, but He is not the Bible. He will tell me where He wants me to read in the Bible, and then go over what I read with Me, like a teacher in the classroom. Are you telling me that you can't tell the difference between reading a text book you got for a class and the teacher in the class speaking to you???

Reactions: Lizbeth

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you think reading the Bible is hearing from Him, then at best your hearing is so dull that you can't tell the difference between hearing and reading!!

I hear from Him often talking to me about the Bible, but He is not the Bible. He will tell me where He wants me to read in the Bible, and then go over what I read with Me, like a teacher in the classroom. Are you telling me that you can't tell the difference between reading a text book you got for a class and the teacher in the class speaking to you???
You know . . . you just don't seem to me to display the fruits of one who is hearing from God. I don't know you, all I know about you is what I read that you write. What I read of what you write . . . I pray for you!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yep . . . just listen to you!

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS i know GOD is not a book . BUT I ALSO KNOW HE DID INSPIRE THAT BOOK . To all , to all i make this call
and this upmost plea ... GET back into those bibles or men will decieve you . Hurry and do test all voices
against the HOLY BOOK , THE BIBLE .

If you indeed know God is not a book, why then are you saying "Get back to the those Bible", as opposed to get back to hearing from God???

When you take a class, does not the teacher give you the assignment.? Yet you say forget the Teacher and just read the Book!

Have you not gone to class????

Did you not hear the Teacher tell you things like:

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

Indeed, did you not even read the where in the Book the foremost command was given to hear from Him??

Deu 5:1Then Moses summoned all Israel and said to them: “Hear, O Israel, the statutes and the ordinances which I am speaking today in your hearing, that you may learn them and observe them carefully.

Mar 12:29 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;

Did you not read about the warnings:

Mat 23:13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

Do you even understand that His sheep hear His voice and with that they go in and out?

Jm 10:4 “When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.

Jn 10:9 “I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

Still you go around telling people the Scriptures, instead of Jesus Christ, will save them. So to those like you Jesus said:

Jn 5: 39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Either you really know Him or you don't! If you know Him you hear from Him! If you hear from Him will go over the Scriptures with you, if you can read and they are available to you. Yet He is not the Bible, but rather He is the One who is always with you - so He will talk to you in the store, while you shop. He will talk to you at work, to help you in your job. He will talk to you while you walk with Him down the street, or in the mountains, or while driving in your car - but all you seem to know about it that He might talk to you while your reading your Bible??? How can that be? Did you not also read how Satan used the Bible to try and defeat Jesus? Satan did not do that in you, did he?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - just listen to Him, Jesus Christ our Lord!!

You get it so confused!!
That's the thing. I listen to Him, and I listen to you, and I suggest you listen to Him, and that you also allow yourself to be taught by the Bible, so you can know when it's His voice, or when you are just hearing a part of your mind that thinks it's God.

When you are in communion with God, it will show in your walk, and in your talk. The Bible will explain that to you.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you indeed know God is not a book, why then are you saying "Get back to the those Bible", as opposed to get back to hearing from God???
You seem to think these are two different things, and they are not.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When you take a class, does not the teacher give you the assignment.? Yet you say forget the Teacher and just read the Book!

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

Indeed, did you not even read the where in the Book the foremost command was given to hear from Him??

Deu 5:1Then Moses summoned all Israel and said to them: “Hear, O Israel, the statutes and the ordinances which I am speaking today in your hearing, that you may learn them and observe them carefully.

Mar 12:29 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;

Mat 23:13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

Do you even understand that His sheep hear His voice and with that they go in and out?

Jm 10:4 “When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.

Jn 10:9 “I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

Still you go around telling people the Scriptures, instead of Jesus Christ, will save them. So to those like you Jesus said:

Jn 5: 39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;

Either you really know Him or you don't! If you know Him you hear from Him! If you hear from Him will go over the Scriptures with you, if you can read and they are available to you. Yet He is not the Bible, but rather He is the One who is always with you - so He will talk to you in the store, while you shop. He will talk to you at work, to help you in your job. He will talk to you while you walk with Him down the street, or in the mountains, or while driving in your car - but all you seem to know about it that He might talk to you while your reading your Bible??? How can that be? Did you not also read how Satan used the Bible to try and defeat Jesus? Satan did not do that in you, did he?

