The lack of knowledge has destroyed us!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
aspen said:
so are cognitively impaired or low IQ folks in trouble for not being literate enough to read the Bible?
Not at all aspen, I seriously believe that God knows their situation and will be gracious as he is not without understanding.
I once dated a girl who was autistic and she really tried her best at loving God and understanding his word ... you could
literally see the glory of God on her face.

The Bible says in Luke 14:12 - 13,

He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or
your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the
crippled, the lame, the blind,

As you can see God loves the disabled and this would include those with learning disabilities.

My approach was more focused on those who do not have any disabilities.

WDJD

Sep 15, 2014
Rocky Wiley said:
Hos_4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Does one think that this scripture could not pertain to us?

We have the Holy Bible with electronic reference to any question we have, but instead of trying to understand God, we just take a man's word. Trust me, a high percentage of Churches do not preach the complete word of God. Why? Because, they haven't studied it either.

Most important information that can be given here is that when you read the Bible,understand it was not written to us. Many people will deny that this is true, but I ask you to try and prove me wrong with scripture. You will find that Jesus spoke to his disciples and others in his generation, the Epistles were addressed to the early churches and/or Christians, and the Book of Revelation was written to the seven churches of Asia at the time of the writing.

The second most important thing is that Jesus told his disciples that he would return in their generation, and he did. Not to believe that is to say that Jesus did not really mean it and therefore the Christian life is all a lie. If it is a lie, then no one has yet received eternal life because no one has been resurrected from the dead, not even Jesus, because the lie can not accept Jesus as the Messiah.
I believe that when he said my people die he's not only talking about physical death but spiritual death as well.
Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
aspen said:
so are cognitively impaired or low IQ folks in trouble for not being literate enough to read the Bible?
The OP, along with further commentary from the author, argues that anyone who disagrees with the author, disagrees with God. People are destroyed for holding a viewpoint at variance with Rocky's.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
http://youtu.be/cGo5rXUAH2o

Unless we surrender to God and speak from our true selves, we will be condemned.

All the knowledge in the world cannot save us.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
This Vale Of Tears said:
The OP, along with further commentary from the author, argues that anyone who disagrees with the author, disagrees with God. People are destroyed for holding a viewpoint at variance with Rocky's.
This Vale of Tears,

Sorry I overlooked your comment. Even though you were not responding to me, you were speaking about my post.

There isn't anything here that I have written that one could possibly say is my personal opinion. If you can point out specifically where and how that might be, with scripture, I will admit to it.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Rocky Wiley said:
Hos_4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Does one think that this scripture could not pertain to us?

We have the Holy Bible with electronic reference to any question we have, but instead of trying to understand God, we just take a man's word. Trust me, a high percentage of Churches do not preach the complete word of God. Why? Because, they haven't studied it either.

Most important information that can be given here is that when you read the Bible,understand it was not written to us. Many people will deny that this is true, but I ask you to try and prove me wrong with scripture. You will find that Jesus spoke to his disciples and others in his generation, the Epistles were addressed to the early churches and/or Christians, and the Book of Revelation was written to the seven churches of Asia at the time of the writing.

The second most important thing is that Jesus told his disciples that he would return in their generation, and he did. Not to believe that is to say that Jesus did not really mean it and therefore the Christian life is all a lie. If it is a lie, then no one has yet received eternal life because no one has been resurrected from the dead, not even Jesus, because the lie can not accept Jesus as the Messiah.
[SIZE=16pt]The apostle were taught by Jesus for three years, and yet Jesus told them they would need the Holy Spirit to understand his teachings.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]How then do you think that by just studding the incomplete Word of God, people can come to know God?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 16:13) “But when the Spirit of truth comes he will lead you to the complete truth, since he will not be speaking as from himself but will say only what he has learnt; and he will tell you of the things to come.”[/SIZE]

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]The apostle were taught by Jesus for three years, and yet Jesus told them they would need the Holy Spirit to understand his teachings.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]How then do you think that by just studding the incomplete Word of God, people can come to know God?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 16:13) “But when the Spirit of truth comes he will lead you to the complete truth, since he will not be speaking as from himself but will say only what he has learnt; and he will tell you of the things to come.”[/SIZE]
Johnlove,

Thank you for your opinion. Even though it is wrong, it appears to me that you are continuing to understand more about God. Here are a couple of additional points:

God is the Spirit of Truth.

Act 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Jesus never spoke to his disciples as God until he returned in the Spirit. This was the Spirit of truth that he was talking about in Joh 16:13

Don’t you think that if God sit with us 40 days explaining to us the things pertaining to the kingdom of God that we could also understand it. If not, why?

