The Holy Ghost

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Being baptized with The Holy Spirit allows you to pray in tongues?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Do not know

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Wow dude! Are you a christian or a judge. I don't have a prayer language but I would be scared to judge God's child. Just saying!

Yet you have just judged one that you don't know and according to what?

57 "Yes, and why, even of yourselves, do you not judge what is right?

30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
How do you figure I judged? I said I would be afraid to judge. Just b/c God did not give me a prayer language he could not give someone else one? Really? Way I see it is that a lot of religious people think that just b/c God did not do it the way they experienced it then it is wrong. Well it is not my place to judge that. When God shows me it is wrong then I listen but just b/c one persons prayer language is wrong then I can judge they are all wrong? I think not. I heard them creepy and I heard them good. No I do not have this gift but since you don't have the gift how could u know? Just saying!!!!!

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
How do you figure I judged? I said I would be afraid to judge. Just b/c God did not give me a prayer language he could not give someone else one? Really? Way I see it is that a lot of religious people think that just b/c God did not do it the way they experienced it then it is wrong. Well it is not my place to judge that. When God shows me it is wrong then I listen but just b/c one persons prayer language is wrong then I can judge they are all wrong? I think not. I heard them creepy and I heard them good. No I do not have this gift but since you don't have the gift how could u know? Just saying!!!!!

You never asked me if I had the gift. You assumed because i call utterances, that are meaningless to me "Babel" that i am against tongues. That was never said. Nevertheless If people want to walk on God's courts they aught to abide by His rules. If there is no interpreter it is to be kept quiet in public. Period.

Of course If any church has written there own gospel then they only have a short time to continue to do as they please.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“My fear is not that our great movement, known as the Methodists, will
eventually cease to exist or one day die from the earth. My fear is that our
people will become content to live without the fire, the power, the
excitement, the supernatural element that makes us great!” – John Wesley

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There are different kinds of fire; there is false fire. No one knows this better than we do, but we are not such fools as to refuse good bank notes because there are false ones in circulation; and although we see here and there manifestations of what appears to us to be nothing more than mere earthly fire, we none the less prize and value, and seek for the genuine fire which comes from the altar of the Lord.
~ General William Booth