The Hypocrisy Of False Expressions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
The Hypocrisy of False Expressions
-- 1 Tim. 4:1-2

(or, "a demonstration of the strange influence of demons")

... among Christians
What They Say .....>..... What They Mean
"There's nothing you must do to be saved......" ....>.... "Here's what you must do to be saved:"

"You are absolutely, totally helpless to save yourself." ....>.... "You must make a wise decision in order to be saved."

"God controls all things." ....>.... "God doesn't control man's free will."

"We can't boast about going to heaven." ....>.... "If we go to hell, it's our own fault."

"Love never faileth!" ....>... "Love can't overcome human stubborness."

"Men are in bondage to sin." ....>..... "Men are free to choose Christ."

"Grace is unmerited favor..." ....>..... "... given only to those who merit it with faith and

obedience."

"GOD IS THE SAVIOR OF ALL MANKIND(1 Tim. 4:10)..." ....>..... "... except for about ninety percent of them."

"GOD'S LOVE IN UNCONDITIONAL..." .....>... "... as long as you meet certain conditions."

"GOD'S WILL IS UNOPPOSABLE..." ....>.... "... except by the sinner."

"Salvation is not a thing of chance." .....>.... "There is no second chance to be saved."

"WE HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU !" .....>..... "Most of mankind will perish forever."

"GOD LOVES YOU !" ....>..... "... as long as you love Him."

"Christ died for all sin..." .....>.... "... except the sin of not believing that He died for all sin."

"The Good Shepherd seeks the lost sheep until he finds it !" ....>..... "The Good Shepherd seeks until it's too late."

"God's justice was satisfied in the cross of Christ." .....>.... "God's justice demands eternal torment or annihilation."

Okay...
On one side you seem to have made biblical statements, the other man's 'interpretation' of them...or at least yours. You do understand that man's interpretation is faulty, yeah? As opposed to God's. If you do not understand how the biblical statements make sense, search out the answer. There are many very good and very Godly books that touch on these subjects, which help us understand these hard passages. But for goodness sake Jiggy, just because they don't make sense to you, I advise against mocking God's word!
I see this so often, people questioning the unfairness of God choosing some, but not others. Of the harsh reality of hell for those who are not saved. And to be quite frank, do you know what that is? It's pride. Of course it's all about us. Of course it's unfair that those who oppose God are punished. Who does God think He is to punish us for living our lives, and making our own choices? We're not bad people, we just choose differently, that's all. It's a harsh, overreaction to send people to hell.
It's so sad Jiggy, because all those responses show two things...people's ignorance, and peoples selfish pride. God made us and gave us perfection...we gave him the finger and walked away. God guided us and we worshipped false gods and walked away. God sent his son and we murdered him. Sin is not just something God frowns at, sin is an affront to God...it is repulsive to him. He cannot have it near him. Despite that He offered us a way out...He loves us enough to send his son, to the death. And that message went out to all men, to all nations. And still we walk away. In fact those who claim to love Jesus still think they get to rule their own lives and call the shots. God is not a government...elected by and under the thumb of the voting people. He is GOD! It is amazing pride that makes us think that our lives are about us. The Bible tells us plainly and repeatedly....our lives, our very purpose, is to bring glory to God. If we spend our life times bringing Him dishonour and trying to glorify ourselves instead...the very universe will cry out at our blasphemy.

(ps...don't know if you're pointing out the foolishness of others in this post, or if you're on board with the second statements...you don't really make it plain! So, if you're not on board with it, please consider this post for those who are!!)

Theodore A. Jones

Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for your judgement of me. No one can go to the father except through Jesus Christ. Any other way is the same as a theif and robber. You clearly err. My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me and I give unto them eternal life. Repent, accept Christ as your Lord and Savior. Follow Christ in believers baptism. Assemble in a local chruch of believers and do not forsake that assembling. Also follow Christ ordanances.

Salvation comes by faith, not righteousness. You cannot work your way to Heaven or be good enough to get there. The song of the martyrs was Jehovah Tsidkenu. Christ is our righteousness. Your righteousness is as filthy rags. Your good works and deed cannot get you to Heaven. And you have not the power to keep yourself. Trying to rob Christ of His finished work is something that won't work.

"It is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous."
Rom. 2:13

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Ive never seen this before Jiggyfly, have you ? Someone would have to be pretty weak to be lead astray by these tactics.