The gospel according to... ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many gospels are there?

The gospel according to... Matthew
The gospel according to... Mark
The gospel according to... Luke
The gospel according to... John
The gospel according to... Paul

The gospel according to...Catholicism
The gospel according to...Protestantism
The gospel according to...Each denomination (x 1,000s)
The gospel according to...You ???

What's your story?
The gospel according to...You.

Luke 1:1-4
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled[a] among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mr E and Lambano

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

NIV

What's your story?

Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled[a] among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
Paul , matthew , luke , john , james , peter and most of all Christ all preached ONE GOSPEL
Drum roll ......................
THE GOSPEL OF GOD , OF HIS CHRIST JESUS . as far as catholicism , FLEE that
And as always test all things that all men DO teach . PETER and paul TAUGHT THE SAME GOSPEL
James and paul , the same gospel . ITS ONE GOSPLE and one alone and its for both jew and gentile .
JESUS CHRIST . all else is sinking sand . AS is this all inclusive satanic false love go spell from hell . BIBLE TIME

Reactions: Charlie24

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

NIV

What's your story?

There are four gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke & John. They are in the Bible.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are four gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke & John. They are in the Bible.
So...
No gospel according to... Paul ?
No gospel according to... Catholicism ?
No gospel according to... Protestantism ?
No gospel according to... Each denomination ? (x 1,000s)
No gospel according to... You ???

What's your story?
The gospel according to... You.

The gospels are personal accounts. What's yours?

Reactions: Lambano

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...
No gospel according to... Paul ?
No gospel according to... Catholicism ?
No gospel according to... Protestantism ?
No gospel according to... Each denomination ? (x 1,000s)
No gospel according to... You ???

What's your story?
The gospel according to... You.

The gospels are personal accounts. What's yours?
No, I see the gospels as accounts by people who witnessed the life of Jesus, or interviewed people who witnessed the life of Jesus.

Reactions: amigo de christo

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I see the gospels as accounts by people who witnessed the life of Jesus, or interviewed people who witnessed the life of Jesus.
Oh, I think you meant Gospel (capital "G") as in a book.
I'm talking about the testimony of believers about the message of the gospel and how it effected them, their story. (gospel)
And our story too. So, you don't have a story? ???

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What's your story?

Steven, I can't say here what comes to mind, that would be the old Charlie rearing his ugly head. But I will say this! I'm sorry that I become so angry when I see posts like this, and i know there are many that look down me because of it, but it breaks my heart to see these things, knowing it's the UR angle in which you are approaching this.

God chose 4 men to give the account of what they witnessed, and together they give us the full account of what God wants us to know.

There have been several who think they have found fault in comparing these accounts, only to be shown they were wrong.

I spent several months on an Atheist website, years ago, debunking these very things concerning the Gospels.

The truth is, most have no idea what the Gospel truly is, they just give their opinion!

Paul told us what the Gospel is, as he is the only one who explains everything we need to know. From his definition, the true Gospel is seen in the 4 accounts.

I Cor. 15:1-11
"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed."

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I think you meant Gospel (capital "G") as in a book.
I'm talking about the testimony of believers about the message of the gospel and how it effected them, their story. (gospel)
And our story too. So, you don't have a story? ???
I have a story, but to me, the gospel refers to the four gospels in the Bible.

Reactions: St. SteVen

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Steven, I can't say here what comes to mind, that would be the old Charlie rearing his ugly head. But I will say this! I'm sorry that I become so angry when I see posts like this, and i know there are many that look down me because of it, but it breaks my heart to see these things, knowing it's the UR angle in which you are approaching this.

God chose 4 men to give the account of what they witnessed, and together they give us the full account of what God wants us to know.

There have been several who think they have found fault in comparing these accounts, only to be shown they were wrong.

I spent several months on an Atheist website, years ago, debunking these very things concerning the Gospels.

The truth is, most have no idea what the Gospel truly is, they just give their opinion!

Paul told us what the Gospel is, as he is the only one who explains everything we need to know. From his definition, the true Gospel is seen in the 4 accounts.

