The gifts of the Spirit are all designed to get you listening to Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was something the Lord pointed out to me - that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are meant to get us seeking the voice of the Lord and listening to Him.

I am not going to go through all of them in the OP but basically they are require us to hear from the Lord and that small voice of His, if properly used.

Perhaps the classic example comes with the gift of tongues. With that gift we have to let the Holy Spirit use our voice as He wishes, so that He speaks through us, even in a language we don't know or understand.

Now if we are speaking in a language we don't understand it should arise some curiosity as to what is being said, and how then are we going to find out if not by turning to our Lord Jesus Christ, whose name is called "The Word of God", so that we hear from Him, via His same Holy Spirit, that small voice of His giving us some explanation. You would think that we just be a natural thing to do, but if we are not in the habit of taking all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ and listening to what He has to say about them, then we might not even consider that obvious option!

So the Lord through Paul had it written:

1 Cor 14:13 Therefore let one who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.

That simply means that if we speak in a tongue, we then need to ask the Lord for what is being said. That is a conclusion that Paul and we too should have when we speak in tongues. So the speaking in tongues should result in us seeking the Lord for what He has to tell us!!!

And so how do we get prophesy?

He once told me that any true prophet knows that there is really only One prophet. which is of course correct because to get a prophesy we have to listen to The Word of God/ Jesus Christ, right?

1 Cor 12:8 For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit;

So even when read about the gifts we read about 'the word", in that The Word of God speaks to us via the Holy Spirit, right? So to get wisdom, we have to listen, and to get knowledge, we have to listen to the Lord, right?

Healing might be a little less obvious, but it is written the He is the Lord who heals us. So it is not us, but Him who actually does the healing. He does the speaking, we do the listening and obeying, and then He takes action to make the healing and miracles happen, right?

Mark 16:20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed. ...

So we work with Him, and that means hearing from Him and obeying and doing what He asks, and then He comfirms what He told us by the "signs"/ healings, that follow.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was something the Lord pointed out to me - that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are meant to get us seeking the voice of the Lord and listening to Him.
They are given to us for us to serve others.

1 Corinthians 12:6-7 KJV
6) And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gifts of the Spirit are all designed to get you listening to Jesus Christ

Amen!

Blessings and Gifts have close ties.
Hearing and Listening have close ties.

All for mans Benefit to become reconciled unto God and become Made in His Likeness.

God Bless You,
Taken

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gifts of the Spirit are for the edification of the body of Christ !

1 Corinthians 12:
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations , but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom*; to another the word of
knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit*; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles*; to another prophecy*; to another discerning of spirits*; to another divers kinds of tongues*; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12 For as the body is ONE, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ.
13 For* by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

The gifts of the Spirit do not belong unto the man the Spirit uses, but are for the EDIFICATION of the church and to bring the lost INTO the body of Christ.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We HEAR God when we read & study the word of God !
Seems you mean something outside of what God has said in his word.
If voices ppl hear saying such & such unto them cannot be verified in the word of God, then a deep trying of the spirits is needed!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 10:17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

2. Hebrews 3:15​

Hebrews 3:15 As has just been said: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.”

3. John 8:47​

John 8:47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.

John 10:27 - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Romans 10:17 - So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Jeremiah 33:3 - Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

John 8:47 - He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Isaiah 30:21 - And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

John 16:13 - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Luke 11:28 - But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

John 14:16-17 - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (Read More...)

Psalms 32:8-9 - I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. (Read More...)

John 6:63 - It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

James 1:19-27 - Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: (Read More...)

2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (Read More...)

John 14:26 - But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Hebrews 2:1 - Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

1 Kings 19:11-13 - And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: (Read More...)

Romans 8:14 - For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Matthew 13:16
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

New Living Translation
“But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear.

English Standard Version
But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear.

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible
But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
  • 1 Corinthians 2:10-15
    But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
  • 1 Corinthians 2:7-8
    But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
  • 2 Corinthians 4:4
    whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
  • Hebrews 11:13
    These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
  • Job 42:5
    "I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear,
    But now my eye sees You.

1John.4​

[1] Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
[2] Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
[3] And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
[4] Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
[5] They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
[6] We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
[7] Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
[8] He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
[9] In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
[10] Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
[11] Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
[12] No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
[13] Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
[14] And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
[15] Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
[16] And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
[17] Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
[18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
[19] We love him, because he first loved us.
[20] If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
[21] And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are given to us for us to serve others.

1 Corinthians 12:6-7 KJV
6) And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Much love!

Yes - but the Lord our God was also given to you too!!

It is written that God so loved the World that He gave His only Son, and did you not read about how He was going to send the Holy Spirit.?

