The Inner Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fear mongering. What you say is far from the truth...as usual.

I am saying that babes in Christ still depend on the natural man and his faculties...until being weaned from these to walk according to the Spirit. But you don't understand this so you make stuff up and try slander instead of understanding.

You think salvation is a one step thing whereby being born again is the end of the race.

It very well may be the end of yours...but there is more to the Christian life than you have imagined.

What this thread is good for is to inform real seekers, be they babes or not, to seek for more.

What the enemy wants is to shut down any possible growth. Keep people in the dark and so on...that is the agenda. But you can't see that because you don't understand the deeper things of the Lord.
Salvation is one step. Sanctification is a lifetime.

It is amazing how so many would get things wrong claim knowledge of deeper Biblical things.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Romans 12:1
Present yourselves a living sacrifice...

And, if we've died with Christ we will also live with Him.
Romans 6:8

If we want to live in Christ, we must die to ourselves.
Death = Life

Amen. Very simple yet very profound...far too much for the proud and indoctrinated among us.

Dying to yourself...is to the outward man...the natural strengths and inclinations. What we are empowered in is the inner man who is weak...but yet by faith can move mountains.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
What are we do with the gospel message? How do we respond to the calling of God?

When we respond from the outer man we get religion...institutions...and every other worldly version of the way in Christ. But this is a counterfeit of the truth.

God is calling us in the inner man. Deep is calling to deep.

But something is in the way. The carnal, natural man wants to live...even more than the inner man does. So then, Houston, we have a problem. A way must be found to get the leachy natural man out of the way so to be able to come to the rescue of the inner man.

Think of a bully who hogs all the food so that the weaker one gets nothing. That is the way of the world...AND that is the way we have learned to survive in the world.

But we need no longer do this because of the Lord's grace provision to be strengthened in the inner man.

Eph. 3:16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
I believe the Beatitudes would respond to your point.
Jesus wants us to be as He describes in Mathew 5.

Sometimes when we're weak to the world...we are the strongest.
I find it's easier to get things accomplished if we're nice to someone than when we yell at them out of anger -- although this might happen too. But we strive to show our Christianity to the world; or at least we should.

There should be a difference between Christians and everyone else...
Mathew 5:46-47
We should love everyone,,,even those we do not like.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No truth here at all.

2 Cor. 4;10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

Those who are disrespectful to the OP have NO understanding of the above verse.

Unless there is a part that is crucified no resurrection life is possible. How many realize that?
2 Corinthians 4:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

Big difference between his death and his dying.

As with the Catholics, they constantly have him dying. He died, which took away our sins and is an internal reality within us. But if he's only dying, he isn't dead and therefore never resurrected.

You need to be a lot more careful with your words and meanings.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is the mountain that is moved by faith?

The inner man lives behind a wall or barrier...or mountain. He hides within us...fearful in his nakedness and vulnerability. Remember how Adam and Eve hid in the garden. But faith will bring him out into the open. Into the light. By faith the inner man becomes strengthened to put the natural man in his place. But we need help with the natural man. Thank God that the cross of Christ is powerful to break him.

The inner man is ashamed though sin...and a bad conscience having no confidence that God will accept him. That is until Christ and His washing away of sin. Then by faith the inner man rises up going from weakness to strength.

Those who have actually walked in victory by the Spirit will receive this with joy. Those who have not will rail against this.

Reactions: amadeus

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2 Corinthians 4:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

Big difference between his death and his dying.

As with the Catholics, they constantly have him dying. He died, which took away our sins and is an internal reality within us. But if he's only dying, he isn't dead and therefore never resurrected.

You need to be a lot more careful with your words and meanings.

You need to lean more about your own condition.

We carry the dying of Jesus because we are a living sacrifice. It is a continual state of dying...so that we can have a continual state of living in the power of Christ.

There is no LIFE in Jesus unless there is also a DEATH in Jesus.

But only they who have walked in this life understand this.

It is unfortunate that very few people are teachable to learn these things.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Amen. Very simple yet very profound...far too much for the proud and indoctrinated among us.

