The last days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I figured there would be debate on this, so I posted it here. It's not very long, just some thoughts I had this morning.

Last days, sound so final and that the end is just around the corner. But, I can't help but wonder, if Last days doesn't imply urgency as we've been lead to believe. Either as in, if you believe in Rapture, or not. We seem to be lead that Last days means quick and just a few.

We've been in the "last days" for 2,000 some odd years, prior, the "First?" days were around 10,000 years, maybe even more.

Could it be that the Last days are merely saying, this is the last stretch? After this there will be no more covenants and no more earthly life as we know it? Could it be that this urgency and concern we have that it's just a couple years away could be wrong?

Obviously, we shouldn't be lax, and we all know and agree that Jesus will return. I just wonder if we're misenterpreting "Last"

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I figured there would be debate on this, so I posted it here. It's not very long, just some thoughts I had this morning.

Last days, sound so final and that the end is just around the corner. But, I can't help but wonder, if Last days doesn't imply urgency as we've been lead to believe. Either as in, if you believe in Rapture, or not. We seem to be lead that Last days means quick and just a few.

We've been in the "last days" for 2,000 some odd years, prior, the "First?" days were around 10,000 years, maybe even more.

Could it be that the Last days are merely saying, this is the last stretch? After this there will be no more covenants and no more earthly life as we know it? Could it be that this urgency and concern we have that it's just a couple years away could be wrong?

Obviously, we shouldn't be lax, and we all know and agree that Jesus will return. I just wonder if we're misenterpreting "Last"

In which the prophecies of Ezekiel occur [Not in the last days] but in the latter days...

After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword -Ezekiel 38:8

And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, - Ezekiel 38:16

So I would think that the prophecies of Ezekiel 38/39 can indeed happen in our lifetime!

charlesj

Sep 13, 2010
San Antonio, Texas

Hello WhiteKnuckle:

If you look at the "context" when "last days" are used it may refer to the end of the Jewish economy in A.D. 70.

Take a look at my post: http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/13645-prophetic-language-of-the-old-testament/

Remember all the books of the N.T. were written BEFORE A.D. 70 when Jerusalem/temple was destroyed. The apostles(disciples) knew this ("last days") when they saw "Jerusalem surrounced by armies" (Abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel.).

Your servant in Messiah,

charlesj

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It's really time to quit playing religion, quit listening to man, and get into God's Word with prayer and fasting. The time is very... short.