It is nice that you are thinking about others. The Lord get you doing that, but He is also thinking about you too!! And He is not so one dimensional that He can only think about someone other than you, so the gifts of the Holy Spirit are to help you, and to teach you, and to make you yourself a better person. And specifically He, The Holy Spirit, is send to you to do that by getting you closer to Jesus Christ and thus making Him your Lord, even your Teacher, and your Wonderful Counselor, and your Might God, and your Prince of Peace, and your Provider, and so on.

The work of God (which specifically includes the Holy Spirit o fGod) is that all should come to know the Son, right?

Therefore all the gifts of the Holy Spirit have the aspect of getting you personally to come to know the Son!!! And we get to know a person by talking with them. So God was smart - He gave you gifts all designed to get you talking back and forth with the Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ!

So we know that, right?

Maybe not, because He asked me to start this thread to help people understand this.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes - but the Lord our God was also given to you too!!
My point is . . . we should frame these things for ourselves the way God does. If you are hearing from Him, you'll hear from Him in His book also, right?

And of course we are born again to be in fellowship - communion - with our Father, to hear from Him in our hearts. But that's not the end of the story, it's for more of a reason, that reason, to get us outside of ourselves. To become servants. In being conformed to the image of our Lord Jesus Christ, we are to become servants, which means having a focus on others, being sensitive to their needs, and hearing from God how we should go about addressing their needs.

did you not read about how He was going to send the Holy Spirit.?
Did I not? Are you asking for real or just being condescending?

It is nice that you are thinking about others.
Do you realize this is the focal point of our lives?

We are commanded 2 things. Trust Jesus, and love others. Where He says, love others, I don't think this means feeling happy feelings for others, I think it mean getting into the trenches and taking care of them.

Therefore all the gifts of the Holy Spirit have the aspect of getting you personally to come to know the Son!!!
Don't turn inward what God means to flow outward. That's fully missing the point, IMO.

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If voices ppl hear saying such & such unto them cannot be verified in the word of God, then a deep trying of the spirits is needed!

Have you not read the He has a voice????

Maybe even something about getting things from His mouth????

Or perhaps something about His words?

It is really sad to read or hear someone saying that their hearing from God is from reading and studying, because He is always with them and can be heard at anytime and in any place, while they are doing anything!!! To limit the hearing of God to only while you might be reading or studying is bad enough, but the obvious implication behind it is so much worse! The implication of someone saying that hear God when we read & study is that they don't really know Him at all!

He often has me read the Bible in a certain location, and His first words to me were "READ YOUR BIBLE", and that with substantial impact behind those words, but by Him saying to me, "READ YOUR BIBLE", it showed that I could hear Him before I did any reading or studying!!

Therefore, the statement; "We hear God when we read & Study" was proven wrong right with the first words He spoke to me personally!!

And the Bible just as clearly proves that statement to be wrong!

Adam and Eve heard from God and they did not have the Bible. Enoch walked and talked with God and he did not have the Bible. Abraham was the friend of God and often consider the father of faith (though incorrectly) and he did not have the Bible. Moses heard from the Lord and follow Him to lead the people out of Egypt before he started wrote about it.

So it was the Jesus Christ, our Lord, told the Jews who did not listen to Him:

Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

and,

Jn 5:47 -47 “Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Wow - you say that reading what Moses wrote is your hearing from God, but it is Moses who did the writing who accuses you before God, for not listening to the Lord like was commanded through Moses!!! And Moses explained that they would perish!

Deut 8:20 “Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so you shall perish; because you would not listen to the voice of the LORD your God.

How is it that you do not know that the Lord your God has a voice that you need to listen to???

Reading and studying is not the same thing as listening to Him who is always with you!! So repent, seek Him, and that to listen to what He has to personally say to you!!

Rev 3:19.20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

That is the good news!! That we can personally get to know the Lord our God! His sheep hear His voice, because the Lord speaks!! But many over the years who should have come to know Him didn't!

Is 1:2,3 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth;
For the LORD speaks,
“Sons I have reared and brought up,
But they have revolted against Me.
“An ox knows its owner,
And a donkey its master’s manger,
But Israel does not know,
My people do not understand.”

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And of course we are born again to be in fellowship - communion - with our Father, to hear from Him in our hearts. But that's not the end of the story, it's for more of a reason, that reason, to get us outside of ourselves. To become servants. In being conformed to the image of our Lord Jesus Christ, we are to become servants, which means having a focus on others, being sensitive to their needs, and hearing from God how we should go about addressing their needs.

Oh my - so many who do not understand that He speaks via His voice not His book!!

He once told me:

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

Reading the textbook is not hearing the Teacher!!

So reading the Bible is not hearing His voice!! How do you miss this? Is it not because you don't even believe what is written?

Prov 1:20 Wisdom shouts in the street,
She lifts her voice in the square;

You don't believe it, or your would have listened in the streets for His voice!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my - so many who do not understand that He speaks via His voice not His book!!
Don't you hear God's voice in your heart and in His Word?