YOUR first line is all word play . NOW GET IN the BIBLE . Cause i will test all men by what IT says as well as all voices .
WORD play , play on words . Why do i tell folks to GET back in the bible rather than to hear from GOD .
What a play on words . I know men just like you my friend . The goal is to get folks to trust in feelings , NOT SO MUCH
in being ground in biblical knowledge , WHEREBY ONE shall test all men who do speak .
Tis why i have not heeded you my friend . BIBLE TIME . Get in it and exhort others to do the same .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the thing. I listen to Him, and I listen to you, and I suggest you listen to Him, and that you also allow yourself to be taught by the Bible, so you can know when it's His voice, or when you are just hearing a part of your mind that thinks it's God.

When you are in communion with God, it will show in your walk, and in your talk. The Bible will explain that to you.

Much love!

OH - you almost got it figured out - you pretended obedience to Him.

You were right to say, " I suggest you listen to Him" - we are to encourage each other Today (See Heb 3) to listen to Him. But then how is it you then said "allow yourself to be taught by the Bible???

If you are indeed listening to Him, then is He not the Teacher??? So we don't allow ourselves to be taught of the Bible, but we allow ourselves to be taught by the Teacher!!

So say we are taught by the Bible is to say we are leaning on our own understanding and thus not listening to Him!!!

That is what the Bible will explains, and the Teacher (Jesus Christ) will help you understand that He is understanding, not you thinking!!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is that how it is written: "in you heart and in His Word?"

No - that is not how it is explain in the Bible/Scriptures!!

So how did you get this wrong??? Who told you that??

It is written and explained that the Word is near us, and that the Word of God we preach is found in our mouth and in our heart!!

So who has you preaching a different gospel??

Gal 3:1-3 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?
This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

Do you not even understand what Paul was telling them?

There are those you hear from our Lord Jesus Christ, whose name is called "The Word of God", because He has the words of God and the Holy Spirit (who does not speak on His own initiative) takes those words of God which Jesus the Christ has because His Father gave them to Him, and the Holy Spirt gives them to your spirit. Yet after they have heard from the Holy Spirit then go back to leaning on their own understanding of their flesh instead of continuing seeking Jesus Christ via the Holy Spirit!

And that sad part is that they do it because they have bought into the gospel of demons!!!

This is what God explained through Isaiah:

People, Jesus the Christ has always been called The Word of God, because He was given the words of God by His Father from the beginning! That is how all things were created through Him. He, Jesus Christ spoke the words of God that His Father gave Him and things happened, even the creation of all things happened because the Son of God spoke the words of God which His Father gave to Him to speak!!

So if indeed you have ever heard from God, you heard from God the Son whose name is called "The Word of God"!! And since God is spirit, those words of God which belong to the Son come via His Holy Spirit - and not even in the writings of men, even holy mean that were used by God to write the Sacred Writings!!

That does not mean that He is not going to ask you to read and study the Scriptures - He certainly will if you can read and the Scriptures are available to you. Yet what He spoke to Moses, Isaiah, Paul, and others are not Him speaking to you!! It is you reading what they who heard from Him wrote after they heard from Him. And they were all telling you about Him, our Lord Jesus Christ, and how you need to get to know Him by hearing from Him!! Which is to say, like Paul, "This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Hearing with faith is not reading your Bible, it is hearing Him speak via the Holy Spirit to your spirit - so who writes:

"Don't you hear God's voice in your heart and in His Word?"

That does not even make sense! If you hear God's voice in your heart, then you heard from His Word!

