The Key To Unlocking Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understanding is a key:

I'll need to rephrase that; understanding is THE key to unlock what you are seeing and understanding in scripture. It is by your understanding that the Lord leads you in scripture. So your knowledge of scripture becomes your key for seeing into scripture, your knowledge of scripture. It is how you are dealt with as well. Our father deals with me based on my understanding. Why is that? Because we are all created different, we have a different back ground, different cultures, from different parts of the world, and so on. So it is by your understanding he leads and handles you. He cannot deal with me like he deals with you because we are to different, he handles his children like any good parent. He handles His children by who they are and by their creation. Glory!

If you follow along with Paul you start to see you have no life of your own, for lack of a better term. For the born again now in your body is one life and the life is Christ.

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6

You cannot find another life in scripture, at least not in what Paul has to say. You have an old life that was crucified, you had a death life you were born with and had received and handed down from Adam you see, but it was the only life you had. You did not have a good life, bad life, and a earth life, and no other kind of life but death-sin-life-spirit. You were not the sin unto death, which is the sin Adam received. You were not the evil one, there is only one evil one, the murderer from the beginning. You had to partake of that life, you had no choice because we are created to be dependent on our nature-spirit. You were held responsible for your sinning by the sin nature but that was not you, you are not sin nature. You are created in the image and likeness of God and only partook of the nature. That was not you, you did only the bidding of that life, the sin unto death life that kills, steals, and destroys was your life. It's like science calling human behavior "human nature." I can see why they would do that because humans have a nature that they act on, but you will not find a human nature in scripture. You can only find death nature, sin nature, Satan nature, separated nature, Adam receiving a nature-spirit-life-sin nature when he fell ( Genesis 3:15 ), but you will be hard pressed to find a single human being with a human nature like science reports. That is how quick science and your scripture reading can get turned around.

You can go anywhere in scripture that talks about nature and have a tendency to agree with science, but just because the word of God brings out very clearly the nature's (two distinct nature's in scripture and neither one is human nature) does not prove science is right about a human nature. It is the opposite in scripture, it shows the human being with a nature but that nature is not his own it is hereditary from a progenitor (Adam is not the progenitor of the sin nature). You have to have a father to get nature. There must be a father involved for a nature to be involved. The nature is in the seed-again Genesis 3:15, as well as the seed in other places.

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. - Genesis 3:15.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. - Galatians 3:16.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. - 1 John 5:11-12.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. - 1 John 3:8-9.

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. - 1 John 5:16-17.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this kind of thought provoking...
In the blueletterbible.org , there are phrases that are chosen that correspond to the one you highlight.

So I highlighted:
1Jo 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

And the first corresponding verse that came up was this: (there are only 2 )

2Ki 14:6 But the children of the murderers he slew not: according unto that which is written in the book of the law of Moses, wherein the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

and the 2nd:
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Now that makes me think of when Jesus called out the leaders:

Jhn 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

However, there is a commandment:

Deu 5:16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

And this rebuke:

Mat 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
Mat 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
Mat 15:5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
Mat 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

Exo 21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
Lev 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
Pro 20:20 Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness.
Pro 30:11 There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.

Okay... so these leader guys, they are what? honouring their father the devil by doing what he does?
Will this one little jot or tittle actually be their only hope?

Jhn 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Hmm..
Luk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

ok, the entire chapter 4 of Leviticus has to do with sinning due to ignorance. Of course there are all kinds of sacrifices, each party, whether the common people, the priest, or the leaders, they all have to bring whatever is compensation for them, bull, goat, whatever..
At the end of the chapter is the result.

Lev 4:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Lev 4: Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a soul shall sin through ignorance against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and shall do against any of them:
Lev 4:3 If the priest that is anointed do sin according to the sin of the people; then let him bring for his sin,
Lev 4:13 And if the whole congregation of Israel sin through ignorance, and the thing be hid from the eyes of the assembly, and they have done somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which should not be done, and are guilty;
Lev 4:14 When the sin, which they have sinned against it, is known, then the congregation shall offer
Lev 4:22 When a ruler hath sinned, and done somewhat through ignorance against any of the commandments of the LORD his God concerning things which should not be done, and is guilty;
Lev 4:23 Or if his sin, wherein he hath sinned, come to his knowledge; he shall bring his offering
Lev 4:27 And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty;
Lev 4:28 Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering

Now all these offerings are brought to a specific place... this is SO COOL.

1. If a soul : unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the LORD;

LISTEN:

2. If a priest: at the bottom of the altar of the burnt offering, which is at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

3. Whole Congregation of Israel: bring him before the tabernacle of the congregation.

4. A ruler: and shall pour out his blood at the bottom of the altar.

The common People: and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar.

and the priest shall make an atonement for his sin that he hath committed, and it shall be forgiven him.

