The Kingdom of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Seeing the kingdom requires a spiritual faculty of seeing. There are a number of spiritual senses such as perceiving, hearing and seeing. We are to become spiritual in Christ...which means we can operate in both realms as the same time...like Jesus did here on Earth.
The gospel is about opening up a new spiritual kind of life to mankind...which is eternal. This is the eternal life we are to " believe" into.
Great idea about our operating in both realms.
We're told that we are IN the world but not OF the world. This is true, but we still have to operate in this world and get along.

This doesn't mean, though, that we have to do it like everyone else. Since we see the operating skills of the enemy, it's more apparent to us as to the WHY that some do what they do. So we can work our way around that a little better.

This makes us stay calm and think of resolutions instead of arguing or becoming upset with the other person. It seems to me that it's more important to behave like one in the Kingdom, than to try to win our point --- although I try to do that too (for instance with problems in stores or services...which I've had lately).

Those that do not have these spiritual senses you speak of, cannot see the Kingdom.

Reactions: Episkopos

zipzaddle

Aug 11, 2018
Västmanland County / Västerås
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
Jesus said “Verily I say unto you, some that stand here shall not die until they have seen the [kingdom(royalty's realm) of God] come with power. Then after six days Jesus took with him Peter, and James, and John, and led them up into an high mountain and Jesus was transformed before them. His raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow brighter than any white on earth. There appeared to them Elias with Moses and they were talking with Jesus. The disciples were frightened. Then a cloud overshadowed them and a voice came out of the cloud saying, “This is my beloved Son listen to him.” And suddenly, when the disciples had looked around they saw no man any more, only Jesus with themselves.

Paul: I knew a man in Christ fourteen years ago. Such a man was taken three times (2Co 12:8 I besought the Lord three times) to [heaven (sky)] if in the body or out of the body I cannot be sure, but God knows. He was taken into [paradise (Eden)], and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a human to utter.

Here are four of the wisest Christians witnessing the Kingdom of God and all were perplexed. God's Kingdom is beyond what a human can understand. The X-Factor. It is greater than any paradise we could imagine. WOW! Something to look forward to!

Reactions: Nancy and GodsGrace

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean that the Kingdom of God is within us?

Simply that our eyes, as Christians, are opened, and as His Kingdom is within us, we can see it spiritually, but unbelievers cannot. And as we allow The Holy Spirit to work through us more and more, and grow in Him more and more-it becomes an "unseen" reality more real than the hand in front of our faces. It is what I believe...and what the Kingdom of God is, within us.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Luke 17:20-21) "And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

(Matt. 12:28) Christ tells the Pharisees, "But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you."

(Matt. 21:42-43) Christ says to the priests and elders of the people, "...The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner....The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."

It has always been the purpose of God to establish His kingdom upon the earth. (Matt. 6:10) "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." And that always involved Him creating a people and nation of His own from which His rule would come from. And that was Israel. (Ex. 19:6) "And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."

Due to years of rebellion against God, the kingdom was taken from them. They were instead under the judgement of God. But then the kingdom is returning to them. The king is coming. The kingdom is at hand. (Matt. 3:1) (4:17) (10:6-7) But again, they reject the King, Jesus, and as we see in (Matt. 21:42-43) the offer is removed.

Now the kingdom takes on a 'mystery form'. (Matt. 13:11). And as (Luke 17:20-21) says, "...The kingdom cometh not with observation...." Instead now it will exist but only in the individual hearts of men.

But the disciples recognized the kingdom promises to Israel. And just before Jesus ascended, they asked Him, (Acts 1:6) "When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?" To which He replied, (Acts 1:7) "And he said unto them It is not for you to know the times or the season, which the Father hath put in his own power."

In other words the kingdom, God's rule on earth, will be restored to Israel, but we do not know the time.

Stranger

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesus said “Verily I say unto you, some that stand here shall not die until they have seen the [kingdom(royalty's realm) of God] come with power. Then after six days Jesus took with him Peter, and James, and John, and led them up into an high mountain and Jesus was transformed before them. His raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow brighter than any white on earth. There appeared to them Elias with Moses and they were talking with Jesus. The disciples were frightened. Then a cloud overshadowed them and a voice came out of the cloud saying, “This is my beloved Son listen to him.” And suddenly, when the disciples had looked around they saw no man any more, only Jesus with themselves.

