The Holy Spirit and all that he does

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
Jews and Christians know who God the Father is. Christians know who God the Son is. Who is God the Holy Spirit and what does he do?This is not meant to be a dialog, but it can be. I hope that people will add verses and thoughts on who the Holy Spirit is to them, so that as we read through the thread we will have a deeper understanding and appreciation.Who then is the third person in the Trinity, the Holy Spirit? What is his role?(If you do not believe in the Trinity, I will respect that, but let's not debate that here.)I will start off with the next posting in effort to keep it brief (always a challenge for me.)Blessings,Dunamite

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
He is our guarantor of salvation:Ephesians 1: 13 - 14 13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.

Nov 8, 2007
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ. If I HAD MORE REST and Time, I'd be putting more emphasis. He is our Advocate, our witness, our God, our Rest spiritual Sabbath, The Spirit of the Lord Yeshua HaMashiach Poured out, The Fullness of the Godhead in the Spirit Form, The Spirit of the Father and the Son. The Spirit of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, our comforter, our savior, The revealer of Truth and Love.I will not debate on the Trinity but if My signature can tell you alittle Bit.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
The Holy Spirit comforts me, builds me up,strenghtens me, guides me, reminds me of the Gods word, gives me the word for specific situation, not always, that's my fault I guess. The holy spirit dwells in me, gives me joy,which comes from the Lord. The holy Spirit gives me peace. He gives different gifts for Christians. Without the Holy Spirit I would be nothing, He gives wisdom and power. He is awesome !! We are the temple of the Holy Spirit.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that I take a lot from the comfort of the following verses:Romans 8:26-27
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(Dunamite;23589)
Jews and Christians know who God the Father is. Christians know who God the Son is. Who is God the Holy Spirit and what does he do?This is not meant to be a dialog, but it can be. I hope that people will add verses and thoughts on who the Holy Spirit is to them, so that as we read through the thread we will have a deeper understanding and appreciation.Who then is the third person in the Trinity, the Holy Spirit? What is his role?(If you do not believe in the Trinity, I will respect that, but let's not debate that here.)I will start off with the next posting in effort to keep it brief (always a challenge for me.)Blessings,Dunamite
The Holy Spirit is something every one should seek after for several reasons.[1] He makes us jist like Jesus, John 14:16, The word "Another" means [One just like me][2] He gives us power to witness and live a Christian life Acts 1: 8,[3] There are 9 supernatural gifts that He gives, 1 Corinthians 12: 7--11,[4] He gives us the love of God, Romans 5: 5,[5] He gives us peace and joy, Romans 14: 17.[6] He Helps us grow, Isaiah 28: 11--12 He is likened To rest, Luke 11: 11--13, He is likened to food, John 7: 37--39, He is likened to drink.We all need rest, food and drink to help us grow.[7]He interceeds through us and for us, Romans 8; 26-27,[7] He is a seperate experience to the rebirth, called,the Baptism in the Holy Ghost.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
Thanks for all of the great responses. Keep them coming. We can never have too much of the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 2: 6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"— 10 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. 14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.​

Kay

Feb 28, 2008
Well, this is certainly a very good topic! Having believed in God as long as I can remember, I was still confused about what part the Holy Spirit played in 'my' life, until about two years ago. After LOTS of study and looking up verses regarding the Holy Spirit, I took refuge in the fact that sometimes, when it was difficult to express what I wanted to talk to God about, the Holy Spirit was my LINK! Now, I count on the Holy Spirit to fend off thoughts inspired by the Devil, or bad thoughts in the past (also I am sure Devil-inspired), to 'invade' others dreams or thoughts to get them thinking about Christ, etc. AND IT WORKS!
smile.gif
Kay

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I love the Spirit. A lot of people recognize the Spirit as an it, I sometimes have that problem, but I know that the Spirit is a He.