The word of God is not incomplete, if one really wants to understand they can. He has given us his Holy Word in book form. If we believe in God we should believe that he has kept his Word true for all those that will believe in Him.

By God's mercy we live.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Rocky Wiley said:
Johnlove,

Thank you for your opinion. Even though it is wrong, it appears to me that you are continuing to understand more about God. Here are a couple of additional points:

God is the Spirit of Truth.

Act 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Jesus never spoke to his disciples as God until he returned in the Spirit. This was the Spirit of truth that he was talking about in Joh 16:13

Don’t you think that if God sit with us 40 days explaining to us the things pertaining to the kingdom of God that we could also understand it. If not, why?

The word of God is not incomplete, if one really wants to understand they can. He has given us his Holy Word in book form. If we believe in God we should believe that he has kept his Word true for all those that will believe in Him.

By God's mercy we live.

[SIZE=16pt] Paul told us that the only way one can come to know God is to have God teach him or herself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 Corinthians 2:10-16) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God.-----------“[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]John told us that there is no way all what Jesus did could be written down. The apostles were taught by Jesus for three years, and still needed the Holy Spirit to teach them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Yet you believe from reading just a small portion of what Jesus did you can come to know God?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 21:25) “There was much else that Jesus did; if it were written down in detail, I do not suppose the world itself would hold all the books that would be written.”[/SIZE]

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt] Paul told us that the only way one can come to know God is to have God teach him or herself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 Corinthians 2:10-16) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God.-----------“[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]John told us that there is no way all what Jesus did could be written down. The apostles were taught by Jesus for three years, and still needed the Holy Spirit to teach them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Yet you believe from reading just a small portion of what Jesus did you can come to know God?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 21:25) “There was much else that Jesus did; if it were written down in detail, I do not suppose the world itself would hold all the books that would be written.”[/SIZE]
Johnlove,

1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
We knoweth the things of a man, we knoweth not the things of God.

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
We can never know all the things of God, but we can know those things that are freely given to us of God.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

We know the things of God by comparing spiritual things with spiritual. Another way of saying that is we know by comparing scripture with scripture.

I may only quote a small portion of God's word, but I assure you that by studying, I know truth from error and if you say God has told you something that is not biblical, it is not from God. If his disciples did not write it down, then it is just saying Jesus did much more than what they could write.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Rocky Wiley said:
Johnlove,

1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
We knoweth the things of a man, we knoweth not the things of God.

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
We can never know all the things of God, but we can know those things that are freely given to us of God.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

We know the things of God by comparing spiritual things with spiritual. Another way of saying that is we know by comparing scripture with scripture.

I may only quote a small portion of God's word, but I assure you that by studying, I know truth from error and if you say God has told you something that is not biblical, it is not from God. If his disciples did not write it down, then it is just saying Jesus did much more than what they could write.
[SIZE=16pt]You know how I tell what is truth, and what is not the truth? I ask Jesus.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Do you have any idea what it means to have the mind of Christ?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Do you know what it means to be a home of God’s?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]That means the Father, son, and the Holy Spirits.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Do you truly believe that one who is a home of God would ever deliberately sin? That means ever deliberately disobey God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]When one deliberately commits a sin he or she is allowing the devil in to him or her. A person who is a home of God’s will never let the devil into God’s home, because God protects such a person from sin/Satan.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]([/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work” [/SIZE]

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Johnlove:

I feel you have a lot of knowledge, however some of it is misdirected. Please accept my response with love.

Your points in black bold.

[SIZE=16pt]You know how I tell what is truth, and what is not the truth? I ask Jesus.[/SIZE]
1Co 8:5[SIZE=11pt] For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) [/SIZE]
1Co 8:6[SIZE=11pt] But to us [/SIZE]there is but[SIZE=11pt] one God, the Father, of whom [/SIZE]are[SIZE=11pt] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [/SIZE]are[SIZE=11pt] all things, and we by him. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE] I believe there is only one God, do you?
1Co 8:7[SIZE=11pt] Howbeit [/SIZE]there is[SIZE=11pt] not in every man that knowledge: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]Many say they believe in one God but they lack the ability to explain it.
1Jn 5:7[SIZE=11pt] For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Do you have any idea what it means to have the mind of Christ?[/SIZE]
1Co 2:14[SIZE=11pt] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [/SIZE]them,[SIZE=11pt] because they are spiritually discerned. [/SIZE]
1Co 2:15[SIZE=11pt] But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. [/SIZE]
1Co 2:16[SIZE=11pt] For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. [/SIZE]
It is the spiritual man that has the mind of Christ.
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
1Co 3:16[SIZE=11pt] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [/SIZE]that[SIZE=11pt] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE] Notice there is not an ‘s’ after the word ‘Spirit’, there is only one Spirit (God).
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Do you truly believe that one who is a home of God would ever deliberately sin? That means ever deliberately disobey God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]When one deliberately commits a sin he or she is allowing the devil in to him or her. A person who is a home of God’s will never let the devil into God’s home, because God protects such a person from sin/Satan.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]([/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]John 14: 23[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]([/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]1 John 3:8[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work” [/SIZE]

