The Gospal about devuoring others property and wealth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth_Teller

May 9, 2008
Eventhough it is a matter of common sense, but I still wanted to know wether there is any reference from the the Gospal where Jesus forbids devouring others property and wealth.

Answers are much appreciated.

Regards.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eventhough it is a matter of common sense, but I still wanted to know wether there is any reference from the the Gospal where Jesus forbids devouring others property and wealth.

Answers are much appreciated.

Regards.

I think maybe you are refering to this..

Mat_23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Mar_12:40 Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.
Luk_20:47 Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation.

Truth_Teller

May 9, 2008
I think maybe you are refering to this..

Mat_23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Mar_12:40 Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.
Luk_20:47 Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation.

Thanks. In details, what I meant was taking over others´ properties by false means, illegally. It is in a sense not equal to stealing (or maybe yes).