I Cor. 15:1-11
"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed."
As for me i shall expose the false gospel of men the lie of all inclusive many paths to GOD .
And there will be zero apologies from me for doing so .
The ONLY GOSPEL that saves IS THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST . And as you well said we can see it in the four gospels
written by EYE witnesses or those who recorded first hand from said EYE WITNESSES .
STICK to the one true gospel . These cats come along always trying to plant doubts .
WELL it aint gonna work on the lambs . WE PREACH CHRIST . NOW LIFT THOSE HANDS ITS LORD PRAISING TIME .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. Anyone who disagrees with me is going to Hell!
Only those who disagree with CHRIST . THEY go to the lake of fire .
So my advice is , OPEN BIBLE and BELIEVE THE gospel accounts of those men and flee the delusion of men gone wrong .
Who come in as though they are of us , but they are not , and their fruits do show it .
For they will not POINT to CHRIST , the BIBLICAL ONE anyway . THEY try and point to a false love which saves none .
As for the true lambs we preach the TRUE LOVE OF GOD . BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS and YOU will be saved .
Many cats try and be real slick . But the lambs AINT GONNA BUY IT no matter how they do twist and twist
scriptures to form a lie . Lambs heed Christ and dont heed the circus show or their men .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for me i shall expose the false gospel of men the lie of all inclusive many paths to GOD .
And there will be zero apologies from me for doing so .
The ONLY GOSPEL that saves IS THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST . And as you well said we can see it in the four gospels
written by EYE witnesses or those who recorded first hand from said EYE WITNESSES .
STICK to the one true gospel . These cats come along always trying to plant doubts .
WELL it aint gonna work on the lambs . WE PREACH CHRIST . NOW LIFT THOSE HANDS ITS LORD PRAISING TIME .

Brother, that's exactly what it is! Placing doubt with an agenda in mind.

It has to be confronted, we can't ignore it as if it's not taking place!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only those who disagree with CHRIST . THEY go to the lake of fire .
So my advice is , OPEN BIBLE and BELIEVE THE gospel accounts of those men and flee the delusion of men gone wrong .
Who come in as though they are of us , but they are not , and their fruits do show it .
For they will not POINT to CHRIST , the BIBLICAL ONE anyway . THEY try and point to a false love which saves none .
As for the true lambs we preach the TRUE LOVE OF GOD . BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS and YOU will be saved .
Many cats try and be real slick . But the lambs AINT GONNA BUY IT no matter how they do twist and twist
scriptures to form a lie . Lambs heed Christ and dont heed the circus show or their men .

That's interesting and all but you would be more persuasive by sharing God's word rather than your own.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has to be confronted, we can't ignore it as if it's not taking place!
So let's say all the verses are wrong and God tortures nonbelievers forever. What do you suppose will happen to a guy like me who mistakenly believed, and shared the belief, that God is loving and merciful and finds a way to save all men? Is God going to put me testicle in a nut cracker and crush them 60 times a minute forever and ever?

• Haha

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's interesting and all but you would be more persuasive by sharing God's word rather than your own.
The WORD is the gospel of Christ . learn ye that bible .
Yall dont like the bible , cause it gets in the way of the all inclusive pope francis satanic lie from hell .
SO you heed men who poke and find faults with bible . All to believe a lie .
People who love a lie will believe anything that helps them to continue to believe a lie
But as for lambs , THEY LOVE TRUTH and not lies . Now BELIEVE THE GOSPEL . JESUS is the ONLY name whereby
any can be saved . LEARN IT or beware the day of the LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charlie, thanks for joining us. I hoped that you would.
And no, I had no intention of pushing a UR angle with this.
Unless someone asks me for MY gospel, I suppose.
You would want me to be honest with them, right?

I suppose you feel a "righteous indignation" when someone
proclaims something that ruffles your doctrinal feathers.
In order to avoid having my own own feathers ruffled,
I had to find a way to separate myself from my doctrine.

I know that is not easily done. It can become part of our identity.
And then we feel as if we are being attacked personally when someone disagrees.
Which leads to the victim game you are playing with me.

If you are asking for forgiveness, you are forgiven. No worries, brother.
But if you are asking me to quell my writing about what I believe...
I recommend a long walk on a short pier. - LOL

I would never ask you to limit the free expression of your faith.

Reactions: Patrick1966