Luk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Rom 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

soul man,
sorry if this is off track..
it's just where it led me..

to the foot of the cross in which the door to the tabernacle is where our Lord's forgiveness is found.

Hugs

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the blueletterbible.org , there are phrases that are chosen that correspond to the one you highlight.

That's a lot of scripture to provoke lol thanks

Reactions: Ziggy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a lot of scripture to provoke lol thanks
Good Job S.M. another, (G243, allos), good topic... I agree 95%, only a few thing to disagree with, not worth arguing over...

Yes, a key is to "understand, as proverb states, Proverbs 4:7 "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding."

and the MASTER KEY is "WISDOM", the Lord JESUS. 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."

the Master KEY, (wisdom, the Lord Jesus), unlocks the Learning abilities of us all. for he is the Master Teacher, the Spirit, the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." 1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:15 "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man." 1 Corinthians 2:16 "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."

the mind of Christ is the Holy Ghost.... John 14:25 "These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you." John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

My God how plain can one Get.

thanks S.M another Good breakfast from the Lord, served by his faithful servant. a good belching is now in order :D .... keep up the good work, my God bless us all with the key of "UNDERSTANDING".

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: soul man and Ziggy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understanding is a key:

I'll need to rephrase that; understanding is THE key to unlock what you are seeing and understanding in scripture. It is by your understanding that the Lord leads you in scripture. So your knowledge of scripture becomes your key for seeing into scripture, your knowledge of scripture. It is how you are dealt with as well. Our father deals with me based on my understanding.

Agree Understanding Scripture is KEY.

Knowledge of Scripture is OUR effort to hear, Read.

But the Words are Inspired and Approved of BY God.

Thus the Understanding must and is Also according to Gods Understanding...which is amost unilaterally...Nothing what a man's mind concludes to be the understanding of Gods Word.

The Awesome part is...Gods Understanding of His Word IS "Available" to Every Converted person IN Christ.

Yet we see men IN Christ, seeking Understanding of Gods Word...everywhere... but asking the Lord Himself.

Glory to God,
Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Agree Understanding Scripture is KEY.

Knowledge of Scripture is OUR effort to hear, Read.

But the Words are Inspired and Approved of BY God.

Thus the Understanding must and is Also according to Gods Understanding...which is amost unilaterally...Nothing what a man's mind concludes to be the understanding of Gods Word.

The Awesome part is...Gods Understanding of His Word IS "Available" to Every Converted person IN Christ.

Yet we see men IN Christ, seeking Understanding of Gods Word...everywhere... but asking the Lord Himself.

Glory to God,
Taken
@Taken Prayerful time spent in the Scriptures is so vital, indeed, in the believer's life.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Time spent gleaning from the Word always comes useful in the end if stored in the granaries of the mind, so to speak, to be able to speak 'a word in season to him that is weary' (Isaiah 50.4).

The Mind does come into play.
An individual has two thought sources;
His spirit (Truth) in his Heart.
His mind (weighing between options Good or deceptive)

It is the natural spirit that becomes "born again"...and FED a New Truth. Gods Truth.

It is thereafter the man's responsibility to listen, do, according to his spirit, rather than his everchanging vacillating mind.

Glory to God,
Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Mind does come into play.
An individual has two thought sources;
His spirit (Truth) in his Heart.
His mind (weighing between options Good or deceptive)

It is the natural spirit that becomes "born again"...and FED a New Truth. Gods Truth.

It is thereafter the man's responsibility to listen, do, according to his spirit, rather than his everchanging vacillating mind.

Glory to God,
Taken
@Taken It's indeed a matter of taking to heart what the Lord Jesus said in John 17.17:

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understanding is a key:

I'll need to rephrase that; understanding is THE key to unlock what you are seeing and understanding in scripture. It is by your understanding that the Lord leads you in scripture. So your knowledge of scripture becomes your key for seeing into scripture, your knowledge of scripture. It is how you are dealt with as well. Our father deals with me based on my understanding. Why is that? Because we are all created different, we have a different back ground, different cultures, from different parts of the world, and so on. So it is by your understanding he leads and handles you. He cannot deal with me like he deals with you because we are to different, he handles his children like any good parent. He handles His children by who they are and by their creation. Glory!

If you follow along with Paul you start to see you have no life of your own, for lack of a better term. For the born again now in your body is one life and the life is Christ.

