The Godly Heresy of Sinless Perfectionism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said it nor implied it brother, I know you have a passion for Christ Jesus and seek every opportunity to glorify Him.
This is another uncalled for assumption on your part.

J.
Did you not infer 2 Timothy 3:1-9 as applying to me in this thread?
I cannot Imagine who else this applied to in this thread when you said that there are superheroes who are self taught and who have a form of godliness. 2 Timothy 3:1-9 is talking about unsaved individuals; Or are you not aware of what this passage really said?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
He will just read his Bible in the English and believe it. The Bible talks about us being perfect in many places.
All you have to do is go to BlueLetterBible and do a keyword search on the word “perfect.”
Appreciate the info brother, but I have everything I need on my e Sword.
Let's agree to disagree.
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Did you not infer 2 Timothy 3:1-9 as applying to me in this thread?
I cannot Imagine who else this applied to in this thread when you said that there are superheroes who are self taught and who have a form of godliness. 2 Timothy 3:1-9 is talking about unsaved individuals; Or are you not aware of what this passage really said?

What did I say @Bible Highlighter?
Do you have an inferiority complex?

Super duper heroes are everywhere to be found, who are not sent, self appointed, self anointed, having a form of godliness...not doing what the Scriptures commands us to do
Matthew 25...for example

Pure and undefiled religion is....?

2Ti 3:5 For [although] they hold a form of piety (true religion), they deny and reject and are strangers to the power of it [their conduct belies the genuineness of their profession]. Avoid [all] such people [turn away from them].
AMPC

Am I to avoid you?
J.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did I say @Bible Highlighter?
Do you have an inferiority complex?

Super duper heroes are everywhere to be found, who are not sent, self appointed, self anointed, having a form of godliness...not doing what the Scriptures commands us to do
Matthew 25...for example

Pure and undefiled religion is....?

2Ti 3:5 For [although] they hold a form of piety (true religion), they deny and reject and are strangers to the power of it [their conduct belies the genuineness of their profession]. Avoid [all] such people [turn away from them].
AMPC

Am I to avoid you?
J.
If I am for you being perfect and following all of God’s Word why would you assume wrongfully of me?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Appreciate the info brother, but I have everything I need on my e Sword.
Let's agree to disagree.
J.
But this assumes that the 47 translators on the KJB got it wrong every time they translated the word perfect.
I just believe God preserved His Word today because that is what His Word says.
We do not see in the Bible any practice of going to some older and more ancient language that is better to understand God’s Word better.
We do see in Scripture God preserving His Word in their current language. If Scripture was destroyed, a copy was made to replace it.
The Ethiopian eunuch read from an Isaiah scroll. This was not the original. It was most likely a copy. Yet, this was called Scripture. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine and instruction in righteousness.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I just believe God preserved His Word today because that is what His Word says.
We do not see in the Bible any practice of going to some older and more ancient language that is better to understand God’s Word better.
We do see in Scripture God preserving His Word in their current language. If Scripture was destroyed, a copy was made to replace it.
The Ethiopian eunuch read from an Isaiah scroll. This was not the original. It was most likely a copy. Yet, this was called Scripture. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine and instruction in righteousness.
Ever suffered hardship Billy the Kid?

I have given all my dictionaries and lexicons, commentaries, Hebrew and Greek Bibles, even my guitar to a "Underground Church" of the which I will not elaborate.
I wish you were here to see the appreciation from these saints, now them I will truly call hagioi, or kedoshim.
You do yourself a disservice for not being interested in the morphology of the text, not the meanings of words per se, but the Syntax and Morphologies.
A gift, a dorean, from me to you..