Your condescension is fully misplaced.

You don't believe it, or your would have listened in the streets for His voice!
Listen to yourself. You don't know me. But you seem to have need to speak falsely of me. You should pay attention to that fact.

One of the key purposes of the Bible, of remaining in the Bible, is to keep you from error. This is important, and you should heed this.

Much love!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We serve the Living God and have a living relationship with Him, and the bible itself tells us essentially that all the books on earth couldn't contain Him and everything He does. He does speak to us uniquely and individually. His sheep know His VOICE. For example He can give us a command or instruction, or insight or prophecy, or word of knowledge, word of wisdom, or even just the sharing of a burden, etc, that is not written in scripture. God spoke to Noah and shared how He regretted making man that mankind had become so evil, and then he told Noah to build an ark. None of that was written anywhere. Another example is when the Lord told Paul that His grace was sufficient for him and that he needed the thorn in his flesh to keep him from pride. Paul didn't get that from written scrips but from God directly.

The bible says everything that Jesus did was not written down, and He Himself said that we would do even greater works than He because He goes to the Father. But the scriptures do give us enough to go on IF we know them well enough by the Holy Spirit (which is a learning/growing thing), that we may know the character and ways of God, and to test things by....He wouldn't do or say anything contrary to His word and ways, though He may do or say things that are not explicitly written down. (The miracles He did were before His death and resurrection - even more is possible after He was resurrected had He come back and remained to do more miracles, but instead He delegated His works to His church via His Spirit. He couldn't go the Father and remain bodily on earth at the same time - something about His going that meant His Spirit that was within Him could be given to us.)

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I am not going to go through all of them in the OP but basically they are require us to hear from the Lord and that small voice of His, if properly used.

Perhaps the classic example comes with the gift of tongues. With that gift we have to let the Holy Spirit use our voice as He wishes, so that He speaks through us, even in a language we don't know or understand.

Now if we are speaking in a language we don't understand it should arise some curiosity as to what is being said, and how then are we going to find out if not by turning to our Lord Jesus Christ, whose name is called "The Word of God", so that we hear from Him, via His same Holy Spirit, that small voice of His giving us some explanation. You would think that we just be a natural thing to do, but if we are not in the habit of taking all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ and listening to what He has to say about them, then we might not even consider that obvious option!

So the Lord through Paul had it written:

1 Cor 14:13 Therefore let one who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.

That simply means that if we speak in a tongue, we then need to ask the Lord for what is being said. That is a conclusion that Paul and we too should have when we speak in tongues. So the speaking in tongues should result in us seeking the Lord for what He has to tell us!!!

And so how do we get prophesy?

He once told me that any true prophet knows that there is really only One prophet. which is of course correct because to get a prophesy we have to listen to The Word of God/ Jesus Christ, right?

1 Cor 12:8 For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit;

So even when read about the gifts we read about 'the word", in that The Word of God speaks to us via the Holy Spirit, right? So to get wisdom, we have to listen, and to get knowledge, we have to listen to the Lord, right?

Healing might be a little less obvious, but it is written the He is the Lord who heals us. So it is not us, but Him who actually does the healing. He does the speaking, we do the listening and obeying, and then He takes action to make the healing and miracles happen, right?

Mark 16:20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed. ...

So we work with Him, and that means hearing from Him and obeying and doing what He asks, and then He comfirms what He told us by the "signs"/ healings, that follow.
Something to what you are saying here, I believe. People can be given spiritual gifts and go off and use them while basically forgetting God at the same time and not being in submission to Him. Eg, those who said Lord, Lord, who Jesus said would ultimately be rejected, apparently had spiritual gifts but were not being led by the Spirit. They were not seeking God's will and leading, to hear His voice, but were just wielding their gifts as they saw fit themselves (sometimes to build themselves their own little kingdom truth be told). It's a bit like the Pharisees who diligently searched the scrips and obeyed the parts that they wanted to, but refused to COME to Jesus to have LIFE. Life of the Spirit. LIVING God....resurrected Christ who is ALIVE, who we have a LIVING relationship with, and who we need to be relying on and in subjection to rather than ourselves and our own will. We need always to be coming to Christ and listening at His doorpost for His voice/word, like a bondslave....abiding in the Vine. And this too seems to be a learning/growing thing for the child of God....faith grows, relationship with the Lord grows and deepens, and like the Captain of our faith, we are LEARNING obedience/submission by the things we suffer.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hebrews 1:1- KJV​

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in TIMES PAST unto the fathers by the prophets hath in THESE LAST DAYS spoken unto us by his SON, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; WHO being the BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, and the EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, and upholding all things by the WORD of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; ...........

I stand by the word that expressly identifies the gifts / operations of the Spirit are for the edification of the church.

