The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
'What comes out of the mouth is the overflowing of the heart' ... listening carefully will identify the spirit that speaks irrespective of the tag/identity people choose to put forward.

yes but the heart is only evil continually[Gen 6:5] - very deceitful and desperately wicked[Jer17:9]- ,controlled by the devil[Jn 13:2] etc = old twinc has waited long along the silent shores - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Sure,
He was pointing out the God will pour out His Spirit on whomever He chooses, and that , just as Peter did, we need to welcome these people into the Church. (Who can refuse these the water?)
He used an example from his homeland India, where Ghandi was drawn to Christ and the Church, but was refused entrance...
His point was that we need to recognize the Spirit moving in/on people and not to turn them away..

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

no, no that was there and then - now Jn 14:17applies - btw what Ghandi said was he was drawn to Christ but not to Christianity - btw like Nicodemus, Ghandi has been or will be born again as a Christian - imho - twinc

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
no, no that was there and then - now Jn 14:17applies - btw what Ghandi said was he was drawn to Christ but not to Christianity - btw like Nicodemus, Ghandi has been or will be born again as a Christian - imho - twinc

Twinc,
Im not sure how anything I or Fr.Mike said changes with regard to John 14:17.

As for Ghandi, well he was there so i have no reason to doubt his story.

Peace!

Christ IS risen. Alleluia!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Twinc,
Im not sure how anything I or Fr.Mike said changes with regard to John 14:17.

As for Ghandi, well he was there so i have no reason to doubt his story.

Peace!

Christ IS risen. Alleluia!

See below selection copied and pasted from "Family Times.net"

In his autobiography, Mahatma Gandhi wrote that during his student days he read the Gospels seriously and considered converting to Christianity. He believed that in Jesus he could find the solution to the caste system that was dividing the people of India. So one Sunday he decided to attend services at a nearby church and talk to the minister about becoming a Christian. When he entered the sanctuary, however, the usher refused to give him a seat and suggested that he go worship with his own people. Gandhi left the church and never returned, “If Christians have caste differences also, “ he said, “I might as well remain a Hindu.” That usher’s prejudice not only betrayed Jesus but also turned a person away from trusting Him as Savior.