The Gospel is actually good news and here is why.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not to avoid the cross ourselves because we think we avoid the power of sin and the responsibility for our sins by believing in a religious abstraction that has no power over sin.
Never said that. We will suffer as Paul did in 2Cor 11:23-28.
The standard of Christ today is reduced to having a form of godliness but denying the power. No one can be saved by having a certain religious belief. We will not be judged by our religious opinions and bents. No, we will be judged by our works. If we seek to be justified by Christ and are still found to be sinners....is Christ then a minister of sin? (that's in Gal. 2)
Never said that either. The Holy Spirit empowers those whom He dwells as their trust is in Jesus.
(Wife is calling gotta go, lol)

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus declared Zacchaeus righteous based on the Old Covenant standard of righteousness. He paid restitution to the ones he had cheated, which constitutes a righteous approach under the law.

Compare Luke 19 with exodus 22.

"If a man shall deliver unto his neighbour money or stuff to keep, and it be stolen out of the man's house; if the thief be found, let him pay double." (Ex. 22:7)

This has nothing to do with grace. it is according to the law. If a person breaks the law, then it shows that they are still under the law and need to fulfill its righteous obligations. Easy believism wasn't yet invented before a true grace was instituted. With the genuine comes all the attempts at counterfeiting the truth.
People were under the law until after Christ's death and resurrection, so he did the right thing at that time. His acts demonstrate his change of heart, i.e. he repented from his old ways.

BB even got it right when he said, "Wanna know what True Repentance looks like? Just check out the tale of the Evil Tax-Collector Who finally saw himself for the Lost Sinner that He was ( just like you and me ) and cried out, “ Lord, have Mercy on me, a Sinner”.... He Turned to God. Jesus said it got him Saved.It worked for him.It worked for me. It will work for anybody . It’s a Promise Of God."

If you are going to pull me up, check your facts first. I try to be correct and if I make a mistake, I will own up to it.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People were under the law until after Christ's death and resurrection, so he did the right thing at that time. His acts demonstrate his change of heart, i.e. he repented from his old ways.

BB even got it right when he said, "Wanna know what True Repentance looks like? Just check out the tale of the Evil Tax-Collector Who finally saw himself for the Lost Sinner that He was ( just like you and me ) and cried out, “ Lord, have Mercy on me, a Sinner”.... He Turned to God. Jesus said it got him Saved.It worked for him.It worked for me. It will work for anybody . It’s a Promise Of God."

If you are going to pull me up, check your facts first. I try to be correct and if I make a mistake, I will own up to it.

I don't think it's wise to say something here that isn't backed up in the bible. I think we have this modern view of salvation as something permanent whereas in reality we actually move in and out of a righteous standing with God. Salvation can mean many things. It can be a temporary condition of being delivered from a specific difficulty. It can be a preservation from evil. And ultimately, at the end of this age, it can mean that someone escapes from the second death. But to always assume that every act of deliverance means something eternal is a real stretch. Otherwise then all the people who were shipwrecked but remained on the ship with Paul would have been eternally saved as opposed to simply being delivered from the effects of the storm. They were delivered, saved, from a temporal death AT THAT TIME by remaining on the ship.

"Paul said to the centurion and to the soldiers, Except these abide in the ship, ye cannot be saved." (Acts 27:31)

How many people believe that one needs to stay on a ship to be saved? Is salvation only possible for those who are nautically inclined? Of course not. But the specificity of the narrative shows that salvation does NOT always mean, or even usually mean, an eternal salvation.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this modern view of salvation as something permanent whereas in reality we actually move in and out of a righteous standing with God.
Precious friend, Since "God Is The NEW Owner of the believer," HE
Would, In Fact, Have Plenty {12 DOZEN Passages!} To SAY, About:

this so-called reality = modern Old-Fashioned BIBLE view:

God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST!
God's Eternal Assurance

Thus,
our righteous standing With God, Is In Fact =
ETERNALLY Permanent!
Amen?

Please Be Richly Encouraged, Exhorted, and Edified!
God's Simple Will

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it's wise to say something here that isn't backed up in the bible. I think we have this modern view of salvation as something permanent whereas in reality we actually move in and out of a righteous standing with God. Salvation can mean many things. It can be a temporary condition of being delivered from a specific difficulty. It can be a preservation from evil. And ultimately, at the end of this age, it can mean that someone escapes from the second death. But to always assume that every act of deliverance means something eternal is a real stretch. Otherwise then all the people who were shipwrecked but remained on the ship with Paul would have been eternally saved as opposed to simply a deliverance from the effects of the storm, whereas they were delivered from a temporal death AT THAT TIME by remaining on the ship.