Dying to yourself...is to the outward man...the natural strengths and inclinations. What we are empowered in is the inner man who is weak...but yet by faith can move mountains.
But it's not an easy concept to understand.
It's, to me, like living in the flesh or living by the spirit of God.

In the flesh doesn't only mean "sin"...it also means what you're speaking about...depending on the man who lives in this secular world...that does things the way an unbeliever would. I could think of many examples...

What I think we need to do is to remember that we're Christian at all times,,,take God with us wherever we go,,,aspire to that higher level that man can obtain if he would only see that goal.

And even then, we will fail many times...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But it's not an easy concept to understand.
It's, to me, like living in the flesh or living by the spirit of God.

In the flesh doesn't only mean "sin"...it also means what you're speaking about...depending on the man who lives in this secular world...that does things the way an unbeliever would. I could think of many examples...

What I think we need to do is to remember that we're Christian at all times,,,take God with us wherever we go,,,aspire to that higher level that man can obtain if he would only see that goal.

And even then, we will fail many times...

You have a good grip on this! Bless you! Keep running to win! :)

Reactions: Helen and GodsGrace

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the mountain that is moved by faith?

The inner man lives behind a wall or barrier...or mountain. He hides within us...fearful in his nakedness and vulnerability.

Where do you get that from?

Remember how Adam and Eve hid in the garden.

Because they were naked, their eyes and just been opened and they didn't know how to deal with it. No comparison to what you're implying.
But faith will bring him out into the open. Into the light. By faith the inner man becomes strengthened to put the natural man in his place.

It changes the nature of the battle and is our spirits and more powerful position. But totally tame our word sinful natures? Not on this earth.

But we need help with the natural man. Thank God that the cross of Christ is powerful to break him.

The inner man is ashamed though sin...and a bad conscience having no confidence that God will accept him. That is until Christ and His washing away of sin. Then by faith the inner man rises up going from weakness to strength.

Those who have actually walked in victory by the Spirit will receive this with joy. Those who have not will rail against this.

You keep mixing everything together and talking as if we're a composite of two individual people.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Adam and Eve references are found at the beginning of Genesis.

Jesus referenced the mountain that is moved by faith and cast into the sea. The barrier to faith is a wall or barrier to God and His presence. Until the inner man rises up with faith the barrier remains intact. Another way to put this is to call that barrier a veil.

So the bible uses many such inferences to that which keeps us from seeing the face of God.

As long as the inner man is shielded and blinded...the natural man is all that person will know...and not very well at that. The natural is only our true self if we abandon the inner man to obscurity.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to lean more about your own condition.

We carry the dying of Jesus because we are a living sacrifice. It is a continual state of dying...so that we can have a continual state of living in the power of Christ.

There is no LIFE in Jesus unless there is also a DEATH in Jesus.

But only they who have walked in this life understand this.

It is unfortunate that very few people are teachable to learn these things.

Sanctification is the constant growth in Christ.

Really, don't try to lecture me on the sin price Jesus paid on the cross. I fully understand it.

Or hope is in his resurrection. We are to dwell on life, not death.

Eternal death is in the lake of fire and brimstone. Eternal life is in the New Jerusalem at the throne of God in Christ with the holy spirit in us.

I died on the cross with Christ and rose with him at his resurrection, spiritually speaking.

Death will not be on our minds.

I agree many are not teachable on these, but I do know you are not a teacher.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We know that the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit.

But this doesn't mean that the natural man can't be informed ABOUT the Spirit. That's how we get a false gospel and a counterfeit spirituality. The natural man is religious in nature and he looks for a means of survival. If that means taking on a superficial pretense of being spiritual...then so be it. Hypocrisy is to play a role. The natural man is an actor...or anything else he needs to be in order to succeed. But he is also the source of all pride and arrogance. God will not abide such a person who relies on the natural.

No, the natural man cannot ENTER into the spiritual realm or experience the deeper things of God...because those are directed to the inner man....not the outward natural man.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Eve references are found at the beginning of Genesis.

Jesus referenced the mountain that is moved by faith and cast into the sea. The barrier to faith is a wall or barrier to God and His presence. Until the inner man rises up with faith the barrier remains intact. Another way to put this is to call that barrier a veil.

