The KJV of the Holy Bible is based on what? A question for all the KJO folks.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WE FOUND an EVEN OLDER transcript
I've had to replace my King James Bible several times over the years, but my NIV is in excellent condition. That's how it works. These few and poor manuscripts didn't get used, being inaccurate copies, so they didn't wear out, so here they are today! So I have an older NIV, and a newer KJV, that makes the NIV a better version? Hardly! What kind of logic is that??

Someone found an old unused copy of the Bible, and even though it disagreed with nearly all the Bibles out there, this one is better? I don't think so.

Much love!

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But based on what do you believe then anything written in the KING JAMES bible to be true? 41 men picking apart other documents to make that one..... What if they pulled the wrong things out....

OR did they just plagiarize things into a more English understandable wording?

Maybe it is all wrong.

I mean... just stop and think about Adam.

They said God formed him from the ground and breathed life into him... then put "him" into that eutopia of a garden to live... and made his wife from Adams side.... because Adam was lonely for companionship and I guess dogs were not made yet???

But back up to Gen 1.. completely different story.

“Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the [ak]sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

God was going to and did make them... together... so we are led to believe. Together they were to wander the entire earth and tend to it... (wonder if dandylions and pig weed were on earth then or only after Adam was kicked out of the garden?

Anyway this man and woman ( in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.) had a lot of work... while looks like Eve had it easy wandering around the garden and talking to a snake.
hmmmm,
For some reason I got a smile on my face when I read this.
A+ for style.
Lol

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But based on what do you believe then anything written in the KING JAMES bible to be true? 41 men picking apart other documents to make that one..... What if they pulled the wrong things out....

Maybe it is all wrong.

They said God formed him from the ground and breathed life into him... then put "him" into that eutopia of a garden to live... and made his wife from Adams side.... because Adam was lonely for companionship and I guess dogs were not made yet???

“Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the [ak]sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

God was going to and did make them... together... so we are led to believe. Together they were to wander the entire earth and tend to it... (wonder if dandylions and pig weed were on earth then or only after Adam was kicked out of the garden?

Anyway this man and woman ( in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.) had a lot of work... while looks like Eve had it easy wandering around the garden and talking to a snake.
i have read other older versions too . they lined up .
as well as did the much older writings in english too .
rather odd that mainly in the early part of the last century SUDDENLY
out of a genies behind THINGS BEGAN TO CHANGE as suddenly a new , yet they call older appeared .
YA really buy into that do ya . and rather odd
if we look at an even earlier example we saw some doing the very same thing .
AS he too claimed the kjv writers did not translate correctly the greek . You might know him as the founder of the JW camp.
THEY ALL Seem to say a similiar thing . OH the old translators did not have quite the right stuff
AS THEY HAPPILY INTRODUCE what THEY CALL THE RIGHT STUFF . oldest line in the book if ya ask me .
And wescott and hort were all to happy to help in the deception . BUT YOU GO and examine
them men and what they believed . ITS GONNA BE HERESAY for sure and for certain .
BUT i know , i know , FINALLY in this last generation , in this last hour SAVOIRS have arrived to save us
from the old book and to lead christanity into ......................................................

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe it is all wrong.

