The gospel according to... ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So let's say all the verses are wrong and God tortures nonbelievers forever. What do you suppose will happen to a guy like me who mistakenly believed, and shared the belief, that God is loving and merciful and finds a way to save all men? Is God going to put me testicle in a nut cracker and crush them 60 times a minute forever and ever?

He certainly will not! We are saved by Grace through faith, not by doctrinal knowledge!

You can get all the doctrines wrong, but if you get Christ right, Brother, you belong to Him.

So what? You believed a false doctrine, but by the Grace of God, you no longer do!

It's the "false" in any doctrine that pushes man to take the "false" into reason and effect the truth of other things.

That's what's happening in the OP!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forever? That sounds like Hitler.
I said they GO to the lake of fire .
PS , BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS and TEACH that in HE ALONE is salvation and that one must believe in HIM to be saved .
And flee the all inclusive lie of the dragon . If not you will face the very lake of fire you seem to want to either omit
or air condition . NOW GET BUSY preaching JESUS To all that has breath
HURRY and dont look back . Flee the lie of all inclusive social we are one false gospel . and warn all not to go in that direction .
POINT only TO CHRIST JESUS . Or prepare to wail on the day of the LORD . Did what i could for you .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God chose 4 men to give the account of what they witnessed, and together they give us the full account of what God wants us to know.
I see a contradiction between this statement and the one below.
Paul told us what the Gospel is, as he is the only one who explains everything we need to know. From his definition, the true Gospel is seen in the 4 accounts.

I Cor. 15:1-11
"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
It seems that Paul had a gospel as well. Was he not also chosen to give an account?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody here says that Jesus is the only way to the Father. I suspect you are attributing views to us that we have not expressed.
Ya aint fooling lambs . You know what you believe and what your mission truly is .
And i been a watching you my friend . I dont often post on posts , but i be a watching .
And , you aint fooling me and more so you aint fooling GOD .

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charlie, thanks for joining us. I hoped that you would.
And no, I had no intention of pushing a UR angle with this.
Unless someone asks me for MY gospel, I suppose.
You would want me to be honest with them, right?

I suppose you feel a "righteous indignation" when someone
proclaims something that ruffles your doctrinal feathers.
In order to avoid having my own own feathers ruffled,
I had to find a way to separate myself from my doctrine.

I know that is not easily done. It can become part of our identity.
And then we feel as if we are being attacked personally when someone disagrees.
Which leads to the victim game you are playing with me.

If you are asking for forgiveness, you are forgiven. No worries, brother.
But if you are asking me to quell my writing about what I believe...
I recommend a long walk on a short pier. - LOL

I would never ask you to limit the free expression of your faith.

Steven, when you are ready to renounce the UR, thereby coming back into fellowship with the Brethren, we will accept you with open arms, my friend!

I cannot sit by and pretend that you are not causing harm with this UR thing, and with it affecting many other things we hold dear to our faith! I consider you a Brother in Christ, but I'm rebuking this harm your false doctrine is causing among us!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, that's exactly what it is! Placing doubt with an agenda in mind.

It has to be confronted, we can't ignore it as if it's not taking place!
Placing doubt?
Doubt in what? Damnationism?
It's only ONE of THREE biblical views of the final judgment.
Something we SHOULD discuss.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flee the lie of all inclusive social we are one false gospel .

You think God is a LOSER. You think God created mankind but couldn't find a way to purify and save them ALL. I think God is a WINNER and, through Christ, is reconciling ALL people to him!. In the end, nobody is going to be left out, not even Satan. Now I can provide a plethora of scripture, but I don't believe that you accept it, my brother. No offense intended.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Steven, when you are ready to renounce the UR, thereby coming back into fellowship with the Brethren, we will accept you with open arms, my friend!
Sorry, that's the ugly old Charlie talking. I reject the source of such a divisive slur. (because I love you)
I cannot sit by and pretend that you are not causing harm with this UR thing, and with it affecting many other things we hold dear to our faith! I consider you a Brother in Christ, but I'm rebuking this harm your false doctrine is causing among us!
Thank you. You have my full support.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya aint fooling lambs . You know what you believe and what your mission truly is .
And i been a watching you my friend . I dont often post on posts , but i be a watching .
And , you aint fooling me and more so you aint fooling GOD .

Yea well feel free to show me a single instance of me posting that we don't need Jesus to go to the Father. Good luck!

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a story, but to me, the gospel refers to the four gospels in the Bible.
Do you not recognize the gospel of the Apostle Paul?

Romans 2:16 NIV
This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, that's the ugly old Charlie talking. I reject the source of such a divisive slur. (because I love you)

Thank you. You have my full support.

I've given you more than enough evidence to prove your doctrine is false, undisputable evidence!

But you will dispute anyway, so be it!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've given you more than enough evidence to prove your doctrine is false, undisputable evidence!

But you will dispute anyway, so be it!

Well then Steven and I are going to abduct you and force you to listen to Lawrence Welk for hours while we tickle your feet until you join us!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then Steven and I are going to abduct you and force you to listen to Lawrence Welk for hours while we tickle your feet until you join us!

I can certainly handle Lawrence Welk, never missed his old tv show.

But the tickling of my feet would be torture, I'd rather you resort to a baseball bat!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not recognize the gospel of the Apostle Paul?

Romans 2:16 NIV
This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.
Paul might call it a gospel, but I don't remember him giving a history of the life of Jesus.