The Hebrew New Testament . . .

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never studied Hebrews; though over 35 years ago I tried to learn the Hebrew letters.
That's about how it was for me. I had studied Greek, and wanted to move on to Hebrew, so I started with the alphabet, and never got past it.

:)

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That's about how it was for me. I had studied Greek, and wanted to move on to Hebrew, so I started with the alphabet, and never got past it.

:)
The grammar in Hebrew is kind of absent and complex at the same time: words floating around, hints and subtleties there if you think so, not there if you don't, ....etc.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The grammar in Hebrew is kind of absent and complex at the same time: words floating around, hints and subtleties there if you think so, not there if you don't, ....etc.
My understanding is that what has been filled in by vowel points was known by the ancient speakers, and that this leaves us with not only an dead language, Biblical Hebrew, but also with true gaps in expression, as the native speaker had knowledge we don't. True of any dead language, but, again, my understanding, particularly noticeable in ancient Hebrew.

I'm sure there are those here who know much more about this than me.

Much love!

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My understanding is that what has been filled in by vowel points was known by the ancient speakers, and that this leaves us with not only an dead language, Biblical Hebrew, but also with true gaps in expression, as the native speaker had knowledge we don't. True of any dead language, but, again, my understanding, particularly noticeable in ancient Hebrew.

I'm sure there are those here who know much more about this than me.

Much love!
Yes, the vowel pointing made a lot of difference; which is where the Masoretes came in...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed...
And the parts missing from the Masoretic MS, yet quoted from the Septuagint in the New Testament.

It seems to me that God has preserved His Word, and we can know what He said.

Farouk, I really enjoy you're love for the Word!!

Much love!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again, you've shown that there's essentially no reason for me to respond to what you're posting. I will simply assume that you seek to be treated the same way you treat me, and click "ignore". Now you can post to your heart's content all manner of irrelevant posts, and see exactly what it feels like to post one post after another only to be ignored.

I find this to be a rude response that commits the Appeal to Ridicule Logical Fallacy.