The human life is not meant for actions and enjoying fruits.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He calls himself "dattaswami8." The title "swami" is in there. He also mentions an 8th century Indian theologian named Shankara. Based on these things, it appears that he is "Hindu."

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
dattaswami8's avatar is misleading and inappropriate. Jesus is just part of the Hindu pantheon, to them. This is the Church's relationship with the Hindus:

1. In our time, when day by day mankind is being drawn closer together, and the ties between different peoples are becoming stronger, the Church examines more closely her relationship to non-Christian religions. In her task of promoting unity and love among men, indeed among nations, she considers above all in this declaration what men have in common and what draws them to fellowship.

One is the community of all peoples, one their origin, for God made the whole human race to live over the face of the earth.(1) One also is their final goal, God. His providence, His manifestations of goodness, His saving design extend to all men,(2) until that time when the elect will be united in the Holy City, the city ablaze with the glory of God, where the nations will walk in His light.(3)

Men expect from the various religions answers to the unsolved riddles of the human condition, which today, even as in former times, deeply stir the hearts of men: What is man? What is the meaning, the aim of our life? What is moral good, what is sin? Whence suffering and what purpose does it serve? Which is the road to true happiness? What are death, judgment and retribution after death? What, finally, is that ultimate inexpressible mystery which encompasses our existence: whence do we come, and where are we going?

2. From ancient times down to the present, there is found among various peoples a certain perception of that hidden power which hovers over the course of things and over the events of human history; at times some indeed have come to the recognition of a Supreme Being, or even of a Father. This perception and recognition penetrates their lives with a profound religious sense.

Religions, however, that are bound up with an advanced culture have struggled to answer the same questions by means of more refined concepts and a more developed language. Thus in Hinduism, men contemplate the divine mystery and express it through an inexhaustible abundance of myths and through searching philosophical inquiry. They seek freedom from the anguish of our human condition either through ascetical practices or profound meditation or a flight to God with love and trust. Again, Buddhism, in its various forms, realizes the radical insufficiency of this changeable world; it teaches a way by which men, in a devout and confident spirit, may be able either to acquire the state of perfect liberation, or attain, by their own efforts or through higher help, supreme illumination. Likewise, other religions found everywhere try to counter the restlessness of the human heart, each in its own manner, by proposing "ways," comprising teachings, rules of life, and sacred rites. The Catholic Church rejects nothing that is true and holy in these religions. She regards with sincere reverence those ways of conduct and of life, those precepts and teachings which, though differing in many aspects from the ones she holds and sets forth, nonetheless often reflect a ray of that Truth which enlightens all men. Indeed, she proclaims, and ever must proclaim Christ "the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6), in whom men may find the fullness of religious life, in whom God has reconciled all things to Himself.(4)

The Church, therefore, exhorts her sons, that through dialogue and collaboration with the followers of other religions, carried out with prudence and love and in witness to the Christian faith and life, they recognize, preserve and promote the good things, spiritual and moral, as well as the socio-cultural values found among these men.

footnotes:
1. Cf. Acts 17:26
2. Cf. Wis. 8:1; Acts 14:17; Rom. 2:6-7; 1 Tim. 2:4
3. Cf. Apoc. 21:23f.
4. Cf 2 Cor. 5:18-19

DECLARATION ON THE RELATION OF THE CHURCH TO NON-CHRISTIAN RELIGIONS
NOSTRA AETATE

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Church, therefore, exhorts her sons, that through dialogue and collaboration with the followers of other religions, carried out with prudence and love and in witness to the Christian faith and life, they recognize, preserve and promote the good things, spiritual and moral, as well as the socio-cultural values found among these men.
Christians cannot "dialogue and collaborate" with false religions.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The human life is not meant for actions and enjoying fruits.

Shankara concentrated very much on the concept of God, which is the sole aim of this human life. The human life is very rare by itself and to get a second human life is more and more rare. Other religions say that it is impossible. Most rareness and impossibility are one and the same and on this point, there is no need of fight between religions. The human life is not meant for actions and enjoying fruits. This is the main reason of postponing the enjoyment of good results or punishments to other upper worlds (Bhoga lokas) after this human life. People are worried when the results of actions are not seen in this world at once. They think that this human life is meant for actions and enjoyment of fruits only. The fruits can be given at another place and after this precious human life. There is no hurry for that because that is not the main aim of human life in the eye of God as the case of the Government.

The purpose of creating separate upper worlds and the purpose of postponement of results to these upper worlds after human life is only for this. The time is meant for a different purpose and this earth (Bhuloka) is meant to be the actual campus for doing work of God to achieve the grace of Lord (Karmaloka). The word ‘karma’ in philosophy does not mean ordinary worldly actions. It means only divine works, which are service to God. To differentiate from worldly work, this divine work is called as “karma yoga”. The word ‘yoga’ means achievement of God in human form, after perfect identification (Brahma Jnana) for doing service (karma) directly. Service to temples or churches is indirect, but, even that is greater than worldly work, because the concept of doing work to God exists even in that type of representative worship. Something is better than nothing and everything in the beginning is only something.

Sounds self centered to me. We are all called to love others through service......the opposite of self centeredness

Reactions: Philip James

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A very odd analogy of life, that's for sure.
You're all about good works, which saves nobody.
And if your only hope is a possible chance of a 2nd human life, then you really don't have any hope at all.
By the way, you didn't explain, but what makes you think this was your first life?
I thought you people had to start out as cockroaches or something and then work your way up.

I see no reason to be insulting toward anyone's faith or beliefs this in no way exemplifies the character likeness of Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see no reason to be insulting toward anyone's faith or beliefs this in no way exemplifies the character likeness of Christ Jesus our Lord.
Who are you?
Have I ever spoken to you before?
Am I to bow down to you or what?
Maybe an introduction is in line before you go insulting me.
Maybe not.
Maybe you just want me to act like you and think like you and be like you and interpret Scripture like you.
Nothing wrong with that.
Won't happen, but there's nothing wrong with it.

Let's start here.
I apologize to the Hari Krishna for trying to convert us.
And I apologize to you for speaking my mind without your teaching and permission first.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are you?
Have I ever spoken to you before?
Am I to bow down to you or what?
Maybe an introduction is in line before you go insulting me.
Maybe not.
Maybe you just want me to act like you and think like you and be like you and interpret Scripture like you.
Nothing wrong with that.
Won't happen, but there's nothing wrong with it.

Let's start here.
I apologize to the Hari Krishna for trying to convert us.
And I apologize to you for speaking my mind without your teaching and permission first.

Ah-oh

Another disqualification for the list......

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
What this false messiah was is the founder of his own cult. Some bastardization of Hinduism and Christianity.

Consider his posts a lesson on how seductive, wise and learned the wolves can be.

Reactions: Enoch111