thats a lot of smoke dear sister . and i am afraid i died tonight its gonna destroy my autposy .
a lot of words indeed .
everything after maybe its all wrong is smoke being blown dear sister .
now as far as forty one men picking , i have heard different numbers from different folks .
and as far as being in agreement with older translations , like wycliff , tyndale . IT was , as was the geneva .
Perhaps a few different words used , but it meant the same thing . I DID MY OWN homework sister .
and its time YOU do yours and stop taking these scholars words as truth .
YOU DIG , YOU DO , just as i did . in the meantime go ahead and open up a KJV and do some good reading .
Speaking of eve , this latter church age is following a certain example that eve did .
ITS HEED a serpent and being coaxed into NOT BELIEVING WHAT JESUS said but rather what serpents men say .
THIS is not gonna bode well .
HAS GOD really said YE MUST BELIEVE . and yet JUST LOOK at how often JESUS and the apostels made it clear
about BELIEVING and what occurs to those who dont . but the sepent sayteh , NAY , NAY FOR GOD IS LOVE ...........
he and his men are DECIEVERS . as for me , IF JESUS said it , THIS LAMB STICKING TOO IT . and there are and is
a whole lot both JESUS and later the apostels had to say , WRITTEN IN THE ACTUAL BIBLE . BIBLE TIME FOLKS .
BIBLE TIME .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they dig up many things . old ancient writings can be found within caves and the dirt
but it dont mean they are true or false . If they contradict
scripture , they false .
THOSE who came along and purposefully tried and try to coax folks out of them older bibles
did so with an agenda in mind . That be a fact .
There is rumor even now there is a slighty different version
within the Vatican . I just wonder , hmmmm ..............
this people is ready to be decieved into a greater lie . My advice
is stay planted in the bible . For many decievers through all ages
have themselves also written down writings of their own mixed with truth
in order to lead folks away unto themselves and their agenda .
So , just cause one comes and hollers , WE FOUND an EVEN OLDER transcript
Means little or nothing to me . cause false men been writing , even within the church , for a very long time
and throughout all decades and centuries . Keep that in mind my dear friend . KEEP that IN MIND .
Where did the scripture come from that you imagine older texts can be dismissed if the older text contradicts?

Do you know the chronology of the new testament?

Scribes did not walk with Jesus and record his ministry.

Some of the texts are from decades after Jesus.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had to replace my King James Bible several times over the years, but my NIV is in excellent condition. That's how it works. These few and poor manuscripts didn't get used, being inaccurate copies, so they didn't wear out, so here they are today! So I have an older NIV, and a newer KJV, that makes the NIV a better version? Hardly! What kind of logic is that??

Someone found an old unused copy of the Bible, and even though it disagreed with nearly all the Bibles out there, this one is better? I don't think so.

Much love!
mark when i tell folks i did lots of homework i kid not .
And all that homework i did FOR ME proved the KJV accurate . NOW I Did not have to do it .
I DID it for the sakes of others .
SEE even when examining the denominations
I DID IT through their OWN BOOKS . yes mark . i didnt just take folks at their words
i actually investigated the other denominations , AND DID SO THROUGH EVEN THEIR OWN WRITINGS .
FOUND EM BIG TIME FAULTY TOO .
see the problem is many just take a man at his word . AS FOR ME , I INVESTIGATE IT .
sure folks had told me problems with the mormon , or jw , or RCC
BUT I HAD WELL investigated them all FOR MYSELF in the library
by THEIR OWN BOOKS . and BOY HOWDY they GOT SERIOUS PROBLEMS .
as do many who heed these scholars of today . THEY got no idea an agenda has been at work .
The main thing to do is , LEARN THAT BIBLE . you see
GOD put me into that book to learn and to grow by the power of HIS indwelling SPIRIT
so by the time i began to investigate these other denonimations
I COULD EASILY DISCERN . and boy they had problems too .
THERE IS A SOLUTION . ITS REAL SIMPLE TOO mark
IF anyone and everyone IN EVERY denomination , simply started afresh and anew
IN THE BIBLE for themselves , learned it FOR THEMSELVES
THINGS WOULD START CLEARING UP REAL QUICKLY . eyes would begin to see the errors within
them denominations and as well as among the delusion that has come to unite
them denonimations to be as one under a HARLOT as well as the other religoins too .
WE GOT a MASSIVE DELUSION . and this DELUSION has come TO UNIFY . not to keep the false divided
BUT TO UNITE THE FALSE AS ONE . and they all think its love and they all think its of GOD . ONLY IT AINT .
IT OF THE DEVIL HIMSELF who has decked himself and his co workers up in WOOL .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did the scripture come from that you imagine older texts can be dismissed if the older text contradicts?