Paul: I knew a man in Christ fourteen years ago. Such a man was taken three times (2Co 12:8 I besought the Lord three times) to [heaven (sky)] if in the body or out of the body I cannot be sure, but God knows. He was taken into [paradise (Eden)], and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a human to utter.

Here are four of the wisest Christians witnessing the Kingdom of God and all were perplexed. God's Kingdom is beyond what a human can understand. The X-Factor. It is greater than any paradise we could imagine. WOW! Something to look forward to!

A New Heaven and a New Earth
Revelation 21:3-4
…3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God. 4He will wipe away everytear from their eyes, and there will beno more death or mourning or cryingor pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Isaiah 25:8
He will swallow up death forever. The Lord GOD will wipe away the tears from every face and remove the disgrace of His people from the whole earth. For the LORD has spoken.

Isaiah 35:10
and the ransomed of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing, crowned with everlasting joy. Joy and gladness will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee.

Isaiah 60:20
Your sun will no longer set, and your moon will not wane; for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and the days of your sorrow will be over.

Jeremiah 31:12
They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will be radiant in the bounty of the LORD--the grain, the new wine, the fresh oil, and the young of the flocks and herds. Their life will be like a well-watered garden, and never again will they languish.

1 Corinthians 15:26
The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd. He will lead them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.'"

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: zipzaddle

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well, have you ever visited Detroit
Jesus said we can only see the Kingdom of God with our spiritual eyes.
It is a spiritual realm, right here on earth.

John 3:3, 5, 6 Jesus said:
3Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
4Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?
5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6“That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Jesus said His mission was to bring the Kingdom of God here.
Mathew 4:16-17
16“THE PEOPLE WHO WERE SITTING IN DARKNESS SAW A GREAT LIGHT,
AND THOSE WHO WERE SITTING IN THE LAND AND SHADOW OF DEATH,
UPON THEM A LIGHT DAWNED.”

17From that time Jesus began to preach and say,
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

At hand....means very close. It's meant for everyone, not just those who were about to die.

Mark 1:15
15and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

Luke 4:18-21

18“THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME,
BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR.
HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES,
AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,
TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,

19TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD.”
20And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”

Colossians 4:11
Speaks of the circumcised who were working for the Kingdom of God.

Ephesians 1:21
Jesus is ruler and has authority and power and dominion, not only in THIS AGE, but that to come.

Mathew 6:10
Jesus prayed that the Father's Kingdom come on earth, as it is in heaven.

God's Kingdom is also in Detroit, for those with spiritual eyes to see it.

Reactions: Nancy and Willie T

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said we can only see the Kingdom of God with our spiritual eyes.
It is a spiritual realm, right here on earth.

John 3:3, 5, 6 Jesus said:
3Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
4Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?
5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6“That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Jesus said His mission was to bring the Kingdom of God here.
Mathew 4:16-17
16“THE PEOPLE WHO WERE SITTING IN DARKNESS SAW A GREAT LIGHT,
AND THOSE WHO WERE SITTING IN THE LAND AND SHADOW OF DEATH,
UPON THEM A LIGHT DAWNED.”

17From that time Jesus began to preach and say,
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

At hand....means very close. It's meant for everyone, not just those who were about to die.

Mark 1:15
15and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

Luke 4:18-21

18“THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME,
BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR.
HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES,
AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,
TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,

19TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD.”
20And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”

Colossians 4:11
Speaks of the circumcised who were working for the Kingdom of God.

Ephesians 1:21
Jesus is ruler and has authority and power and dominion, not only in THIS AGE, but that to come.

Mathew 6:10
Jesus prayed that the Father's Kingdom come on earth, as it is in heaven.

God's Kingdom is also in Detroit, for those with spiritual eyes to see it.
"God's Kingdom is also in Detroit, for those with spiritual eyes to see it." Heb will be glad to know that! Hahaha! Nice to see you back GG! Missed you my sister!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I encourage anyone interested in the Kingdom of God to purchase the book, "The Greatness of the Kingdom" by Alva McClain. It is still in print.

Stranger