I agree that we won’t deliberately sin!
[SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE]

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Rocky Wiley said:
Johnlove:

I feel you have a lot of knowledge, however some of it is misdirected. Please accept my response with love.

Your points in black bold.

1Co 8:5[SIZE=11pt] For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) [/SIZE]
1Co 8:6[SIZE=11pt] But to us [/SIZE]there is but[SIZE=11pt] one God, the Father, of whom [/SIZE]are[SIZE=11pt] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [/SIZE]are[SIZE=11pt] all things, and we by him. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE] I believe there is only one God, do you?
1Co 8:7[SIZE=11pt] Howbeit [/SIZE]there is[SIZE=11pt] not in every man that knowledge: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]Many say they believe in one God but they lack the ability to explain it.
1Jn 5:7[SIZE=11pt] For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
1Co 2:14[SIZE=11pt] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [/SIZE]them,[SIZE=11pt] because they are spiritually discerned. [/SIZE]
1Co 2:15[SIZE=11pt] But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. [/SIZE]
1Co 2:16[SIZE=11pt] For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. [/SIZE]
It is the spiritual man that has the mind of Christ.
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
1Co 3:16[SIZE=11pt] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [/SIZE]that[SIZE=11pt] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE] Notice there is not an ‘s’ after the word ‘Spirit’, there is only one Spirit (God).
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]([/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]John 14: 23[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]([/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]1 John 3:8[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work” [/SIZE]

I agree that we won’t deliberately sin!
[SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]I know from God that Jesus is God. God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I also believe that unless one believes that Jesus is God, then he or she are not a follower of God. One has to be a follower of Jesus to be able to come to the Father.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus said he would call out his own by name and then would follow him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]My ministry at this time is to give a word to Christians. I do not care to even talk about God who will not accept Jesus as God. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]By the way start another thread if you want to discuss what you believe who God is. Then I can avoid that thread. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]All of that is with my understanding you to say Jesus is not God. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE]

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]By the way start another thread if you want to discuss what you believe who God is. Then I can avoid that thread. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]All of that is with my understanding you to say Jesus is not God. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE]
Johnlove,

I not only believe Jesus is God, I believe God is Jesus, and the Holy Ghost is Jesus! They are one and the same Spirit.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

If you believe the above, then we are in agreement and no need for another thread.

Blessed is the name of the Lord!

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Rocky Wiley said:
Johnlove,

I not only believe Jesus is God, I believe God is Jesus, and the Holy Ghost is Jesus! They are one and the same Spirit.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

If you believe the above, then we are in agreement and no need for another thread.

Blessed is the name of the Lord!
[SIZE=16pt]I am sorry to have misunderstood you. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Please then explain to me what you were saying to me.[/SIZE]

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]I am sorry to have misunderstood you. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Please then explain to me what you were saying to me.[/SIZE]
You caught me by surprise here. What is it specificity you don't understand?

Job one

Jan 9, 2008
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the OP addresses a very valid point. The communication from God, either directly or through his prophets was directed to specific peoples to address their specific needs. If we follow the OP line of reasoning to our present day, then the question may be asked,

"Are our needs to receive direct revelation from God today to address our needs any less important?"

Also, "Has God indeed spoken to us by direct revelation in our day?"

Also, "If he has spoken to us in our day, have we refused to be in tune to receive His current words as many in earlier dispensations rejected Him or his prophets in their day"?

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jacqui said:
hi rocky wiley.

how would you explain 2 peter ch 3 thanks.
What are you asking exactly? Where do you need clarification? I don't follow.

Jacqui

Dec 16, 2014
to born again, i took it you believe jesus has returned
sorry, that was meant to rocky wiley.
Apologies about th two above posts, I was using a Mobile and couldn't quite see what I was doing/ or who I was addressing. I think I'll read the whole conversation before commenting or asking a question. Thanks.