I do not respond to Karl Peters, only the title of his threads. He is as @marks states condescending to others bc he seems to think he has the only ears to hear what God says, disregarding the written word, or at best considers it is an afterthought.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, ......

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in TIMES PAST unto the fathers by the prophets hath in THESE LAST DAYS spoken unto us by his SON, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; WHO being the BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, and the EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, and upholding all things by the WORD of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; ...........

I stand by the word that expressly identifies the gifts / operations of the Spirit are for the edification of the church.

I do not respond to Karl Peters, only the title of his threads. He is as @marks states condescending to others bc he seems to think he has the only ears to hear what God says, disregarding the written word, or at best considers it is an afterthought.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, ......
I'm not acquainted with the poster, that I can remember. His name is familiar but don't have any recollection of what he says or believes. I agree sister, that the gifts are given for the edification of the church, but that God could also have more purposes in the background so to speak.

I'm not sure about the wording of the title, would have to think about it some more, but it does seem that everything tests us, and I think that could be said to be a purpose in God's eyes. The ten lepers are an example.....ten were healed but only one CAME back to Jesus. We are given gifts but are we COMING back to God and offering them back to Him so to speak, or are we going off hoarding to ourselves what God has given us and doing with them what seemeth right to us. God knows beforehand who is going to do what with His gifts and yet He still gives them, so I believe it could be said to have purpose. Not all of His purposes are explicit, some are related to His sovereignty in all things kind of way.

Many of those big name ministries on television have genuine gifts of the spirit, but they are not necessarily using them as GOD wills. Teaching gifts, healing gifts, pastoring/preaching gifts, prophesying gifts....can be genuine but misused. And the Lord uses such to test His flock, whether we will seek HIM and love the truth or whether we will be idolatrous and trust in man. He's always testing His workmanship, I like to think so He can make necessary adjustments to what He is making as we go along (IF we are willing and sincerely want truth).

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We serve the Living God and have a living relationship with Him, and the bible itself tells us essentially that all the books on earth couldn't contain Him and everything He does. He does speak to us uniquely and individually. His sheep know His VOICE. For example He can give us a command or instruction, or insight or prophecy, or word of knowledge, word of wisdom, or even just the sharing of a burden, etc, that is not written in scripture. God spoke to Noah and shared how He regretted making man that mankind had become so evil, and then he told Noah to build an ark. None of that was written anywhere. Another example is when the Lord told Paul that His grace was sufficient for him and that he needed the thorn in his flesh to keep him from pride. Paul didn't get that from written scrips but from God directly.

The bible says everything that Jesus did was not written down, and He Himself said that we would do even greater works than He because He goes to the Father. But the scriptures do give us enough to go on IF we know them well enough by the Holy Spirit (which is a learning/growing thing), that we may know the character and ways of God, and to test things by....He wouldn't do or say anything contrary to His word and ways, though He may do or say things that are not explicitly written down. (The miracles He did were before His death and resurrection - even more is possible after He was resurrected had He come back and remained to do more miracles, but instead He delegated His works to His church via His Spirit. He couldn't go the Father and remain bodily on earth at the same time - something about His going that meant His Spirit that was within Him could be given to us.)
But always remember and remember always and well , that if anything one hears contradicts what IS already written in the scriptures
THE LAMBS shall trash it and not need it . For it cometh of another who has come to decieve and to lead away .
Now raise those hands and let the LORD be praised .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Men do as men do . Lambs will stay planted in biblical truth . any voice that cometh and tries to pull us out
of them scriptures is a VOICE NO LAMB GONNA HEED PEROID .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

and yet many have chosen to heed men who cometh in their own name rather than CHRIST .
they have made the doctrines of men the HEIR of their HOPE . And that aint gonna bode well on the DAY OF THE LORD .
So allow me some parting words . If any man , any angel , any creature , any love , any word or anything
cometh and it contradicts the WORD and the Words of the LORD in that bible , ITS A SHAM and even a shame for us to heed it even once .
Oh yes , this lamb is a stickler to scripture . BUT GOD DID INSPIRE the SCRIPTURE ..........now didnt HE .
YEP .
As far as what men or anyone else teaches or says , IT GET TESTED and done so BY THE SCRIPTURES .
For there is another who has always come in his own name . And if we take heed we will see
what it does and how it operates . WHAT DID it try and do at the tree in the garden .
PLANT DOUBT IN WHAT GOD HAD SAID . FOR IT SAID YE SHALL NOT DIE . GOD HAD SAID THEY WOULD .
SO no marvel if its men do the same . THEY come in and try to deny PARTS of what GOD INSPIRED , aka THE BIBLE .
The lambs WONT BE HEEDING THEM . For GREATER IS HE who is in the lambs than he who is of the world .