The Heavens Declare

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
' ... For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven
against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men,
who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them;
for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,
being understood by the things that are made,
even His eternal power and Godhead;
so that they are without excuse: ... '

(Romans 1:18-20)

Hello there,

Romans 1:19, declares that that which may be known of God is manifest: that the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen.

- How was God known?
- How were His invisible things, (ie., His plans, his purposes, and His counsels) known since the creation of the world?​

* In Romans 10:18, after stating that ,'faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word (the things spoken, or sayings) of God', Paul asks, ' ... 'Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound (ie., teaching, message, instruction) went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.'

- How have they heard?
- What words? - What instruction? - Whose teaching?

* There is only one answer, and that is, THE HEAVENS. For Romans 10:18 is quoted from Psalm 19, the first part of which is occupied with the revelation of God written in the Heavens, and the latter part with the revelation of God written in the Word.

'The heavens declare the glory of God;
.. and the firmament sheweth His handywork.
.... Day unto day uttereth speech,
...... and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
There is no speech nor language,
.. where their voice is not heard.
.... Their line is gone out through all the earth,
...... and their words to the end of the world.
In them hath He set a tabernacle for the sun,
.. Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
.... and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
...... His going forth is from the end of the heaven,
........ and his circuit unto the ends of it:
.......... and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.'

(Psalm 19:1-6)

* I have a book entitled, 'The Witness of the Stars' (by E.W. Bullinger), which looks at this subject in depth. It is a subject avoided by many because of the Babylonian misuse of the zodiacal signs: but they were placed in the heavens by God Himself, and their message has become obliterated by time and Satanic travesty.

* I bring this up at this time, because of a conversation I had with my granddaughter about an item of news concerning how NASA has revealed a 13th zodiacal sign. I find this significant, coming as it is at this present time in world affairs. Obviously the constellation has been there in the sky since the beginning, but it is now coming to the fore. It's name is Ophiuchus (the snake bearer).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To not believe in God is to be blinded by Satan!

2 Corinthians 4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe,

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a book entitled, 'The Witness of the Stars' (by E.W. Bullinger), which looks at this subject in depth. It is a subject avoided by many because of the Babylonian misuse of the zodiacal signs: but they were placed in the heavens by God Himself, and their message has become obliterated by time and Satanic travesty.

I got that same book long ago- and the SAME MESSAGE is STILL IN THE STARS as always....
(the Gospel Message in the Stars, by the Creator, to the whole world, along with total evidence of the Creator - as He Himself Says - so no man has an excuse )

among men, rarely in truth....

as this is true > it is not possible for the carnal, man of flesh, the old man, the worldly man, to grasp it at all....
but if one seeks the Creator, and keeps seeking the Creator... the Creator's Promise is Still Truth.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How have they heard?
* There is only one answer, and that is, THE HEAVENS.

As for hearing >
(many more at url) >
HOW CAN THEY HEAR IN THE BIBLE

Matthew 13:17
For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

John 5:25
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Ezekiel 12:2
Son of man, thou dwellest in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not; they have ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house.

Mark 4:23 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* I bring this up at this time, because of a conversation I had with my granddaughter about an item of news concerning how NASA has revealed a 13th zodiacal sign. I find this significant, coming as it is at this present time in world affairs. Obviously the constellation has been there in the sky since the beginning, but it is now coming to the fore. It's name is Ophiuchus (the snake bearer).
That's interesting!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The heavens declare the glory of God;

This in my opinion is an account of the Apostles of God, and anyone who declares His Glory.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 123:1 KJV
Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens. It's where He dwells

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
' ... For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven
against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men,
who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them;
for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,
being understood by the things that are made,
even His eternal power and Godhead;
so that they are without excuse: ... '

(Romans 1:18-20)

Hello there,

Romans 1:19, declares that that which may be known of God is manifest: that the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen.

- How was God known?
- How were His invisible things, (ie., His plans, his purposes, and His counsels) known since the creation of the world?​

* In Romans 10:18, after stating that ,'faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word (the things spoken, or sayings) of God', Paul asks, ' ... 'Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound (ie., teaching, message, instruction) went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.'

- How have they heard?

* There is only one answer, and that is, THE HEAVENS. For Romans 10:18 is quoted from Psalm 19, the first part of which is occupied with the revelation of God written in the Heavens, and the latter part with the revelation of God written in the Word.