So the bible uses many such inferences to that which keeps us from seeing the face of God.

As long as the inner man is shielded and blinded...the natural man is all that person will know...and not very well at that. The natural is only our true self if we abandon the inner man to obscurity.
Now you've being insulting. Of course I know where Adam and Eve are in the Bible. I'd also know how you used them is wrong.

And the mountain reference. Dah!

We aren't capable of seeing or understanding things God. Read Job.

In the bible does not say anything about abandoning the inner man, to use your phrase. It talks about those who harden their heart they can no longer hear the holy spirit.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
MICAH 2:13

One who breaks open the way will go up before them; they will break through the gate and go out. Their king will pass through before them, the LORD at their head."

Luke 3:5 Every valley will be filled, and every mountain and hill will be made low; and the crooked will become into straight, and the rough ways into smooth.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkopos
I guess I understood some of this without really understanding it. You said in one place that you had gone through many conversions. This is a type of growth I have seen, but seeing the next level or even understanding that a next level exists requires perhaps another surrender... another return to the lowest room.

My specific problem was with the old man and the new man and the inner man, those three. The first one was apparently no real trouble, but I had not really made the distinction between the inner man and the new man [at least not using those terms], that is to say that there were two things rather than one. Believe me this caused confusion. God used your posts here to shine a light on things that were not clear... that is... still as through darkened glass.

[The first time I read through the posts my tired brain saw there was something, but I simply could not see it. I had to reread it all today before more understanding began... I'll probably read it all again.]

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Episkopos
I guess I understood some of this without really understanding it. You said in one place that you had gone through many conversions. This is a type of growth I have seen, but seeing the next level or even understanding that a next level exists requires perhaps another surrender... another return to the lowest room.

My specific problem was with the old man and the new man and the inner man, those three. The first one was apparently no real trouble, but I had not really made the distinction between the inner man and the new man [at least not using those terms], that is to say that there were two things rather than one. Believe me this caused confusion. God used your posts here to shine a light on things that were not clear... that is... still as through darkened glass.

[The first time I read through the posts my tired brain saw there was something, but I simply could not see it. I had to reread it all today before more understanding began... I'll probably read it all again.]

Give God the glory!

Amen brother. You are solid in my books...and I believe in the Lord's as well. :)

Yes there is a distinction to be made between the New Man...which is Christ...and His anointing we put on as grace from the Lord. When we put on Christ we put on His strength.

But the inner man is that weak part of us that responds to the love of God. We need to put strength on to our weakness. But first we must fully realize the truth of that weakness.

So then we must let go our rights in the outer natural part of us. Or else we are unwittingly serving pride.

It does take some getting used to to get the framework clear in one's mind. But after that it becomes very clear.

We can come to grips with the obstacles that impede our union with God...if we can recognize them!

Bless you brother... <><

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother. You are solid in my books...and I believe in the Lord's as well. :)

Yes there is a distinction to be made between the New Man...which is Christ...and His anointing we put on as grace from the Lord. When we put on Christ we put on His strength.

But the inner man is that weak part of us that responds to the love of God. We need to put strength on to our weakness. But first we must fully realize the truth of that weakness.

So then we must let go our rights in the outer natural part of us. Or else we are unwittingly serving pride.

It does take some getting used to to get the framework clear in one's mind. But after that it becomes very clear.

We can come to grips with the obstacles that impede our union with God...if we can recognize them!

Bless you brother... <><
Give God the glory!

Reactions: Episkopos

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Old nature to new nature in Christ.
Old man to new man in Christ.
Dead spirit to alive spirit in Christ.

Whichever phrase you'd like it is by the baptism of the holy spirit.

Christ is in us via the holy spirit, not directly.

We are born again, made new, washed in the blood of Christ, meaning saved. One shot deal. No multi stepping. No multiple conversions, etc.

But sanctification is a different story. We are set apart for Christ at salvation. Then we should grow in Christ for the rest of our lives.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So then what is the mountain that must be moved by faith by the inner man?

The natural man.