The image of God is Spiritual. The image of man is Natural.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Believing the Scripture is speaking of the flesh, is why some imagine that God's image is bisexual, or nonsexual, when the sex has nothing to do with it, because the flesh has nothing to do with it.

The image of God is spiritual, because God is a Spirit, and no man can see God nor Spirit with natural eyes of the flesh, because there is no likeness of Him bodily.

Man being created in God's image is Spiritual only: the power of the spirit of angels and men from God to choose good or evil.

The image of man is natural, because God formed our body of flesh of the dust, and so when God came in the flesh, he came in the natural image and likeness of man's flesh and bones.

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.

Not until Jesus Christ came in the flesh, and died and resurrected bodily, is there the image of man with God in heaven: the man Christ Jesus sitting on the throne of God.

All idolatry of man is make all things into and dependent upon the flesh:

Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Believing the Scripture is speaking of the flesh, is why some imagine that God's image is bisexual, or nonsexual, when the sex has nothing to do with it, because the flesh has nothing to do with it.

The image of God is spiritual, because God is a Spirit, and no man can see God nor Spirit with natural eyes of the flesh, because there is no likeness of Him bodily.

Man being created in God's image is Spiritual only: the power of the spirit of angels and men from God to choose good or evil.

The image of man is natural, because God formed our body of flesh of the dust, and so when God came in the flesh, he came in the natural image and likeness of man's flesh and bones.

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.

Not until Jesus Christ came in the flesh, and died and resurrected bodily, is there the image of man with God in heaven: the man Christ Jesus sitting on the throne of God.

Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

Repent and be saved.
God so loves the world that he has not destroyed it as of yet.
Your redemption price has been paid at the cross, it is the gift of God. Accept and be set free by his TRUTH !

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repent and be saved.
God so loves the world that he has not destroyed it as of yet.
Your redemption price has been paid at the cross, it is the gift of God. Accept and be set free by his TRUTH !
Accusing someone of not being saved is against sight policy. I have warned you elsewhere about trolling me to incite angry arguments.

I will now do so.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The soul inside of us isn't natural; it's part of the image of God.

I can not even see a soul or hold it my hand.

God has a will/mind/emotion/heart.

So does every soul created.

Reactions: robert derrick

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The soul inside of us isn't natural; it's part of the image of God.

I can not even see a soul or hold it my hand.

God has a will/mind/emotion/heart.

So does every soul created.
Good point,

No man in the flesh can see God, nor even his own spirit and soul created by God.

Only after the flesh, will we see things exactly as they are.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Reactions: MatthewG

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Believing the Scripture is speaking of the flesh,

God made man in God's """"image.""""

This can't be "natural", as God is "A Spirit".

Man is not the body.......the body is only the home of the spirit that is "God's image".

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made man in God's """"image.""""

This can't be "natural", as God is "A Spirit".

Man is not the body.......the body is only the home of the spirit that is "God's image".
Exactly.

What the natural man doesn't want to acknowledge, is the very fact that man coming into the world, is lightened by the true Light of Christ, to have power and mind of the Spirit, to think, judge, and imagine, is proof of being created in the image of the invisible God, that created nature cannot see.

Spiritual being is having an heart to think and intend, and a mind to imagine and dream.

Animals have spirits to animate the flesh, but not minds to empower the soul and do good or evil with the flesh.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry I broke the rule of this forum in calling out someone's claim to "Christianity"........and I apologize for that.

My apologies to the Administor for breaking a rule used in these forums.

notus

Nov 24, 2023
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Capturing moments of a man can be truly special, and how you display those memories matters. Explore creative photo display ideas for family pictures here: Photo Display Ideas for Family Pictures. Whether it's a gallery wall or a unique arrangement, make your cherished moments stand out with these inspiring suggestions
Thank you for the useful information

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Any who believe that Jesus is even now a human being in the flesh sitting on a physical throne, comes very close to the graven image that God warned against.

Jesus, in His prayer to the Father (John 17) said, "And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed" (John 17:5). I seriously doubt that would be in the form of the physical human being. Hebews says that in taking on the flesh of the human being, Jesus was made a little lower than the angels. It says that was only "for a while". Heb 2:7 You made him for a little while lower than the angels; you have crowned him with glory and honor. He is not now lower than the angels. Just the opposite: "you have crowned him with glory and honor, putting everything in subjection under his feet. Now in putting everything in subjection to him, he left nothing outside his control. " (Heb 2:7,8)