I dont' know what else you believe that others seem to object to, but I think you are making an excellent point here. God spoke to Moses face to face, and again similarly Jesus said His sheep know His voice. But of course He can and often does speak to us through His written word or with still small voice, or in many ways........as well as that having His written tucked away in our hearts is important to help us discern and test what we are hearing. We get to know Him more and more by experience of Him over time, as well, and learn to discern when something is true to His character or not that way. God is Spirit and He speaks to us in spirit, His spirit to our spirit. It is by the gift of the Holy Spirit in general that we CAN hear Him speak to us. If He hadn't given us the gift of His Spirit we wouldn't have ears to hear because that is talking about spiritual ears, spiritual hearing.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH - you almost got it figured out - you pretended obedience to Him.
I hope you understand that I may not reply to your posts. This sort of empty speech doesn't much interest me.

Why do you think you have knowledge and wisdom to sit in judgment over others? I just don't see that you are really getting the message of what Christianity is. You have many negative opinions of others which you feel free to share, as if they have relevance. The fact is, you lack sufficient knowledge to even judge yourself, much less others. Yet you freely denigrate others wholesale, people you've never even met.

Well, enough with foolishness.
But then how is it you then said "allow yourself to be taught by the Bible???
Because you need this.

When we understand the teaching of Scripture, we will better understand which voice in our mind is God, and which is not.

The words of our mouths show what is in our hearts. I'm hearing the words of your mouth. You should also. Just my opinion, of course! But we need to be honest with ourselves, about ourselves.

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was something the Lord pointed out to me - that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are meant to get us seeking the voice of the Lord and listening to Him.

I am not going to go through all of them in the OP but basically they are require us to hear from the Lord and that small voice of His, if properly used.

Perhaps the classic example comes with the gift of tongues. With that gift we have to let the Holy Spirit use our voice as He wishes, so that He speaks through us, even in a language we don't know or understand.

Now if we are speaking in a language we don't understand it should arise some curiosity as to what is being said, and how then are we going to find out if not by turning to our Lord Jesus Christ, whose name is called "The Word of God", so that we hear from Him, via His same Holy Spirit, that small voice of His giving us some explanation. You would think that we just be a natural thing to do, but if we are not in the habit of taking all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ and listening to what He has to say about them, then we might not even consider that obvious option!

So the Lord through Paul had it written:

1 Cor 14:13 Therefore let one who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.

That simply means that if we speak in a tongue, we then need to ask the Lord for what is being said. That is a conclusion that Paul and we too should have when we speak in tongues. So the speaking in tongues should result in us seeking the Lord for what He has to tell us!!!

And so how do we get prophesy?

He once told me that any true prophet knows that there is really only One prophet. which is of course correct because to get a prophesy we have to listen to The Word of God/ Jesus Christ, right?

1 Cor 12:8 For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit;

So even when read about the gifts we read about 'the word", in that The Word of God speaks to us via the Holy Spirit, right? So to get wisdom, we have to listen, and to get knowledge, we have to listen to the Lord, right?

Healing might be a little less obvious, but it is written the He is the Lord who heals us. So it is not us, but Him who actually does the healing. He does the speaking, we do the listening and obeying, and then He takes action to make the healing and miracles happen, right?

Mark 16:20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed. ...

So we work with Him, and that means hearing from Him and obeying and doing what He asks, and then He comfirms what He told us by the "signs"/ healings, that follow.
A good passage that relates to the Fruit of the Spirit is 2 Peter 1:4-8 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these (Fruit of the Spirit of God) you might be partakers of the divine nature(Fruit of the Spirit of God), having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (lust of the flesh). [5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

To me the Fruit of the Spirit is given that His children be partakers of His divine nature for if His divine nature be in you and abound; the Fruit of God which is by and through Christ makes you neither barren nor unfruitful in (the fruit of God), brotherly love and charity which love is your bond of perfection. He even goes further in “he who hates his brother is in darkness still” where we can have all knowledge of prophecy and know all things but if we have not Love (the Fruit of God) what does knowing all prophecy profit us? if we use that knowledge of God to destroy our brother (one who is weak) with our knowledge of prophecy? In doing so we sin against Christ for the sake of our knowledge to “puff” up; bloating itself up in pride which is Not of the divine nature but the nature of the pride of the flesh. Charity “the fruit of the Spirit” edifies.