men got you . and you LIKED it and LOVE IT . men know how to plant doubts . sorry you bought into it .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mark when i tell folks i did lots of homework i kid not .
And all that homework i did FOR ME proved the KJV accurate . NOW I Did not have to do it .
I DID it for the sakes of others .
I did the research for my own sake firstly. I want to know truth.
THERE IS A SOLUTION . ITS REAL SIMPLE TOO mark
IF anyone and everyone IN EVERY denomination , simply started afresh and anew
IN THE BIBLE for themselves , learned it FOR THEMSELVES
THINGS WOULD START CLEARING UP REAL QUICKLY . eyes would begin to see the errors within
them denominations and as well as among the delusion that has come to unite
them denonimations to be as one under a HARLOT as well as the other religoins too .
I agree!

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

they got you . But i come to help . who gives a rip if some of it was wrote
even decades after . ITS STILL TRUTH BABY , ITS STILL TRUTH . but they got you duped
into thinking that somehow this means over time they messed some things up . THEY GOT YOU and you seem to love it too .
DO you realize that TORAH ITSELF was recopied by the jews throughout centuries .
YET GOD WAS IN CONTROL sister . ITS NOT LIKE they started messing up the translations .
EVEN THOUGH many of them DID Lead the people astary , AS DID THE UHHOLY WHORE OF THE RCC .
STILL even the RCC recoped it right and true , WELL it did try and add in another seven .
BY the way i did read the other seven and i see WHY they got removed .
BUT anyway for a long while even the RCC recopied it right . OH THEY DIDNT TEACH IT RIGHT .
GOD BE IN CONTROL . NOT these last hour phoney scholars
who lie to us . Every older bible i read , agreed . ITS TODAYS VERSIONS that get worse and worse
over time .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I often have to remind some folks that Jesus did not speak the King's English.
I often have to remind folks that GOD knows all langauges
and can give me the right interpretation into any langauge too .
BUT DO beware because many false scholars can also come in and try and appear as though
they have the better greek or this or that .
BUT GOD be in control .
NOT MAN . not men . IN this last hour the deceptoins have grown to the worst
and yet in its this last hour that the majority within christendom
SEEM TO TRUST IN THE NEW SCHOLARS as they kick out the old . RATHER ODD HUH .
ITS DECEPTOIN my friend . but i completely understand why you like this
I mean i have seen what you said against me when i exposed the other religions as false .
YOU are already infected , TO SOME DEGREE , with the inclusvie delusion that has come to unite
SO no wonder you like the new stuff and new direction so much .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free will.
That's exactly what the serpent persuaded Eve to believe in so that she would disobey the words of God.

And then Adam who was with her followed suit.

The natural mind symptom? Is thinking the "I" is in control as co-creator .
Which is opposed to the truth of, "I Am".

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free will.
That's exactly what the serpent persuaded Eve to believe in so that she would disobey the words of God.

Father remove this cup , NEVERTHELESS NOT MY WILL , NOT MY WILL , NOT MY WILL , BUT THINE BE DONE .
are you sure about that my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free will.

as far as the natural mind symptom thinking the I is in control , yeah its a delusion . but we do have a choice
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY . SEE grace FIRST APPEARED TO US . that is a fact .
IT was GOD who drew me , led me .
As far as the battle . ITS DAILY . the flesh is always gonna rise up , IF WE HAVE THE SPIRIT
SO WILL IT to REMIND US to not entertain the lusts of the flesh . BUT beware
and choose RIGHT my friend . for many have been known to slip and heed the flesh .
IF one do , rebuke the sin when or if the sin is made known to you .
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YE SHALL SERVE , but as for ME ITS CHRIST JESUS , ITS GOD . and believe me
when i say , ITS A DAILY BATTLE . lets not heed the flesh . lets HEED THE SPIRIT .