1,050 New Testament Commands
There are 1,050 commands in the New Testament for Christians to obey. Due to repetitions
we can classify them under about 800 headings. They cover every phase of man's life in his
relationship to God and his fellowmen, now and hereafter. If obeyed, they will bring rich
rewards here and forever; if disobeyed, they will bring condemnation and eternal punishment.
Seven "Abstains" - Abstain From:
1. Idols (ACTS 15:20)
2. Fornication (ACTS 15:20,29; 1.THESS 4:2-3)
3. Strangled meats (ACTS 15:20)
4. Eating blood (ACTS 15:20)
5. Meats offered to idols (ACTS 15:29)
6. All appearance of evil (1.THESS 5:22)
7. Fleshly lusts (1.PET 2:11)
Seven things to avoid:
1. Troublemakers (ROM 16:17)
2. Profane and vain babblings (1.TIM 6:20)
3. False science (1.TIM 6:20)
4. Unlearned questions (2.TIM 2:23)
5. Foolish questions (TIT 3:9)
6. Genealogies (TIT 3:9)
7. Arguments about the law (TIT 3:9)
Three "Asks":
1. Ask and ye shall receive (MATT 7:7)
2. Ask no return of goods (LK 6:30)
3. Ask life for backsliders (1.JN 5:16)
Two things to awake to:
1. Awake to righteousness (1.COR 15:34)
2. Awake to life (EPH 5:14)
Seventy-four "Be's":
1. Be exceeding glad (MATT 5:12)
2. Be reconciled to a brother (MATT 5:24)
3. Be perfect (MATT 5:48; 2.COR 13:11)
4. Be wise as serpents (MATT 10:16)
5. Be harmless as doves (MATT 10:16)
6. Be ready for Christ's coming (MATT 24:44;
LK 12:40)
7. Be content with your wages (LK 3:14)
8. Be merciful as God (LK 6:36)
9. Be like faithful servants (LK 12:36)
10. Be thankful (COL 3:15)
11. Be at peace among selves (1.THESS 5:13)
12. Be patient toward all people
(1.THESS 5:14; 2.TIM 2:24)
13. Be no partaker of sin (1.TIM 5:22)
14. Be sober and hope (1.PET 1:13)
15. Be sober and pray (1.PET 4:7)
16. Be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith,
charity, and patience (aged men, TIT 2:2)
17. Be sober, love husbands and children (young
women, TIT 2:4)
18. Be sober minded (young men, TIT 2:6)
19. Be in behaviour as becoming to saints (aged
women, TIT 2:3)
20. Be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good,
obedient (young women, TIT 2:5)
21. Be ready to give an answer of the hope that
is in you (1.PET 3:15)
22. Be of good cheer (JN 16:33)
23. Be baptized (ACTS 2:38)
24. Be converted (ACTS 3:19)
25. Be transformed (ROM 12:2)
26. Be kind of brotherly love one to another
(ROM 12:10; EPH 4:32)
27. Be fervent in spirit (ROM 12:11)
28. Be patient in tribulation (ROM 12:12)
29. Be given to hospitality (ROM 12:13)
30. Be afraid, if lawless (ROM 13:4)

You may discard it brother, but like you, I redeem the precious, little time we have and believe it or not, have the discernment to see error from truth.

I do not use commentaries to illuminate the scriptures for me, I have studied, and use commentaries and can clearly see where nuggets can be found, and the rest not.
shalom
J.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Brother @Episkopos I concur with what you have shared.

Here are scripture references on "put on"

Rom_13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

1Co_15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1Co_15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Gal_3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph_4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Eph_6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Col_3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Col_3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Col_3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

2Ti_1:6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

I have one question, maybe two, for you.

Do you struggle in your walk with Christ?
A sense of purposelessness?
Ever heard the voice of the still, small voice?
Absolutely sure re your salvation in Christ?
Do we know where we are going upon death?

Reason why I'm asking is that I am super tired of super heroes knowing all the answers to life's questions, intellectually, self taught, having a form of godliness.....self sent, not God sent.

I am struggling with these questions, daily, is it the same with you?

How is this for transparency?
Are we walking in the Spirit 24/7? Really being led by the Ruach, or by the ego eimi?
Is the dereck we trod on easy, or thlipsis? [I know you are acquainted with the Koine Greek my brother]

Heck, more than two questions...and I want YOU to answer me brother, this is not up for others to tell me how spiritual they are, this is strictly between you and me @Episkopos

Shalom
Johann
Most believers will never walk in the Spirit. This idea of a "saved" status has destroyed the race of faith for many. People are now taught that entering into the wilderness walk (by an initial grace) is all there is...no Promised Land on this side of eternity. Only those who are called by God into the high calling IN Christ..who have made their calling and election sure through becoming a servant as Jesus was...can hope to walk as Jesus walked, even for a brief time. Regardless, it is God who calls the shots.

Peace

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have given all my dictionaries and lexicons, commentaries, Hebrew and Greek Bibles, even my guitar to a "Underground Church" of the which I will not elaborate.
I wish you were here to see the appreciation from these saints, now them I will truly call hagioi, or kedoshim.
You do yourself a disservice for not being interested in the morphology of the text, not the meanings of words per se, but the Syntax and Morphologies.

There are 1,050 commands in the New Testament for Christians to obey. Due to repetitions
we can classify them under about 800 headings. They cover every phase of man's life in his
relationship to God and his fellowmen, now and hereafter. If obeyed, they will bring rich
rewards here and forever; if disobeyed, they will bring condemnation and eternal punishment.
Seven things to avoid:
Three "Asks":
Two things to awake to:
Seventy-four "Be's":

You may discard it brother, but like you, I redeem the precious, little time we have and believe it or not, have the discernment to see error from truth.

