The Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Will those that reply please define the Gospel as they see it? According to Paul's definition this is THE GOSPEL.

Rom 1:16-17
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."
NKJV

1 Cor 1:17-18
17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

Christ the Power and Wisdom of God (cf. Isa 29:14)

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
NKJV

1 Cor 15:1-5
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.

I believe that verses 3-4 is THE GOSPEL

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
NKJV

Rom 1:16-17-- The Just Live by Faith
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."

NKJV

1 Cor 1:18
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
NKJV

1 Cor 2:5
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
NKJV

And the purpose of quoting those verses is......

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
First, @SovereignGrace, and justbyfaith.

correct Jesus is the Father, the title of the Holy Spirit without Flesh and blood. and Jesus is the son, the title of the Holy Spirit With flesh, and blood.

if I'm in error, please reconcile John 1:3 with Isaiah 44:24. for if as the trinitarians say that the "Word" is the Son, the "Lord" and the Father is the "LORD" and they are separate ... PERSONS, then just reconcile the two given verses.

then we will know what, or who is the gospel

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father never took on flesh, nor did the Holy Spirit. It was God the Son who did that. The Father never became the Son, not in heaven or on earth. You are on an untenable path here.
I would say that the name of the son that was given in Isaiah 9:6 is, among other things, the everlasting Father.

Also, it should be clear that there is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5) and that that Lord is the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21).

And no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the power of the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 12:3).

There is one Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Now you can read my statements and reject them outright because they don't fit with what your natural mind wants to think; or you can look up the scriptures that I have provided to see whether what I am saying is so.

I would suggest that you be as a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:11).

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
An apologetic to lead us away from the teachings of Jesus...and the true nature of the kingdom of God.
Exactly imo. He has been willfully confused since I got here, and there is obviously about half of the Book he cannot even acknowledge, any time you're up for a game of whack-a-mole just Quote any "obedience" or "work" or even "follow" or "do" verse at him, and see what happens

Reactions: Episkopos

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It all seems ok until it is compared with the truth.

You're making some false conclusions and assertions, or at the least what you have said thus far is baseless.

So, the Scriptures he quoted aren't truth?

Tell me why you're brushing them off, you're being vague, or, you don't realize what you're doing. I think it would be rather simple for you to elaborate since it appears you think you have some sort of monopoly on this whole thing.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're making some false conclusions and assertions, or at the least what you have said thus far is baseless.

So, the Scriptures he quoted aren't truth?

Tell me why you're brushing them off, you're being vague, or, you don't realize what you're doing. I think it would be rather simple for you to elaborate since it appears you think you have some sort of monopoly on this whole thing.

Have you read the whole thread....or are you in the habit of an over eager judgment?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Read all of it. Are you going to answer, or are you ashamed of your gospel?
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re a Modalist. What you teach is the Father became the Son and that is Modalism.
I believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are distinct Persons within the Trinity. That defines me as not being a modalist.

You do not understand what I believe nor do I expect you to ever try to understand.

It is the same nightmare as in the last thread where this was discussed...a constant barrage of comments attempting to identify me as something that I simply am not. At some point I may just be silent and let the Lord be my defender; because He knows what I believe and why I believe it. If people who are of the flesh want to persecute me as being some kind of heretic because they do not know nor understand what they are referring to, then that is par for the course according to Galatians 4:29.

My confession would be according to the following:

Act 24:14, But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Therefore I am in good company with Paul.

Reactions: H. Richard

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are distinct Persons within the Trinity. That defines me as not being a modalist.

You do not understand what I believe nor do I expect you to ever try to understand.

It is the same nightmare as in the last thread where this was discussed...a constant barrage of comments attempting to identify me as something that I simply am not. At some point I may just be silent and let the Lord be my defender; because He knows what I believe and why I believe it. If people who are of the flesh want to persecute me as being some kind of heretic because they do not know nor understand what they are referring to, then that is par for the course according to Galatians 4:29.

My confession would be according to the following:

Act 24:14, But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Therefore I am in good company with Paul.

But you also believe the father became the son and the Holy Spirit and second person are the same.

Belief that God splits into different people is modalism.