The Key to Discipleship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't state that its all the same experience for everyone.

Some Cry, some fall down, some dont even really feel anything.

But, the ACT of the regeneration of the Spirit, = is alway the same Holy Spirit of God, causing it.

We are all born again the same way.........by the Spirit of God, and not by water as the "cult of Mary" falsely teaches.

We are all born again "by my Spirit, sayeth the Lord".

I didnt say you could read it.

Ive no idea what you are talking about.

We BELIEVE in Jesus...., and our "faith is counted (by God) as (Christ's) Righteousness.

Preachers like me.... preach the Gospel so that people can hear it, and believe it.

Real Preachers preach "Paul's Gospel" that is "The Gospel of the Grace of God".

A.) "Faith comes by hearing".. and that can be many ways you hear it.

For example, ive a friend who was born again, when watching "Jesus of Nazareth" the movie.

She came to the knowledge that Jesus is the Savior, and she needed Him.....while watching the movie.

= BELIEVED..

So, that is not the same as me preaching to a group, that "Jesus is virgin born, and died for your sins, and all that call on the name of Jesus shall be saved"..

So, that is the """Preaching of the Cross"",...... but my friend didnt hear it......They Watched the Jesus of Nazareth Movie and that was over 40 yrs ago.

They are still "happy in Jesus".

Now my Brother, (eldest), was a devout sinner., until he was about 40. . He was into the world... deeply lost.
And his life just sort of "bottomed out"..
He was suicidal..
He was riding around in his car one Saturday morning, about 6am, and pulled into the parking lot of a small church and the Pastor was there...
My Brother told Him .all about his "Life" situation... and the Pastor listened and finally told Him...
"""You've run out."""
"""You're ended....its at the end.. ."""
And the Pastor invited my brother to get on his knees in the office for Prayer and He did.
They both kneeled.
The Pastor led Him to Jesus .

My Brother later became a Pastor.

My Younger Brother, is a Missionary to the Ukraine., He and His wife., for over 25 yrs.
He was about 7 yrs old, when He ""received Jesus into His heart"""..... So, with a child'd mind, He did this...
I dont think he had any "theology" in there yet....
No need., as Salvation is not about Theology, its about Jesus, as Jesus Is Salvation.

Right now, he's still a missionary, and so is His wife whom he met on the Mission Field, and so were their 3 Daughters, until They were sent into the States , to go to College. in the last 4 yrs.

Being born again can eventually occur by reading a Jack CHICK Tract.

That is how i first learned about Jesus, when i was about 5 yrs old.

I found this Tract laying on the ground, in front of a Post Office.

I read this CHICK Tract, and it never left my heart, and when i was older, that seed planted by that STORY in that TRACT, .. entitled....
= "This was Your Life".

God watered that seed.. and i was eventually born again.. years later.

I'll post a pick of the Tract, at the bottom of this Post.

Yes i know.

Only the Holy Spirit can "regenerate"...... yet Catholics teach you are "Born again BY Water".. which is a lie that billions of them believe.
-
-

View attachment 43856
Ok...Praise God for his Living Holy Spirit...which still blows my mind after 32 years of becoming Born Again...God Bless, Brother,xx

As you know....All the Glory and Honour belong to our wonderful saviour..Jesus...for without him..we would still be in darkness.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ok...Praise God for his Living Holy Spirit...which still blows my mind after 32 years of becoming Born Again...God Bless, Brother,xx

As you know....All the Glory and Honour belong to our wonderful saviour..Jesus...for without him..we would still be in darkness.

Amen !
Amen !

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Shalom, Shalom

הוא בירך אחד הוא ברכתך לנצח

(the Blessed One is your forever blessing)
Oh I know...Jesus all the way...but you are his teacher who has been anointed by His Spirit to teach....I best say imo..lol= lots of love,xx

• Sad
Reactions: Episkopos

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another thought about discipleship....we are to be led by the “ Living “ Holy Spirit , only he can lead us into God’s truth , by his written word....

Our will also needs to be in harmony with the Spirit...that again needs to be learnt and understood as a disciple of Jesus....it ain’t no easy road.....but, it’s the only road that leads to life, imo/ belief.
Amen....denying self.....Jesus in Gethsemane saying to the Father, "nevertheless not my will but thy will be done." Submitting Himself to the Father's will.

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is that different people can be reading the same bible but not be understanding everything in it the same way. We need the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth
100% agree..we are imo all at stages of understanding spiritual matters...well said and Amen!

Reactions: Lizbeth

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen....denying self.....Jesus in Gethsemane saying to the Father, "nevertheless not my will but thy will be done." Submitting Himself to the Father's will.
That just spoke to my heart,Lizbeth, I needed to hear...” denying self”..see how good God is..I’ve so needed to hear these words...I can’t share why..it’s just between the Lord and myself...this has made my day!...thank you Lord,xx

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
100% agree..we are imo all at stages of understanding spiritual matters...well said and Amen!
Amen...there are stages of growth. But also keeping in mind different people can be just plain wrong about different things too. If we are being led by the same Holy Spirit we should not be wrong.....if anyone is wrong and in error about anything of course that can not be of the Holy Spirit. Hence we always need to test things. Even then......we will not always be right about everything and in the end it is the Lord who keeps us from falling ultimately, and we are His workmanship. We must always be looking to Him. I mean even Peter stumbled and needed to be sorted out on more than one occasion....but he was humble enough to accept correction. And that is so important that we remain pliable clay in the Potter's hands, and not hardened. Sort of holding onto things that "we think we know" loosely in order to be able to grow from there or be corrected. "If we think we know, we do not yet know as we ought" scripture says. That should keep us humble...and sometimes I need reminding of it.

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen...there are stages of growth. But also keeping in mind different people can be just plain wrong about different things too. If we are being led by the same Holy Spirit we should not be wrong.....if anyone is wrong and in error about anything of course that can not be of the Holy Spirit. Hence we always need to test things. Even then......we will not always be right about everything and in the end it is the Lord who keeps us from falling ultimately, and we are His workmanship. We must always be looking to Him. I mean even Peter stumbled and needed to be sorted out on more than one occasion....but he was humble enough to accept correction. And that is so important that we remain pliable clay in the Potter's hands, and not hardened. Sort of holding onto things that "we think we know" loosely in order to be able to grow from there or be corrected. "If we think we know, we do not yet know as we ought" scripture says. That should keep us humble...and sometimes I need reminding of it.
Well said, Lizbeth...yes, me too....I ask and pray to the Lord to keep me humble ...I can’t keep myself humble I need his strength to help me do so....

He should be leading the way...not me ...xx

• Love