Another version of the passage on these things are added unto you …says if these things be in you and increasing they (the Fruit of the Spirit of God) makes you neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of Christ. It is by that knowledge of Christ that bears the Fruit of God of those things listed there. I still think it connects to “seek you first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you.” I think it is those things in that passage of “add these things unto you” …sounds like we do the adding but no it says those things are added unto you by the knowledge of Christ where God said to seek His Kingdom first and all these things will be added unto you: diligence; faith; virtue; knowledge; temperance; patience; godliness(His divine nature); brotherly kindness; charity.
It says if these things be increasing…they make you neither barren nor unfruitful. Important passage (imo) when discussing what’s the Fruit of the Spirit given unto us for?

Someone on the board said something significant concerning prophecy. They said “i don’t really care about people…I could care less about the people. To only care about prophecy and what God said is going to happen.” It’s a bold assertion for a stance as fighting for God by declaring …to only care that the prophecy’s of God be proven true. Half the time our strong opinions of those prophecies have a good likely hood of being false…starting with caring more about the prophecies than the people affected by it. But right out of the gate if we don’t care about the people but only that the prophecies be true…then do we have love or only prophecies? Same with the Fruit of God …if these things be in you and increasing …or are those things decreasing in us(scary to consider a decreasing of those things God said “if these things be in you and increasing”) Matthew 24:10-12 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. [11] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. [12] And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good passage that relates to the Fruit of the Spirit is 2 Peter 1:4-8 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these (Fruit of the Spirit of God) you might be partakers of the divine nature(Fruit of the Spirit of God), having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (lust of the flesh). [5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

To me the Fruit of the Spirit is given that His children be partakers of His divine nature for if His divine nature be in you and abound; the Fruit of God which is by and through Christ makes you neither barren nor unfruitful in (the fruit of God), brotherly love and charity which love is your bond of perfection. He even goes further in “he who hates his brother is in darkness still” where we can have all knowledge of prophecy and know all things but if we have not Love (the Fruit of God) what does knowing all prophecy profit us? if we use that knowledge of God to destroy our brother (one who is weak) with our knowledge of prophecy? In doing so we sin against Christ for the sake of our knowledge to “puff” up; bloating itself up in pride which is Not of the divine nature but the nature of the pride of the flesh. Charity “the fruit of the Spirit” edifies.

Another version of the passage on these things are added unto you …says if these things be in you and increasing they (the Fruit of the Spirit of God) makes you neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of Christ. It is by that knowledge of Christ that bears the Fruit of God of those things listed there. I still think it connects to “seek you first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you.” I think it is those things in that passage of “add these things unto you” …sounds like we do the adding but no it says those things are added unto you by the knowledge of Christ where God said to seek His Kingdom first and all these things will be added unto you: diligence; faith; virtue; knowledge; temperance; patience; godliness(His divine nature); brotherly kindness; charity.
It says if these things be increasing…they make you neither barren nor unfruitful. Important passage (imo) when discussing what’s the Fruit of the Spirit given unto us for?

Someone on the board said something significant concerning prophecy. They said “i don’t really care about people…I could care less about the people. I only care about prophecy and what God said is going to come happen.” It’s a bold assertion for a stance as fighting for God by declaring …to only care that the prophecy’s of God be proven true. Half the time our strong opinions of those prophecies have a good likely hood of being false…starting with caring more about the prophecies than the people affected by it. But right out of the gate if we don’t care about the people but only that the prophecies be true…then do we have love or only prophecies? Same with the Fruit of God …if these things be in you and increasing …or are those things decreasing in us(scary to consider a decreasing of those things God said “if these things be in you and increasing) Matthew 24:10-12 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. [11] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. [12] And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Long way around to (Imo) the Fruits are given for 1)brotherly kindness.

2) that the Father be glorified.

3) that your joy be made full.
At least three that I can think of.
John 15:8-11 - Herein is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit(of Life); so shall you be my disciples.
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue you in my love.
10 If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Ok …thought of more reasons 4) the Fruit of God is given so that you abide in Love. And 5) that you continue in My Love.

Last edited: