The higher quality the MEAT...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
We eat meats of all kinds. Some are tough and chewy, and some are tender and nearly melt in your mouth. If you go to the butcher, the quality of the meat is based on this factor. The more tender, juicy, and tasty it is... the more you will pay for it. However, it doesn't actually sustain us any more than the tougher meats, does it? I mean, meat is meat. If anything at all, the more tender the meat is, the higher fat content it has (which we all know, is generally not good for us).So... spiritually speaking... how do we determine the quality of the meat? Is it hard to chew, or does it go down smooth?

takaki

May 9, 2008
I found this to be a very interesting thought. Take a look at this verse:But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, [even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.(Hebrew 5:14)Writer of Hebrew is saying in verse 12 of the same chapter, "you should be a teacher than a student, chewing on strong meat than milk." And explains what he meant by strong meant in the verse 14 as above...

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(takaki;49325)
I found this to be a very interesting thought. Take a look at this verse:But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, [even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.(Hebrew 5:14)Writer of Hebrew is saying in verse 12 of the same chapter, "you should be a teacher than a student, chewing on strong meat than milk." And explains what he meant by strong meant in the verse 14 as above...
There is so much understanding in that verse... the verse itself is meaty! Which makes it all the more interesting.I just want to quote it again...But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil"What a profound gift God has given us in wisdom... to descern good and evil. I pray that I would be better and better at it... but that I would not neglect to remember that everyone is not yet on the meat... and babies should be given the milk they need. Not only that, but milk is profitable for grown-ups too.
smile.gif
I believe it was Peter that said he did not neglect to give the pure milk of the Word...