'The heavens declare the glory of God;

* I have a book entitled, 'The Witness of the Stars' (by E.W. Bullinger), which looks at this subject in depth. It is a subject avoided by many because of the Babylonian misuse of the zodiacal signs: but they were placed in the heavens by God Himself, and their message has become obliterated by time and Satanic travesty.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

This is a wonderful post, Chris. I was sharing about this with someone just yesterday, that there are three zodiac constellations mentioned by name in Job, as having been created by God. They are each deacons of the various "signs" we refer to in astrology, of which by the way Ophiuchus is another (it's a deacon in Scorpio).

Anyway, The Bear (Ursa Major) is one of the three deacons in Cancer, and Pleiades and Orion are deacons in Taurus.

330554_7a82df62f5da4be21c8a02e2b39df56d.jpeg

These are not individual star names, but astrological signs in the heavens, and spoken of in scripture in a favorable light, as having been created by God Himself and revealed to men:

1 Then Job answered and said, 2 "I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God? 3 If he will contend with Him, he cannot answer Him one of a thousand. 4 He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength... 5 Which removeth mountains... 6 Which shaketh the earth out of her place.. . 7 Which commandeth the sun... 8 Which alone spreadeth out the heavens... 9 Which maketh The Bear, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south." (Job 9:1-9)

I forget what the chambers of the South refer to, but it is fairly easy to establish that God is the one who created the "signs" as they are called, and that they ultimately point to the redemption story of Christ.

And I'll go you one further: I couldn't give two cents for newspaper predictions; that's garbage astrology. But anyone who studies personalities long enough will start to recognize the truth in all of us being born with different characters. I am very true to my sign, and I know many brothers and sisters who are very true to theirs as well. These traits we are born with do not disappear when we come to Christ either, or abide in Him to increasing extents, surrendering our wills to Him. The more He manifests Himself through us, the more it will be in line the person He created us to be from the beginning. I referenced this by using the analogy of rainbow the other day, but a more accurate way to describe it is through the signs:
Working Out Your Salvation

All twelve represent the fullness of the personality of God, manifesting Himself in twelve different ways. That's why there were 12 disciples, 12 Hebrew tribes, 12 gates to the city of God, 12 months in the calendar year.

The shame is, most are too timid (or cowardly) to talk about such things for fear of being branded an occultist. I couldn't care less. I know what is true and I will not be intimidated by men. If more of the body of Christ knew each other more intently, they would know better how to care for one another.

Anyway, someone seriously ought to write a book on it from the Christian perspective some day. But like all wisdom, God reserves it for a time and place.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@kcnalp
@Joseph77
@marks
@Waiting on him
@Hidden In Him

'And God said,
Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven
.. to divide the day from the night;
.... and let them be for signs,
...... and for seasons,
........ and for days,
.......... and years:

(Gen 1:14)

Hello there,

Thank you all for your responses to my OP, and for your comments. I had thought to ask the administrators to delete the thread, for it was not being addressed: so I am astonished to see so many responses.

* Talking to my son-in-law last night, about the news reports of NASA and this constellation, he told me it was fake-news.

* Looking at the book I referred to, 'The Witness of the Stars', the last of the signs in the circle of constellations, is that of' the Lion of the Tribe of Judah' aroused for the rending of the prey: there are three constellations which make up this sign (Latin name:- Leo) to complete this final picture; they are:-

1) Hydra:- the old Serpent destroyed
2) Crater:- the Cup of Divine wrath poured out upon him.
3) Corvus:- the Bird of prey devouring him.

* The Lion is presented treading down the Serpent: the Bird of prey is perched upon it, while below is a plumed female figure holding out two cups, answering to Crater, the cup of wrath.

* The Hebrew name for the sign is Arieh, which means 'the Lion'. There are apparently 6 Hebrew words for lion, and this one is used of the Lion hunting down his prey.

* It is a beautiful constellation of 95 stars, two of which are of the 1st magnitude, two of the 2nd, and six of the 3rd, thirteen of the 4th. The brightest star (on the ecliptic), marks the heart of the Lion. It's ancient name is Regulus, which means 'treading under foot'. The next star, also of the 1st magnitude (in the tip of the tail) is named Denebola, 'the Judge or Lord who cometh'. The star (in the mane) is called Al Giebha (Arabic) , 'the exaltation'. The star (on the hinder part of the back) is called Zosma, 'shining forth'. Other stars, not identified, are named Sarcam (Hebrew), 'the joining', intimating that here is the point where the two ends of the Zodiacal circle have their 'joining'. Another star has the name of Minchir al asad (Arabic), 'The punishing or tearing of the Lion'. Another is Deneb Aleced, 'the judge cometh who seizes'. And another Al Defera (Arabic), 'the enemy put down'. How expressive these are aren't they? All pointing to what is said concerning the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Messiah, in Scripture. (Revelation 5:5):-

'And one of the elders saith unto me,
Weep not:
behold,
the Lion of the tribe of Judah,
the Root of David,
hath prevailed to open the book,
and to loose the seven seals thereof.'

