The God shaped hole

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FizzWizz

Sep 1, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"God would never put a hole in someone's heart,..."
Maybe He does.
And maybe He does this, as you said: "...like being born again by Gods doing."
I don't really care for this discussion anymore. All this talking to Christians about things no one can know, is wasting the little time I have left to enjoy life. To be frank, I've pretty much lost faith in Christianity and it's God. It's Christians you see, their living in a dream world, thinking God is protecting their interests.

Stuff this, I've said enough and wasted enough time looking for the truth.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe this hole is a dry well? And after being born again it becomes an overflowing well.

14But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't really care for this discussion anymore. All this talking to Christians about things no one can know, is wasting the little time I have left to enjoy life. To be frank, I've pretty much lost faith in Christianity and it's God. It's Christians you see, their living in a dream world, thinking God is protecting their interests.

You might want to change your profile regarding your "faith", as it says "Christian".

Reactions: Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yeah I kind of know "Want" because I'm in want. It's my wants that are destroying my soul. But how to stop being in want is a another question.
it is like the lady who complained to the town elder that her house was too small. He tells her to make her house bigger she must first go and let the goat in the house; then the pig, then the chickens. Her house gets really full, then he advises her to start removing them, right, wherein the house becomes bigger than it was, relatively

So iow the hole can be filled by...ha well, fasting. As strange as that sounds. Fast for three days and alla sudden fruitcake is delicious, see. Fasting produces appreciation, and thus to thankfulness. The hole is lack of gratefulness for all that one has, not lack of something needed; although the first will lead to the second, eventually, if it is not addressed.

when you can be grateful for a stale fruitcake--or pick whatever is your least favorite food, in that analogy--the hole just disappears. Go spend a month in a cave and find joy in just being, even while cold and hungry, and then an evening in the hood or whatever, a roach motel, becomes relative paradise, see.

you become aware of all the things you are currently not appreciating

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

ha you are just looking in the wrong place, as even the Bible points out to you imo

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I guess that is true, but why do I have to say those magical words "Enter my heart" If the Bible doesn't give directions to do that, why should I do it. Not to say I haven't done that (I have) but it didn't do anything. It didn't activate a true understanding or firm belief in God. Something else must be required to be a true believer, like being born again by Gods doing.

They aren't magic and don't even need to be spoken aloud. The reason is to make clear your willingness for the Holy Spirit to take up residence. The Lord is willing (2 Peter 3:9), so the problem is always going to be us.

I have had so many strange coincidence's in my life that the odds of these events happening naturally would be very low. I could see an invisible hand aiding me and guiding my steps, in all manner of predicaments. But the draw back to this is that with outside help came exposure, and the evil one would seek me out and deal me some deadly blows.

I wonder if the God who is responsible for all of this has a plan for me, sometimes it seems I'm walking around in circles until he pulls me away from my troubles.

But it doesn't matter, because through all these spiritual interactions I can see him. Is it Jesus? Don't know, but it's the God of this universe, that I know.

If that's Jesus to you, let it be him.

James 1:6-8
"6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."

Once we have the Holy Spirit, he will never leave us (John 14:16 Ephesians 1:13-14 ).

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, sounds suspect.
Do you want something for nothing? God does want something from you in spite of your suspicions. It will require a real step of faith on your part:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

We can help you if you really want help, but the first step necessarily is yours. The step must taken as God directs, not as you choose to make it.