"Paul said to the centurion and to the soldiers, Except these abide in the ship, ye cannot be saved." (Acts 27:31)

How many people believe that one needs to stay on a ship to be saved? Is salvation only possible for those who are nautically inclined? Of course not. But the specificity of the narrative shows that salvation does NOT always mean, or even usually mean, an eternal salvation.
Let the last sentence where you say, "the specificity of the narrative shows that salvation does NOT always mean, or even usually mean, an eternal salvation," be a warning to the OSAS people.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

God's Eternal Assurance

Thus,
ETERNALLY Permanent!
Amen?

God's Simple Will
Eternally permanent, provided WE do not turn aside.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God's Eternal Assurance

Thus,
ETERNALLY Permanent!
Amen?

God's Simple Will

There is no such thing as "the believer". Do you realize that not everyone is of the faith who claims to be? So rather than make sweeping statements whereby the devil himself could take refuge in it (for a time), we need to look at the standard of Christ and measure ourselves against that.

As precious as your heart may be, you need to let the truth do its work on people rather have the truth become subordinate to belonging to a religious group whereby one could be cut off come judgment day.

Gentiles are not better than Jews. Many have an anti-Semitic stance whereby they believe that a Christians can in no way be cut off from the Lord on judgment day. But the opposite is true. Many will say on that day...Lord, Lord...only to find that their abstract notions of salvation have nothing to do with the eternal REALITY.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BB even got it right

Lol.....this made my day! It just proves the old maxim , “ Even the Blind Hog finds an Acorn”. Lol.....I guess even a broken clock gets it right twice a day!

Methinks ol’ BB gets a LOT more “ right” than you might realize.....Meanwhile, you certainly have the right to be wrong.....lol.....thanks again for the chuckle.....

Reactions: Cooper

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remarkable ? For sure!

It actually goes way beyond that——it’s “ AMAZING! “ ya ever hear the song, “ AMAZING GRACE ?”....it’s just like the sing says.....it ain’t fair.....get over it.....

“ Abraham BELIEVED God , and it was Counted to him as Righteousness”

Simply * BELIEVE *. the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 and you are Saved....that will get the Holy Spirit in you and “ Repenting Of Sins” will come automatically.....AFTER your Salvation.....let’s not put the cart before the horse....
ABRAHAM BELIVED GOD . NOT AS I ONCE DID . I TOO BELIEVED , LIKE THE DEVILS BELIEVE .
BUT MY HEART , MY LOVE WAS FAR FROM HIM . JUST LIKE MOST FOLKS I SEE TODAY
I SAY , JUST LIKE MOST FOLKS I SEE TODAY . LET US LEARN THE BIBLICAL CHRIST WELL
LET US LEARN THE DOCTRINE OF THE APOSTELS AND ALL SOUND BIBLICAL DOCTRINE .
DONT BE AS I ONCE WAS , DECIEVED AND DECIEVING OTHERS .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ABRAHAM BELIVED GOD . NOT AS I ONCE DID . I TOO BELIEVED , LIKE THE DEVILS BELIEVE .
BUT MY HEART , MY LOVE WAS FAR FROM HIM . JUST LIKE MOST FOLKS I SEE TODAY
I SAY , JUST LIKE MOST FOLKS I SEE TODAY . LET US LEARN THE BIBLICAL CHRIST WELL
LET US LEARN THE DOCTRINE OF THE APOSTELS AND ALL SOUND BIBLICAL DOCTRINE .
DONT BE AS I ONCE WAS , DECIEVED AND DECIEVING OTHERS .
E711647F-550A-4263-8CFA-71DD5EDE8B9B.png.36eb7a999b4b708fb926ff5ec7f7ff7a.png

Reactions: Cooper

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want me to name names, is that it?

You may, but you not wanting to do that, should not excuse the probable fact no one has ever really made the claim you claim they did.

If I were you, and you knew someone who made such a claim, I would ask them if it was ok to show us their post. I know I wouldn't mind at all.

That said, do you know of such a post?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may, but you not wanting to do that, should not excuse the probable fact no one has ever really made the claim you claim they did.

If I were you, and you knew someone who made such a claim, I would ask them if it was ok to show us their post. I know I wouldn't mind at all.

That said, do you know of such a post?
Here is what I said in the OP. Please tell me the claim I made that bothers you so bad, otherwise your posts have been on big derailment.

Tired of the Gospel being turned into a system of law that only drags us down, robs us of joy
and stifles our love for the One who died for us?
Tired of being rerouted back to the law in order to be sanctified or to prove that your faith is genuine?

The Gospel is actually good news and here is why.