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats a lot of smoke dear sister . and i am afraid i died tonight its gonna destroy my autposy .
Been needing to cut things due to size. Looks like I will need to do a part 2

Well, as I said a couple of days ago when I first mentioned 41 but not sure I was wrong.
I need to amend it to 47.

icaps
f the 54 invitations issued to join the team of King James Bible translators, only 47 of the men appointed for this work are known to have engaged in it. These were divided into six companies, two of which met at Oxford, two at Cambridge, and two at Westminster. They were presided over by the Dean of Westminster and by the Hebrew Professors of the Oxford and Cambridge Universities, and Archbishop Richard Bancroft was appointed as the principal overseer for the project.

Translation Company Work Assignments​

• FIRST WESTMINSTER COMPANY​

• Genesis - 2 Kings
  • FIRST CAMBRIDGE COMPANY​

• 1 Chronicles - Song of Solomon
  • FIRST OXFORD COMPANY​

• Isaiah - Malachi
  • SECOND CAMBRIDGE COMPANY​

• Apocrypha
  • SECOND OXFORD COMPANY​

• Gospels, Acts & Book of Revelation
  • SECOND WESTMINSTER COMPANY​

• Epistles
and as far as being in agreement with older translations , like wycliff , tyndale . IT was , as was the geneva .
Perhaps a few different words used , but it meant the same thing .

Dont you realized that they all say this. Might be different words but mean the same thing?

I DID MY OWN homework sister .
and its time YOU do yours and stop taking these scholars words as truth .

Well, leaving Easter out of this mix, for the moment....

You did your homework.....?

What about the additions the translators added that can alter intent?

John 18:5 - The King James Bible, in an attempt to add clarity to what was said, made a grievous error when it added the word "he" to a phrase Jesus made when he was arrested. In John 18:5 it says that when a group of religious leaders stated they were looking for Jesus of Nazareth that Christ responded with the phrase, "I am he."

The addition of "he," however, in this KJV Bible obscures a profound revelation by our Savior. Our Lord's response is more accurately translated as "I AM." This short answer was his testimony that he was indeed God in the flesh and the God of the Old Testament! Such a declaration was so powerful that it knocked armed soldiers to the ground!

OR

1John 5:7 - The King James Bible states, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
Most modern translations agree that this was an uninspired and erroneous addition to the Latin Vulgate used to support the unscriptural doctrine of the Trinity. This addition was not present in the original Greek manuscripts of the New Testament!

This Bible verse should read "And it is the Spirit that bears witness because the Spirit is the truth" (HBFV). Verse 8 of the chapter should read, "For there are three that bear witness on the earth: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three witness unto the one truth."

One of my favorite errors you can read in Deut 33:17 KJV (Go ahead.. check your own copy)

"His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh."

Why is this one of my favorites?????

The word “unicorns” is decidedly incorrect. First, there are no such things. Other translations say bull or OX .

I will post only 1 more example for now.

Notice the difference between these three sets of verses from the KJV and the NKJV. To make it simple on you, the error is bolded and color changed. Which version is in error and why? See if you can identify it and explain –

KJV:
Exodus 25:9 According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.

Hebrews 8:5 “Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.”

Hebrews 9:23 “It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.”

NOW...

NKJV:
Exodus 25:9 “According to all that I show you, that is, the pattern of the tabernacle and the pattern of all its furnishings, just so you shall make it.”

Hebrews 8:5 “who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, ‘See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.’”

Hebrews 9:23“Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.”

You say these say the same thing???? Read again before going on.

Can you see that the KJV botched up its translation of Hebrews 9:23, forming a contradiction in the text. The exact opposite of what the Bible says is what they have said.

It is the earthly things that are COPIES of the heavenly things, which are the pattern.

By translating this as PATTERNS, they have brought error into their translation ...with the human translators of God’s infallible word.

When you find such an error be sure to make a margin note correcting it . When the Bible transfers to someone else, they won’t have to go through all the pains of checking that you did.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part 2:

YOU DIG , YOU DO , just as i did . in the meantime go ahead and open up a KJV and do some good reading .

Ok... let's go on with Genesis 1:1.