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6

You cannot find another life in scripture, at least not in what Paul has to say. You have an old life that was crucified, you had a death life you were born with and had received and handed down from Adam you see, but it was the only life you had. You did not have a good life, bad life, and a earth life, and no other kind of life but death-sin-life-spirit. You were not the sin unto death, which is the sin Adam received. You were not the evil one, there is only one evil one, the murderer from the beginning. You had to partake of that life, you had no choice because we are created to be dependent on our nature-spirit. You were held responsible for your sinning by the sin nature but that was not you, you are not sin nature. You are created in the image and likeness of God and only partook of the nature. That was not you, you did only the bidding of that life, the sin unto death life that kills, steals, and destroys was your life. It's like science calling human behavior "human nature." I can see why they would do that because humans have a nature that they act on, but you will not find a human nature in scripture. You can only find death nature, sin nature, Satan nature, separated nature, Adam receiving a nature-spirit-life-sin nature when he fell ( Genesis 3:15 ), but you will be hard pressed to find a single human being with a human nature like science reports. That is how quick science and your scripture reading can get turned around.

You can go anywhere in scripture that talks about nature and have a tendency to agree with science, but just because the word of God brings out very clearly the nature's (two distinct nature's in scripture and neither one is human nature) does not prove science is right about a human nature. It is the opposite in scripture, it shows the human being with a nature but that nature is not his own it is hereditary from a progenitor (Adam is not the progenitor of the sin nature). You have to have a father to get nature. There must be a father involved for a nature to be involved. The nature is in the seed-again Genesis 3:15, as well as the seed in other places.

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. - Genesis 3:15.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. - Galatians 3:16.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. - 1 John 5:11-12.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. - 1 John 3:8-9.

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. - 1 John 5:16-17.
Perfect

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Also Ziggy I wanted to add to my first comment. The scriptures you gave were really good ones to go with the topic and for that I thank you.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Job S.M. another, (G243, allos), good topic... I agree 95%, only a few thing to disagree with, not worth arguing over...

Thanks for your comments and scriptures. That is what I'm really more interested in just seeing believers give their understanding because that is what they have learned and know from scripture. So much of what we know or get will come from other believers. We have this thing in us, I'll call it a spirit smile, when we hear others we know basically get to know them by the spirit. Your spirit smiles and desires fellowship around the sound teaching that others have had. It's like a good meal, I say to my family and friends "my belly is smiling."

Reactions: 101G and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I was looking under the Levitical laws... (some find it causes indigestion, but I find it leads to Jesus. All of it.)
I found that if one should sin through ignorance than they can ask forgiveness at what ultimately lies at the foot of the cross.
Before thr "Door" of the tabernacle. As I was reading/posting.. because it's not a study thing for me, I don't think about it ahead of time or plan for what scriptures. They just are there.. I look for similarities. And I found Ignorance was the "Key" to the verse:
There is a sin not unto death. That's what I went looking for.. what sin? Ignorance.

However, Now i found another place which is even deeper than the last. And sometimes all this digging can make one tired.
But I keep finding more treasures.. so I can't give up.. LOL

This:

Phl 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Phl 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Phl 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Phl 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Phl 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Phl 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Phl 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Ye are of your father the devil....

This is hard for me to put into words..
Jesus became obedient to death. He was obedient to the curse of being hung on a tree.
Jesus subjected and became a servant to those who were under the authority of the devil.
And like a theif in the night... he led the captives away.

Thinking of Joseph.
Joseph was put under the authority of Pharaoh in Egypt. He became a willing servant and even helped Pharoah to succeed by warning him of a great famine that was coming.
But through his willingness to become a servant to the one which held him captive,
He was able to open the door for all his family to come live in Goshen. The best part of the land and not only survive but to excel.
And through his obedience (even though He was of the Promised seed and Covenant) He himself being an heir to the promises of Abraham.
He didn't use it to set himself free. But was willing to give up his own authority to save his family.
And not only his family but Egypt and all the other countries that would come to buy food.

I just keep digging..
I got plenty of shovels :)
Thank You!
Hugs

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I was looking under the Levitical laws... (some find it causes indigestion, but I find it leads to Jesus. All of it.)
I found that if one should sin through ignorance than they can ask forgiveness at what ultimately lies at the foot of the cross.

Yes the cross. You know when you get into the scriptures you will see a wonderful thing about them to deal with only 2 in scripture. The first man Adam, and the last man Christ. We are in one or the other and with no grey areas now itf we can see just the 2. When I look for my place and how to fit in so to say even in scripture I always come up a little short because scripture is only going to deal with either the first man Adam, or the last man Jesus Christ. So our place if you will is in one or the other. That can settle a person down to see where their life is.