1. God has actually concluded all people under sin, whether they be Jew or Gentile, rich poor, black or white etc. (Gal 3:22)

2. Jesus Christ perfectly fulfilled all the requirements for righteousness AND took all our sins upon Himself and took the punishment that those sins fully deserve. (Rom 5:19)

3. through faith, He declares us righteous, (Rom 3:28) robes us in that righteousness, (Gal 3:27), regenerates us as His children (Jn 1:12), and freely grants us the Holy Spirit (Gal 3:2) to strengthen us, enlighten us, convict, comfort and guide us and most of all, direct our hearts into the love of Jesus (Jn 16:7-14), who has granted eternal life as a free gift through faith in Him (Rom 5:15-18).

4. We died to the law that held us that we may live anew to God. (Rom 7:1-4) (Gal 2:19)

Please keep the responses civil and I'll try to do the same.

Perhaps you have a guilty conscience and think a couple of sentences with questions were directed at you. They weren't, I don't know the posters that well here and my introductory questions reflect that. Otherwise I would have given them exclamation marks and I would be obliged to name names.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what I said in the OP. Please tell me the claim I made that bothers you so bad, otherwise your posts have been on big derailment.

Perhaps you have a guilty conscience and think a couple of sentences with questions were directed at you. They weren't, I don't know the posters that well here and my introductory questions reflect that. Otherwise I would have given them exclamation marks and I would be obliged to name names.

Who is doing this from your post:

Tired of the Gospel being turned into a system of law that only drags us down, robs us of joy
and stifles our love for the One who died for us?
Tired of being rerouted back to the law in order to be sanctified or to prove that your faith is genuine?

If you choose to see it as a derailment or guilty conscious, as means to make it go away, that would be up to you, but that would not be factual.

Clearly I don't think you ever had reason for those very outrageous cutting, and serious charges in the first place, so that is why I ask. It was a simple question.

Stifle our love for the one who died for us? Seriously? Prove someone did that.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So have you ever decided to leave the ship with your 'free' will?
The main problem I have with the OSAS people, is that they say they are always saved even if we live a life that is not pleasing to God, it is impossible to backslide despite the warnings, and they seem to have forgotten it is necessary to persevere to the end of their days.
Otherwise, provided we live a life that is right with God, we bring honour and glory to His name, and we heed the warnings about the five foolish virgins I believe in the faithfulness of God unto salvation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it's wise to say something here that isn't backed up in the bible. I think we have this modern view of salvation as something permanent whereas in reality we actually move in and out of a righteous standing WITH God.

Your comment..."we"... is subjective, to "include" what is "NOT included."

Your comment..."WITH"...is SPOT ON!
(But not convinced, you know WHY).

Study of Scripture...reveals:

...men do not KNOW OF, or KNOW ABOUT God...UNTIL, they "HEAR" of, "HEAR" about God.

...any man HEARING (of, about) IS BLESSED, with a gift. The Gift is a MEASURE of Faith. From God.
(It's a gift, per mans effort)
Hear little, Receive little.
Hear alot, Receive alot.
Stop Hearing, Stop Receiving.

It's called "enlightment"...Hearing Gods Word.
It's called "tasting"... Mans beginning to Hear Gods Word.

A man "tasting" Gods WORD...Absolutely, is a man "receiving" the blessing of GOD WITH that man.

Heb 6:
[4] ...enlightened, (HEARD)
and have tasted of the heavenly gift, (FAITH) and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost...(the SPIRIT OF GOD WHO GIVES FAITH)....

Heb 6:
[6] If they shall fall away....

means...they CAN FALL AWAY...

How CAN a man FALL AWAY "AFTER" God has enlightened them, "AFTER" Gods (HOLY SPIRIT) has given them a taste of Gods Gift of Faith?

Simple.... the man STOPS DOING WHAT "gave him that "taste" of enlightenment and "gift" From Gods Holy Spirit.

the man STOPS "HEARING"

The "enlightenment" stops.
The "gift of Faith from Gods Holy Spirit" stops.
*The man IS NO LONGER WITH God.
*God IS NO LONGER WITH that man.

FACT
That man Never Repented of his sin.
That man Never gave his body unto Death.
That mans soul, was Not Saved.
That mans spirit, was Not Quickened.

WHY NOT
Because that man WAS NEVER...
"Converted "IN" Christ".

Inanutshell...
Being WITH the Lord God...IS merely a
Beginning.
Being "WITH....and IN" the Lord God...IS Salvation ACCOMPLISHED.

OSAS.....Expressly is about A MAN---->
WHO IS: Converted "IN" Christ.
Hence the word...
Once SAVED Always Saved.

OSAS....is NOT saying...OWAW..
(Once with always with).