I do not use commentaries to illuminate the scriptures for me, I have studied, and use commentaries and can clearly see where nuggets can be found, and the rest not.
shalom
J.
Well, I have done my own personal study on the commands in the New Testament (From Matthew to Revelation), and I have come up with 440 New Testament Commands. This list was compiled by how they naturally appear and it combines any repeated commands. I need to continue to review the NT Commands list and Scripture several times and pray over it to make sure that I am truly getting close to honoring His Word in spirit and in truth (in what it actually says).

You have provided me with the list of New Testament Commands from Finnis Jennings Dake (Which I have been familiar with for a long time). The counting of New Testament Commands by Finnis Jennings Dake is at a count of 1,050 commands. But he actually left some stuff out and he did not number stuff correctly because he grouped things together by verbs (Like: "be," "be not's," "consider," "beware," and "awake," etc., and he did not list the commands on how they actually appeared in the text normally). He also allowed for repetition to take place, as well. So there are commands that are repeated.

Unfortunately, Dake also had some wrong heretical views about God in the fact that other believers believed that he held to a form of Tritheism (three separate gods), and not the Trinity, and he also believed that Jesus became the Son of God at His Incarnation (i.e. Adoptionism).

Others have attempted to make a list of the New Testament Commands, and I have examined them and also have found their lists to have problems (Making commands that are not commands and or repeating commands, etcetera). I am not saying I know everything by any means, I am simply giving my own personal humble opinion of what I believe is the truth on this matter by extensive study and in simply wanting to honor what God’s Word actually says. Any truth that I have gleaned from the Bible is only from God revealing such truth to me, and all praise and glory should be unto Him for that.

Reactions: Johann

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No. They searched the Scriptures to see if Paul's words were true or not.
so, dunno if this will serve you or not, but see, right now, your perspective is the "truth," right?
That is what puzzles me with your writing approach here.
and even though im really not trying to do any weird writing or anything, the point might be to change your perspective, i guess bc, like the example above, it maybe allows for more hearing?

and then you dont have to keep up this ignoring of any posts/questions that you dont like, etc
this is a fact-free post, and everythimg i say is a lie

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Most believers will never walk in the Spirit. This idea of a "saved" status has destroyed the race of faith for many. People are now taught that entering into the wilderness walk (by an initial grace) is all there is...no Promised Land on this side of eternity. Only those who are called by God into the high calling IN Christ..who have made their calling and election sure through becoming a servant as Jesus was...can hope to walk as Jesus walked, even for a brief time. Regardless, it is God who calls the shots.

Peace
What can you expect since there are over 45,000 different denominations globally, not including the cult's...

I have read the book/s of Bunyan, very informative.
Seems like aleitha is a rare thing in Modern Christianity/Western.

Are you also just reading your bible without secondary resources?
J.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sinless Perfectionism is Unbiblical
However, the Bible also says that ‘If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us’ (1 John 1:8). It speaks of the fact that until the resurrection we must be at war with sinful desires (Galatians 5:16-17). Sin is not an enemy ‘out there’. It’s an enemy within that lives and feeds off our fallen human desires and weaknesses (James 1:13-15). That is why sinless perfectionism is not only untrue but also dangerous. People don’t tend to win battles that they don’t even realise they are supposed to be fighting.

Sinless perfectionism is not only untrue but also dangerous. People don’t tend to win battles that they don’t even realise they are supposed to be fighting.

1 John 1:8 is about those who don't think they sin so never seek Jesus nor confess their sin to BECOME a Spirit-filled Christian. There is a big difference between those who SAY they don't sin, and those who WALK in the Spirit.

You think you have to fight. I don't.

1 John 3:8
8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

I am empowered to keep His commandments, and have God's assurance. Those who have to keep fighting, have never been empowered, so are under the law and eventually will fall to temptation, whereas Satan can't come close to me to bring any temptations.

1 John 5:18
18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

Sinless perfection is where you are ignorant. Sinlessness comes with justification/sanctification when we are born again. We start at the first level of obedience, and obey our Spirit-filled conscience. Philippians 3:16. Then as we grow in the fruit of the Spirit the next level of obedience raises and we master it and remain sinless according to how God looks at sin. (Willful, unintentional) These levels of obedience continue during our lifetime towards perfection for the purpose of becoming like Christ. (Another belief you are ignorant of). Romans 8:29-30. Jesus was the first of many brethren. I am one of those brethren who you are implying is a heretic, who believe in sinlessness on the road to perfection in this lifetime, and refuse to sin. After the last new level of obedience is mastered we will never stumble.

2 Peter 1:2-11. Verses 5-7 are the names of the levels of obedience. Pay attention to the verses thereafter to see perfection and holiness is possible, and a must if you plan to go to heaven. I know I am.