* The Lion was the symbol on the ensign raised representing the tribe of Judah (Numbers 2), during the wilderness wandering and afterwards.
* See also Genesis 49:8-9, Numbers 24:8-9, Amos 3:4 & 8 and Isaiah 42:13.
* So the revelation in the heavens and in the written word of God are the same.

Praise God!

*There is so much more said in relation to this constellation that is interesting, and it's bearing on the prophecy of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Note:-

Another book that I have on this subject is entitled, 'Mazzaroth' (or the constellations) by Frances Rolleston, which you might be interested in.

Thank you.
Chris

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Another book that I have on this subject is entitled, 'Mazzaroth' (or the constellations) by Frances Rolleston.

Thank you.
(not marketing - no link) just pleasantly surprised to see the two books mentioned together (and available) )
Mazzaroth by Frances Rolleston (2008-07-01) 5.0 out of 5 stars 1. Paperback. $31.41. The Witness of the Stars (Illustrated) E W Bullinger. 4.4 out of 5 stars 208. Paperback. $5.98. Next. What other items do customers buy after viewing this item? Page 1 of 1 Start over

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(not marketing - no link) just pleasantly surprised to see the two books mentioned together (and available) )
Mazzaroth by Frances Rolleston (2008-07-01) 5.0 out of 5 stars 1. Paperback. $31.41. The Witness of the Stars (Illustrated) E W Bullinger. 4.4 out of 5 stars 208. Paperback. $5.98. Next. What other items do customers buy after viewing this item? Page 1 of 1 Start over
Psalm 147:4-5 KJV
He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names. [5] Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

Reactions: Joseph77

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Another book that I have on this subject is entitled, 'Mazzaroth' (or the constellations) by Frances Rolleston, which you might be interested in.

Thank you.
Chris

I hadn't heard of that work, but I also own The Gospel in the Stars, by Joseph A Seiss, and God's Voice in the Stars, by Kenneth Fleming. I heard James Kennedy also did a work on it as well, though I never purchased it.

Reactions: charity

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." (here clearly, the bible establish the quanta or the quantum world that we live in).

for God who is invisible is called the Father of the STARS, Job 38:6 "Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;"
Job 38:7 "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?".

here in Job 38, the mornging stars and the sons of God which are the actual stars in heavens and the Sun, (which is a star), and the Moon.

ASTRONOMY and not astrology, is of God. Astronomy is the study of the work of God in his created universe and its contents outside of Earth’s atmosphere. their positions, motions, and properties of celestial objects. astrology on the other hand, attempts to study how those positions, motions, and properties affect people and events on the Earth. big difference.

PICJAG.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." (here clearly, the bible establish the quanta or the quantum world that we live in).

for God who is invisible is called the Father of the STARS, Job 38:6 "Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;"
Job 38:7 "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?".

here in Job 38, the mornging stars and the sons of God which are the actual stars in heavens and the Sun, (which is a star), and the Moon.

ASTRONOMY and not astrology, is of God. Astronomy is the study of the work of God in his created universe and its contents outside of Earth’s atmosphere. their positions, motions, and properties of celestial objects. astrology on the other hand, attempts to study how those positions, motions, and properties affect people and events on the Earth. big difference.

PICJAG.

yes, partly.

I think it is known (as shown by the OP) that the meaning and use of "astrology" has changed throughout history, and in different individuals or groups.

Just as the meaning and use of "Christendom"/"Christianity" is not at all what it was in the first century.
It changed woefully , demonstratably, as multitudes were executed/martyred by so-called religious , political, "Christian" leaders in so-called "Christian " countries.... throughout history.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, partly.

I think it is known that the meaning and use of "astrology" has changed throughout history, and in different individuals or groups.

Just as the meaning and use of "Christendom"/"Christianity" is not at all what it was in the first century.
It changed woefully , demonstratably, as multitudes were executed/martyred by so-called religious , political, "Christian" leaders in so-called "Christian " countries.... throughout history.
Agreed, when people use astrology with man's wisdom of this world this is where they run amok.

PICJAG.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, when people use astrology with man's wisdom of this world this is where they run amok.

PICJAG.
Yes, and more common (over billions of souls) also, less aware - when people use SCRIPTURE with man's wisdom of this world this is where they run amok. (false gospels and all)