A great example of the difficulties of accurately translating a verse from the original to English, or how adding an insertion for clarity could later be thought of as original,
let's
take a very simple sentence from the Bible, Genesis 1:1, and make a comparison of a few translations.

First, the original says –

b’reshit bara Elohim eth ha’shamayim v’eth ha’arets

a direct translation would be –
“In beginning created Elohim the heavens and the earth"

Note : the two uses of eth in the Hebrew are not translatable. The word is an untranslatable mark of the accusative case, being generally used to point out more definitely the object of a verb or preposition!

Here are a scant few translations of this verse...

(KJV) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

(ISV) In the beginning, God created the universe.

(NIV) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

(Douay-Rheims) In the beginning God created heaven, and earth.

(LSV) In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth,

(Amplified) In the beginning God (Elohim) created [by forming from nothing] the heavens and the earth.

(SLT) In the beginning God formed the heavens and the earth.

Notice how the KJV says “heaven” instead of “heavens.” Later, they will translate the exact same word as “the air” (Genesis 1:26, etc.), “the heavens” (Genesis 2:1, etc.), or some other variant. Being a plural word, their translation is wrong in Genesis 1:1. Further, the word “the” before beginning is not in the Hebrew and should be italicized as is normal with that translation for inserted words.

The word elohim at times means “gods” as in something other than the true God. Thus, the Amplified Bible both translates the word and also includes it in parenthesis for clarity. It also explains the meaning of the word bara as an act of creation ex nihilo.

The SLT says “formed” without any explanation. Therefore, one might assume that the matter already existed and God simply formed the universe from that preexisting matter. But another word, yatsar, is used to describe such a process, such as in the forming of man from the dust.

By looking over the differences in such translations, one can learn quite a bit about what is going on in the minds of the translators. But remember, this is a very simple sentence. Imagine how varied translations can be in longer or more complicated verses! Don’t rush into judging translations until you have actually studied and thought through what is going on.

A good example of the failure to give the flavor of what is being conveyed is found in this verse from the KJV –

“And we sailed thence, and came the next day over against Chios; and the next day we arrived at Samos, and tarried at Trogyllium; and the next day we came to Miletus.” Acts 20:15

There are five significant errors in this translation. But ignoring them directly, we can refer to the words of Vincent’s Word Studies, “The A.V., [meaning the King James Version] which often gives a varied English for the same Greek, has here for varying Greek given the same English [next] three times over.”

A more suitable translation to get the richness of the verse would be, “And thence having sailed the following day, we arrived opposite Chios. And the other day, we cast-aside at Samos, and having remained in Trogyllium, the adjoining day we came to Miletus” (CG).

We Are admonished to Study to show yourself approved. Don’t be duped into the incredibly inane thinking that the KJV is anywhere near even a “good” translation. It is not. As noted, it is marginal at best.

You want more???

Check out the rest of things here: Errors in the King James Version (Boy, are there a lot of them) – The Superior Word

I can give you references that would keep you busy for a year.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as far as the natural mind symptom thinking the I is in control , yeah its a delusion . but we do have a choice
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY . SEE grace FIRST APPEARED TO US . that is a fact .
IT was GOD who drew me , led me .
As far as the battle . ITS DAILY . the flesh is always gonna rise up , IF WE HAVE THE SPIRIT
SO WILL IT to REMIND US to not entertain the lusts of the flesh . BUT beware
and choose RIGHT my friend . for many have been known to slip and heed the flesh .
IF one do , rebuke the sin when or if the sin is made known to you .
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YE SHALL SERVE , but as for ME ITS CHRIST JESUS , ITS GOD . and believe me
when i say , ITS A DAILY BATTLE . lets not heed the flesh . lets HEED THE SPIRIT .
Ephesians 1:4
For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you see that the KJV botched up its translation of Hebrews 9:23, forming a contradiction in the text. The exact opposite of what the Bible says is what they have said.
Because of the IDOLATRY associated with this translation, you will never get them to concede the translation is not divine.