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct in saying we are not perfect yet.....

Php 3:12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.
Php 3:13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
Php 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.
Php 3:15 So let those [of us] who are spiritually mature and full-grown have this mind and hold these convictions; and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also.
Php 3:16 Only let us hold true to what we have already attained and walk and order our lives by that.

Yet some here have already obtained, in this life, in the sarki, absolute perfection-ism...diametrically opposed to what Paul is saying.

J.
Paul was still on a level, but his last letter showed he had reached it.

2 Timothy 4:6-8
6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Remaining sinless is easy when we have the Holy Spirit inside of us. Perfection is a long way down the road, and the two words should not be put on a new believer. All they have to do in God's eyes is live up the level of their knowledge of obedience.

I hope you will not be found to be:
8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Seven things to avoid:
Three "Asks":
Two things to awake to:
Seventy-four "Be's":

shalom
J.
You admit that commentaries are not always accurate. So why give something to others you know can mislead them into inaccuracies at times? That’s why I am not a fan of commentaries. Unless you warn them of the bad parts, it can mislead them at times.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:8 is about those who don't think they sin so never seek Jesus nor confess their sin to BECOME a Spirit-filled Christian. There is a big difference between those who SAY they don't sin, and those who WALK in the Spirit.

You think you have to fight. I don't.

1 John 3:8
8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

I am empowered to keep His commandments, and have God's assurance. Those who have to keep fighting, have never been empowered, so are under the law and eventually will fall to temptation, whereas Satan can't come close to me to bring any temptations.

1 John 5:18
18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

Sinless perfection is where you are ignorant. Sinlessness comes with justification/sanctification when we are born again. We start at the first level of obedience, and obey our Spirit-filled conscience. Philippians 3:16. Then as we grow in the fruit of the Spirit the next level of obedience raises and we master it and remain sinless according to how God looks at sin. (Willful, unintentional) These levels of obedience continue during our lifetime towards perfection for the purpose of becoming like Christ. (Another belief you are ignorant of). Romans 8:29-30. Jesus was the first of many brethren. I am one of those brethren who you are implying is a heretic, who believe in sinlessness on the road to perfection in this lifetime, and refuse to sin. After the last new level of obedience is mastered we will never stumble.

2 Peter 1:2-11. Verses 5-7 are the names of the levels of obedience. Pay attention to the verses thereafter to see perfection and holiness is possible, and a must if you plan to go to heaven. I know I am.

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
I believe 1 John 1:8 is a warning to the believer about the false belief that said “sin is an illusion.”
So the proper way to deal with sin is not to ignore it like it is not real but to confess of our sins to the Lord Jesus to be forgiven of them.

As for your thinking that we don’t have to fight:

Well, what do you make of 1 Timothy 6:12?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe 1 John 1:8 is a warning to the believer about the false belief that said “sin is an illusion.”
So the proper way to deal with sin is not to ignore it like it is not real but to confess of our sins to the Lord Jesus to be forgiven of them.

As for your thinking that we don’t have to fight:

Well, what do you make of 1 Timothy 6:12?
Hi Bible Highlighter,

John is clear that what he is meaning is there is a difference between talking the talk, and walking the walk. He is not leaving it up to any misinterpretation. It is easier if you read 1 John 2 first to be able to clearly see the true meaning of the first chapter where all the debating is seen. The KEY WORD is say/says.

1 John 2:
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Now you can read 1 John 1 with complete clarity.

1 John 1:
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Bible Highlighter,

John is clear that what he is meaning is there is a difference between talking the talk, and walking the walk. He is not leaving it up to any misinterpretation. It is easier if you read 1 John 2 first to be able to clearly see the true meaning of the first chapter where all the debating is seen. The KEY WORD is say/says.

1 John 2:
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Now you can read 1 John 1 with complete clarity.

1 John 1:
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
So what do you believe 1 John 1:8 is saying?
Do you disagree with my interpretation?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You admit that commentaries are not always accurate. So why give something to others you know can mislead them into inaccuracies at times? That’s why I am not a fan of commentaries. Unless you warn them of the bad parts, it can mislead them at times.
What is your problem!
Are you stalking me? 2 days in a row now, go and do what God called you to do, get busy with the iggeret hakodesh, don't overstep your boundaries into mine...you are sinning...you are now looking what I am doing, and not to Jesus.
Yes?
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Paul was still on a level, but his last letter showed he had reached it.
Really, that what Paul is saying...that at last he reached the absolute standard of godhood, sinless in word, thought and deed, perfect as God is, perfect as you are?

Go pull the ear of someone else, not me, yes?
J.