The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our founding fathers were blessed by God. George Washington was shown the future history of America by an angel. Firearms are an essential part of this country securing freedom from a tyrannical government. The simple matter is we would not have the freedoms in this country if we were not armed. But we have gotten so far from God I think the blessing is slipping away. I don’t see America in the Bible so who knows what will happen here.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The statement attributed to the first U.S. president reads, “Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. Firearms are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence.” Much like the cherry tree legend about him, however, the quote appears to be a fabrication.

This quotation does not show up in any of Washington's writings, nor does any closely related quote.

Researchers have been unable to find evidence that Washington delivered this address, and some phrases are apparently anachronistic.

(various sources)

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our founding fathers were blessed by God. George Washington was shown the future history of America by an angel. Firearms are an essential part of this country securing freedom from a tyrannical government. The simple matter is we would not have the freedoms in this country if we were not armed. But we have gotten so far from God I think the blessing is slipping away. I don’t see America in the Bible so who knows what will happen here.

Aside from your first sentence, everything else is sheer nonsense. Even the first sentence is just a matter of opinion.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jim B, this is far from shear nonsense. What a rude thing to say.

You have your opinion; I have mine.

"George Washington was shown the future history of America by an angel." opinion only

"Firearms are an essential part of this country securing freedom from a tyrannical government." opinion only

"The simple matter is we would not have the freedoms in this country if we were not armed." opinion only

"But we have gotten so far from God I think the blessing is slipping away." opinion only

"I don’t see America in the Bible so who knows what will happen here." opinion only

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you will be hard pressed to find any doctrine teaching violent self defense in the New Testament. Many try to use Luke 22:36 as justification for this but they don’t understand that the following lesson with the sword involving Peter in Matthew 26:47-56 was one of non-violence because Jesus rebuked Peter in five different ways for taking up the sword. So the sword was a lesson in Non-Violence and not Violence. In fact, after Peter’s sword blunder incident, you will not find the disciples even having swords let alone them even using them for violent self defense reasons as many of you falsely imply or suggest. Read Acts of the Apostles. You will find no swords. This makes sense because the disciples were beaten (Acts of the Apostles 5:40), and Stephen was stoned (Acts of the Apostles 7). These events in Scripture would not make sense if they had swords. The only way that swords would make sense in these kinds of narratives is if they were invisible swords that would materialize when they needed them, and or the swords existed in some kind of pocket dimension that they could access at any time they wanted.
You don't find violent self defense in the New Testament because the subject never came up. Bear in mind, one doesn't need to defend what is already commonly accepted and understood.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Governments should be there to protect all their citizens. it should not be up to each of us. This is how the real world outside the US does things!
Right. But inside the US, the role of government is to guard and secure our rights. Any law that impinges on our rights is illegal and unconstitutional.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where have you been?

I have been in my US homeland for all my life, including during the COVID-19 pandemic. Nobody was forced by the government to receive the vaccine. There were restrictions imposed (properly) for those who refused to be vaccinated, but that is not being forced to comply.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AR as in AR15 does not stand for Assault Rifle. AR is the manufacturer name Armalite Rifle.

What is an AR-15 rifle?
An AR-15 is a semi-automatic, or self-loading rifle that has been called "America's rifle" by the NRA with well over 15 million sold by 2019. "Semi-automatic," as opposed to "automatic," means that the weapon's operator must pull the trigger to fire each shot. The rifle then automatically reloads. An automatic weapon continues to fire as long as you hold down the trigger, and is (mostly) banned in the U.S.

"AR-15s are the most commonly used rifles in marksmanship competitions, training, and home defense," according to the NRA.

An AR-15 is not a specific model, but a style. It's the civilian variation of the ArmaLite AR-15, a variant of the AR-10 designed by Eugene Stoner in the 1950s, that was extremely lightweight, easy to care for and highly adaptable. ArmaLite sold the patent to Colt in the 1960s and they developed an automatic-fire version for the military called the M16. After Colt's patent ran out, other manufacturers began making their own versions.

I don't own a gun, but I believe in the right to own one for self defence.
The bad guys have them, but the good guys can't ?
How is that fair and balanced?

Anywho..
If your looking for baby formula go to Mexico. They have all of it, while we import ours from Germany.

I'm thankful my child and grandchild are grown adults.
That's all I can say.

Beware the momma bears when their children are in danger.
hugs

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have your opinion; I have mine.

"George Washington was shown the future history of America by an angel." opinion only

"Firearms are an essential part of this country securing freedom from a tyrannical government." opinion only

"The simple matter is we would not have the freedoms in this country if we were not armed." opinion only

"But we have gotten so far from God I think the blessing is slipping away." opinion only

"I don’t see America in the Bible so who knows what will happen here." opinion only
Shear nonsense

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't find violent self defense in the New Testament because the subject never came up. Bear in mind, one doesn't need to defend what is already commonly accepted and understood.

Again, read the book of Acts more closely. You will read about how Christians were persecuted and beaten and imprisoned. This is kind of hard to do if they had swords, and they fought back when threatened. In other words, after Peter’s sword blunder and Jesus 5 point rebuke of using the sword in violence, we see nothing about the apostles carrying swords let alone them using them in the New Testament. Certain narratives in Acts would not even make sense if they carried swords. For example: Acts of the Apostles 5:40. They were beaten and let go. But if they had swords, and were skillful in using them, they would not have been beaten. In Acts of the Apostles 7, we don’t read about how Stephen tried to hit away the stones with his sword when they were stoning him.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Right, George Washington was a Mason. Masonry is not biblical. So its no surprise he thought in unbiblical terms (like many here) on the matter of Jesus teaching Non-Violence.

If nobody had picked up a gun the Nazis would be ruling half the world by now and the Japanese the other half..:)
Weapons are not evil in themselves, Jesus allowed some of the disciples to carry swords.
Peter in action in Gethsemane-
peter-with-sword_zps1cd1ddcb.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.