The Kingdom of God - do we have access to it now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my perspective I will say Yes.

Bi-curiously a born again believer is part of the Kingdom of God as it resides in the heart of the individual who is seeking for the holy city, which is heavenly while they lives which they have Jon and take care of their families and these things; putting time in with respect and honor and love to the Father, in relationship and fellowship with the Father and the Son building up one’s foundation on Christ and building up their spirit by hearing the word of God which builds up also one’s faith, in continuing to trust God and also to do the good things of God by the spirit according to his will for you in the Lord.

Considering the victory of Christ and him being the king not only of the earth, but of the heavenly Jerusalem now today, and God has everything in control.

He has sent his message and made creation clears to those who ponder at his handiwork.

Even the Old Testament prophets and the Law; were used to make God known; and then his Son and the apostles after the resurrection, and also the Spirit, which God writes his laws on the hearts and minds of those whom are his adopted in to the heavenly family of believers

That have gone ahead of you, and you also have a family of believers here on earth to remind you of these things and encourage you to continue in relationship and fellowship with the Father and the son, and to not lose hope even if you may “feel” like God is not there with you.

Trust, hope and believing are all part of faith, and the ability to reach out to him is as close to the lips, mouth, and tongue can confess.

Even the ability to speak within your body you can pray and talk to God and ask him to help you by the spirit to do what is right and the way is his will. Wonderful amazing promises offered even though struggles come about within our flesh that fight the spirit; it will be the spirit that subdues the flesh and Paul encouraged the people at colossae to put to death their earthly members (Colossians 3).

The only thing to wait for is the passing away of the flower of the glory of man which amounts to nothing (death ultimately just like as Jesus died on the cross we have to pas away; before we can become resurrected back to life). Especially without Jesus to make us right with the one whom He had sent.

I really like the above post and perhaps the thing I like best is:

From my perspective I will say Yes.

We all have a perspective - which is to say that we all have experiences and things that have happened to and around us which give us perspective!

From reading the post it seems clear that MatthewG, has a perspective that involves a relationship of some kind between himself and the Father and the Son. And since he writes:

the Kingdom of God as it resides in the heart of the individual who is seeking for the holy city,
It suggests he might also have some relationship with the Kingdom of God, since it appears he is someone who is seeking for the "holy city". So I take the post to mean that MatthewG believes he has the Kingdom of God residing in his heart and it can be found simply by seeking it - though I admit the I was wondering about how the "we have to pass away." part now comes into this. Maybe at that time we don't have to seek it because we will be in it or part of it? But he already said he was part of it? Anyway, I loved the post and felt that most Christians should at least have reached this conclusion.

We should have a relationship with the Father and Son. We should also have some awareness that we have some access to the Kingdom of God now! And making us consider are own thinking and belief is why I started this thread.

You see - when I considered my own stated belief, which is very much like MatthewG belief, I got me and gets me seeking the Kingdom of God/even that holy city if we want to put it that was, and with the seeking came the finding. And the more I sought it the more I found it inside me! It proved my belief was correct, didn't it? And what I found was at the very least, extremely interesting!

It wasn't so much a city, but more like a land! And not even so much a land as a dimension around us. It was more like what Jesus told Pilate, about how His Kingdom was not of this world, yet it is also in our midst. That is to say I find it via my spirit (thus inside me), and it seems to be found with the help of the Holy Spirit of God, but it is simply like in a dimension around us always. It is like a spiritual dimension in which spirits exist. Yet there also seems to be levels or places in which only those spirit who serve the Lord can go, which does not seem to be so much around us but can also be accessed by us, if the Lord Jesus Christ is willing. Still even around us there are spirits, of which some serve the Lord and some are rebellious and are now subject to another who is the leader of the rebellion (Satan). Yet even in that situation, Jesus Christ rules over all things as He needs or desires to. That is what I found, when I acted on those stated beliefs of mine and sought out the Kingdom of God. I found what I believe is an awareness of what it going on around us!

I meet angels that my Lord Jesus Christ sends to me, to both watch over me and also to minister to me as instructed my Him. I also found that need to have some discernment of spirits; yet with that came the understanding the my discernment was not good enough. I need my Lord, whose awareness was good enough. It is like the Lord's prayer suggest with - 'thy Kingdom come, thy will be done', and 'deliver my from evil'. I need that prayer because I am not smart enough to overcome without my Lord Jesus Christ. Still the awareness came with the seeking, as in 'seek first the Kingdom of God...' Do that not only came with a relationship with the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, Jesus Christ, but also with God (Father, Son, Spirit) and the Kingdom of God. So not only do I know my Lord Jesus Christ, but His Holy Spirit which hooks me up with it all, and His Father though Him, and His Kingdom which serves Him, and some awareness of both good and evil. That is what came from the seeking, and from what I found.